Subject: "(CON LOSS) [SCION] Arkaon Maethran the King of the Glad..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47825
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 30-Apr-06 10:16 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17178 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47825, "(CON LOSS) [SCION] Arkaon Maethran the King of the Glade"

Sun Apr 30 10:12:59 2006

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Arkaon perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:ranger
Level:49
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:175

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply And so it ends, Arkaon (Guest), 30-Apr-06 02:06 PM, #2
Reply Thank Godz, Gorrnar (Guest), 30-Apr-06 02:59 PM, #3
Reply whacked?, Bolen (Guest), 30-Apr-06 03:10 PM, #4
Reply About gear, Arkaon (Guest), 30-Apr-06 08:20 PM, #6
Reply RE: And so it ends, Eshval, 30-Apr-06 04:22 PM, #5
Reply Rangers in scion, Arkaon (Guest), 30-Apr-06 08:26 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Rangers in scion, Eshval, 30-Apr-06 11:55 PM, #10
Reply RE: And so it ends, Saroiya (Guest), 30-Apr-06 08:27 PM, #8
Reply It was just my two cents, Arkaon (Guest), 30-Apr-06 08:32 PM, #9
Reply RE: And so it ends, Bjic (Guest), 01-May-06 12:55 AM, #11
Reply Nicely done!, Reir (Guest), 02-May-06 02:30 AM, #12
Reply See you on the flip side. I already posted my bit on D..., Tyrelyn (Guest), 30-Apr-06 01:47 PM, #1

Arkaon (Guest)Sun 30-Apr-06 02:06 PM

#47834, "And so it ends"
In response to Reply #0

Well what can I say, an end to one of my most enjoyable characters ever on cf. Never a dull moment, right from the start where I was solo hunting, to eshval interactions and once I got inducted it was an adrenaline ride all the way. Scion was my first cabal when I started out on cf, and it felt good to be back after a break of 3 years from cfing although I think the rustiness showed.

Immortals

Eshval
Thanks a lot. For everything you did. As a player I generally steer away from immortals. I rarely play empowered classes. But you have been rocking from the word go. I wanted to kill for you and everytime I died fighting outside wilderness I wanted to scream. I wanted to take the rp aspect to another level but some ooc stuff came up. I am doing my internship, two major paper presentations, another one coming along, and what not. I felt I let you down both on the rp and the pk aspect, but I plan to come back again. Thanks for the exp, for everything and for bearing with me

Muuloc
You tend to be around, which is both comforting and scary. It tends to lift the bar a little higher and makes it more fun. Thanks for the word of appreciation. Am not sure if you gave me that dream I only realised what place it was after I went through scion lore. My bad. The other quest fulfilled my quest of going to that place however. I stumbled upon your shrine just before croaking and hope to play a follower some day. Thanks for everything.

Allies

Grzilt : My Man Friday, we had a lot of fun together. So much so when I logged in I did a whois grzilt first. We got a lot of kills and I was sorry to see you go. You play a mean thief and would have been a welcome addition. Good fun times

The Orc Hoarde: Villka we have been together since our academy days, you are fun to be around and you taught me some cool gear locations that last session. Kastriosis (or something) the orc with whom I went around and cleaned up the pk range twice, that session was fun. Good luck all.

Kayirkou: Hoped to do more. That mount fight was crazy.

Furoll : Dumb, crazy fights. Enjoyed each one, especially the thar acacia one. Hehe

Pashikom : Textbook ranger kills those two were. I had to vent a bit.

Scions

Cabdru : It was a privilege to fight by your side. I would usually be chuckling this side of the screen as I lead you to raids and back. That line you said "I have the orb" would make me topple off my chair imagining the sight. You are magic at its perfection and something the ap class will long aspire for. It was like fighting under tillaen and the vizier of the shades of the old scion.

Redegis : Whoa! From a docile mage you went on to be a meanie. I was leading you to shrines, guiding you and once you get inducted you started throwing out some well timed disrupts. Fun fights, keep going. I wanted to nominate you to tend to my glade.

Vens : I have fought you pre and post induction. Same results. Solid assassin.

Malniek : I was gonna share prepology with you in exchange for a pact to guard the chancellor. Seems it was not to be.

Dharrh : I wish you hadnt deleted so I could have killed you.

The rest, you all are cool.

Fortress

Reir : Hats off. Everytime you were on I was a bit more awake. Thanks for leaving my gear vs furoll you villagers and all. I went out of my way to leave you gear after that. We had some crazy fights it was fun. I loved the character.

Thargris : You know why I liked you. Rare to run into such people, especially since I make an effort to leave most of what I can.

Saroiya : Have ranked with you with other chars, marked improvement. Your philosophy might just be a tad off though. Fortress shows mercy because otherwise there is no difference between them and the others. I am not the judge of that, just my two cents. I talked a bit with fortress people as a squire bard so I would know. Fun fights vs you and invoker.

Anordes : Got me a few times.

Fjal : Prep more. An invoker fleeing at convulsing 9 times out of ten is not good news. Also, invokers do die underwater.

Farigno : We have fought from our lowbie days. Thanks for the gear, I tried to do the same for you.

Daiden : Your claim to righteousness at leaving my gear when saroiya farigno anordes you etc etc one rounded me rang hollow. Especially since i have seen you looting and destroying my gear even when you had nothing to do with the original pk, case in point is the eastern when furoll got me and two other times. I would have full looted and full sacced your gear any day but I didnt, thrice.

Nefahrin : You sucked up a lot of punishment and took it well. Keep at it man.

Hyzin : You got me a few times, mostly because of me not wanting to get out while I could, and at other times not being able to get out despite wanting to I dont give shifters much credit but with you it wasnt flyto;peck so I enjoyed the outings. Deserved marshall, good luck. What was the deal with leaving the scepter at the village when I tricked gorrnar into nailing you for me?

Kavan : My favourite assassin. I beat you up a lot. You returned the favour. Good good fights man, it was fun.

Empire

I couldnt fight you all as much as I wanted.
Tyrelyvn sticks out as one of the most jaw dropping fights I have had vs a warrior. That fight was insane and you are doing a great job, keep at it.

Villagers

If you can suck up a ranger ambush, you can beat em. It was a mixed bag, ran out of options quick at times, at other times I could slice through especially when I was prepped.

Kragathian : Couldnt beat you.

Dolza : I gave you a surprise at the archmage and later at the village, ensnared and nailed you. You, ofcourse, returned the favour. Hehe

Bjic : Fun fights man.

Harkleet and the others, you were all cool.

Outlanders

Aeria : Should have quaffed, I didnt. Wanted to run a bit, prep and come back. Died for it.

Bolen : If you come near the chasm expect to get whacked.

Raen : That was a crazy retrieval when I snared you at the centaur and killed it with you watching. Felt bad when I got you later with Redegis, but you came for me once too many.

Tribunal

Zerael : You ask too many questions!

This is getting long, and it is getting late. I am forgetting tons of people, give me a holler. Thanks once again meanies for a great char and to the imms for a great game. I hope to be back again after I sort through college work, probably a scion again. I really like the challenge of playing tactical chars and the unspoken threat of deinduction for bad performance in this cabal. No bash warriors for me

And so it ends.

Gorrnar (Guest)Sun 30-Apr-06 02:59 PM

#47836, "Thank Godz"
In response to Reply #2

Can't believe it you didn't mention me! We had tons of fights over the last few weeks. I was surprised when I realised that you were a scion, i had walked past you atleast three times, without a clue when you just ranked into hero. You were not difficult to get past, as a ranger who uses ambush as a tactic, i had polearms to counter that. It was frustrating to get caught in all those snares. I also tried to leave all your gear. It was ironic that at the chasm when I came with the young rager and you died and I told them to leave your things and then I got assassinated and came back to an empty corpse. Well done. All the best for your presentations and other stuff.

Gorrnar Hacken

Bolen (Guest)Sun 30-Apr-06 03:10 PM

#47838, "whacked?"
In response to Reply #2

Let's see: snared, you ambushed (with 7 ranks on me), Cadbru bashed (with 9 ranks on me), Yukoza bashed (even rank) and oh yeah, 3 Nightwalkers. I think we can safely call that whacked.

However, your gank did strip me completely bare; didn't even leave the instruments that no one else could use. So don't complain that others did it to you at times. I generally try to leave most, if not all, unless that particular group has stripped me bare. It's a shame that it's not reciprocated more often.

Arkaon (Guest)Sun 30-Apr-06 08:20 PM

#47845, "About gear"
In response to Reply #4

I dont complain when my gear gets looted. If you die, you forfeit the armor. But some of us chose not to excercise that right and return things. I told you I had only a couple of things from you, which was the aura staves (MY aura staves ) but you wouldnt listen.

EshvalSun 30-Apr-06 04:22 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47840, "RE: And so it ends"
In response to Reply #2

Having played my share of rangers, and watched a few in Scion and other Cabals, I am convinced they are heartaches waiting to happen. I keep swearing I will not allow another ranger in Scion, but I am such a sucker (sometimes). In your case, I was hoping you would hero, but you generally were in the thick of it and as such, it cost lives.

Learn to use CREEP! It is your friend.

I look forward to someone showing up with a true huntsman of the dark. While you weren't made in that way, you held your own and made some folks worry.

Good luck.

I am gonna puke if I see any of mine refer to the Furnace or fire. Luckily for you, you had an okay explanation.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

Arkaon (Guest)Sun 30-Apr-06 08:26 PM

#47846, "Rangers in scion"
In response to Reply #5

All that running time and regear time, the deserts being civilised, the shrine and the chasm all civilised, made for horrible wilderness time. I was forever losing fast chamo and getting it back. I think I went the last 50 hours without fast chamo.
I cant wait to see Cabdru or someone similar play a scion ranger. Having said that, for the life of me I cant imagine why there are so few rager rangers around.
Perhaps giving them something like the imperial skill where you can control your wilderness familiarity to either dodge or hit more around rank 46 (at par with martial trance and enhanced reactions) might make them much more competitive, then again, you cant gear or spam skills for being badass.
Thanks for the fun times, a scion warrior is what I need

EshvalSun 30-Apr-06 11:55 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47850, "RE: Rangers in scion"
In response to Reply #7

I don't feel or believe Scion and ranger are the best of friends, and their appearance in the Chasm is something that seems off. Until I can fully wrap my mind around the reasoning, I am likely to allow them in Scion...if they are good enough.

As a general note, the trend when folks enter Scion is for them to experience lots of deaths...not always the case, but just a generalization.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

Saroiya (Guest)Sun 30-Apr-06 08:27 PM

#47847, "RE: And so it ends"
In response to Reply #2

Our fights weren't too memorable, the only thing I really feared from you was your snare + cabdru other than that our fights were generally very one sided. We never did talk very much if at all, but you must have a lot of heart to con-die a scion ranger. As for my philosophy... it is almost certainly markedly different from most in the Fortress. I'm one of Dalteric's Monks first, a Maran second after all. I do agree that it isn't your place to make generalizations about my behavior, especially when we hardly said a word to each other!

Still, I hope to see you again in the fields with all the heart, fortitude, and hopefully lessons that you showed and gained with this character.

Arkaon (Guest)Sun 30-Apr-06 08:32 PM

#47848, "It was just my two cents"
In response to Reply #8

Like I said I am not one to comment, you must have your reasons. Vs elf paladins sans protection it usually is facing upto wrath spam and running and returning. You are well played, keep at it.

Bjic (Guest)Mon 01-May-06 12:55 AM

#47855, "RE: And so it ends"
In response to Reply #2

Eh. I wished you stayed a bit longer. Guess you wouldnt be a match for a whip spec once I perfected my entwining and striping. But with such level difference we were quite a match and battles were fun indeed. Be well and good luck on your next.

Reir (Guest)Tue 02-May-06 02:30 AM

#47876, "Nicely done!"
In response to Reply #2

Ahh..a good way to go out with the con-death! I really liked Arkaon. You had lots of heart and was a pleasure to fight against. Good luck with the next!

Tyrelyn (Guest)Sun 30-Apr-06 01:47 PM

#47832, "See you on the flip side. I already posted my bit on D..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47825 Previous topic | Next topic