Subject: "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Fielstithian Cothiliar the Elder..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47619
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 21-Apr-06 12:16 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17178 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47619, "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Fielstithian Cothiliar the Elder Warrior of the Wilds"

Fri Apr 21 00:15:45 2006

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Fielstithian perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:363

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes, Fielstithian (Guest), 21-Apr-06 01:12 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Caroolth (Guest), 21-Apr-06 06:57 AM, #2
     Reply I wished I'd saved that song.., Bolen (Guest), 21-Apr-06 10:18 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Thmauddhot (Guest), 21-Apr-06 10:26 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Karel, 21-Apr-06 12:20 PM, #5
     Reply Yes, Nethlin! I'm sorry about that, Nellion came, Fielstithian (Guest), 21-Apr-06 12:37 PM, #6
     Reply I liked Fielstithian, Crugald (Guest), 21-Apr-06 06:15 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Innis, 21-Apr-06 09:17 PM, #8
          Reply This wasn't aimed directly at you., Fielstithian (Guest), 22-Apr-06 12:07 AM, #9

Fielstithian (Guest)Fri 21-Apr-06 01:12 AM

#47620, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

This was my first elf, my first warrior, and my first Outlander, and so I didn't think I would have any con left after 100 hours. Things started off pretty rocky with me being hounded by full-looting imperial/tribunal gank squads of gating healers, tailing assassins, and bashing warriors, but during my journey I learned much more about areas, preps, and pk than I had with previous characters.

Svirfs tended to owned me. I'd rather have fought three flurrying fire giants than any one svirf I encountered. Combined with the inevitable flail specialization, their innate damredux, hps, and greater strength just tooled this dagger spec. Ragers...well, the longest fight I had with a rager was three rounds. I learned that without a/b/s, deathblow is its namesake. Consequently I quit trying to fight neutral dwarves or evil ragers, for I didn't have a prayer.

I received almost no immteraction with this character, and although I had unattained hopes in that regard, I recognize my roleplay was stale compared to many and my combat was less than remarkable. Something to aspire toward on a future character.

Now for the goodbyes.

Outlanders
Nellion: You were the first character that made me feel welcome in the cabal, and although our trips to Hell invariably had a painful outcome, I learned a lot from you and looked upon you as a mentor. Thank you.

Aeria: You were Fielstithian's good luck charm. When you were on, even if we weren't in the same room, I damn near felt invincible. I hope you resume a more active role in Outlander, for things seem to be in a nadir without you. It was absolutely great working with you.

Morasfenmire: I loved to hate you. Your name made me laugh, your speech was maddeningly circular in its references to death and muck, and your aggressiveness was awe-inspiring. If you were the abs whore that some of our opponents were, you would have been a nightmare instead of a bad dream. Hats off to you for your consistent rp and your willingness to not be prep-dependent.

Tredyn: I didn't play a huge socialite and our hours didn't mesh fully, so consequently I never really saw you do anything. Obviously someone did, for you made Sunwarden pretty damn quick, which must say something about you. Keep doing what you are doing, and I'll see you on the next cycle.

Crugald: The name reminded me too much of Hrugald, whom I knew in a past life, so I constantly found myself doing a mental check when I spoke with you. People in the cabal with whom I spoke said very positive things about you behind your back.

Alenysi: Now here was a wild spirit! Mercurial in temperament, she made every moment interesting. I hated losing you to the imms; this seemed to have been a turning point for Outlanders, for shortly after it seemed like our hero ranks faded to black. Good luck with your imming gig!

Bolen: I liked having you on, for you wrote a song about one of the fights I was in! Seriously, though, you were a breath of fresh air to a cabal that was quite starchy at times. Keep belting out those songs, and we'll see some good things come from you in the future I'm sure.

Tribunals
Kasdenn: Beast. I enjoyed our little talks, such as that in Seanchean Modan where I tried to win you over to our cause. Good character.

Falun: I didn't know what to make of you--if my daggers got you bleeding at all, you disappeared. Maybe it was pure coincidence, but I was disappointed in our fights.

Thmauddhot: I really wanted to see you die, but it's tough to bring down a healer solo, and you weren't too incredibly stupid so I'd have a chance there. Congratulations on the promotion.

Caroolth: Fielsthian interacted with Caroolth more than any other character, friend or foe, and I really really enjoyed our pks and our occasional rp moments. I still laugh at the time you said "ready" after changing out your swords when you meant "read" and so I attacked you, heh. You were likely my favorite character; interacting with you was akin to a cartoon I watched as a kid where Wiley Coyote and the saint bernard battled against each other for the sheep. Godsped, my friend.

I know I'm missing several people, but don't take it as a slight. This note is getting epic, it's late, and I don't want to bore anyone. Post and I'll respond.

Caroolth (Guest)Fri 21-Apr-06 06:57 AM

#47624, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

I always enjoyed seeing you around, because you were a fight that could go either way. Usually badly lately, but that's just the way it goes sometimes. Had guts, would be willing to talk and try and argue your views, which is a good thing. All in all, sad to see you die, but con-dying is the way to go

I guess I'm the saint bernard in that scenario? Good luck on the next!

Bolen (Guest)Fri 21-Apr-06 10:18 AM

#47628, "I wished I'd saved that song.."
In response to Reply #1

But all of them are just ephemeris in the winds. I was way impressed with how you did in that defense and it was certainly worth memorializing. I remember you from another PC I had a long while ago when you were first coming up and almost threw in the towel a couple of times. I'm glad you stuck it out. I was certain when you were on that someone was going to get the short end of those pointy things you had.

Good luck on whatever you do next.

Thmauddhot (Guest)Fri 21-Apr-06 10:26 AM

#47631, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

I only got to interact with you very late in your life. I liked what I saw. Though I imagine the only reason you rushed in like that was to end it all. If a drow can respect an elf a bit..then that was achieved. You didnt come to town and spit on me, and give insults, which is typically what I encounter.

I cant forsee ever dying to an elf dagger spec, in a solo fight, but that is no knock agaisnt you. Not like healers are going to put the fear into most in solo fights either. Unless they want to stand there and get kicked to death over a 30 minute period.

See you around.

KarelFri 21-Apr-06 12:20 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47639, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Well, I'm thinking you meant Nethlin instead of Nellion, so I'll respond as if you did, unless a level 40 ranger was taking you into Hell. And don't worry about the mistake if it was, I barely remember my names either. Elf warrior is a tough gig, easily exploitable vulnerability, #### for hp (although at least the post 40 hp boost is around now), and the previous two points painting a bullseye on their ass. Wouldn't be something I'd suggest as a first time warrior, but after you play around with the class more you should revisit it, they can be pretty damn deadly. Wasn't around a terribly long time with you, and haven't really played much since to see you, but from what I did see you took your beatings with grace and kept going. You were always up for doing something too, even when I told you we'd probably all die =P

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Fielstithian (Guest)Fri 21-Apr-06 12:37 PM

#47641, "Yes, Nethlin! I'm sorry about that, Nellion came"
In response to Reply #5

after you. I also left out Thrugald in the confusing Crugald/Thrugald/Hrugald name game.

Old age and too many nights of CF with 3 hours sleep kicking my arse.

Crugald (Guest)Fri 21-Apr-06 06:15 PM

#47675, "I liked Fielstithian"
In response to Reply #1

I liked you a lot, you were always showing up, and always trying. You were very quiet, and that is always interesting. From the other side of the coin, as Artisle, you rocked me pretty good as Fielstithian. Daggers are good against pole/hand specs I guess. Anyway, I thought you were tough, and you came along way from our ranking days when I played Blidern.

Great job, good luck with the next.

Aaron

InnisFri 21-Apr-06 09:17 PM
Member since 20th Feb 2005
106 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47681, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

I noted somewhere in your PBF, that I was concerned with the fire you had in your heart that you would become someone who seeks to kill everything and everyone. I also noted, that I was pleased to see you still alive near the end of your life, and was around for your final death.

I don't always interact with characters, but I try to give everyone some encouragement. My main worry with you was (as you noted) that you would con-die in short order.

You were what I would call a 'blood and guts' character. You were always in the thick of it (often leaving behind your blood and guts) and never gave up. In watching you, I have to say, you were steady, though not inspiring to watch. I would also say, you were fun with your ever present 'I see you' greeting when anyone logged on.

Good luck.

innis@carrionfields.com

Fielstithian (Guest)Sat 22-Apr-06 12:07 AM

#47690, "This wasn't aimed directly at you."
In response to Reply #8

The last 175 of this character's 376 hours I didn't see an Outlander imm. I hadn't seen Tredyn since about the end of January, and after he deleted early in February Aeria's hours seemed to shift to a later time, which helped/forced me to grow in that void of leadership and guidance. As my first Outlander, though, it would have been nice to have had a mortal or immortal around who could have taught me more about the Ancients. Another option might be to embed more bits of lore regarding the Ancients throughout the mud accessible to everyone, and steer applicants and Outlanders to them as an educational quest.

What puzzled me was why no new Sunwarden was appointed. I'd have happily taken the leader con along with the interviews I found myself doing in the absence of mortal leadership, but Thrugald was an effective warrior and Mhardat was pretty reliable if not exactly beloved. This could easily be explained as neither player wanted a leadership role or "none of your damned business, Jeff," and that's ok too.

This isn't a question needing an answer, just one of those things that left me scratching my head in general and a bit frustrated when I had things I wanted to do other than chat with youngin's.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47619 Previous topic | Next topic