Subject: "Posting here since I don't want to reveal who I am." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47598
Show all folders

Necromancer (Guest)Thu 20-Apr-06 04:31 PM

#47598, "Posting here since I don't want to reveal who I am."

Please move this to the gameplay forum if you want.

This is through aura, shield, wraithform, armor of bone.

Level32Warrior has arrived.

<405hp 560m 372mv 12668tnl (2.18%)> bb
Level32Warrior yells 'Die, Necro, you sorcerous dog!'
Level32Warrior deflects your spell!
Level32Warrior's spellbane decimates you!
Your armor of bones cracks and splinters!
Level32Warrior DISMEMBERS you!
Level32Warrior EVISCERATES you!
Level32Warrior delivers a blow of deadly force!
Level32Warrior *** DEVASTATES *** you!
That really did HURT!
You sure are BLEEDING!
Level32Warrior delivers a blow of deadly force!
Level32Warrior *** DEMOLISHES *** you!
You have been KILLED!!

You have died, but the Carrion Fields are not finished with you yet!
Your soul is returned to the realms in the form of a ghost.
You will return to your corporeal state in a short while.
Be careful, for even a ghost should fear some dangers!

I'm sorry guys. But this is pretty stupid in my opinion. He did 405 (or more damage) to me without even a round going by. This is straight from spellbane round.

Honestly you wonder why people power rank to higher levels, this kind of crap is why. Honestly is the goal of the game to make it so people just avoid PKs all together? This was through 25ish% damage reduction.

I guarantee I will never fight this individual alone again. He certainly won't ever get a fair fight from me again.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply There isn't anything to be gained by continuing this di..., nepenthe, 20-Apr-06 10:25 PM, #12
Reply Thread locked., Valguarnera, 20-Apr-06 09:29 PM, #11
Reply The best advice ever for a post like this, Rustanviel, 20-Apr-06 08:44 PM, #8
Reply But..., Dwoggurd, 20-Apr-06 04:49 PM, #2
Reply Thats incorrect at this level., Necro (Guest), 20-Apr-06 05:24 PM, #3
     Reply I'm not sure what exactly you wish to balance., Dwoggurd, 20-Apr-06 06:06 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Thats incorrect at this level., nepenthe, 20-Apr-06 06:43 PM, #6
          Reply Uhm, Okay., Necromancer (Guest), 20-Apr-06 08:56 PM, #9
Reply I've always thought deathblow should be (at least) 40+., DC (Guest), 20-Apr-06 04:39 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I've always thought deathblow should be (at least) ..., nepenthe, 20-Apr-06 05:44 PM, #4
          Reply Did you check out that log?, DC (Guest), 20-Apr-06 08:19 PM, #7
          Reply Level 32 was his level, Necromancer (Guest), 20-Apr-06 08:57 PM, #10

nepentheThu 20-Apr-06 10:25 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47615, "There isn't anything to be gained by continuing this di..."
In response to Reply #0

I crunched the numbers on it for the #### of it, and either this log is edited, or the protections listed were not in play.

I'll believe aura or shield, but it's not both. Math says it's at most one or the other.

ValguarneraThu 20-Apr-06 09:29 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47612, "Thread locked."
In response to Reply #0

It's increasingly clear the poster is more concerned with picking fights than discussing anything.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

RustanvielThu 20-Apr-06 08:44 PM
Member since 12th Jan 2004
19 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47609, "The best advice ever for a post like this"
In response to Reply #0

And though I didn't come up with it origionally, it is amazing how many posts this advice is accurate for. If you are going against a combo that you think is over-powered, play that combo and see what other people do against you. I've heard a thousand complaints through the years that some other combo is over-powered, but only about 4 times have I heard someone get done playing a character and say 'you know, I did well with this character only because my combo was so much stronger than everything else.' If you want to find out why that character is not overpowered, play it, and you will understand, I promise you.

DwoggurdThu 20-Apr-06 04:49 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47600, "But..."
In response to Reply #0

If you would put him to sleep we would see a similar post from him.

Because it is very hard to survive a sleep as a rager.

Necro (Guest)Thu 20-Apr-06 05:24 PM

#47601, "Thats incorrect at this level."
In response to Reply #2

A level 32 berserker rager is more likely to survive a sleep if slept. With truesight costing 10 mana to cure blind, their usual proximity to the cabal (which was true in this situation). Also, they are better equipped to not even get slept then anyone else in the game, seeing that the necromancer has to fight through not only the spellbane save v spell check, but also the save v spell to see if they sleep or not. Seeing that spellbane does give them an easy 15 save v spell, plus healer bless.

But if you want to make a competitive game at all levels (i.e. allow the game to be enjoyed and played at all levels, and not promote power ranking to "sweet" levels), you need to balance these kind of things. I believe it was you who was arguing that people power rank to hero for this very reason. And I agree.

The only protection I was missing was stone skin and barrier. And judging by the damage done there, even with those, I would have still died in the round after the free spellbane round.

Solution now? Never fight them ever. I am sure going to recall away from him at all times until I can gank him. And I'm strangely comfortable with that. And I'm sure he will complain on his goodbye post about me ganging him. And you know what? That sucks for him.

DwoggurdThu 20-Apr-06 06:06 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
#47603, "I'm not sure what exactly you wish to balance."
In response to Reply #3

Two deathblows in a spellbane round?
That happens once in a year, so what?
He's hundred times more likely is going to be slept and die than you experience a such round again.

nepentheThu 20-Apr-06 06:43 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47604, "RE: Thats incorrect at this level."
In response to Reply #3

>A level 32 berserker rager is more likely to survive a sleep
>if slept.

Honestly, only if he has someone in the cabal to wake him fast, or if you're not very good.

If the argument is that necromancers who aren't very good should run roughshod over Battle, we're done here.

>With truesight costing 10 mana to cure blind, their
>usual proximity to the cabal (which was true in this
>situation).

That's something within your control, on several levels.

>Also, they are better equipped to not even get
>slept then anyone else in the game

That's true. It's because if they're slept, they basically should be dead.

>But if you want to make a competitive game at all levels (i.e.
>allow the game to be enjoyed and played at all levels, and not
>promote power ranking to "sweet" levels), you need to balance
>these kind of things. I believe it was you who was arguing
>that people power rank to hero for this very reason. And I
>agree.
>
>The only protection I was missing was stone skin and barrier.
>And judging by the damage done there, even with those, I would
>have still died in the round after the free spellbane round.
>
>Solution now? Never fight them ever. I am sure going to recall
>away from him at all times until I can gank him. And I'm
>strangely comfortable with that. And I'm sure he will complain
>on his goodbye post about me ganging him. And you know what?
>That sucks for him.

It's a workable solution, but it's one picked in this case by players who aren't very good. Sorry, but there it is.

Necromancer (Guest)Thu 20-Apr-06 08:56 PM

#47610, "Uhm, Okay."
In response to Reply #6

Well its pretty obvious you just picked and chose things within the post without reading the whole thing.

1. Ragers with powers* have a much higher chance of not even being slept.

2. On top of that bonus, they also get a free spellbane round, which is unblockable, and can cause Deathblows.

3. Utilizing most, be it not all, of the protections available to me as a necromancer and mage of 30ish level. I still could not survive a spellbaned sleep, killing me before even a round went by. (I was also reduced to keep from individual bashing me).

4. Saying I suck, for whatever reason other then being a high and mighty prick, doesn't help the discussion.

5. If I happened, to actually get the sleep off on him. Most likely he would be dead, but no more or no less then another individual who uses magic. The only point would be that I would have to go find the corpse of the person I slept who teleported away, instead of finding his corpse more near to me. I would think you would know this being so elite.

6. If he thirsted, he would lose the no movement problem for at least a few ticks. If he was not summoned, he could use his running abilities to walk back to the cabal, which was very close (also utilizing blindness to keep from attacking other things).

I wanted a discussion basically that at least deathblow shouldn't go off on spellbane. And your answer was, "Because I'm not very good." So enlighten all of us ####ty players how you would deal with this besides just avoid them. Because as of right now, your comments are pretty foolish.

*You are right, I could have taken their item to mitigate all of this as an uncaballed necromancer.

DC (Guest)Thu 20-Apr-06 04:39 PM

#47599, "I've always thought deathblow should be (at least) 40+."
In response to Reply #0

Its not like anyone has barrier at 27.

nepentheThu 20-Apr-06 05:44 PM
3430 posts
#47602, "RE: I've always thought deathblow should be (at least) ..."
In response to Reply #1

DB damage scales with level. It's not generally that scary at level 27.

DC (Guest)Thu 20-Apr-06 08:19 PM

#47606, "Did you check out that log?"
In response to Reply #4

Heh, that's not scary to you? I don't even touch rager berserkers until I'm near 40. Especially not as a casting class. Its a suicide fight.

Necromancer (Guest)Thu 20-Apr-06 08:57 PM

#47611, "Level 32 was his level"
In response to Reply #4

which means he has the next multipler for deathblow. That is pretty obvious from the log, seeing I called him a level 32 warrior.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47598 Previous topic | Next topic