Subject: "Well, this has been a long time coming." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47543
Show all folders

Ulzammon (Guest)Tue 18-Apr-06 10:51 PM

#47543, "Well, this has been a long time coming."

This last death and full loot was just the nail in the coffin. I wanted to delete after that bit of cheese in the Refuge, but c'est la vie.

First of all, I deleted this character about ten times. But something told me I was just being a puss, and that I would start having fun. But alas, it never really happened.

Scion was awesome roleplay wise, but I can't help but think I was piss-poor with my roleplay, mostly because I was running for my life most of the time. Sometimes, I'd log on, and want to quit out immediately, but I've never been that type of player. Certain RL issues call for me to log in when I can, and play as long as I can. Perhaps if I rolled a lowbie and played him, I wouldn't have got burnt out, but who knows. On to the Goodbyes.

Eshval - You were awesome. Kept me going at times. I am sorry that was the worst interview of your life I kept wondering when you were going to eat my heart. I have many OOC friends that were offering to help me with the interview, but #### like that always leaves a sour taste in my mouth, so I told them I could do it on my own. Thanks for taking the time to make a newbie's day.

Muuloc - I'm rolling up a follower. I promise. You rock.

Ysaloerye - Heh. We had some good fights. That time on Eastern with the Outlanders was crazy. We all were fighting each other, I had no idea what was going on. You were classy, and always straight-up. Sorry Yetesip looted your hammer that one time

SCIONS

Yetesip - You have to go first. I hate you for deleting. I hate you for getting me interested in Scions. I hate you Now roll something up, and let's get down again.

Greddarh - I know right now you want to reach through your computer and strangle me. You are BEAST #1, good luck with the questy stuff.

Cabdru - Wow. You are the BEAST. With all respect to Gredd, you are the scariest character I have ever seen. We had some good times. Sorry I left you, and you won't have an armadillo to take all the Maran after you. About the note, nah, the dream I had was pretty unspecific. Good luck, man.

Redegis, Arkaon, Krolthan, Iander - You all seemed cool.

I honestly expected to be uninducted at least several times. I think my PK record as a Scion was 2-20, but I'm not sure. I believe I was like 4-3 before that

RAGERS

Lerimos - Sorry to not tussle with you tonight, but I had to try and retrieve. It just wasn't in the cards. You're a hell of an opponent, and keep trucking.

Guamel - I hated you. Well played.

Friarr - Don't know if you got booted or not. You were my bane. Good fights.

I dug most of the villagers I fought. Getting entwined at the Giant sucks.

FORTRESS

Saroiya - You are a different kind of beast. I wish I meant my last words to you, but it really wasn't. God do I hate track the wicked. I had the worst f-in luck, teleporting right near you that one time in Dagdan. Keep trucking, maybe you can get Cabdru if you really try.

Bruhol - Said it already. You just owned me.

Adhelard - I had some great fights with you. Actually, the fights with you kept me from deleting many a time. Keep trucking.

Daiden - Well, you royally f###ed me with your songs a lot. Good job. That time I killed you in the Chasm, I was so pissed Adhelard entwined me, as I was pretty much naked.

Fort shifters - Jeez. I would look at your forms, and just want to cry. Shame I never got any real one on one's with any of you. Thakhad, I swear, you got both the defense forms I wanted. I wanted you dead just for that.

Anordes - Thanks for the kind words, but still, trying to retrieve against five fortress and getting full-looted leaves a sour taste in my mouth, especially when I had #### gear.

Lemli - I really, really wanted to be a prick and full loot your ass that time when we took the orb. But something in the back of my head kept telling me not to be an asshole. Hope you got your #### back.

Honestly, I hated the numbers you guys always had. If you didn't have actual numbers, you had lackeys saving your ass (Gibbly, I'm looking at you...you can't understand the stuff that was said about you when the Scions would get together...ugh). I tried not to be that #### Scion, and retrieve/defend whenever I could. I think that lead to a lot of painful deaths. The worst was when I killed Daiden, and got Adhelard to convulsing. So I go to retrieve, and Anordes and Hyzin just logged on. Dispelling my fly into quicksand on the first was just...wrong. Almost deleted there. Ah well.

OUTLANDERS

Aeria - Well, I want to say you were a good character, but that last bit of crap really, really rubbed me the wrong way.

Morasfenmire - I was shocked you didn't full-loot any of the times you caught me AFK unshifted in my guild. You were a lot more classy than most of the playerbase gave you credit for. Good luck on your next.

Wakazula - Sorry I took all your weapons when Yetesip fought you that one time

Keirnomoltix (sp) - Really left a sour taste in my mouth when I tried to retrieve from the Village with three villagers to defend. I end up dying in the Weald. I run back to my corpse after checking a few wand locations, and there you are full looting my corpse. Other than that, well played ( I never saw you ).

I hate this cabal. It just makes no sense. Fully entering the 'Never play under any circumstance' along with Tribunal.

TRIBUNAL

Said what I wished to Artisle. Thmauddhot, wow, if we had raided when you wanted to, I wonder if the same thing would have happened. Call me a pessimist, but I think it would have. Shame I didn't get to travel with you more often.

I hate this cabal too. Always have. Not a fault of the players or IMMs, it's just my preference.

EMPIRE

Who? After your perma got busted, I never say any Imperials. And when I did, you guys would log out when the odds were bad. A shame, I could have used another target to keep the heat off my ass.

UNCABALLED

Gibbly - Wow. From travelling with me when we were trying to rank up to completely becoming a Fortress lackey. I hope you enjoyed all the wands the Fortress gave you. Most of them were mine.

Vandrylon - I love you. Seriously. Was cracking up every time we traveled (twice!). Your note to Scion was still one of the funniest notes I have ever read, on any MUD. Good luck, you have a great thing going. Ranking was never as easy as it was with you and the Big Preacher.

Farigno - Classy. Still, I wished I never saw you. I'm sure you know why. Good luck.

Adalanthal - You were a beast. Not sure if you were in the Fortress or not, but man, we had some good fights. That time at the Chasm et al, when we fought for like 30 minutes, was great.

Erivoran - Same as Adalanthal. Sorry I never stayed around to fight, but I had enough people looking for me.

All in all, one of the most frustrating experiences in my MUDing career.

About shifters. Boring as hell, but you can be right in the game with a crappy regear set and some wands. Speaking of. I found five aura locations, three shield, and two barrier. Sadly, aura was the only one that was constantly in. When I did have ABS, I usually died in horrendously crappy ways (re: Refuge) and the wands were *poof* gone.

About my forms. I loved Hyena. I can't stress that enough. Loved it. Spider Monkey was teh pimp too. I was going to steal a crap load of wands from the Scions with it, but Cabdru, you kept giving me them, so no need. Heh. Unfortunately, I hated my defense forms. Hated them with a passion. Hare was utterly useless. Hyena did everything it did, and better. Armadillo was the only form I didn't want. And it was the one I got. It was awesome when I had allies, but that was next to never. Though it did save my ass when Nysveld slept and spelled me up. Honestly, I would have rather had Anaconda.

In final. IMMs, you guys do a wonderful job. This game is horribly addicting, and thanks for letting me play.

PS Valg, thanks again for being very professional about what happened to my computer. As I said, it was appreciated.

Former characters : Kruuank, Uurakhi.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Take it easy man, Anordes (Guest), 19-Apr-06 08:30 PM, #13
Reply Heh. Yeah, that time in Dagdan. Ugh., Ulzammon (Guest), 19-Apr-06 10:56 PM, #14
Reply RE: Well, this has been a long time coming., Cabdru (Guest), 19-Apr-06 12:41 PM, #11
Reply I wasn't there, but this is a very funny line, Farignoguest (Guest), 19-Apr-06 05:44 PM, #12
Reply GLWYN, Adhelard. (Guest), 19-Apr-06 12:15 PM, #10
Reply RE: Well, this has been a long time coming., Adalanthal (Guest), 19-Apr-06 11:24 AM, #9
Reply 4 hp. Got away from Saroiya et al once with 2 hp. I l..., Ulzammon (Guest), 21-Apr-06 12:07 AM, #17
Reply Hehe, Friarr (Guest), 19-Apr-06 07:17 AM, #8
Reply RE: Well, this has been a long time coming., Eshval, 19-Apr-06 03:40 AM, #7
Reply RE: Well, this has been a long time coming., Farignoguest (Guest), 19-Apr-06 02:30 AM, #6
Reply Definitely because of Odds. You were classy. Thanks. ..., Ulzammon (Guest), 21-Apr-06 12:07 AM, #16
Reply This is just wrong, Arkaon (Guest), 19-Apr-06 02:15 AM, #5
Reply RE: Well, this has been a long time coming., Saroiya (Guest), 19-Apr-06 01:57 AM, #4
Reply Bah, I get no mention?, Dolza (Guest), 19-Apr-06 12:31 AM, #3
Reply Yeah, I forgot another too., Ulzammon (Guest), 19-Apr-06 10:59 PM, #15
Reply Good opponent, Lerimos (Guest), 18-Apr-06 11:00 PM, #1
     Reply If he hasn't auto'd..., Ulzammon (Guest), 19-Apr-06 08:40 AM, #2

Anordes (Guest)Wed 19-Apr-06 08:30 PM

#47583, "Take it easy man"
In response to Reply #0

I wasn't sure you knew about track the wicked, as you'd sit near the teleport spot for awhile, and wait for Saroiya and I to show up. I thought about trying to tell you about it IC, but I guess you figured it out anyway.

You were definitely brave though, in coming up against impossible odds and trying to get stuff done anyway. I would never do anything like running up to 3 people who are chatting at the tarabal, and biting one of them. That took guts, or a lot of mind altering drugs .

Anyway, better luck on the next. I doubt either side is having a lot of fun right now with the numbers so skewed after the imperial purge.

Ulzammon (Guest)Wed 19-Apr-06 10:56 PM

#47586, "Heh. Yeah, that time in Dagdan. Ugh."
In response to Reply #13

I teleported first to Dranettie, but seeing as I did not know the area well, didn't realize it. I then teleported to Lord Tabershaw's Keep, then to the Weald, then to Dagdan. I figured three teleports was enough, but I didn't even realize track the wicked was a skill all paladins got. I know, total newb mistake.

I have only been playing 7 months.

And that time at the Tara'bal with Hyzin. I didn't even know you had logged on, and I had just killed Daiden and gotten Adhelard to flee at writhing. I was fully wanded and had prot. vs. good and frenzy. But when you dispeled, you got me good. Dropped my stone skin and protection and fly, I believe. I would have had a very good chance with just one more person to take you out quickly.

Ah well, onto the next.

Cabdru (Guest)Wed 19-Apr-06 12:41 PM

#47567, "RE: Well, this has been a long time coming."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for the kind words. I take my beatings too, but so far never when my allies are there to see them.

I liked Ulzammon. I could tell that you were close to giving up many times and always tried to reassure you. Thanks for the ranking help before you finally gave up.

That Fortress raid with Gibbly was crazy. I thought you were drunk for five minutes before I realized there were two armadillos there.

Come back to Scion with your next. We could still use you. Either way good luck.

Farignoguest (Guest)Wed 19-Apr-06 05:44 PM

#47575, "I wasn't there, but this is a very funny line"
In response to Reply #11

That Fortress raid with Gibbly was crazy. I thought you were drunk for five minutes before I realized there were two armadillos there.

It made me laugh out loud. Thank you for the laugh, you may go back to kicking my ass in the game.

Adhelard. (Guest)Wed 19-Apr-06 12:15 PM

#47564, "GLWYN"
In response to Reply #0

Yeah like you with your forms, I'm not too happy with three of my spec/legacy choices (pretty blah picks on my part), but then again, I got to choose them

I liked your character, too. I remember falling to you and Greddarh in the imperial lands, which was annoying. Here I am, trying to kill Greddarh, who's writhing, entwined and spamming iceball, and this stupid armadillo keeps getting in the way despite the entwining, and my beautiful wife is yelling at me to get offline. Yes, that was quite frustrating. She was so happy to find out my character had died.. imagine the disappointment when I explained that it wasn't permanent. Haha. I think my "tactic" with you was to hold off and suck up punishment until I had a chance of finishing you with a flurry. Otherwise it was too easy to revert;recall. This "tactic" meant a lot of close fights.

Well, good luck with your next.

Adalanthal (Guest)Wed 19-Apr-06 11:24 AM

#47560, "RE: Well, this has been a long time coming."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for the kind words. I thought you did great too, and if you keep on playing like this, you'll be an excellent player in no time at all. By excellent I mean nice to other players, good at pking, good at rp and generally being a nice guy (but keeping everything classy and IC of course). Yeah, players like you are most welcome.

Although I still remember the time I so very very nearly got you on the arkham continent when you were porting and I was tracking.

And Adalanthal's not in Fortress. See you soon in your next incarnation, and try a goodie sometime.

Ulzammon (Guest)Fri 21-Apr-06 12:07 AM

#47618, "4 hp. Got away from Saroiya et al once with 2 hp. I l..."
In response to Reply #9

NT

Friarr (Guest)Wed 19-Apr-06 07:17 AM

#47555, "Hehe"
In response to Reply #0

Got back in
Nah no way I was your bane we fought like...a couple times, long time ago. Hah, and I somehow managed to catch you reverting a few times, I think you should flee instead of revert in combat .

Hey great character, and good luck with your next

Fuzzy

EshvalWed 19-Apr-06 03:40 AM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47553, "RE: Well, this has been a long time coming."
In response to Reply #0

You had a Knack for leaving corpses all over the place, and at time you made me grown and hold my head...it was painful sometimes. Then, I remembered why I watch you and others like you...you had moment of brilliance (intended or not) that made you shine. You are getting a good handle on what is required and I expect your next character to be that much better than this one. Luck.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

Farignoguest (Guest)Wed 19-Apr-06 02:30 AM

#47552, "RE: Well, this has been a long time coming."
In response to Reply #0

All I can say is that I was very impressed with your ability to keep trucking against long odds. I try my best to give Scions a little one on one when I can, but sometimes, a big group is going to raid and they ask for your help, and you can't really turn them down, so I take off by myself and try to get at least a few hours of solo. I'm not exactly sure why you'd rather have never seen me unless it has something to do with the odds? There were like 19 Imperial heroes when I rolled, so this character turned out about 100% different than I thought it was going to, but anyway, nothing but respect for you.

Ulzammon (Guest)Fri 21-Apr-06 12:07 AM

#47617, "Definitely because of Odds. You were classy. Thanks. ..."
In response to Reply #6

NT

Arkaon (Guest)Wed 19-Apr-06 02:15 AM

#47551, "This is just wrong"
In response to Reply #0

Bah that death sucked I know. I was lagging there and it wasnt until I returned later that I realised you fell too. I was planning to get you some corpses the next time we got together.
Roll another scion.

Saroiya (Guest)Wed 19-Apr-06 01:57 AM

#47550, "RE: Well, this has been a long time coming."
In response to Reply #0

The fact that you stuck around as long really showed a lot of heart. I really felt bad for the long odds you were continually facing and with such lame defense forms and no wands. I can't begin to recount the vast # of times you would raid the fort against brutal odds in attempts to get back the Scepter. Regardless of what I may have said IC, it was no fun seeing your corpses all over the place. If team evil would just rank up I think you'd have a more viable range. I hope to see you in the fields again soon, & stay evil eh?

You'll certainly be missed.

Dolza (Guest)Wed 19-Apr-06 12:31 AM

#47549, "Bah, I get no mention?"
In response to Reply #0

I liked Ulzammon. Now that I think about it, I can see the similarities between Kruuank and him. You were always up for a fight with Ulz, while with Kruuank, you shied away from Dolza a lot more. I liked both chars but liked fighting Ulz a lot more. Now get your next character up there so I we can butt heads again before I die of old age!

Ulzammon (Guest)Wed 19-Apr-06 10:59 PM

#47587, "Yeah, I forgot another too."
In response to Reply #3

Dolza - Like I said, I have hated you with characters, but merely characters. I the player think that you play your combo extremely well, regardless of the haters. A pleasure to fight with you, though I think I actually did worse with this one.

Hrawl - You mo'fugga. I can't believe I forgot you. You were my favorite enemy ever, and we only knew each other for 4 or 5 days. Those conversations we had cracked me up, as did the constant struggle between my bloodlust and your chargeset. I missed you, and probably would have kept going with you. Good luck.

Lerimos (Guest)Tue 18-Apr-06 11:00 PM

#47545, "Good opponent"
In response to Reply #0

Man what can I say, I respected you alot for your basic balls to the walls raiding when Dolza and I were about that was sticks out in my mind. Also that time with Cadbru at the Pit, 90% of people would have been out and you stuck around and well turned the tide. Good luck with the next this one was really impressive. Make one for the Village it seems to suit your style of play.

Ulzammon (Guest)Wed 19-Apr-06 12:02 AM

#47548, "If he hasn't auto'd..."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Wed 19-Apr-06 08:40 AM

Moderator snip: Don't discuss your other (active) characters.

Thanks for the kind words. So you know, I had 45hp when you died that time.

And that was the timeliest login ever by Cabdru. Three of you versus me, you guys are pimping me, he logs in and you scatter.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47543 Previous topic | Next topic