Subject: "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Raen the Legend of the Battlefie..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47508
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 17-Apr-06 09:12 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17178 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47508, "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Raen the Legend of the Battlefield"

Mon Apr 17 09:10:25 2006

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Raen perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:207

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Maxx (Guest)Thu 20-Apr-06 09:23 AM

#47594, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Straight to the goodbyes:

Mortals:

Felthuzaad/Palan:
The initial idea before this char (Raen of course, not Felthuzaad *wink*) was rolled was to go evil outlander. So, if I recall correctly, I avoided grouping with aps and necros. Yet I've completely broken role/rp after I met you in mid 20s - you rocked so much Mud I used to play for 8+ years is group-oriented zoning/explore mud, where if your 10men group aint working like a swiss watch, you'll get beaten into oblivion the next combat round. So I always had two thoughts buzzing in my head while playing my first char back in Jan 05: "God, how much they suck at zoning!" and "God, how much I suck at pk!". You were the one to prove the 'suck at zoning' thingy wrong. Our times did mesh pretty well, so the next 15 ranks were quick and fun. In the 'cabal(outlanders) vs felthuzaad' choice you alone outweighed the whole cabal. And that's considering I didnt have a caballed char before, thus was all agitated about cabal stuff. You always had your range cringe in terror. Pity all that forum flaming made this char unfun to play for you and you didnt acomplish that 'dark reign' stuff you had going...
Stand-out player.

OUTLANDERS
Nreisshe:
Thanks for induction. Liked your rp alot, because you acted truly as an outlander, as a savage and wild (yet rational) creature. While all others seemed to be just humans in various races' suits, not really different from civilized men. These two words had always came to my mind, when I saw you - 'different rp'.

Ilimya:
We didnt interact much but thanks for the pre-induction talk at the tree with you teaching Raen the basics of history, motives and goals of Outlanders.

Laenelis:
Tough druid, you'd always go and fight solo, no matter the odds. Liked your speech as well. Would always smile irl when you dropped those various 'This one is child of Angry Father'.

Aeria:
Competent player behind char. We hardly ever talked or participated in raiding/retrieving together.

Kcia:
Always had elite (at least for me) sets. Sorry about that death and full loot in Galadon, after which you took a few weeks off. It was partly my fault. Havent seen you since then.

Erisen:
You’ve done some buttkicking and I never saw you die. Keep trucking.

Morasfenmire:
See Nreisshe (concerning rp).

That mute felar ranger/warrior, cannot remember the name
Seemed like some vet playing the char. Nice usage of ‘emote’.

Actually some more outlanders to name, yet I only interacted with few of my cabalmates, and it always was raid/retrieve planning *shrug*
Kipli, Mhardat, Fiel, Thrugald, Soega, Wakazula

EMPIRE
Grunlath:
I remember one day I died 6 or 9 times to you. Though only about 2 times of those were in close combat, the rest is rotting my ass off All in all you took about 4 con from this char. I think I never got you in direct fighting. Yet I was glad I could go toe-to-toe with a vet player like you (sometimes), i.e. you recalling at very low convulsing and with all the possible dagger spec bleeding and my fingers crossed you’d die, but you never did =)) Good times.
You didn’t loot as much as the rest of the empire, that’s a good thing too.

Zliffen:
Felt really bad after I full looted you at the tree. The only reason to do so was logs that appeared like every day containing ~7men imperial gang looting the hell out of outlanders... *sigh* Consequences of being in cabal...

Gharahka:
Had a few clashes where you’d run and quaff out on writhing or convulsing, and I think you were already a warmaster. But latter in life you always kicked the crap out of me. Uncertain about the reasons of such a dramatic change (*mental note: cease wearing sets for 30s ranks and wielding weapons with average below 25 on hero – might help*).

Oh and the new generation, Tyrelyn and Merten.
Tyrelyn: 100% vet. Dwoggurd-style concerning preps. Keep trucking.
Merten: skilled player as well. Always looking for a fight. Though that time you had sanc from Thmaudhot and still fled on convulsing was weird. Cannot remember whether I had stoneskin up or not.

TRIBS
Caroolth:
Reduce > Caroolth, succesful revert > Caroolth )
Never got you dead. Died quite a few times to you. Hated how you’d always wait for some lowbie tribs to manacle me first and even then rarely stepped out of town to fight me. Changed after some time (perhaps you understood you’re dealing with a n00b? hehe). Respect for sticking it out through the harsh times for spire. Thanks for returning my weapons and sorry about whining when you didn’t (goes to Arstile as well).

Arstisle:
Said most in your death-thread. One thing to add – loved how you’d try to raid (or at least call outlanders for a fight in such fashion) solo, while some other hero tribs were on. Respect.

Zerael:
Tesseract is overpowered ))

Furoll:
We had like 4-9 clashes per day for a week or two. Fight. Heal. Fight. Heal. On and on. You could never defeat me if my health was above 80%, yet caught me a few times while I was hurt and with no teleport pots on me… You fled-> osprey flies in-> pecking mutilates you-> <snip copy/paste> -> you have been killed. *shrug*
REALLY hated when you kept fighting me after I had told you I need to leave. There hardly could be any misunderstanding on your side. I just don’t play 24/7 *shrug* You’d never go balls to the wall when I was ready to fight, but never retreated when I told you I must leave and I just kept fleeing, trying to get somewhere where I could quit. Imho, sucks… And if my memory doesn’t fail me, you were the one who was mouthy while out of range. The other one was Kagliostrum.

Kagliostrum
You seemed very new to the game. After taking you out like three times, I avoided fighting you. Didn’t see you much as of late, yet according to Caroolth you do learn well. We’re in the same boat *wink*

Ferrsaan:
Beastly svirf. That time you entwined me at the tree with healer backing you up (‘scan u’ could save me a life that time. Live and learn) – I knew I was ####ed up, but when the next round (or two rounds after this, since you had to rewield prim) I received 2x DEVA + 2x DEMO, that was scary. Next round was just the same No match for ya. Well done.

Kiamae:
Playing 24/7 eh? ) I’d log in – you’re already here, when it’s time for me to quit – you’re still here. When you’d hit gushing/writhing you’d just flee and heal a few times, while I still would remain hurt. Probably just a bad tactics on my side. You dropped some nifty lines about relaxation, Innis etc, liked that

Had about 40 pk wins and way many losses. However this is a good sign, shows that I am moving from ‘staying alive’ towards ‘pking ppl’ (with previous chars aren’t exceeding 10 wins). And what I am especially proud of is that 95% of those wins are 1 on 1 battles with foes being ready to fight/not linkdead/not naked/not maledicted from previous fights etc.
As I said, I am new to this rp game, and after hearing and sending for 8+ years tells like “Renting? C u 2morrow than Btw, tell <Wife’sName> that we didn’t mean to keep you mudding THAT long :-P’ it is quite hard for me not to mix OOC and IC. Thus that’s where all this honour stuff comes from. That’s where all this ‘non-evilness’ comes from. Raen was chaotic evil, which doesn’t mean he should have been a sadistic psychopath, yet still if you are a chaotic evil – act like one, right? But I never could backstab my groupie who was in dire straits or do stuff like that. That goes to Minyar saying he couldn’t ever gauge my alignment. Perhaps because I didn’t really rp anything, besides myself in frames of cf. And sometimes I am angelic good, sometimes – mean, yet sometimes – just indifferent.

In general, it’s been a fun ride.

Max,
From Russia with love (at least for some of you :-P)

Zerael (Guest)Thu 20-Apr-06 11:47 AM

#47596, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

I liked Raen, mostly beccause he had the brush-off-dust and get up again attitude after he had fallen. You played gutsy and I wish you the best of luck with your next character.

Tesseract isn't all that cool as you think it is, I can tell you that :) got me killed twice when I was too low on mana for instance.

Bit of a bummer you leaving, there aren't that many outlanders nowdays.

Another day.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47508 Previous topic | Next topic