Subject: "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Morasfenmire the Beast of the Da..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47300
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 11-Apr-06 07:02 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47300, "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Morasfenmire the Beast of the Darkening Woods, Charnel Creature"

Sat Apr 8 03:40:12 2006

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Morasfenmire perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:330

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply My original post wasn't meant to be inflamatory., Thestune (Guest), 11-Apr-06 08:49 AM, #37
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Morasfenmire the Beast of th..., Bruhol (Guest), 09-Apr-06 06:26 PM, #29
Reply Morass Fen Quagmire is gone., Jin roh (Guest), 08-Apr-06 02:35 PM, #3
Reply RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone., Innis, 08-Apr-06 03:35 PM, #5
Reply Was jesting about your relgion, but I have a question:, Jin roh (Guest), 08-Apr-06 04:14 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Was jesting about your relgion, but I have a questi..., Innis, 08-Apr-06 05:08 PM, #23
          Reply I'm curious, Graatchman (Guest), 08-Apr-06 11:51 PM, #20
               Reply RE: I'm curious, Innis, 09-Apr-06 12:24 PM, #27
                    Reply Why not kill a goodie conjurer then... n/t, N b M (Guest), 11-Apr-06 02:51 AM, #35
                         Reply Compared to paladins they're sorta rare. n/t, Eskelian, 11-Apr-06 08:10 AM, #36
Reply You were always a tough fight, Saroiya (Guest), 08-Apr-06 03:48 PM, #6
Reply RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone., Nreisshe (Guest), 08-Apr-06 04:33 PM, #8
Reply RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone., Muuloc, 08-Apr-06 04:58 PM, #9
Reply Yeah fun tattoo!, Jin roh (Guest), 08-Apr-06 05:18 PM, #11
Reply RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone., nepenthe, 08-Apr-06 05:00 PM, #10
Reply Hmm.. guess won't try that again., Jin roh (Guest), 08-Apr-06 05:21 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Hmm.. guess won't try that again., nepenthe, 08-Apr-06 05:30 PM, #13
          Reply Well, I guess Nepenthe's not going to have much love fo..., Straklaw, 08-Apr-06 11:25 PM, #19
Reply RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone., Furoll (Guest), 08-Apr-06 06:24 PM, #14
Reply Believe it or not, Farigno (Guest), 08-Apr-06 06:43 PM, #15
Reply RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone., Daszun (Guest), 08-Apr-06 08:20 PM, #16
Reply Loved this character!, Fielstithian (Guest), 08-Apr-06 10:53 PM, #17
Reply Bah..., Silvellien (Guest), 08-Apr-06 11:17 PM, #18
Reply RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone., Mhardat (Guest), 09-Apr-06 12:58 AM, #21
Reply RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone., Lyristeon, 09-Apr-06 05:52 AM, #22
Reply Morasfenmire, Raen (Guest), 09-Apr-06 09:25 AM, #24
Reply Dang..., Nixhar (Guest), 09-Apr-06 11:38 AM, #25
Reply Help me out..., Lightmaged (Guest), 09-Apr-06 12:15 PM, #26
Reply Awesome char. Great job, Jin Roh., Drokk1 (Guest), 09-Apr-06 02:46 PM, #28
Reply The Taunter in the Mud, Ysaloerye, 09-Apr-06 09:43 PM, #30
Reply Shark bait, Lerimos (Guest), 10-Apr-06 01:25 AM, #31
Reply Sad to see this, but it helped me make my decision., Artisle (Guest), 10-Apr-06 07:40 AM, #32
Reply RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone., Caroolth (Guest), 10-Apr-06 08:24 AM, #33
Reply In all seriousness, you were classy., Ulzammon (Guest), 10-Apr-06 09:05 PM, #34
Reply Interesting char..., Thmauddhot (Guest), 08-Apr-06 02:15 PM, #2
Reply Nice imagery of playing the swamp thing, Limerickist (Guest), 08-Apr-06 11:01 AM, #1
     Reply nothing about battle huh ??, Kragathian (Guest), 08-Apr-06 02:56 PM, #4

Thestune (Guest)Tue 11-Apr-06 08:49 AM

#47372, "My original post wasn't meant to be inflamatory."
In response to Reply #0

It was my honest assessment. I wasn't being a smartass when I said I apparently missed out on something, as often happens when you are on the enemy side of a character. Yes, I originally thought the character was a pure griefer, but like I posted before, I admit, I was obviously wrong.

Why exactly was my first post deleted?

Bruhol (Guest)Sun 09-Apr-06 06:26 PM

#47346, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Morasfenmire the Beast of th..."
In response to Reply #0

Good fights! I was impressed at how well I'm doing against ram and shark forms. And I liked your wicked roleplay.

See you in the fields

Jin roh (Guest)Sat 08-Apr-06 02:35 PM

#47310, "Morass Fen Quagmire is gone."
In response to Reply #0

I wanted to stay around longer, but when the Venom of the Ancients/Innis said we had to kill two paladins before we logged out or be uninducted, I lost the heart to continue on. All because I was helping another evil outlander rank and it turned out that one we were with was a Scion, despite neither of us having any idea, and so we were punished for it. So if you killed Morasfenmire yesterday, I was pretty much fighting as dumb as possible to get it over with. Trying over and over again to kill this paladin Innis wanted. It was either log off and get uninducted, or just finish up the con and leave that way. So I stayed logged on despite wanting to leave and just finished up the con, since the last thing I wanted was to be uninducted. I feel really bad for the other Outlander who got the short end of the stick.

Immortals:
Muuloc: Thanks for your time. I had no idea if I was doing the religion right or wrong or whatever. I felt I really grasped one side of it, but definately not the other sides, so the title of Charnel Creature fit damn well. I wasn't a preacher, I wasn't a talker, I was just a doer and a killer, and so it worked out. When you said you had plans for me, it help revitalize the character, and thanks for that little quest. I had though it was for something different then what it was for. And it was by far the hardest quest I have done on this mud. (this includes lich quests). Sorry I could not be around longer and help with any "plans" you had. I also hope I kept you entertained with all the corpses I sent your way.

Innis: I'm going to have to mirror what Thrugald said. Your religion is just spreading like the plague. Sun this, light this, warmth this. Ugh, please kill me! Dwarf paladins, storm giant shamans, elf bards, they are everywhere! This is all in jest, but damn sister!

Lyristeon: I am so very glad you are back and playing. Evil outlanders certainly need the evil view watching over them. Thanks for taking a short amount of time to give me an even better perspective on the evil outlander point of view. Within 2 minutes of talking with you, I learned a very important and crucial aspect of the darker side of Outlanders. Thanks.

Imms in General: Thanks again.

Mortals:
Outlanders:
Aeria: A solid druid and a solid leader. I always tried to hunt alone no matter what, even if outnumbered, but you were always a welcome addition when the numbers were out of control. Thanks for healing me without question despite you as an Amaranthe follower of Death, and I a Muuloc follower of Death, two very counter point of views.

Nreisshe: I understand how rangers work, but man, you are taking it to the extreme. You never left the woods, you never raided to get the Tribunal item, even if we had no opposition, I don't think I ever saw you retrieve either. I guess if you want a truly successful ranger, this is what you have to do. But take some chances buddy. Your equipment is rediculously awesome, get in there and mix it up a little!

Thrugald: Yeah I think we understood each other. And I did see you shifting toward neutrality. And I enjoyed having you around, and despit what you thought, I thought your warrior was pretty damn effective. Good luck with your next.

Bolen: Thanks for the resists. You were well within your right to refuse them, but then you get on the "swampy" bad side. Have fun.

Kcia: The dynamics of Outlanders is a lot of fun. You kept grouping with people who were herald and such, and I just couldn't let it slide. First couple times I held my hand when I was trying to kill your groupmate, but then after, it was game on . Great fights and hope you had fun!

Keir: I love intercabal politics, but I think I hit a cord with you. There is always a time for kicking the crap out of each other but man, attacking me while I'm fighting the Provost and his guards? You sure had balls I'll tell you that. Good stuff sticking to your convictions. Sorry it ended that way.

Fiel: My elf buddy. Despite my evil tendencies, loading you up with goodie only awesome equipment was my weakness. Between the hummingbird pendants and helms of brillances, and the innumerable heartseeker daggers, or what I loaded into the pit in Outlanders, you sure made out like a bandit . I'm glad I could help you out of the maze you were in. You are a monster with your eq now. Have fun!

Raen: Didn't really interact with you much. In fact I really even could not gauge your alignment. Thats my fault, I was usually too wrapped up in pking.

That Mrrring felar: Welcome to the hero ranks, we didn't interact at all other then me putting felar gear in the pit for you. Enjoy outlanders, its fun with warriors.

Alyensi: "The Sun warm love touchy hug grow!" ugh. Leave it up to some lightwalker to give me a nickname. Good luck with immortalship.

Isfendat: I hope you took down a paladin with your cat form. I couldn't do it with the ram. I hope you didn't get uninducted. Always wanted to do the doubling up of water forms on people, but alias, it was not meant to be.

Tribunal:
Caroolth: Warrior, dragging two U-hauls that hit harder then you. Nothing much I could do.

Artisle: Despite what people think, Vindicator is probably the most difficult role in Tribunal, and I respect you for going that route. Especially when you lose the scales and no other magistrates are around to want people attacking you in town and you are trying to figure out if you can attack first in town or not . I have been there.

Faroll: Always keeping me on my toes. Flying to me as the bat is a brave thing. Flying to me as the osprey and then reverting to your normal form, well, that was just not a smart thing to do. Have fun picking on other outlanders.

Kiamae: More offense, less fear. So many times you could have easily slaughtered me in Voralian City, but you were too afraid of dying, which made you prone to mistakes. You kind of got the idea at the end there. Damn elf paladins!

Others cannot remember now, post and I'll respond.

Empire:
Grunlath: Its unfortunate that your whole reign was tainted by the permagroup thing. Its too bad Merlah released the ROTD thing to everyone and their mother. Really tainted what was a pretty kick ass reign.

Dazsun: If it makes you feel any better, I also killed the bard right after you at the Fortress. I was an equal opportunity killer so don't feel singled out. All your stuff was left and you could have gotten back, but then in came the lowbie looters who spammed against my corpse guard until they had pretty much everything. Sorry man.

Scions:
Gredd: Wooohooo. Me scared little momma. I fought you, but it was an uphill battle. When you got me slept, I knew I had guards tracking me and would wake me up, which was a godsend. I do wonder how many charges I was worth, Nepenthe can you hook me up with a count? Maybe put that as one of the aspects of the PBF. Highest number of charges character was worth at the end of their life.

Ilthuria: Caught you once, but you were one tough guy to actually kill. I'm also a firm believer in the dark elf asassin .

Vorlan: Beating down the porcupine after you get screwed with an insect swarm. That sucked for you sorry there.

Fortress:
Paladins: I just hate the class in general. So that just taints my view. Add Defiance in, which was the cause of most of my deaths to you, besides big gangs, and well. Yeah. Wait for the guilty swoon which lags me 4-5 rounds and wrath me to death through barrier and aura. I'm sure you guys are all awesome players but the class in itself just rubs me the wrong way. So I'll just leave it at that. I'm keeping a promise not to say anything mean in 2006.

Bruhol: I was impressed that you were able to dodge shark attacks before even maladicting. Always good to fight you, and you were willing to rumble on your own. You had pretty much every advantage over me, but I enjoyed the challenge. Side Note: Immortals really need to look into changing how maladicts affect shapeshifters. Sure affect them some, but I would go from hittng 3 to 4 times a round, to not hitting at all because of -6 str/-dex from impale, even with prepping for strength loss in my own ways.

Gnomes! GNOMES!
Sorry gnomes. But I just hate gnomes, just the race in general, as a player, I just despite them. I actually don't know why. Its something I can't even describe, but its this min-max hatred that just burns me to the core. Add in that my character wanted to make any city as scary to go into as the swamps, and thats the reason all of you got punished. Some people got angry that I would catch all of you unprepared, but thats part of why I did it. Make Galadon, Hamsah, everywhere so uncomfortable that you stopped sitting in cities gabbing in the guild.

Anyone else I forgot just post and I'll reply.

Thanks all for another interesting run.

Oh and P.S. I can count on two hands the number of times I entered battle with barrier. Most fights I didn't use anything but stoneskin. Also, I special thank you to the immortals and a certain spell of which I will marry if I had a chance. Thank you my special spell, my little friend

InnisSat 08-Apr-06 03:35 PM
Member since 20th Feb 2005
106 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47312, "RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone."
In response to Reply #3

I watched your character from inception, and was actully thinking of doing a name change, but I saw a spark of magic in your abilities and your RP. Regarding the hunting the paladins, I felt it better to give you a shot rather than uninduct you on the spot. How you approached the task was up to you and the other Outlander that was with you. I also later came on and said that it looked as though you would need some more time. Granted, you might have had no idea you traveled with a Scion, but that wasn't really the issue.

In your past, you actively hunted paladins and other 'socialites' as part of your rp, so tasking you to kill another was in keeping with your normal methodology. Because of your decent rp, I was hoping to grab you a nice, extra form, but for impediments, that didn't pan out.

As far as Glade-ism is concerned, those who follow me are noted with a title. I think you might find, several other imms who garner substancially more followers than do I...I just label mine for particular reasons that have to do with the religion itself.

Normally, I wouln't take time to explain why things are the way they are, but I hope the basic explanation is of some help.

Good luck on your next.

innis@carrionfields.com

Jin roh (Guest)Sat 08-Apr-06 04:14 PM

#47314, "Was jesting about your relgion, but I have a question:"
In response to Reply #5

What was the issue if it wasn't knowingly traveling with a Scion? I can see it if we actually knew, and he was running around with nightwalkers and such, but he didn't do anything like the sort. You knew just as Muuloc knew from watching me is that if I knew he was Scion, I would kill him. He never used scion skills around me or the other Outlander, I never found him in the Chasm in my checks, he was actually talking to me from very low level about Muuloc and seemed to be a follower of his. So could you tell me what the issue was?

I mean, evil outlanders have basically the worst grouping chances of anyone. This just makes it worse, that even if you are traveling with someone and have no idea, you get uninducted , that makes baby jesus sad.

InnisSun 09-Apr-06 06:57 AM
106 posts
#47318, "RE: Was jesting about your relgion, but I have a questi..."
In response to Reply #7

You are pretty much correct on your assessment of Outlander difficulties, but not only with the evil ones, the goodies have their own set of problems, especially if they follow me.

I was pretty sure you didn't know you traveled with a Scion, if you did so knowingly (as others have done), you would have been uninducted on the spot. Yes, it is a pain, I mean a real pain that folks don't get the little flags on them that identifies their affiliations, or wear black or white hats.

It is because you didn't know that your were informed and tasked to whack a paladin. It is much in the same manner in which a paladin can inadvertantly perform a questionable act, even though it may be for a greater purpose. In such a case, redemption is pretty easy and quick because crap happens from time-to-time. Your situation would fall under this aspect...you didn't do anything on purpose (my guess), but you still needed to be redeemed back into the path of nature. Since you regularly hunted paladins and similar prey, that seemed the logical method of redemption...killing the Scion was expected, but not any worth for correcting the inadvertant error.

I hope this sheds a bit of light on what happened and the underlying reasons.

innis@carrionfields.com

Graatchman (Guest)Sat 08-Apr-06 11:51 PM

#47330, "I'm curious"
In response to Reply #23

What if anything is the connection between ranking with a scion and killing a paladin? Seems to me if the infraction is traveling with someone you're not supposed to, killing *that person* or someone like them would be the simplest and most direct way to make up for the the error.

How does killing a paladin provide redemption for having traveled with a scion?

I freely admit I am woefully uninformed on Outlander and Innis religious doctrines. Just commenting that from the outside the equation "travel with scion = kill a paladin" seems somewhat out of whack. If you're of a mind, I'd be interested in learning how that works. Thanks.

InnisSun 09-Apr-06 12:24 PM
106 posts
#47339, "RE: I'm curious"
In response to Reply #20

Simple, they were directed what to do by an evil ancient. In this case, it is better to kill goodies than evil. It was a given they would kill the Scion, so it did not need to be addressed.

innis@carrionfields.com

N b M (Guest)Tue 11-Apr-06 02:51 AM

#47368, "Why not kill a goodie conjurer then... n/t"
In response to Reply #27

EskelianTue 11-Apr-06 08:10 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47370, "Compared to paladins they're sorta rare. n/t"
In response to Reply #35

n/t

Saroiya (Guest)Sat 08-Apr-06 03:48 PM

#47313, "You were always a tough fight"
In response to Reply #3

You generally hit harder than me and I think had more hp than me. I always had to be careful not to let myself open to a big round that'd finish me. I don't really see how Paladins in general could have given you all that much trouble. Defiance or striking with a mace were the only means a paladin had to lag you.. and usually it was not enough , especially when they had to spam heal to survive your attack. I used to be a real paladin hater until just recently when I rolled one up, I'm generally a team evil guy and paladins always struck me as pansies. Having played them now I can tell you they require some of the most demanding rp of any class and the road to getting to hero and hoping to get 2 virtues is not for the faint of heart. The class has plenty of weaknesses and plenty of strengths. If you haven't, I'd urge you to play one before you knock them.

Nreisshe (Guest)Sat 08-Apr-06 04:33 PM

#47315, "RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone."
In response to Reply #3

Well, you're quite right about being (possibly too much) cautious, party because of role, and partly because I, as a player, don't really like the whole run-in-with-your-fists-swinging approach. It always made me cringe a little when you'd charge into something like that group of, what, 6 goodies/tribs on the weald the other day? Besides, I've got plenty of patience, and it works well for rangers, so might as well make use of it.

And my gear, not that I'd call it anything beyond "works for me" apart from an item or two, won't help with the way going outside wilderness tones my abilities down, especially since I refuse to go out on my way to pile up preps, so again patience is what I'm gonna go with.

Still, that all aside, Moras was pretty fun with his hate and hostility. Good job, and good luck.

MuulocSat 08-Apr-06 04:58 PM
Member since 02nd Dec 2004
53 posts
#47316, "RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone."
In response to Reply #3

Lets just say I had the description written and me and Lyr worked out a quest for it, but I wasn't going to get anyone to code it if you only had one death left, so the con quest had to come first. It would have been cool.

Ah well.

As far as the religion goes, you're right, you didn't get all of it, but you showed improvement over time. The last half of your life you were pretty solid, and pushed the bar in some of the more difficult aspects.

With the religion so new, I don't expect people to get all of it, and there are plenty of aspects from it, you really couldn't do all of them.

Fun tattoo huh?

Jin roh (Guest)Sat 08-Apr-06 05:18 PM

#47319, "Yeah fun tattoo!"
In response to Reply #9

Your tattoo was fun, interesting, not overtly insane, but also cool in a sly way. Good stuff there Muuloc.

nepentheSat 08-Apr-06 05:00 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47317, "RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone."
In response to Reply #3

>I feel really bad for the other Outlander who got
>the short end of the stick.

There's something I have in mind to say about that, but I'm going to save it while that other character is still active.

That aside . . .

I have to tell you that I hated the name so much. If you had named this character cockmonger it could not have rubbed me more the wrong way.

In spite of how predisposed I was to hate Morasfenmire because of that, the coolness of this character eventually won me over. In the balance, mark me in the swampy fan column.

Jin roh (Guest)Sat 08-Apr-06 05:21 PM

#47320, "Hmm.. guess won't try that again."
In response to Reply #10

I thought the name thing was kind of a neat hook into the character. Swamp thing-ish. Swamp thing wasn't call Billy.

Guess won't try that again, doh. Live and learn. Sometimes good ideas in my head are not good ideas in practice. Thanks for the imput.

nepentheSat 08-Apr-06 05:30 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47321, "RE: Hmm.. guess won't try that again."
In response to Reply #12

Hey, it's my opinion, which wasn't shared by everyone. Take it for what it's worth.

It was a pretty good character, all in all.

StraklawSat 08-Apr-06 11:25 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#47329, "Well, I guess Nepenthe's not going to have much love fo..."
In response to Reply #13

That, or I can't use stab slash cut slice pierce prod poke for my next dagger spec. DAMNIT!

Furoll (Guest)Sat 08-Apr-06 06:24 PM

#47323, "RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone."
In response to Reply #3

I didn't know you had the ram until I tried to flyto faerie fire you
then Bam, im dead. Hard lesson.

The few fights we had, really sharpened my gameplan, and put a
different perspective on how to fight shapeshifters. Thanks for that.
Im also a bit honored, your a great player, and I went toe to toe with you a few times, thanks for that.

Fun fights

Farigno (Guest)Sat 08-Apr-06 06:43 PM

#47324, "Believe it or not"
In response to Reply #3

I had a great respect for your character. I knew you were playing a very tough role, with no allies, but that was pretty much because you made it impossible for anyone to be civil with you. I know you hated me, but after like at least 20 solo fights and being able to do nothing but chase you off consistantly or you run past me and whack my groupmates, a paladin has to come to the conclusion that the best way to see the innocent protected is to put this motha down. Even with how badly we had you outnumbered in the Weald, I still felt like the chances of you killing one of us were only slightly less than our chances of killing you. Anyway, if you wax enough unshifted shifters, sooner or later they are all going to beg to be part of the group to take you down.

No, it wasn't an impressive kill by any means, but it comes to the point when you have to get the job done after just about everyone you know has been waxed by a guy, and about ten times you've gone up to a groupmate and looked at them naked, and they tell you it was Morasfenmire who left them naked. Don't get me wrong though, I had a lot of respect for Morasfenmire and his ability to catch a person and do 600 hp of damage in a round if you weren't paying attention. Ah well, I know your pissed and are unable to see the other side of the coin, but trust me, there is one there.

Farigno

Daszun (Guest)Sat 08-Apr-06 08:20 PM

#47326, "RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone."
In response to Reply #3

Don't even worry about it bro. I was actually being suicidal while I was there, knowing three or four forties would come kill me. Odd that it ended up being you. I was going out with one last bang before I deleted, that's why I never came back

Fielstithian (Guest)Sat 08-Apr-06 10:53 PM

#47327, "Loved this character!"
In response to Reply #3

Thanks again for the eq you gleaned from some of my less fortunate brethren. Even without your dark-rooted charity, I loved your character. Your ability to keep up your swamp-speak for such long periods of time amazed me, and seeing you hunting was like seeing thunderheads roll thought a mountain valley.

Your shark most certainly will not be missed by this character, though. Ouch damn! but I was so much blood left in the water. I enjoyed fighting with (and losing to) Morasfenmire, and good luck on your next.

Silvellien (Guest)Sat 08-Apr-06 11:17 PM

#47328, "Bah..."
In response to Reply #3

I got owned by you. Dagger specs with low hp and no dam redux just can't handle ram. Bah. You have this incredible gift for showing up when one is least prepared for it =P

Good job with the character, decent (though rather one-sided) fights. See ya in the fields.

Mhardat (Guest)Sun 09-Apr-06 12:58 AM

#47332, "RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone."
In response to Reply #3

Very funny char. I realy enjoed your comments on cb. Good luck on your next.

LyristeonSun 09-Apr-06 05:52 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47333, "RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone."
In response to Reply #3

I sat back and just watched things for a couple of weeks before showing myself again and it was obvious how much you had done for the evil outlanders. You were the second person I actually spent some time with since I have been back and it was just to help you get over that little bit of understanding that I think you had earned. I was so impressed with the character's rp that I wanted to help you with your quest just so you could owe me a favor or two for future plans.

I noticed that you didn't use preps and could easily see how if you had, you would have been an unholy terror in your ranks. I also noticed how well you used your third tier forms. Many shifters seem to "forget" they have them. Good job and good luck with your next.

Raen (Guest)Sun 09-Apr-06 09:25 AM

#47334, "Morasfenmire"
In response to Reply #3

You was never scared to fight alone (both words are extremely important - 'fight' AND 'alone'. something many lack out there.), always up and rolling. I'll just second what many have said about your rp - I'd burn out in like 2 days. That swamp speech... priceless.
Actually now when I write about it, I had a reminiscence about the first time I saw you speaking over cb with all those nifty evil 'Grime. Gore. Burn to bones', I thought like 'hmm yeah let's see how long will this one last' but you never ceased. Much respect.
As to my rp (more like next-to-no-rp), I'll post in my death thread. Not that much con left

Kudos for that char. Keep trucking.
Max

Nixhar (Guest)Sun 09-Apr-06 11:38 AM

#47337, "Dang..."
In response to Reply #3

To be honest, I thought this was a pretty cool character. Nevermind that the only interactions I had with him was getting killed either in the Guild or the Inn since that's usually when you caught me off-guard. While talking with another character and so forth. And oh yeah, the two times I was able to send tells to you to ask 'WTF, dude? Me am shifter too!' But it was good since before I got into your PK range I'd never encountered another shifter that would attack other shifters. (This would be due to most of them being gnomes...) It was quite the learning experience for me that just because we're all shifters doesn't mean that we're going to be buddy-buddy. Of course I made attempts on getting you back but forms to forms, you always had the upper-hand. And on the rare occassions that I did catch you out of form with my owl (gotta love that Improved Night Vision, I seeee you Outlanders) it could never hit hard enough to finish the job before you Worded out. Man that ram hits hard. But yeah, you were pretty cool.

Lightmaged (Guest)Sun 09-Apr-06 12:15 PM

#47338, "Help me out..."
In response to Reply #3

Post some logs of your 'swamp-speech' stuff. I never got to interact with you and im curious what all these posts are regarding your cool rp.

Nice one from my side line observations.

Drokk1 (Guest)Sun 09-Apr-06 02:46 PM

#47340, "Awesome char. Great job, Jin Roh."
In response to Reply #3

Well, I said it all in Ilimya's goodbye, but for good measure. I have never seen anything but quality from you.

Jinroh, teaching me basic PK and a lot about ragers. Brumbalin who were just so damn funny. And now this awesome beast.

A fun little memory.

Alenysi has applied to outlanders. There is a zillion notes telling how cute, wise and what not she is and what a great addition she would make to the outlanders. Enter Morasfenmire:

< 27> Tue Feb 21 14:57:41 2006
To : Outlander Alenysi
Subject: Alenysi, Death.

Kill, Death her. No give prayers, kill her, put her in swamps, drown, swallow,
pressure
and murder. Change, press, crush into something new. Yes, remake in swamps,
bring her Death.

Kill and Death, Press and Crush. End Her.

I still chuckle when I think of that.

I hope I run into your next, especially as an enemy. Have fun!

YsaloeryeSun 09-Apr-06 09:43 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#47348, "The Taunter in the Mud"
In response to Reply #3

Very nicely done. Most taunting I was on the receiving end was usually pretty inane, yours on the other hand was dark and ominous, made me want to wade in and pull your teeth.
We had some good fights, I was happy to be able to throw some taunts back at you.

Good luck with your next.

Lerimos (Guest)Mon 10-Apr-06 01:25 AM

#47352, "Shark bait"
In response to Reply #3

Man O man, you had a really nice set of forms to do battle with. But when I fought you as a shark well it was just downright silly, only thing I could hope for was hitting a stun. Good char, didnt really talk much but good luck with the next.

Artisle (Guest)Mon 10-Apr-06 07:40 AM

#47354, "Sad to see this, but it helped me make my decision."
In response to Reply #3

We had some fun fights and I appreciated the eq returns and I tried to do the same for you. That shark was monstrous but I still tried to give you a fight when I could with it. The ram wasn't so bad if I was ready. I wished to see more of you come at me when I was outnumbered, but I understand bloody shackles and guards can be daunting. I especially loved the fight you, aeria, and the paladins and I had outside of galadon. Of course, I liked it because Thmauddhot kept me alive long enough to get two of you killed off, and then watch Aeria fall to paladins.

Anyway, I found tribunal is rather boring and I can see why they don't last. I think another rager is going to have to come down the pipe soon so I can have lots of enemies, then again, Empire probably has the most. Who knows.

Later,
Artisle aka Minyar

PS I've deleted, just waiting for it to show up.

Caroolth (Guest)Mon 10-Apr-06 08:24 AM

#47355, "RE: Morass Fen Quagmire is gone."
In response to Reply #3

Heh...not much that you could do? I do believe you've killed me more than I've killed you, U-Hauls notwithstanding...

Ulzammon (Guest)Mon 10-Apr-06 09:05 PM

#47364, "In all seriousness, you were classy."
In response to Reply #3

But I will always hate you for the two AFK deaths (not link dead, AFK...mutter) and the unshifted death in the Galadon sewers.

For all the talk of not using preps, you sure liked whatever wands I usually had Good foe, shame I missed this due to my computer getting OWNED.

Thmauddhot (Guest)Sat 08-Apr-06 02:15 PM

#47309, "Interesting char..."
In response to Reply #0

I liked it when you were around because I knew there would be a bit of excitement in the sometimes dull patrols.

You played pretty ballsy despite not having forms that were really suited to solo combat. (without wands, which you never seemed to use.) That being said you didnt let deaths bring you down, and you were back on your feet the soon as you unghosted to bring more chaos. You kept all the gomes and svirfs looking over their shoulders with that ram.

Nice job.

Limerickist (Guest)Sat 08-Apr-06 11:01 AM

#47304, "Nice imagery of playing the swamp thing"
In response to Reply #0

Shapeshifters can be hard to do a decent RP job with but I got the distinct impression of a creature from the black lagoon from you, even if it was a snake/ram combo you seemed to use most of the time.

It was always hard though not to just blow you off when you wanted a resisting song because we were on the opposite sides of the woods. Good luck on the next.

Kragathian (Guest)Sat 08-Apr-06 02:56 PM

#47311, "nothing about battle huh ??"
In response to Reply #1

I figured you were at your wits end when you attacked me naked like that well hope you had fun anyway

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47300 Previous topic | Next topic