Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Grinok the Legend of the Battlefield" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47139
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 29-Mar-06 11:04 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47139, "(CON LOSS) [None] Grinok the Legend of the Battlefield"

Wed Mar 29 22:02:32 2006

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Grinok perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:403

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Grinok (Guest)Wed 29-Mar-06 11:32 PM

#47142, "What a ride!"
In response to Reply #0

PS, someone want to get my Graveyard, I'm sure it'll be pretty good.

This character was more diverse than any other I've ever had, in that he started as almost a purely rp character, and turned into an almost purely rp/explore character. Basically, I'd just come off of playing Hipsin, who was purely RP, and needed to get some killing out of my system. Well, I was like 27-1, and it started to get old, so I decided to do something else. I decided to join the village. Well, I went about 50 hours with no magic before I even approached the Imms for permission to become a villager, then, after another 50 hours more of rping the part, it kind of grew old, and I was about to auto. I decided, hell, I might as well turn Grinok into an explorer, because lord knows your going to burn enough con trying the Silent Tower anyway, so I might as well bring my total up to like 100 deaths in there. So, I kind of rp the addiction to magic thing a bit, and go back to using it like a fellow that guy back on the wagon. Explored just about everywhere, saw just about everything, learned so much it was sick, has some GREAT friends along the way.

Imms
Ordasen- Boy did you RP pissed off well, good job, if you remember me.
Kastellyn-Sorry for letting you down, villager Grinok wasn't meant to be.
Eshval-Your mean man, mean, thanks a bunch for the quest.

There were so many people that has positive impacts on Grinok's life that I cannot even begin to name them. Please, please post something and I'll give you a response, I promise.

Heroes (Not in good order)
Gergran Sylvan healer Holtzendorff Tat
Grakurmanu- Zulghinlour shaman
Parcimius-Warlock leader - Savraeth tat
Rustanviel-Almost village leader - Arvam tat
Shalandrakan Solo invoker
Hoffmar- Felar villager
Karvicius - Scion bard
Parcan - Warlock Invoker
Nicktshick - Nexus shifter Osprey,Anaconda
Beemef - Hero arial warrior, duergar lowbie pker
Maridius- Hero conjurer
Beirus - Sylvan Ranger
Mordecai- Hero shifter Cobra, shark
Kardok - Elite imperial blade
Hipsin - Galadon Kingpin, Qaledus tat
Aurilinius - War Master
Brinrok - Dwarf shaman maran

I'm sure there are some more in there that I'm not remembering just now, for sure a few more warriors.

Oh, and further advice- Never, ever play more than 2 characters at the same time. 1 is best. Aurilinius would have been a great war master if not for Brinrok and Grinok. Brinrok probably wouldn't have ever gotten too much attention from Shokai no matter what I did.

Caitlyn (Guest)Thu 30-Mar-06 07:43 PM

#47156, "RE: What a ride!"
In response to Reply #1

Wow, what a ride our characters have been on. Grinok was around a long time, and I enjoyed the interactions I had with him. Let's see...there was Caitlyn months and months ago then Riesia ran around with him a bit, and now my current character. You've helped me out tons over the months. Thanks for everything you've done for me. Hope we get to interact some more in the future.

Grinok (Guest)Thu 30-Mar-06 07:46 PM

#47157, "Sorry about telling you"
In response to Reply #2

to put a bag over your head so it would make you look better. Caityln was a lot of fun to run around with, even though a lot of it was spent picking her up and dusting her off after getting whacked by the Imperials. You showed some brass sticking it out with some of the beatings you took. Good luck with what your playing now.

Aundar (Guest)Fri 31-Mar-06 08:59 PM

#47171, "That thing with the blademaster was shady."
In response to Reply #1

Honestly if I hadn't died in the same exact place you had to bargain your way out of, and lost my own gear I never would have given you the gloves.

You watched me waiting for Luchan outside the blademaster's room, you barged past me, died to the blademaster, who I then got the killing strike on, then said you would bash me for it. As a player it was shady and I really did not want to give them to you but Aundar was sympathetic but other then that I liked Grinok for he seemed much like Aundar.

Grinok (Guest)Sat 01-Apr-06 03:38 AM

#47174, "I lost my entire set of gear to getting out of a deatht..."
In response to Reply #4

I was running around like a mad-man trying to gather things, I just stayed ahead of people getting my wide coppers, I'd just stayed ahead of getting a couple other things. I'd been gathering these things as I was getting help to get my gloves lined up. I went to Seantryn, got the invitations, and went straight to the Blademaster to get back my gloves, without pause, because I was at 78% health and didn't want to go into assassination range. I got bashed and owaza'd for like 8 rounds to kill me, so I was not happy about that. As far as Grinok and I were concerned, they were my gloves, and I was only getting them back after them getting destroyed, which was the case, because when Eshval took my things, she didn't let any repop. Anyway, I liked your character too, but there is a point when any character has had enough, like, after giving up a whole set of pretty much the best gear in the game so you don't die, then you die anyway trying to reequip, with Eshval laughing in your ear about it the whole time.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47139 Previous topic | Next topic