Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Larinus Caelus the Weaver of the Eleme..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47096
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 28-Mar-06 02:12 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47096, "(DELETED) [None] Larinus Caelus the Weaver of the Elements"

Tue Mar 28 13:09:20 2006

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Larinus perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:291

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BrotminWed 29-Mar-06 07:30 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
48 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47134, "Fun for a while"
In response to Reply #0

This was a comeback character. I had been away for around a year, and thought I'd try something new. I played one other short-lived, uncaballed character before this, and then really jumped in with this.

This was meant to be a pretty straightforward magic-loving (sphere Magic) mage, who saw Scion first as a group of magi, not by the prophecy. I played him as knowing very little about that side of the cabal, and no one saw any reason to tell him much about it. The main limitation I took with the Magic thing was I intended to use just the touch spells as my weapons, except for practice weapons during practice... however, the parrying I saw with them before hero was incredibly bad. I remember fighting 8 trees that were "little finger" to me, and getting several misses but no parries. I'm sure that choice got me several of my early deaths, because I didn't survive long enough to escape. So I changed it to using only magic weapons and practice weapons, which I did find limited me quite a bit still, but at least my parry actually started improving. I believe it was 75% at 42nd rank or so.

I enjoyed this character for a while, but life got more busy and this just wasn't the highest priority. Plus, I was finding I was running around grabbing preps and such and not really that interested in the last bit. It didn't help that I made a pretty bad pkiller as an invoker.

I haven't played an invoker since before I really knew anything about pking, a forgotten invoker who fought a few times with Istendil. Things were very different. I went 7 path because I wanted to try out all the new spells, but if I'd known how useful improved invisibility was, I'd have taken more than affinity 4 in air - it's the only spell I didn't get. I got kinda annoyed with how shields got weakened against breath weapons by being able to be broken, though no item destruction is a very good thing. I found it hard to quickly decide on which spell to use in a pk fight, especially when my first choice wasn't working as well as I hoped. The sleep deprivation I've been dealing with hasn't helped... I don't get nearly as much sleep as I used to back when I had a few impactful characters. I tried not to make too much of a fool of myself in pk, but more often than not, looked back and wished I'd done something else. Solo, especially against ragers, I found it hard to do much - fighting at the Archmage often became the only option, and even that sometimes got me killed. It also didn't help that I was extremely bad at finding barrier wands... those locations I did know were empty for the past two or three months at least. I was bad about forgetting to use preps at times, too.

Even so, I hope I was fairly helpful to Scion when I was around... I'm aware my logons got pretty limited, and once I got uninducted, I didn't really see much point sticking around. When I was in Scion though, I tried to make sure I was around for several hours at a time, and fight and defend hard.

On to the farewells... if I forget anyone, my apologies, please add on and I'll respond:

Immortals:

I was kinda unhappy that I didn't really get any attention in Scion questy stuff. The only time I got a dream, it seemed to be telling me "you're a coward" when I regularly defended against good sized groups. I might have sucked and died, but I don't think I was cowardly. If I missed something in interpretation, I'd love to know.

Eshval - I really liked the few talks we had before I got inducted and such. Wasn't really sure if you liked me or not, especially as I got older.

Scion:

I tend to be pretty independant, so I didn't really mind being the only Scion online most of the time. Still, when we were around, it might have been good to actually work together sometimes. I can hardly say I worked hard on that, unless the Scepter was gone or something. But Larinus was far from a leader, I didn't want to make him out to be one.

Razmorthin - It was too bad you were rarely around after you inducted me. Whenever you were, Scion was a powerhouse, even before other people logged on to follow you *chuckles*. You knew how to gather us together and lead, and of course you were pretty damn strong on your own. There's a reason there hasn't been another leader in Scion since - no one has stepped up to your example.

Greddarh - I'm happy to see you're one of the few who wasn't booted from the cabal. I liked you when you were around, though I think you could do with gathering us together a bit more. I could see you being the next Chancellor/Advisor.

Agavripos - Really liked talking with you about the nightwalkers and helping you work things out... sorry it didn't get anywhere that I saw.

Millia - Wish you'd been around more. Whenever you were, you were very good at keeping us protected and made Scion a whole lot more powerful.

Fortress:

Had a fun time fighting with those of you willing to fight at even odds... some of you weren't as brave as others. My memory for specific members is unfortunately failing me at this time, but I'm sure some of you were frequent and worthy enemies.

Battle:

Most of you were pretty willing to fight me solo, though there were exceptions, and you probably know who you are. It didn't hurt your courage I'm sure, that I had trouble doing much after grease to most of you. Bane worked well, and pillar would do like dismembers once every two rounds - not a recipe for winning on my part. Plus, the fact that practically every one of you used whips, daggers or both made it very tough for me.

Kragathian - Had some interesting talks with you and plenty of fights.

Kaisse - I kept shield of slime up pretty much whenever you were around, you were rough on me. Got you a few times I think, but you got me more.

Bundeltorf - You were very, very good at catching me without fly. That one time where shield of electricity did most of the damage and I killed you was pretty funny, but you got me much more - trip and cheapshot makes it hard for an invoker to fight.

Empire:

I rarely dealt with most of you. Seemed like most of you could only be found in such packs that it would be stupid for me to stay near.

Outlander:

I hated never being sure how many of you were around. And I hated that you just kept peace with us, until your numbers got large enough that you outnumbered us, and only then did you start taking the Scepter.

Drifelda - Had a fun time fighting with you, and some luck, except for the time you caught me froze up in Barovia.

Aeria - Catching me in a maze with the hunt, and then full-looting, pissed me off. I think I got better at fighting you anyway, I just wish you'd had more for me to stoneshatter. I rarely used that spell - except against you.

Anyone who wants to email, is welcome to send to tralish@yahoo.com I don't expect to play another character too soon, but hopefully it'll be soon enough that what I learnt from this character won't be forgotten. Hopefully many of you remember I played some fairly good characters in the past, including Brotmin, Sporial and Phinitz. This character definitely wasn't up to those standards, but it was a start.

I intend to buy my pbf entry, though I don't expect to see anything exceptional in it. I do wonder how backed up it is, though... I can see there hasn't been an update in three weeks.

GreddarhTue 28-Mar-06 06:53 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2006
85 posts
#47101, "Sad to see you go."
In response to Reply #0

It was nice to see you around but seems you have some rl problems of something.

Good luck with anything you wish.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47096 Previous topic | Next topic