Subject: "(CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4680
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 20-Feb-02 02:33 PM
Member since 07th May 2024
16833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4680, "(CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"

Wed Feb 20 13:47:14 2002

8 o''clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of Futility on the Theran calendar Theerkla perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:511
PK Ratio:29% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply NNNNOO!!!!!!!!!!, Rockford (Guest), 21-Feb-02 10:55 PM, #23
Reply shame to see you go, Daurwyn (Guest), 20-Feb-02 05:38 PM, #10
Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Theerkla, 20-Feb-02 02:47 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Dakherizin (Guest), 20-Feb-02 02:59 PM, #2
     Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Theerkla, 20-Feb-02 05:32 PM, #9
          Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Delenir (Guest), 20-Feb-02 05:47 PM, #11
               Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Theerkla, 21-Feb-02 06:21 AM, #21
     Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Nydeikon (Guest), 20-Feb-02 03:04 PM, #3
     Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Theerkla, 20-Feb-02 03:09 PM, #4
          Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, HammerSong, 20-Feb-02 03:12 PM, #5
               Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Nydeikon (Guest), 20-Feb-02 04:00 PM, #6
               Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Theerkla, 20-Feb-02 05:28 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Fristapholin (Guest), 20-Feb-02 04:02 PM, #7
     Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Jraln (Guest), 20-Feb-02 06:21 PM, #12
     Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Divox, 20-Feb-02 06:43 PM, #13
     Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Kaz (Guest), 20-Feb-02 08:00 PM, #14
     Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Theerkla, 21-Feb-02 06:17 AM, #20
     Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Vahlen, 20-Feb-02 10:18 PM, #15
     Reply Reply (text), Marlek (Guest), 20-Feb-02 11:05 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Reply (text), Theerkla, 21-Feb-02 06:15 AM, #19
     Reply I must have done something right..., Albaszn, 20-Feb-02 11:32 PM, #17
     Reply RE: I must have done something right..., Theerkla, 21-Feb-02 06:13 AM, #18
     Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Jubornl (Guest), 21-Feb-02 08:00 AM, #22
     Reply Bah!, Lorak, 22-Feb-02 06:04 PM, #24
     Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Krajus (Guest), 22-Feb-02 07:22 PM, #25
     Reply RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle, Trien (Guest), 23-Feb-02 03:52 AM, #26

Rockford (Guest)Thu 21-Feb-02 10:55 PM

#4681, "NNNNOO!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply #0

Oh My Gosh NO!!!!!!

the time i play the most is in the mornings and noon. I can't believe it. Say it is not so. I have never played a nexus and never realy know much about them untill i had my first interveiw with you. From you i learn the most about teh nexus than i knew of all teh other cabals. It was so great playing with you. I loved every minute of it.
I am probly one of the failures Divox was probly taking about. Traeski was the highest muter i had ever played. Oh well i learned so so much from ya. Now i am confident that i can roll up another char and play a good roll in the Nexus. All the thanks to you. You was an inspriration. i will miss ya. Thanks for all teh intraction you had with my chars.

Daurwyn (Guest)Wed 20-Feb-02 05:38 PM

#4682, "shame to see you go"
In response to Reply #0

You were probably Daurwyn's only friend, as opposed to ally, in the rift, owing to the time we first met a lonnng time ago. I had decided to take a shortcut through the sirine cell and lagged at the worst time. By the time it finished my pass door had dropped and I was stuck there for the second time in a week, wondering how I'd been so stupid. Anyway, you were one of the ones to make a rescue attempt, and thus I always tried to help you out from time to time, by saving the odd bit of equipment for you or whatever. I'm glad you didn't die when we were raiding the chasm together.

Sorry about that time my comment about seeing you in the rift caused you to walk out of the rift and get assassinated. I had no idea the assassin was there, though they sure liked hanging out there.

TheerklaWed 20-Feb-02 02:47 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4683, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #0

Well, where to begin. I guess first, how ironic things can be sometimes. This character was rolled up (cloud giant axe spec warrior) so that I could level sit in the mid 20's and get better at PK'ing. Things just didn't end up the way I planned. Instead, this was my second hero and by far the most enjoyable character I've had. In another odd twist of fate, the only character I've enjoyed this much was helped to an early con death by Vahlen, Myrlokon, and Caelph when the rift was first formed. As far as getting better at PK'ing, well I improved some but I'll probably never be very good at it. This ended up being my exploration character. I stumbled into Thar Acaccia, the Elven Vaults, the Vale of Veran and a few other places I've never been before (note to self, cloud giant axe specs aren't the best exploration characters)

And as the only rant I have, for those of you who rage delete because your perfect whatever and 0 pk record was broken? Well, I won't tell you how to play or enjoy CF, but I will tell you your missing out on so much of the game that you might want to try getting past that attitude. Just play your life out and see where it goes from there.

So on to goodbyes if I forgot you, it's because I have a bad memory, give a shout out and I'll try to say something nice :

Nexus
All of you were truly like family. I would have been dead and gone a long time ago if it weren't for you. Having gone from five or six of us to the current size of the rift was something I enjoyed being around for, maybe even a part of.

Lord Vahlen: First off, thank you for inducting me. I know my motivations and roleplay for joining the rift were razor thin. Had there been more then a handful of members at the time, I imagine you would have told me to go consider things further. Also thanks for all the interactions. That time in Udgaard when a man-at-arms walked up to me and asked why I was trickling blood, I almost fell out of my chair when that happened. Plus all those visits from dragons, you must have been sitting there muttering to yourself about what a fool I am sometimes. Thanks for being patient and letting me partake of the bond. Of course at the start there, I wasn't sure I'd ever get to bond with anybody.

Divox: I wish our times overlapped more, but the few times I saw you were immensely enjoyable. Good luck on being an Imm.

Janroth: You old croc. You get the mantle of seniority now. Thanks for looking out for me. We had some good times grabbing the head and all. The two of us got raiding the destructor down to a pretty fine science.

Nydeikon: see Divox. Glad you and Lorak are elders, you make a good pair.

Lorak: Well, we had some good times too. Worrying about you was one of my favorite pasttimes. I imagine I'll need inducting at some point (just can't get enough of the bond), so it's good to have leaders that are around alot.

Cusip: How old is your character? I remember making fun of a gnome with that name (asked if you had a brother named Sedol) with another character, but I thought that was around June or so. Walrus is truly an inspiring form. Also, I've gotten off the name band wagon so yours is fine to me nowadays.

Daherizin: The last of my charges. You getting the title of hero was really the final goal I set for Theerkla, glad to see you made it. Wish I were going to be around a lot longer but those are the breaks I guess. Thanks for talking me out of throwing myself at the chasm when I was down to my final death.

Fristapholin: What can I say, you know your stuff certainly, and so polite too *grin*. Anyways, as with all of the rift, interactions with you were always pleasant.

Talno, Montego, Kazahando, and a whole bunch of others, I always tried to be there for anybody that needed aid or looking after. Hope the motherly bit wasn't too annoying.

Dirt Farmers (aka Villagers)
Let's see.... I'll only mention a few that really stuck out:

Varrik: I just couldn't tell about you. Sometimes you seemed overly cautious, othertimes you used tactics effectively and to your benefit. Sometimes I admired you, other times I felt contempt. Anyways that time you got Janroth just after we took the head and were headed out of the village, changed the way I look at you.

Samar: The mark of a good player is others want to be like you. After the fourth or fifth time you killed me I was thinking of deleting and rolling up a felar spear spec.

Penz: You've got skill and guts the perfect barbarian, plus now you've got a cool title. That day I first full looted you I had a lousy RL day and took it out on you. Sorry.

Sharvin: In my eyse, the smartest villager I fought. Too bad you weren't on our side

Everybody else:
Kuhekeeh: Let it finally be said, I forgive you for stealing all those things in the underdark.

Nefarhin: you owe me that story still

Daurwyn, Trien, Anborankein: I always liked travelling with warlocks, you guys were a reliable lot

Viornsra: How many times could you have killed me that you didn't? Never would have made it this long if you were ever really after my blood. Like I said, you were too kind hearted for a scion.

Tilaen: I like your character. For some reason I get this picture of a sneaky scheming little spider spinning webs within webs, but hey who's going to turn down the aid of a competent invoker, plus somehow we were friends and you never got around to betraying or using me (least not as far as I know). Wish the war hadn't come up, but damn where'd all those scions come from anyways?

Tchakatchaka: Don't know why you decided to start trying to gaunt me all the time. I would have let it go except you lashed when your first successful gaunt got me there. Spiteful it might be, but I'm glad you died at the moderator when you came in to get me.

There's probably more but I'm tired and more than a little drunk so that will have to do for now.

Dakherizin (Guest)Wed 20-Feb-02 02:59 PM

#4703, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #1

Theerkla, you really made my character. I would have deleted at that 38th rank, after probably the 9th death if you hadn't been there. I thought I knew a lot about Thera, but after traveling with you...I found out how little I did know. Dakherizin had a deep respect for you, bordering on infatuation lol. But nonetheless, thank you for having such an impact, and being so reliable and fun to be with.
Dak

TheerklaWed 20-Feb-02 05:32 PM
1055 posts
#4704, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #2

Ah... what can I say. I knew you looked up to me, it's part of the reason I shared my history with you (feel special about that, you're the only one who got any insight into my role). I definitely enjoyed and tried hard at being the kind of person others could rely on. I really did believe what I said about not really being a good seeker, but being good at taking care of those who were.

Delenir (Guest)Wed 20-Feb-02 05:47 PM

#4705, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #9

Darn it! You were like a mother to all of us and I wish you could have been around londer, as Ihad just gotten into Nexus a few week ago. Man... now I have no one o give me some money when i am out. BTW, where did you get all that money anyways?

Well, Theerkla was a greet help to me and all the others in th cabal. Hope to see another one of your great characters around some day!

TheerklaThu 21-Feb-02 06:21 AM
1055 posts
#4706, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #11

All that money came from Darack and Cullin. They always have coppers and will buy almost any weapon or gem you pick up or find lying around. In fact one time I sold the wrong axe (Biggrin's Massive axe which I loved so much) for 52 gold.

Nydeikon (Guest)Wed 20-Feb-02 03:04 PM

#4698, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #1

Damn, that really hurts. I really, really liked Theerkla, good job. Though at first I'll admit I thought to myself "Damn, who is this person that HAS A TITLE?!? Divox doesn't even have a title...wtf?" I guess I just had hardly seen or heard much of you back in those days. After some time I realized that you were the main force keeping the Rift going in the morning/afternoon hours and we just had pretty much the opposite play times. A full time job and going to school full time really hurts my cf time, heh. Hell, I even started logging on in the mornings before (and in between) classes, just to be around the same time as you. Anyways, thanks for the interaction and congradualtions on a cool character, I know the Rift will miss you.

That Whil guy.

TheerklaWed 20-Feb-02 03:09 PM
1055 posts
#4699, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #3

Funny thing is, I think that title is auto-progged in for completing a quest, maybe an imm can chime in. Anyways, you wouldn't believe how many people assumed I was a ranger, or asked me about getting into the Sylvans because of it.

HammerSongWed 20-Feb-02 03:12 PM
679 posts
#4700, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #4

No. You were one day in the Jungle trying to help out a screaming parrot. I happened to see how well you were role-playing without any visible motive to do so. Having seen the effort, I rewarded you accordingly. Great job and good luck with your next character.

Nydeikon (Guest)Wed 20-Feb-02 04:00 PM

#4702, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #5

Damn that really is cool. Muy cool points for Thror.

TheerklaWed 20-Feb-02 05:28 PM
1055 posts
#4701, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #5

Heh, somewhere along the line I started saying things out loud. It ended up whenever I was alone, I'd be saying something, like "lessee... what should I do nextest?" Talking to that stupid parrot just came naturally. Oh well, as much as a headache as the title was at times, I definitely felt special having it, even more so that I know it wasn't automatic.

Fristapholin (Guest)Wed 20-Feb-02 04:02 PM

#4697, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #1

Well, this is completely disheartening. My two favorite
exploring partners are now gone, along with the only person
I would bond with without hestitation! You were a real
inspiration to the rift, and I will surely be upset that
you have perished. I wish you would have told me how close
to death you were though. Would have made some effort to
get you a conquest. Now I have no one to pal around with
in the mornings! BTW, who was the one to finally get you?
I'll deliver upon them the same punishment I gave those
birds! Just for you ma'am! And if you do come back to
the rift, come back PLEASE as a warrior type or healer!
No mages! I don't want to share all my wands with you!
Specially since you showed me where half of them were!
Your pet invoker Frist!

BTW, I don't know as much as you think, just know a
few areas well and how to fight.

Jraln (Guest)Wed 20-Feb-02 06:21 PM

#4696, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry to see you go. It took me nearly three weeks to find
someone to speak to about getting an interview. Finally I logged on at work in the morning and there you were and gracious enough to speak to me when no one else would. I'm just sorry I didnt get to adventure with you once I reached hero. Well done and good luck on your next character.

-Jraln

DivoxWed 20-Feb-02 06:43 PM
6 posts
#4695, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #1

Behind every gnome, there should be a giant axe spec around ready to pound the crap out of whoever would want to mess with the gnome to begin with. *wisenod*

From the few times we did cross paths, I liked you and if you got into the Rift through Vahlen, you earned your position. You actively sought out applicants (which sometimes did not turn out too well but that's another story) and genuinely advertised to others how the Rift changed.

Great character and you were the oldest mortal Nexus person in the Rift still living. Hope to see you around again and I fully enjoy your attitude to the mud. It's not about 50%+ PK ratios or whatnot. It's about having fun with the character and no matter how badly he/she/it may stink, still having fun. Glad you had fun and hope to see you in the fields again in the future.

As to Nydeikon's comment about you having a title and me not... Well, ummm, Lord Elder was a title so there.

Divox who finally got a title besides Lord Elder

Kaz (Guest)Wed 20-Feb-02 08:00 PM

#4693, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #1

I understand the forgetfullness but it really sucks considering Kaz almost looked at you as a mother figure. I had a lot of great times with you and I'm really sad to see you go. Email me sometime. Solarknight@hotmail.com

Kaz.

TheerklaThu 21-Feb-02 06:17 AM
1055 posts
#4694, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #14

I can't remember if I was there when you got your final form or not, but that was always what I loved about travelling with shifters. You guys would hop around like little kids once you got that final form.

VahlenWed 20-Feb-02 10:18 PM
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4692, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #1

Glad you enjoyed your stay within the Rift, as you were a solid member who did alot, seen and unseen. You were very active in talking with young applicants, as well as just being around alot of the times when things looked bad. You did well on holding your own, given you were often time going against ragers without any powers.

I'm glad you enjoyed the interactions you got, as I try to give everyone what little I can. Yet for those who put the extra "umph" into it, I too try to give it back.

good luck on your next char.

Marlek (Guest)Wed 20-Feb-02 11:05 PM

#4690, "Reply (text)"
In response to Reply #1

Shame to see you go, I always wanted to fight you one on one just to see what you were made of. Unfortunatly we seemed to always run into each other when we were never alone, either you had sidekicks, or I was raiding with others.

My two cents of advice: You need to learn to use your skills more. I was petrified at first when I discovered that you were whip/axe, I've played one of those before, and they are just plain scary. You rarely used many of the ultimate skills at your disposal. I know there is a strong tendancy to see to use pincer, you just need to start thinking more tactically, If you could have eyejabed, then entwined, choked someone they would have been dead. Overhead on a sleeping person is just totaly ugly. Dash/pull/drive combinations can be also extremly naughty and nasty P. Many of the times that I managed to kill you, you could have survived if you eyejabed first, but I think that you have learned a fair ammount if this was a pk character.

Thumbs up for the guts to actually defend and fight... fight to the death and not just wait till we attacked them flee/quaff.

TheerklaThu 21-Feb-02 06:15 AM
1055 posts
#4691, "RE: Reply (text)"
In response to Reply #16

Well, this was my first axe spec and first whip spec, but you're definitely right about me underusing my spec skills. I'm half tempted to roll up a carbon copy and do things over, just a little better. As for pincer, it was just too damn convenient and fit my goal. Usually I'd dish out enough damage right off that people would flee rather than stick around, which was fine with me.

AlbasznWed 20-Feb-02 11:32 PM
1 posts
#4688, "I must have done something right..."
In response to Reply #1

...no one said anything bad about me, wait they didn’t say anything at all.

I remember the first day I met you, I was not sure if I should bother helping you but the paladin inside me said rescue him (boy was I wrong). You told me you would never forget that I helped you, guess you were wrong, ah well. Have fun, I guess.

Good luck with your next,
~Honest Alb

TheerklaThu 21-Feb-02 06:13 AM
1055 posts
#4689, "RE: I must have done something right..."
In response to Reply #17

Shoot, I did forget. Anyways following your "inner paladin" is a good way to go. There were so many people who helped me over my life that I guess, your aid went unheralded. When you're dead and gone, I'd really like to get the lowdown on that pantsless thing.

Jubornl (Guest)Thu 21-Feb-02 08:00 AM

#4687, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #1

Well, Jub was a huge mistake on my part, but I really enjoyed my interactions with you. Good luck with the next character.

LorakFri 22-Feb-02 06:04 PM
0 posts
#4686, "Bah!"
In response to Reply #1

Oh come on. I take a short break from CF to find out your dead. You really have some explaining to do. TERRIFIC!!! Char. I loved interacting w/ u and enjoyed it immensly. A great fighter and played better than most I've seen. For it only being your second hero I'm greatly impressed. Same here but that's obvious enough. That time in Dagdan when we heard that little girl giggle. Giving away Varrik's little position......that was fun and amusing. I don't think I could of laughed any harder than that. It was to the point I couldn't type and you were saying something about how ashame it was that he assassinated then vanished. Well....good times. You have any ways to get a hold of? E-mail me at zerocool78_99@yahoo.com if you wanna. Terrific again. Good luck with your next one. I'm looking forward to having u again in the Rift.....sure enough I won't know u though.... Ahh well....guess that's the breaks.

Krajus (Guest)Fri 22-Feb-02 07:22 PM

#4685, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #1

Well no one seems to remember the scrawny assassin that couldn't, but it's okay. Well you beat me but if the comp was still working I'd have caught you I think. Sad to see one of the higher ranking non-mages go. Wish we'd have interacted more save the normal retrievals.
Good luck on the next.

Trien (Guest)Sat 23-Feb-02 03:52 AM

#4684, "RE: (CON) Theerkla the Mistress of the Jungle"
In response to Reply #1

You really contributed to cf hero range in a good way when I was there I'm sorry to see you go, but sort of thought it to be comming any time now. The times were good.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4680 Previous topic | Next topic