Subject: "(DEL) <BATTLE> Segroi the Keeper of the Glade" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4670
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 19-Feb-02 05:56 PM
Member since 07th May 2024
16833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4670, "(DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade"

Tue Feb 19 17:54:48 2002

10 o''clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Grand Struggle on the Theran calendar Segroi perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:46
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:189
PK Ratio:47% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, Kazahando, 21-Feb-02 03:13 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, bereuht (Guest), 20-Feb-02 09:35 AM, #4
Reply RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, Nivek (Guest) (Guest), 19-Feb-02 05:57 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, tilaen (Guest), 20-Feb-02 07:43 AM, #2
     Reply RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, Nivek's brother (Guest), 20-Feb-02 06:06 PM, #5
          Reply RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, tilaen (Guest), 21-Feb-02 10:55 AM, #7
          Reply RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, Lorak, 22-Feb-02 05:01 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, Intronan, 20-Feb-02 08:30 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, Lorak, 22-Feb-02 05:10 PM, #9

KazahandoThu 21-Feb-02 03:13 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4671, "RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade"
In response to Reply #0

Well I fought you with two chars however I'm only posting under this one since their both alive *snicker* Anyhow I thoroughly enjoyed our hour long battle that one time though I think that blasko made it a bit unfair. Had it not went on so long I don't think I'd of run out of preps and worded into varrik. I still think Varrik's one of the worst players alive and wish him many horrible deaths *wisenod*
Anyhow good char and good luck.

Kaz.

bereuht (Guest)Wed 20-Feb-02 09:35 AM

#4672, "RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade"
In response to Reply #0

segroi, I will never forget our interview.
mainly because you acted with your religion perfectly, thought it an odd one for a villager, but you did it perfectly, and the few times we did talk i loved it.
only thing was, when we were together the village wasnt in power, and the nexus was wiping our asses up and down the street, it was also when the scions was just losing power.. your aid WAS sorely needed, but it seemed like you werent the defender type..
ie needed you to block alot more etc.. I know how hard also it is to rank alone, you had it easier than bereuht, mainly because, he wasnt a village duergar *shiver* and forest abilities. You still have it, just without the heightened ability of wilderness familiarity. camo helps too, so does healing yourself MUCH.

My props for you, you stuck with it for a long time.
Yeah, I agree village is going downhill. Their heroes are dying off FAST, except for sharvin who is dying off slower than them, but still dying off. People like omodonore just stopped ranking completely now, so the village is in a little bit of a spot. heh.

anyway, I liked your char, and I give you props.
PS. BE MORE SNEAKY WITH YOUR ATTACKS!! DONT RUSH IN!!
GRRR. Very true, I would not have let you lead into a charge. *SHIVER*

Nivek (Guest) (Guest)Tue 19-Feb-02 05:57 PM

#4673, "RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Segroi the Keeper of the Glade"
In response to Reply #0

Heh, had this note written before I logged on. Tried to buy you some time, Vorzythur. Sorry it didn’t work.

I had a good time with this character. Yeah, it’s my fifth in a string of rangers and looking up at my pk ratio, I never got any better with them as time went on. One would think the opposite, but either I don’t learn from my mistakes or having to look down at the keyboard while typing is just too big a detriment. J

Time to jump ship, but the fact that the Village is losing the Cabal Wars right now is only an indirect reason for that. The main thing is losing wilderness familiarity. I can’t stand it. As a Sylvan, I only encountered the problem three or four times in 700+ hours. Even then, I could justify hiding out in the woods and doing little but getting it back. As a Villager, I felt terrible just sitting there while everyone else was hunting mages, raiding, or whatnot.

When Loborguz died, and the Nexans seemed to perma-team with the Scions, there was less and less time available for me to regain my forestry skills. When I wasn’t retrieving, dying, defending, dying, reclothing, dying, I was trying to climb out of a 71K experience point hole. Two suicides and four deaths from the felar bandit chief with his damned polearm skills really hurt. I don’t consider myself ambitious enough nor skilled enough at this game to pull out of the rut I was in.

As with Varrik, I had no intention of ever gaining any sort of leader position. When Thror put out a missive asking everyone to write to the Village about how they wished to lead and compete in the Rites, I at first didn’t know what to do. I finally decided that since I did not want to be a leader, I wouldn’t write anything. Sorry to disappoint you there, Thror. Bereuht, in his farewell note, hit the nail on the head when he said he probably wouldn’t follow Segroi into battle. I, as a player, wouldn’t follow him either.

I screwed around after I deleted Cronin, had a few lowbies running around, but then decided to try a Villager and see what the war was like from the other side. This was my first one and I enjoyed it immensely. Not being able to use magic was interesting and a good challenge for me as a player. I tried to only fight solo and did a lot of the time, but there were times when I’d fight with others. Seems like every time I did, there would be a ganging rant somewhere IC or OOC. After the shellacking I got in my last few hours, I have no sympathy for them. Ganging will happen. Deal with it. I have no compunction about doing it anymore.

I also made an attempt not to full loot people, but that tendency went down the drain too. Returning to my corpse to find it empty of a water skin and some steaks is pretty damn disheartening. I have no compunction about doing that anymore either. A side thank you to Janroth here. I appreciate the gesture you made.

Thanks to all the Villagers who made it fun: Intronan, Loborguz, Bereuht, Varrik, Penz, Vhenos, Samar, Plehd, Vorzythur, Blasko and whoever I may be forgetting.

Thanks to the enemies I had quality interaction with: Lorak, Kazahando, Krajus, Janroth, Tilaen (well, sort of), Izana (Imana? Scion conjie, something like that) and whoever I may be forgetting.

See you in the fields.

Nivek

tilaen (Guest)Wed 20-Feb-02 07:43 AM

#4676, "RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade"
In response to Reply #1

hehe...
keep in mind just how my char acts when you post that..
anyway, your timing in almost everything was just horrid.
I think back to the time when your villagers were defending like 6 of us and three or four of you, instead of waiting in your snare where we might have had to sacrifice someone to it, and probably still get us all snared, or at least to keep you safe while we pounded on the destructor, you all went do the destructor. bad segroi. No villager is safe there. I think three of you died?
a thief without a backstab can kill you out of the woods, even without the familiarity rangers just do not do well. The best thing you have for you as a village ranger is a scoutish kind, even if you are a defender, and cheap shots against others.
sorry if I make it bad, but the village has it pretty bad now, no leaders, and your uppers are dying horribly.
one time four of hte villagers took the sceptre after we killed sharvin, penz, and vory at the mountain makeing dullameh a hero lich. Once sharvin left (damn fiend) my char went out taking his anger out on them.
first time, killed loranessa and vory, didnt make it to the massive giant.
second time killed tob and vory. didnt make it to the massive giant.
heh, third time killed tob and vory again i think. took head.
then vory and penz after we took the head, but that was with dullameh.
no, i wasnt out to multi kill, each time was near his cabal, or while he was fighting my nightwalker cabal guardian.
but you dont have to worry about the nexus/scion thing anymore. That didnt last all too long to be honest, i was the only hero about ever for a very, very long time. only about the past week and a half when a bunch of them made hero did things start getting nice for me.
nexus declaired war on us, and they have been feeling that affect heh.
then again, so have I, though so far I have not fallen.
anyway.

yeah, a villager, gonna die, but since you CAN camo and even inside the village, and outside you can watch places SOO easily, and since no more sylvan war, cheap shots against others man.

Nivek's brother (Guest)Wed 20-Feb-02 06:06 PM

#4677, "RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade"
In response to Reply #2

Man.. this is the only char you've ever played that actually got to interact with one of mine for about two minutes. May character hated yours, though, becuase you were a dirt farmer (aka Villager). Maybe we'll interact more next time, eh bro? (of course without us even knowing)

tilaen (Guest)Thu 21-Feb-02 10:55 AM

#4679, "RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade"
In response to Reply #5

was this supposed to be responded to me?

LorakFri 22-Feb-02 05:01 PM
0 posts
#4678, "RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade"
In response to Reply #5

Well.....Dirt Farmers.....makes me think your a Seeker. Inless Theerkla's terms travel that fast.

IntronanWed 20-Feb-02 08:30 AM
25 posts
#4675, "RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade"
In response to Reply #1

I really liked Segroi. A lot. I didn't interact with you all that much, but I keep tabs on villagers by talking to other villagers, and I just liked most everything I saw, or heard of you. Sorry you had a sort of low opinion of yourself... the village imms certainly did not.

LorakFri 22-Feb-02 05:10 PM
0 posts
#4674, "RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade"
In response to Reply #1

Nice work. Great Char. Very respectable. You would fight weither or not the village had the head like some of the other Villagers. Howeever, me with a barrier and you without spellbane made it a bit unfair but life is life and that made the times fun. I knew Cronin with my old Tribunal..(Olmnus)....had no idea it was the same. But I guess People grow and learn with time and new ideas. Well nice work again. It was always fun. Except a few times. Good luck w/ your next char.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4670 Previous topic | Next topic