Subject: "Gryshilniar got thirsty and took the plunge!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #46558
Show all folders

GryshilniarWed 08-Mar-06 07:52 PM
Member since 31st Jan 2006
85 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46558, "Gryshilniar got thirsty and took the plunge!"

Alas, the heroimm life is not for me. Even more evident is that I have the worse luck with computers. After my brand new laptop busted after a month, my times have been cut down to sneaking onto my roommate and brother's laptop to get in a bit of CFing.

I immed thiking I would meet a bunch of computer nerds who have no life and sense of humour....until it became amazingly clear to me that they are almost all cool and witty people, even the type I would hang out with in RL. And believe it or not, they are all sitting up there watching you guys, and cheering for your wins and sympathizing with your lossess...well that's a bit of a generalization, but you get the idea: They're people just like you and me, who want to make this gammer funner for YOU guys!!! Pretty amazing if you ask me.

Anyway, on to a few goodbyes.

IMMS :

Aarn : You suck, noone likes you.

Corrlaan : Same.

Dalteric : Aarn x Corrlaan = you

On a serious note, thanks a bunch for all the help. And Dalteric stop freaking making fun of Canadians before me and the CF Canadian crew have to come down and kick all your asses.

Drok and Valg : Can't believe all the thankless hours you two put in...just unreal...really. So uhh....thanks? And I'm truly sorry for all the time I made you guys waste on me. Le sigh.

Rest of you : 'I don't know if you've heard, but I'm sort of a big deal' (I hope you've seen Anchorman!) You guys all rock.

Mortals :

Hmm....too many to really name. I love reminiscing so feel free to post a log of you kicking me ass or vice versa or an opinion.

Alriac you were sweet, and I do believe that our characters pretty much butt heads in some form of another every damn time. Keep on keeping on. Xilla....I remember kicking it with you as a dwarf squire way way back. Great job. Grunlath I liked your evilness.
Geez...I could go on for a long time. So I'll leave it to you to post.

Oh...and about Grysh.

His role basically set up that he was saved by an ancient winged creature...an Alabatross and he dedicated the rest of his life to this bird. It was all about work ethic, honor, pride and following your dreams etc.. I had planned to solo rank to 51, but I got frustrated with some mob deaths at around 44 I think so I stopped there. Also I wanted to spread the good word of the Albatross, and ranking with others helped me do that! So it was a good excuse for being a puss.
I had some pretty amazing fights and some not so good ones, but all in all my spec and legacy choices worked out well. I remember a few days where I would be constantly fighting groups of imperials buggers and managing to do things that impressed even me.

Ok, time to wrap it up. I'm sure I'll be back in some capacity as this is an addiction that I swear can't be broken.

Oh, here's my list of characters for any that are curious (I'll forget some probably)

Gryshilniar, Icthaen, Ulothrye, Vinourak, Agaeobab, Yintrik, Liurnya, Pinthovi, Oltrambel, Scharnz, Hykroln, Ontylirn, Silmareen
and a bunch of others that never made it to hero.

See you all in the fields.
Dylan

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Gryshilniar got thirsty and took the plunge!, Grunlath (Guest), 10-Mar-06 08:24 AM, #20
Reply Aha., Grysh (Guest), 10-Mar-06 01:38 PM, #22
Reply Great fights, pal. nt, Ispris (Guest), 10-Mar-06 04:08 AM, #19
Reply Agreed!, Grysh (Guest), 10-Mar-06 01:33 PM, #21
Reply You had guts, Beer, 09-Mar-06 06:12 PM, #18
Reply RE: Gryshilniar got thirsty and took the plunge!, Dulmisa (Guest), 09-Mar-06 05:38 PM, #17
Reply I was rooting for you., Bajula, 09-Mar-06 04:02 PM, #15
Reply The good ol' days, Grysh (Guest), 09-Mar-06 05:20 PM, #16
Reply Probably just not in your cards this time, Corrlaan, 09-Mar-06 07:22 AM, #12
Reply Oh yeah, Corrlaan, 09-Mar-06 07:23 AM, #13
Reply Wow...our characters go back:P txt, Shamanmanlazy (Guest), 09-Mar-06 06:51 AM, #11
Reply You are one gutsy player. I look forward to your next! ..., Grysh (Guest), 09-Mar-06 12:38 PM, #14
Reply RE: Gryshilniar got thirsty and took the plunge!, Mort, 09-Mar-06 04:15 AM, #9
Reply I'm sure I'd remember you..., Grysh (Guest), 09-Mar-06 04:22 AM, #10
Reply The felar who said gar, DurNominator, 09-Mar-06 02:44 AM, #7
Reply Ahah!, Silvellien (Guest), 09-Mar-06 12:20 AM, #6
Reply RE: Gryshilniar got thirsty and took the plunge!, Haageran (Guest), 08-Mar-06 11:36 PM, #5
Reply I hated that Outlander/Fortress war nt, Kipli (Guest), 08-Mar-06 10:52 PM, #4
Reply RE: I hated that Outlander/Fortress war nt, Grysh (Guest), 09-Mar-06 02:45 AM, #8
Reply RE: Gryshilniar got thirsty and took the plunge!, silencedstatik, 08-Mar-06 09:27 PM, #2
Reply RE: Gryshilniar got thirsty and took the plunge!, Gryshilniar, 08-Mar-06 09:42 PM, #3
Reply RE: Gryshilniar got thirsty and took the plunge!, Lightmaged (Guest), 08-Mar-06 08:30 PM, #1

Grunlath (Guest)Fri 10-Mar-06 08:24 AM

#46650, "RE: Gryshilniar got thirsty and took the plunge!"
In response to Reply #0

I liked Grysh. You had a lot of heart, was a fierce and skilled fighter and you took every loss as a champion. It was a pleasure interacting with you, and we did fight a lot. I knew that if you started with the spear...a blind then wither would end you..i was trying to lure you to accept me as a duellant in regards to the promise you made about taking the oath if any blade bested you alone.

I never understood that "flowerpicking" joke, and it was a damn shame that you never became a blade. I would have liked to fight next to you instead of against you.

I do remember Silmareen. You have had a steep learning curve.

Anyway...good luck with your next.

Grysh (Guest)Fri 10-Mar-06 01:38 PM

#46659, "Aha."
In response to Reply #20

It really would have been interesting if a blade had taken up the challenge. I have no idea what would have happened if he beat me and I was forced to take the oath. It surely would have opened up some awesome roleplay opportunities for us all. One of these days i'll have a character that takes such a drastic change mid-life.

Anyway, the flowerpicking was always something he said when he was largely outnumbered and just trying to stay alive :p .
So when you would ask where I was, I usually just said something about picking flowers with Aarn.

Grunlath was damn hard to kill, and when I finally did like maybe once or twice it was very satisfying

Keep up the good work chief.
Grysh.

Ispris (Guest)Fri 10-Mar-06 04:08 AM

#46647, "Great fights, pal. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Grysh (Guest)Fri 10-Mar-06 01:33 PM

#46658, "Agreed!"
In response to Reply #19

In particular we had a fight where I ran into it already hurt like an idiot and you had me entwined at the Voralian altar. I managed to make a miracle recovery and get you...but damn that put a scare in me. Needless to say, you showed a lot of heart coming at me alone, which nobody really did towards the end. Hope you're still kicking it and having fun.

Cheers
Grysh.

BeerThu 09-Mar-06 06:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46628, "You had guts"
In response to Reply #0

I kinda felt bad for the gangs as Zevsa but I tried to fight you solo.

But you know...healers...not always good.

But you had a strong spirit and great leadership that would lead all the Fortress to their victory...or death. Mwahahaha.

Solid char, shame you deleted. But I understand why though. And I would have loved to see how you'd have become.

Dulmisa (Guest)Thu 09-Mar-06 05:38 PM

#46623, "RE: Gryshilniar got thirsty and took the plunge!"
In response to Reply #0

What to say, you were a toughnut to crack and gave me a more than a few headaches. Well played, surely we'll meet again.

BajulaThu 09-Mar-06 04:02 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46607, "I was rooting for you."
In response to Reply #0

First I'll start with Feichin hehe. When I first met you as a young but tenacious catling.... *rofl* after I found out about the albatross thing and found out Hirken had the albatross I REALLY tried to talk him into playing diety for you, he wouldn't go for it.
I thought it would be awesome for him to swoop down for no reason and just nod once in a while. especially while you were ranking. I was betting you'd play it up as a 'sign'. Heh.

I'm surprised though there are actually a few characters in your list that did NOT run with my characters ... HAHAHA.

Oh well. Sorry about pushing for the uninduction with Kharnik.
I just felt I had to. and ended up deleting anyway heh.

Anyway Grysh rocked, but I'll never forget Silmareen who was dumb enough to come with Lerrik to stand out on eastern when the empire was really pushing the placing of centurions there and defying them all that eastern road was ours! Others joined in on the fun for a while, but they came and went. You stuck it out with me and probably lost a couple of con over it, but damn that was fun.
That's how I'll always remember ya man. heh.

Well I'm off. I still read the forums sometimes, but I'm not really out there in game. I hope you experience above didn't take anything away from the game (from peeking behind the curtain) but rather gives you an even better reason to play strong personality characters (to give others something to 'play' off of.)

Best of luck and all that.
-James "Let's see how many con I can lose in one session" Bajula.

Grysh (Guest)Thu 09-Mar-06 05:20 PM

#46621, "The good ol' days"
In response to Reply #15

Anyway Grysh rocked, but I'll never forget Silmareen who was dumb enough to come with Lerrik to stand out on eastern when the empire was really pushing the placing of centurions there and defying them all that eastern road was ours! Others joined in on the fun for a while, but they came and went. You stuck it out with me and probably lost a couple of con over it, but damn that was fun.
That's how I'll always remember ya man. heh.

I remember that like it was yesterday. I really think that session is what got me utterly hooked to CF, and it embodies everything that's great about this game.

There we were, outnumbered, clearly outmatched and outskilled (we were both pretty much newbs against veteran caballed players) yet we didn't give a damn and went after them anyway. They killed us, we regeared (yeah charred leather bracers count) and stomped right back out on eastern. When we finally killed one of them, I think I was cheering at my computer. I wish I still had that log, as I'd love to post it for newer players to see.

Anyway, always a pleasure seeing you in the fields James.

Take it easy.
Dylan

CorrlaanThu 09-Mar-06 07:22 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46585, "Probably just not in your cards this time"
In response to Reply #0

Maybe another time when you have more time to devote and not get the itch to play. I liked you..we share that Maple Syrupy, Labatt Blue blood so we got along well. Take care and keep having fun with the game. Worst thing you can do is stop having fun.

Corrlaan

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

CorrlaanThu 09-Mar-06 07:23 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
#46586, "Oh yeah"
In response to Reply #12

Aarn and I are teh bizzomb and you know it for reelz!

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

Shamanmanlazy (Guest)Thu 09-Mar-06 06:51 AM

#46583, "Wow...our characters go back:P txt"
In response to Reply #0

From Ulothrye and my storm giant paladin, Icthaen and Treyis, Gryshilniar and my half-elf squire(I forget his and the paladin's name) to Gryshilniar and Tarseti. I've liked all your characters and you are really a boon for CF. Keep'm coming man, you rock.

ps (Canadians suck.)

Grysh (Guest)Thu 09-Mar-06 12:38 PM

#46595, "You are one gutsy player. I look forward to your next! ..."
In response to Reply #11

nt

MortThu 09-Mar-06 04:15 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2006
194 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46580, "RE: Gryshilniar got thirsty and took the plunge!"
In response to Reply #0

I interacted with you with 2 separate (enemy) characters, and just wanted to say thanks. Your attitude and "non-offensive preachiness" were very refreshing compared to the usual whines and taunts from people who just died. Very enjoyable chats, like I've had with some of your past chars too.

-- someone(s) you probably don't remember

Grysh (Guest)Thu 09-Mar-06 04:22 AM

#46581, "I'm sure I'd remember you..."
In response to Reply #9

But anyway thanks for the fights. I'm sure we'll have more if you keep on playing those bastard evils!

DurNominatorThu 09-Mar-06 02:44 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46578, "The felar who said gar"
In response to Reply #0

Nice character. It was good having you around. Your typical gar or mreowr would have passed as greetings replacement, if you remember the conversation. ;D

Good luck with your next!

Endalion

Silvellien (Guest)Thu 09-Mar-06 12:20 AM

#46577, "Ahah!"
In response to Reply #0

I interacted with a multitude of your chars over the course of my forties. Of course, my Forties have this tendency to con-die about fifteen times faster than yours, but... Meh. Heh.

Lessee. Loved Ulothrye as Bliggy. Dinian and Silvellien were both around Grysh's time, Silvellien less so, cause you hit heroimm about then. Dinian had some fun interactions with you, but to quote the immortal words of Xilla: "Grysh, he so... Maran." Which basically meant you were busy taking names and kicking ass, whereas it took me FOREVER to hit hero range and I con-died right afterwards (damn Nivult and a perfected cheapshot that *I* could never perfect, damn them both to hell =P)

Haageran (Guest)Wed 08-Mar-06 11:36 PM

#46571, "RE: Gryshilniar got thirsty and took the plunge!"
In response to Reply #0

Well... you were a mortal about a quarter of my life, and an imm the rest. It's too bad that you didn't finish up because I really enjoyed you and your sense of humor. Sorry the heroimm thing didn't work out. I was cheering for you, but I could sort of tell the way things were going due to short and more infrequent logins.

Take care, and I hope to interact with you agian in some capacity.

Kipli (Guest)Wed 08-Mar-06 10:52 PM

#46565, "I hated that Outlander/Fortress war nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Grysh (Guest)Thu 09-Mar-06 02:45 AM

#46579, "RE: I hated that Outlander/Fortress war nt"
In response to Reply #4

That certainly had a huge impact on Grysh's character. Balancing the neutral apsect of you outlander folk and the deathful "let's smoke every dwarf that breathes' aspect of it all.
Towards the end he just said screw it, let's ignore the formalities and get to killing each other. Needless to say, I enjoyed all of our fights..it presented a true challenge to Grysh the character and me the player.

Good luck with everything
Grysh.
P.Sp. Yeah im drunk.

silencedstatikWed 08-Mar-06 09:27 PM
Member since 13th Aug 2005
81 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#46563, "RE: Gryshilniar got thirsty and took the plunge!"
In response to Reply #0

Played Aemisha and enjoyed being around you. Immensely. Played Huidnro and enjoyed the hell out of coming up with Yintrik...you and ol' Draxidar. Those were good times. Good luck with your next

GryshilniarWed 08-Mar-06 09:42 PM
Member since 31st Jan 2006
85 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46564, "RE: Gryshilniar got thirsty and took the plunge!"
In response to Reply #2

Man, Huindro was sweet. Villager and Fort is really where my heart is, and I have great memories of both cabals.
Take it easy man.

Grysh.

Lightmaged (Guest)Wed 08-Mar-06 08:30 PM

#46560, "RE: Gryshilniar got thirsty and took the plunge!"
In response to Reply #0

I loved Ulothrye. Awesome pally. We had some fun interactions when I was playing my black hearted drowner.

Good luck with whatever.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #46558 Previous topic | Next topic