Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Martyrdom..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #46145
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 25-Feb-06 02:52 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46145, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Martyrdom, Acolyte of the Golden Sun"

Sat Feb 25 13:49:56 2006

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Razhalia perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:277

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Marty..., Razhalia (Guest), 25-Feb-06 07:38 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Marty..., Alidove (Guest), 25-Feb-06 08:03 PM, #3
Reply Sister!, Crysseara (Guest), 25-Feb-06 11:33 PM, #4
Reply RE: Sister!, Razhalia (Guest), 26-Feb-06 02:28 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Marty..., Austira (Guest), 26-Feb-06 12:25 AM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Marty..., Razhalia (Guest), 26-Feb-06 03:01 PM, #10
     Reply I found if you just do something tough for you..., Austira (Guest), 26-Feb-06 09:58 PM, #13
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Marty..., Corrlaan, 26-Feb-06 08:10 AM, #6
Reply If only all the Immortals could remember this, _Kenshin (Guest), 26-Feb-06 01:36 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Marty..., Razhalia (Guest), 26-Feb-06 02:59 PM, #9
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Marty..., Aarn, 27-Feb-06 09:36 AM, #14
Reply Me, Atyrok (Guest), 28-Feb-06 12:32 AM, #15
Reply RE: Me, Razhalia (Guest), 28-Feb-06 01:21 PM, #17
Reply The last time I saw you, DurNominator, 28-Feb-06 06:51 PM, #19
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Marty..., Grunlath (Guest), 28-Feb-06 03:16 AM, #16
     Reply The whole Martyr bit, Razhalia (Guest), 28-Feb-06 01:27 PM, #18
Reply and again, Lacirama (Guest), 25-Feb-06 07:05 PM, #1
     Reply RE: and again, Razhalia (Guest), 26-Feb-06 03:01 PM, #11
          Reply hmm, Lacirama (Guest), 26-Feb-06 03:11 PM, #12

Razhalia (Guest)Sat 25-Feb-06 07:38 PM

#46147, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Marty..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, I really sucked. What can I say other than that? Raz was only my second healer ever, and my first full fledged Acolyte. My first was a Herald-you don't really see much raiding action baking pies, you know? Playing her though, I knew I was pretty bad so I tried to improve some. I realize now that kick and lash are to be thrown into the midden heap and that a normal healer in a defensive/offensive situation spams the hell out of rejuvinate and mass heal. I screwed up a lot, but I learned a great deal in the end. And now to the farewells...

Fortress: Xilla-thanks for inducting me and just generally keeping things light in mood even if it was in Raz's role to be a worrywart.
Crysserea-Out of the entire Fortress, Raz felt closest to you. I'm glad that you made Cardinal and that I got the chance to interact with you as much as I did.
Alriac-I looove you man...great as a dwarf, great Captain, nasty with those axes, and always patient with Raz even if she sometimes just needed a sound slapping around.
Grysh-Aside from Alriac, you were one of my favorite Marans. You were wise, crazy, and very patient even though I knew you wanted to beat her with her own mace sometimes. Thanks for that. I don't think I would've made it this far without people like you there to help.
Breallye-I'm sorry we didn't get more time to interact. My previous char really had a soft spot for you and I was hoping for more, but then you deleted. ..Anyhow, you helped me shape some of Raz's fundamental personality quirks. Thanks for helping me to flesh it out.
Austira-I loved the cat. A bit confusing and perplexing at times, but really solid as a shifter. I know for a fact that you are a waaaay better shifter than I was. *smirk* Thanks also for coming with me to see Morse in Hillcrest to help me get my voice back. Sad to see you delete. I thought you might've made Cardinal eventually.

Imperials- I hated you all. Bleh. I'll burn your city to the ground one day. So there. ;P Oh wait..
Grunlath-Damn I hate to love you. You always made me cringe when I saw you log on. Ugh, but damn, you look like you really know what you were doing. Unlike me.

Scions-Can I post the phrase 'Burn in Hell' on the forums? If so, do so and continue to do so for all eternity. Thank you.

Outlanders-All I can say about you is that I like the thought of treehuggers who kick so much ass. However, I was not prepared to deal with the issues you seemed to so frequently hand to the orderly types and the dwarves of the Fort. I really think that showed a bit. However, love the cabal even though I've never played it. Much respect to the tree clan.

Imms-Corrlaan: After being such a dismal failiure with Hirken, thanks for the second chance at a better char than he was. Thanks for the empowerment, thanks for the pats on the head...and A bit of advice? Next time you want to raise someone to Acolyte, try not to do it when they have three skellies on them on Calandaryl, hmm? *grin* I almost died of shock. Thanks again and I really enjoyed playing one of your priestesses, I wish I could've done your religion better with Raz.
Aarn: Never played a dwarf, never wielded an axe, never beat the snot out of metal before, but if I were a dwarven imm, he'd be like you. You were fun to interact with the few times I got to do it.
Shokai: Only saw you once or twice, but it was always interesting.
Eshval: The one time I met you at the Inn, my heart skipped a blooody beat. You're damn well creepy to me and you do a damn good job of conveying that.

I'm probably missing someone, so if I am, feel free to tell me here and I'll grovel at your feet at your earliest convenience. K?

Razhalia
aka-Temperaleai,Xiouse,Hekestrum,Hirken, and quite a few others.

Alidove (Guest)Sat 25-Feb-06 08:03 PM

#46148, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Marty..."
In response to Reply #2

Nice job. I saw a marked improvement from when I was ranking up to when I was at hero.

Much improved over Hirkin too.

I liked hanging out, and wish that we could have done some hunting together. Having the damn air form, made my land moving rather limited...

Keep them coming, you will only get better.

Crysseara (Guest)Sat 25-Feb-06 11:33 PM

#46152, "Sister!"
In response to Reply #2

I'm soooooo dissapointed to see this. From getting inducted with Razhalia all the way through to you supporting me getting Cardinal, Razhalia was one of Crys's dearest friends. You never could spell my name right, but that's ok, I can't either some of the time.

Don't be so hard on yourself as to the quality of healer you were - you made a serious improvement, and just the fact that you were willing and wanting to learn was all that mattered. I think the reason people came down on you is because when you're with a healer you sort of have this image/ideal in your mind on what a healer should be doing and because you die when the healer doesn't do what you expect, you take it a little more personally than normal. Does that make sense? I think once everyone realized you were new to the class and still learning they got more patience and tried to help you out.

You made a great Acolyte RP wise, I hope to see you back in again soon.

Razhalia (Guest)Sun 26-Feb-06 02:28 PM

#46163, "RE: Sister!"
In response to Reply #4

I got a little misty-eyed when I deleted Raz actually. I had a lot of hopes for her, but in the end, I just couldn't come up with anything for her. I tried the painting bit once, but that was all I could come up with. In the end, Raz died from stagnation. I really hope that I can try again with another healer with better results.

Raz the Punching Bag

Austira (Guest)Sun 26-Feb-06 12:25 AM

#46154, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Marty..."
In response to Reply #2

Thanks for the compliments, but...well I am actually playing a healer right now...just to see how hard it really is(I am sorry, I made her just to see if I would suck horribly...heh). I think I am doing ok with her though. In any case, play a tree hugger, and have fun. Outtie, I love outtie, its the best cabal there is...muhaha. See ya around in the fields, and good luck with your next.

Razhalia (Guest)Sun 26-Feb-06 03:01 PM

#46165, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Marty..."
In response to Reply #5

I really don't know that I could play an outtie. I suck with preps, I'm still learning the maps, and the only thing I have going for me at all is the amount of rp I try to put into a char. But maybe..ya never know, hmm?

Raz

Austira (Guest)Sun 26-Feb-06 09:58 PM

#46171, "I found if you just do something tough for you..."
In response to Reply #10

You get to learn fast...play outtie, suck horribly learn lots...Play something difficult...like an evil transmuter outtie or something(I don't know, I am just throwing that out). Anyway have fun, good luck...play hard, die lots, kill lots(get cool loots!).

CorrlaanSun 26-Feb-06 08:10 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46158, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Marty..."
In response to Reply #2

I thought thats when you could use it most! Sometimes I forget what an impact it has when an Immortal appears and starts to do things to the players.

Anyways, good character..good follower...died a LOT!

It usually takes me about four characters of a particular class to really get the flow, so don't feel bad. I normally dont even Hero the first two of a particular class I start to test out, let alone caballed and empowered so you did well.

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

_Kenshin (Guest)Sun 26-Feb-06 01:36 PM

#46161, "If only all the Immortals could remember this"
In response to Reply #6

"Sometimes I forget what an impact it has when an Immortal appears and starts to do things to the players."

A majority of the time I would be willing to bet this has a positive impact.

Razhalia (Guest)Sun 26-Feb-06 02:59 PM

#46164, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Marty..."
In response to Reply #6

Well, it was a memorable event, I can tell you that. I wish I had logged it now in retrospect.

As for not caballing with a class you haven't played before..I like a challenge. And being an acolyte healer while trying to learn the basics is just enough to teach me alot. I like things to come all at once. I just seem to learn a lot more that way. I just wish so many people wouldn't have died because of my ineptness. Next time I play a healer, look for me to be a lot stronger.

Thanks again for the encouragement you were able to give me, and thanks for raising me-it was totally unexpected.

Raz

AarnMon 27-Feb-06 09:36 AM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
#46172, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Marty..."
In response to Reply #2

Noticed a marked improvement over time in the way Raz handled herself in fights. That's not to say stop practicing, but you definitely got a little better!

Good luck with your next!

Aarn?

Atyrok (Guest)Tue 28-Feb-06 12:32 AM

#46187, "Me"
In response to Reply #2

Was what I did interesting, or just annoying?

Razhalia (Guest)Tue 28-Feb-06 01:21 PM

#46194, "RE: Me"
In response to Reply #15

I think what you had going was interesting. It was right up Razhalia's alley, her being a damn bleeding heart and all. I thought you did well with it, unfortunately a good number of darkies took advantage of you. A shame you didn't get to see it through before con death.

Razhalia

DurNominatorTue 28-Feb-06 06:51 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46200, "The last time I saw you"
In response to Reply #15

was when I was checking Fort for fights as my orc. You were there, standing before Fort like some drooling idiot with some sign hanged around his neck. Knowing that you were a Scion before and having fought some of Endalions first PK fights against you in 30 range when you were still sane, it left some kind of feeling of wtfness. I thought it was interesting. It left me with a picture of naked arial with a sign around his neck playing some kind of retarded janitor in the cold, snowy courtyard of Fortress. You did practically nothing back then, but the desc did the RP for you, so good RP there.

Grunlath (Guest)Tue 28-Feb-06 03:16 AM

#46189, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Razhalia the Luminary of Marty..."
In response to Reply #2

"Imperials- I hated you all. Bleh. I'll burn your city to the ground one day. So there. ;P Oh wait..
Grunlath-Damn I hate to love you. You always made me cringe when I saw you log on. Ugh, but damn, you look like you really know what you were doing. Unlike me. "

You had some horrible deaths in the beginning. Like forgetting to aura yourself when you came to raid, etc. At the end you had improved so much that i thought you had roleplayed some sort of martyr, a healer that willingly took upon herself all the pain in the world (for the few seconds your hp lasted) and thus willingly had walked without aura.
It takes a lot of heart to keep going after all those deaths. You took them with pride and you deserve a lot of respect for that. Good luck with your next.

Razhalia (Guest)Tue 28-Feb-06 01:27 PM

#46195, "The whole Martyr bit"
In response to Reply #16

Thanks alot. Out of any of the imperials, I think I'd take that as a compliment from you. Some of it was planned rp, other parts were just kids buzzing in my ear while I was at the computer . Anyhow, I rage deleted for a short bit and then reactivated after reassessing what I needed to do to keep Raz alive and her fort buddies alive and kicking too. After I reactivated her was when I started making the turn I think. I would never delete over a death or anything like that, I deleted because I just didn't know what direction to go with Raz anymore. I felt like I was spinning my wheels with her every time I logged in with her after a while. Thanks again for the comments.

Razhalia

Lacirama (Guest)Sat 25-Feb-06 07:05 PM

#46146, "and again"
In response to Reply #0

Oh great...
Its like a curse: I meet someone nice and intresting and a couple days later he´s gone. -_-

I really need to do something about my char and/or my playing times.

Oh well...
Have fun with your next.

Razhalia (Guest)Sun 26-Feb-06 03:01 PM

#46166, "RE: and again"
In response to Reply #1

Wanna give me a hint as to who you were by any chance?

Raz

Lacirama (Guest)Sun 26-Feb-06 03:11 PM

#46167, "hmm"
In response to Reply #11

We met just once and I asked you if you know Limnoreia...

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #46145 Previous topic | Next topic