Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Tarseti Grewques the Victorious C..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #46119
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 25-Feb-06 12:48 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46119, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Tarseti Grewques the Victorious Champion"

Fri Feb 24 23:44:17 2006

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Tarseti perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:36
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:71

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I'd like to say this is your most impressive so far but..., Nightwiggler (Guest), 25-Feb-06 09:20 AM, #10
Reply Thanks Larcat:P <3 U too. nt, shamanman, 25-Feb-06 11:14 AM, #21
Reply Good times.., Jharthan (Guest), 25-Feb-06 04:36 AM, #7
Reply Yessir, we had some "Good times", shamanman, 25-Feb-06 11:05 AM, #15
Reply Who woulda guessed it was me? G-byes enclosed!, shamanman, 25-Feb-06 01:03 AM, #1
     Reply Sure I'm forgetting a few. reply with questions or such..., shamanman, 25-Feb-06 01:04 AM, #2
     Reply You had heart, Man, Ilthuria (Guest), 25-Feb-06 01:32 AM, #3
     Reply Ew., shamanman, 25-Feb-06 11:02 AM, #13
     Reply Loved the Charisma, Saroiya (Guest), 25-Feb-06 01:32 AM, #4
     Reply Thanks(stxt), shamanman, 25-Feb-06 11:03 AM, #14
     Reply Hugs from a fellow suicidal dagger spec!, Silvellien (Guest), 25-Feb-06 01:32 AM, #5
     Reply Dude, Gryshilniar, 25-Feb-06 02:50 AM, #6
     Reply Man..Get. It. Fixed. Fortress. Needs. You. That is all:..., shamanman, 25-Feb-06 11:08 AM, #17
     Reply I absolutely knew that was you..., Crysseara (Guest), 25-Feb-06 07:53 AM, #8
     Reply Thanks for all of the compliments:) stxt, shamanman, 25-Feb-06 11:06 AM, #16
     Reply Dude, you were a Scribe not a Squire, Corrlaan, 25-Feb-06 09:10 AM, #9
     Reply Thanks..Yeah, Scribe/Squire thing within, shamanman, 25-Feb-06 11:11 AM, #18
          Reply I didnt mean to sound like scolding, Corrlaan, 26-Feb-06 08:07 AM, #27
     Reply You insane little weasel fish!, Kaeciln (Guest), 25-Feb-06 10:02 AM, #11
     Reply ...ehehehe:P (stxt), shamanman, 25-Feb-06 11:12 AM, #19
          Reply I was cheering for you to get a defensive spec! :P, Kaeciln (Guest), 27-Feb-06 11:47 AM, #30
     Reply RE: Who woulda guessed it was me? G-byes enclosed!, Alriac (Guest), 25-Feb-06 10:41 AM, #12
     Reply RE: Who woulda guessed it was me? G-byes enclosed!, shamanman, 25-Feb-06 11:13 AM, #20
     Reply Very True, Artisle (Guest), 25-Feb-06 12:07 PM, #22
     Reply RE: Who woulda guessed it was me? G-byes enclosed!, Ikajio (Guest), 25-Feb-06 02:24 PM, #23
     Reply A few words for you:, shamanman, 25-Feb-06 02:29 PM, #24
     Reply Har not bad for a boneyarse, Ysaloerye (Guest), 25-Feb-06 09:25 PM, #25
     Reply And no mention of me..., Alenysi (Guest), 26-Feb-06 12:21 AM, #26
     Reply RE: Who woulda guessed it was me? G-byes enclosed!, Aarn, 27-Feb-06 09:38 AM, #28
     Reply I don't think you can make Scribes Maran nt, WhiteRaven, 27-Feb-06 05:52 PM, #31
     Reply Deal, big A, deal:) nt, shamanman, 27-Feb-06 09:07 PM, #34
     Reply RE: Who woulda guessed it was me? G-byes enclosed!, Azqaxazr (Guest), 27-Feb-06 10:06 AM, #29
     Reply Damn, I was diggin watchin you rank up, Lekajab (Guest), 27-Feb-06 06:22 PM, #32
          Reply :P oh well stxt, shamanman, 27-Feb-06 09:06 PM, #33
               Reply Jeez, Lekajab (Guest), 28-Feb-06 01:28 AM, #35
                    Reply Eh, maybe. I'm liking dark-elf more, I think:P nt, shamanman, 28-Feb-06 07:19 PM, #36

Nightwiggler (Guest)Sat 25-Feb-06 09:20 AM

#46130, "I'd like to say this is your most impressive so far but..."
In response to Reply #0

Even though this guy died faster than Peryll, Peryll still has the title. Champs stand if equal to at least 15 hours and shield ded paladin should be equal to about 15 as well. Etgo, when you finish the equation, if you want to do as well with efl dagger as you did with Peryll you'd have to con die in 45 hours of honest, genuine play.

Ur biggest phan.

<3<3<3

Teh Larcatz

shamanmanSat 25-Feb-06 11:14 AM
Member since 05th Jul 2004
244 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#46141, "Thanks Larcat:P <3 U too. nt"
In response to Reply #10

f

Jharthan (Guest)Sat 25-Feb-06 04:36 AM

#46127, "Good times.."
In response to Reply #0

Hey I thought you had a great character to be honest. Our fights were always close even though for the most part you didn’t get away as many times as I did, when hurl landed I was forced to flee… you on the other hand always stayed to the bitter end. You made my early ranks a great time always wondering when I was going to have to switch to my pike. Think about evil.. they strike without reason which is sometimes as fun as having faith in something beyond you.

Jharthan

shamanmanSat 25-Feb-06 11:05 AM
244 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#46135, "Yessir, we had some "Good times""
In response to Reply #7

for YOU. Iron polespec charge/chargesets suck. Majorly. Seriously, that #### hurts. My favorite thing about our fights, were that we were always exploiting each others vulns, which was pretty sweet. Other than that, they were just good brawls.

shamanmanSat 25-Feb-06 01:03 AM
244 posts
#46120, "Who woulda guessed it was me? G-byes enclosed!"
In response to Reply #0

Wow. First off this char died a lot, quickly. At the very end I finally got a handleon him and beginning kicking a small minority of ass. I think I could do MUCH better with a second go around. On to the good stuff:

Fort:

Crysseara: Didn't see you much but we saw eye to eye on a lot of things and go along pretty well, rock on.

Mirryl: The gear runs were FABULOUS, thank you for all the gear/help/timely words home etc.

Lekajab: Liked you, solid strong and badass. Keep on flyin.

Paladins: Never really knew any of you, except Wistliyion who does pretty decently. Keep'n trucking.

To whatever Imm who was the Ancient Knight at the beginning of my squirehood. I really liked that immeraction. Thanks.

Gryshilniar: Man. I <3 U. Honestly, you rocked. That interaction with you actually made this char. That interaction made this char a success, so thanks for that.

Various Imms who watched me, I'm curious as to your thoughts. Not sure I'll purchase a PBF seeing as how I was roleless, but I'm still curious.

Enemies:

Jharthan: I had respect for you. A lot of it, we fought solo, we fought group to solo both ways, group to group. from 25-32 you raped me. Nothing I could do. But once I hit 33 and got hurl, it was a cointoss. Either I kicked your ass or you kicked mine, there was no medium

Baratheon: You are just a little pansy who will never. Ever. EVER. fight alone. Iloved the two times I got you when you were hiding behind all your big brothers, pity I didn't get to keep your looted loot. Some of us play the game, others of us like to gang the game. Whatever floats your boat.

Artisle: In fighting regards see Jharthan. I rocked you or you rocked me, it all depended on hurl.

Ilthuria: Holy. ####. I swear, I dont want to KNOW how many times you assassinated me. At first, I viewed the three or so dark-elf assassins as meat. The first time you and I met I sent you scurrying and whenever I met Azqaxazr I sent her scurrying. After that first time though, I got assassinated. Over. and Over. and Over. and Over....AND OVER!!! I never even knew it. At all, except for that one time on the ocean. I don't think I've seen an assassin played so well since Etarekoth so way to go.

Well, I'm drawing blanks. This equals Irespal in amount of fun for a character and it really brought back the spark for CF I haven't had in a while. I really, really wish I could curb my con-death rate because this char I LOVED. If it was at all in my roleplay or at all in my nature, come 5 con I woulda been hiding..but that just wasn't the char and I couldn't make him sit in one desolate spot for more than a few hours. Later guys, see ya'll in the 'Fields.

shamanmanSat 25-Feb-06 01:04 AM
244 posts
#46121, "Sure I'm forgetting a few. reply with questions or such..."
In response to Reply #1

f

Ilthuria (Guest)Sat 25-Feb-06 01:32 AM

#46122, "You had heart, Man"
In response to Reply #1

They should have made you a full acolyte before you died.
I felt bad for killing you so many times, and OOC I was
hoping some of those assassinates would miss, but I just wasn't
able to. Anyways, I respected the fact you were always gung-ho
fighting someone.
These Are for you. Six, that I have. Maybe more

Sizing up Tarseti, you pretend to stumble and sprawl into him.
Before he realizes what you have done, you slip your dagger under his ribcage.
Stepping back, you watch as Tarseti vainly tries to prevent his life blood from running out of his chest.
Tarseti slips to the ground as blood gurgles out from his mouth.
Tarseti is DEAD!!
You hear Tarseti's death cry.
You have become better at assassinate!
Quickly stepping in front of Tarseti, you see the surprise on his face.
With a quick motion, you drop to your knees in front of him and punch at the inside of his knee.
Staggering to the side, Tarseti leaves his inner thigh open to your sudden upwards slash.
Bright red blood begins to pump from Tarseti's wound as he falls to the ground.
Tarseti can only watch as his blood drains from his body.
Tarseti is DEAD!!

You slide up behind Tarseti and drive your sword through his back.
Tarseti falls to the floor, blood flooding from his pierced heart.
Tarseti is DEAD!!
Tarseti's eye pops out of its socket.
With a swift, fluid upswing you slice Tarseti's abdomen open.
Collapsing with shock and horror, Tarseti watches his entrails spill onto the ground.
Gripping your sword with both hands you quickly drive it through Tarseti's back as he falls.
As Tarseti gasps his final breath, you extract your sword.
Tarseti is DEAD!!
Tarseti spills his guts all over the floor.
Collapsing with shock and horror, Tarseti watches his entrails spill onto the ground.
Gripping your sword with both hands you quickly drive it through Tarseti's back as he falls.
Tarseti is DEAD!!
A clump of Tarseti's hair is ripped from his head.
Tarseti is DEAD!!

I'll be waiting for your duergar axe spec. Good luck on your next.

shamanmanSat 25-Feb-06 11:02 AM
244 posts
#46133, "Ew."
In response to Reply #3

Ew. Thats just nasty. Like I said, you completely took away 2 or 3 con on your there at the end.

Saroiya (Guest)Sat 25-Feb-06 01:32 AM

#46123, "Loved the Charisma"
In response to Reply #1

You were a real standout character, soon as I ranked up to your range I saw you all over the place. You were always on the go and I liked the that you were an aggro scribe. I only wish you'd gotten and done a con quest so you'd have stuck around a bit longer. Regardless you'll be missed. Maybe next time you ought to try a storm giant?

Saroiya

oh yeah, and about those assassins... they've been trying to get me too but there are several tricks you can do to get em off your tail. Namely when you think you're being stalked turn the rivers into your eastern road.

shamanmanSat 25-Feb-06 11:03 AM
244 posts
#46134, "Thanks(stxt)"
In response to Reply #4

Most of those assassins were little to no trouble. The above one was the one that really got me though. Oh well. and if I did fort again it would be with a dwarven axe spec. Yessir, THEN you'd see deaths .

Silvellien (Guest)Sat 25-Feb-06 01:32 AM

#46124, "Hugs from a fellow suicidal dagger spec!"
In response to Reply #1

having another dagger spec around was interesting. Dagger specs are evil, especially when you've never tried one before... I think you probably should have started with spear as a first spec, heh.

Those assassins bothered me a lot too. I think I was the one they practiced assassinating so they could get you later. They got me a fair amount as well, though nowhere near the volume of your pains.

I definitely didn't think there was someone in the Fortress dying more than I was. Heh.

GryshilniarSat 25-Feb-06 02:50 AM
Member since 31st Jan 2006
85 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46125, "Dude"
In response to Reply #1

Gryshilniar: Man. I <3 U. Honestly, you rocked. That interaction with you actually made this char. That interaction made this char a success, so thanks for that.

Tarseti,

Playing a dagger spec --> Much low level pain

Being an elf --> See 'playing a dagger spec'

Being a scribe elf dagger spec --> What?

Con dieing in 71 hours --> Priceless

Your characters all give me a great laugh, and I've enjoyed pretty much all of them. Glad I can still make a small impact on the Cabal from above, though my stupid new laptop just busted again so I can log on even less

As I stated earlier, you played a tough ass combo and had fun doing it. Can't ask for much more than that.

I look forward to your next bro!
Grysh

shamanmanSat 25-Feb-06 11:08 AM
244 posts
#46137, "Man..Get. It. Fixed. Fortress. Needs. You. That is all:..."
In response to Reply #6

Thanks again for all the fun. I hope you go far in big ol' Asgaard or the Celestial Temple or whatever its called.

Crysseara (Guest)Sat 25-Feb-06 07:53 AM

#46128, "I absolutely knew that was you..."
In response to Reply #1

No one else can die that much or take it so well, RP, and play crazy things like murderous elf dagger scribe.

It's too bad - I really wanted to see where you were going to go with this character but you con died before I could blink! You need to learn a little bit of self preservation. But then again, if you can do that (I can't, no way, not ever, sorry, I can't handle dying like that) but if you CAN take that and that's what you have fun with, more power to you man!

Now what you need to do is try that again - but play like...I don't know...storm pole scribe or something with more con and a better tanking spec. But definetly try that again.

Good luck on your next!

shamanmanSat 25-Feb-06 11:06 AM
244 posts
#46136, "Thanks for all of the compliments:) stxt"
In response to Reply #8

All of those mean a lot, and higher con WOULD be good . We'll see what I've got cooking next.

CorrlaanSat 25-Feb-06 09:10 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46129, "Dude, you were a Scribe not a Squire"
In response to Reply #1

To whatever Imm who was the Ancient Knight at the beginning of my squirehood. I really liked that immeraction. Thanks

That was me, and I was kind of boggled as to why you and the other Scribe that were there ran off the attackers very well, then split up and you ended up getting killed by them. I picked you to watch and you were pretty actively hunting them.--Very Squire-ish. So thats why I gave you the little pep talk.

Good char...played exactly like I play my Fort chars. To the death.

Good luck on your next.

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

shamanmanSat 25-Feb-06 11:11 AM
244 posts
#46138, "Thanks..Yeah, Scribe/Squire thing within"
In response to Reply #9

I dont think I should play a scribe again, not unless I'm a healer..and I'll still probably con die in about 100 hours. Oh well. I tried to balance it out with spikes on the buckler and me hunting but I had the goals of the light foremost in my mind. Not sure if I pulled off a hunting scribe or not. Regardless, thanks for being lenient!

CorrlaanSun 26-Feb-06 08:07 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
#46157, "I didnt mean to sound like scolding"
In response to Reply #18

Honestly, I am soooo trying to dispel the myth that Acolytes love peace, and dying needlessly.

What I meant was being that there were two Scribes there, I would have expected the two of you to join up and go after him..OR...simply wait for a defense. Its hard sometimes as an Acolyte warrior type to wait for the defenses to engage your enemy, but its sometimes your best bet for success.

I think all in all you have to think a bit more when you are a Scribe and not just tuck your head into your shoulders and plow into the fray because its your Duty.

All in all you played a good character. But you teetered the line between Maran and Acolyte, which most do when they try to play a deathful Scribe.

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

Kaeciln (Guest)Sat 25-Feb-06 10:02 AM

#46131, "You insane little weasel fish!"
In response to Reply #1

You were hilarious, you had no defensive abilities whatsoever just pure insane "Go get 'em!!" Sorry I could not aid you a bit more and get you a few more levels so you could get some decent legacies to help you out. It was always a pleasure having you around, crazy Elf.

About Elven warriors: they are pretty much dead meat until you hero them and have your skills/legacies working together seamlessly. Karel could give you pointers if you wish to play another, so far I am not so deadly just very crazy at times.

Please make another character, it is a lot of fun having you about.

shamanmanSat 25-Feb-06 11:12 AM
244 posts
#46139, "...ehehehe:P (stxt)"
In response to Reply #11

thanks a lot for all the gear you gave me, it helped me out..for, you know, the hour or so I had it before I lost it again.

Kaeciln (Guest)Mon 27-Feb-06 11:47 AM

#46175, "I was cheering for you to get a defensive spec! :P"
In response to Reply #19

That is why I was pushing for you to take that polearm. You could literally charge into dangerous situations that way. Besides a 8 "stone" polearm made for an Elf is just abusive by nature.

Daggers to bleed and weaken them, then the polearm for legsweep and cutoff. I think it would be a sick combination in a brave player.

Alriac (Guest)Sat 25-Feb-06 10:41 AM

#46132, "RE: Who woulda guessed it was me? G-byes enclosed!"
In response to Reply #1

Fine forget me then. Anyway this guy reminded me of some of my battleragers in the past, ballsy, gutsy, and just plain mean. I awlays saw you as a ghost, but that's a good thing. Hope your next dagger goes a bit better, now that you know the ropes

Later
A

shamanmanSat 25-Feb-06 11:13 AM
244 posts
#46140, "RE: Who woulda guessed it was me? G-byes enclosed!"
In response to Reply #12

Thats an awesome compliment. You were a cool captain and I wished I'd gone scribe so I coulda interacted with you more. On the other hand, you'd better keep on trucking. Fort needs ya, you're a beast.

Artisle (Guest)Sat 25-Feb-06 12:07 PM

#46142, "Very True"
In response to Reply #1

The bane of a felar pole until he hits 44 is going to be getting weakened. Well, until 40 and I have another spec to use. You did what you had to do, but with you not flying, it was easy to keep you in battle when things did go my way. Great job, shocked you struck when I had guards with me though.

Artisle

PS Very balls to the wall, very nice

Ikajio (Guest)Sat 25-Feb-06 02:24 PM

#46143, "RE: Who woulda guessed it was me? G-byes enclosed!"
In response to Reply #1

Great Character. You did not give a fizzle and would just through yourself at me in town, that last time we went back and forth you almost had me, thank god for gold and a healer. The only time I didn't like what you did is when you came to defend the outlanders, though it can be justified. I just don't like the fact that outlanders will kill the leader of the marans any chance they get, con kill him if they can, and yet the fortress and acolytes still go out of their way to help the outlanders. Rather lame.
Tough warrior, for an elf

shamanmanSat 25-Feb-06 02:29 PM
244 posts
#46144, "A few words for you:"
In response to Reply #23

####ING LIGHT WEIGHT HEAVY AVG IRON WHIP. #### YOU MAN, #### YOU. . Other than that, awesome job and I can tell you're going places.

Ysaloerye (Guest)Sat 25-Feb-06 09:25 PM

#46150, "Har not bad for a boneyarse"
In response to Reply #1

I have to admit I kept checking my notes thinkin you were an applicant since you seemed to have almost set up camp ouside the giant for a short time. Just fighting tooth and nail, it didn't take long to figure out who was behind Terseti!
Good tenatious play, you have to get the award for most agressive acolyte in while =0>

Alenysi (Guest)Sun 26-Feb-06 12:21 AM

#46153, "And no mention of me..."
In response to Reply #1

The healer who saved your little arse...a few times Its cool, I am not important, everyone forget the healer. I am not surprised it was you though, actually...hehe...I knew peryll, so yeah. Good times. I liked you, but the thought of you as a scribe never made sense to me(to me you acted like a maran completely, but..meh, whatever). Anyway see ya around.

AarnMon 27-Feb-06 09:38 AM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
#46173, "RE: Who woulda guessed it was me? G-byes enclosed!"
In response to Reply #1

Man, you sure made a lot out of the con you had. From what I saw, you would charge in to anything. I was thinking you would be Maran material fairly soon, then I realised you had like, 8 deaths left. Then you were dead! Well, next time I'll try to be faster and you try to be slower. Deal?

Good luck with your next!

Aarn?

WhiteRavenMon 27-Feb-06 05:52 PM
Member since 03rd Jan 2005
37 posts
#46181, "I don't think you can make Scribes Maran nt"
In response to Reply #28

right?

shamanmanMon 27-Feb-06 09:07 PM
244 posts
#46186, "Deal, big A, deal:) nt"
In response to Reply #28

f

Azqaxazr (Guest)Mon 27-Feb-06 10:06 AM

#46174, "RE: Who woulda guessed it was me? G-byes enclosed!"
In response to Reply #1

>Ilthuria: Holy. ####. I swear, I dont want to KNOW how many
>times you assassinated me. At first, I viewed the three or so
>dark-elf assassins as meat. The first time you and I met I
>sent you scurrying and whenever I met Azqaxazr I sent her
>scurrying. After that first time though, I got assassinated.
>Over. and Over. and Over. and Over....AND OVER!!!

Reading this, I'm sad that I missed out on the assassinate fest. The problem with an elf dagger spec is that you're practically begging to be assassinated. First, you have an easily exploited vuln. Second, you're not very good at bashing and don't have a lagging weapon spec skill. Three, you're wielding a weapon assassins can parry quite well. That makes you almost the ideal target from a risk point of view.

You're right, though- in melee you absolutely toasted me, and that was with poor gear, without exploiting my vuln and without even using most of your spec skills. That one time we fought in the sewers, I think you hit me six times in three rounds without ever landing a normal melee hit. One stab, four concealed attacks and one elf quickstrike.

Sort of makes me want to play a duergar dagger spec. Yar.

Lekajab (Guest)Mon 27-Feb-06 06:22 PM

#46182, "Damn, I was diggin watchin you rank up"
In response to Reply #1

When I first saw you I was like, heh, an elf scribe dagger spec? Wow, this guys either really bad ass, or totally clueless.
You somehow managed to pull of both roles,
Can't say I expected you to hero, but I woulda liked too =P.
Anyway, hope to see much more out of you, and stay with dagger specs, you'll figure em out, they ROCK

shamanmanMon 27-Feb-06 09:06 PM
244 posts
#46185, ":P oh well stxt"
In response to Reply #32

You were my idle, after looking at your logs I took your specs and twisted them into my own creation..I let you down

Lekajab (Guest)Tue 28-Feb-06 01:28 AM

#46188, "Jeez"
In response to Reply #33

Now you got me all blushing and ####, I'm not that good, heh
But I'll try and live up to your standards =P
Hopefully I'll see another bright burning elf sooner or later?

shamanmanTue 28-Feb-06 07:19 PM
244 posts
#46201, "Eh, maybe. I'm liking dark-elf more, I think:P nt"
In response to Reply #35

f

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #46119 Previous topic | Next topic