Subject: "Gone for good now." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #46021
Show all folders

Varthardath (Guest)Wed 22-Feb-06 10:31 PM

#46021, "Gone for good now."

Well, this was my second come-back character - or, rather, attempt.

Watching villagers raiding together with marans, who are dressed in pure magical stuff made me sad and killed 30% of fun.

First defeat by a villager (he knows who is he) and having everything sacrificed killed rest of fun.

For morons like this one: you want to minimize the playerbase? Interesting game you will have. All in all, I'm gone now.

Vart/Niaz.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Gone for good now., Isildur, 22-Feb-06 05:53 PM, #37
Reply Won't work. With such attitude I'll get booted first. I..., anti, 24-Feb-06 03:30 AM, #40
Reply Hi Pot, this is kettle, your black, Aurilinius (Guest), 21-Feb-06 01:47 PM, #12
Reply I generally endorse this post. (n/t), nepenthe, 21-Feb-06 02:39 PM, #13
Reply RE: Hi Pot, this is kettle, your black, Varthardath (Guest), 21-Feb-06 03:29 PM, #14
Reply RE: Hi Pot, this is kettle, your black, nepenthe, 21-Feb-06 03:33 PM, #15
Reply RE: Hi Pot, this is kettle, your black, Varthardath (Guest), 21-Feb-06 03:45 PM, #19
     Reply Thats the problem, Minyar1 (Guest), 21-Feb-06 08:30 PM, #21
     Reply Um, please don't speak for me., Doobage (Guest), 22-Feb-06 08:56 AM, #34
     Reply RE: Hi Pot, this is kettle, your black, nepenthe, 21-Feb-06 09:08 PM, #22
     Reply Why was the log of what he is talking about removed, Ne..., Me (Guest), 21-Feb-06 10:07 PM, #23
          Reply Got me. I didn't do it and I never saw the log. (n/t), nepenthe, 21-Feb-06 10:25 PM, #24
          Reply You guys need a feature like we have., The Forsaken- (Guest), 21-Feb-06 11:10 PM, #25
               Reply We do., Valguarnera, 22-Feb-06 02:53 AM, #29
          Reply Me!, Valguarnera, 22-Feb-06 02:51 AM, #39
     Reply RE: Hi Pot, this is kettle, your black, A2, 22-Feb-06 02:45 AM, #28
          Reply Yes, guess you are right., Varthardath (Guest), 22-Feb-06 06:07 AM, #30
               Reply How about, Villager (Guest), 22-Feb-06 10:14 AM, #36
                    Reply haha my 2 copper, throtsie (Guest), 22-Feb-06 06:06 PM, #38
Reply Additionally:, nepenthe, 21-Feb-06 03:38 PM, #17
Reply Addendum, Varthardath (Guest), 21-Feb-06 03:42 PM, #18
Reply RE: Hi Pot, this is kettle, your black, Vesacha (Guest), 21-Feb-06 06:32 PM, #20
     Reply Two Words - Locate Object (A walkthrough of how this ha..., Aurilinius (Guest), 22-Feb-06 12:55 AM, #26
          Reply This is a huge grey area..., Kruuank (Guest), 22-Feb-06 02:09 AM, #27
          Reply I direct you..., nepenthe, 22-Feb-06 08:33 AM, #32
          Reply RE: Two Words - Locate Object (A walkthrough of how thi..., Varthardath (Guest), 22-Feb-06 06:12 AM, #31
               Reply You are wrong...and you really should drop it., Crugald (Guest), 22-Feb-06 08:34 AM, #33
                    Reply I can't., anti, 22-Feb-06 09:15 AM, #35
Reply Why was the log deleted?, Guamel (Guest), 21-Feb-06 12:27 PM, #11
Reply RE: Gone for good now., Dullvega (Guest), 21-Feb-06 12:26 PM, #10
Reply Man, you delete now but you could......, Krekaw (Guest), 21-Feb-06 05:29 AM, #9
Reply RE: Man, you delete now but you could......, Varthardath (Guest), 21-Feb-06 03:37 PM, #16
Reply Well for the most part, Another_Vill (Guest), 20-Feb-06 08:02 PM, #8
Reply RE: Gone for good now., Vesacha (Guest), 20-Feb-06 06:53 PM, #5
Reply Rats, I was hoping to see more of you. :(, Saroiya (Guest), 20-Feb-06 06:41 PM, #4
Reply RE: Gone for good now., nepenthe, 20-Feb-06 06:28 PM, #3
Reply well not to bash on nepenthe, villager (Guest), 20-Feb-06 07:26 PM, #6
     Reply Well, not to bash on you..., nepenthe, 20-Feb-06 07:33 PM, #7
Reply Not that it will swing your decision, Crug (Guest), 20-Feb-06 04:57 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Not that it will swing your decision, Varthardath (Guest), 20-Feb-06 05:15 PM, #2

IsildurWed 22-Feb-06 05:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46099, "RE: Gone for good now."
In response to Reply #0

>Watching villagers raiding together with marans, who are
>dressed in pure magical stuff made me sad and killed 30% of
>fun.

Think how much fun it would have been to roll a villager, make leader, then boot all of them.

antiFri 24-Feb-06 03:30 AM
Member since 23rd Dec 2005
175 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46111, "Won't work. With such attitude I'll get booted first. I..."
In response to Reply #37

Aurilinius (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 01:47 PM

#46050, "Hi Pot, this is kettle, your black"
In response to Reply #0

Thu Dec 22 10:25:20 2005 by 'Aarn' at level 47 (365 hrs):
This guy is kind of a bitch... without fail he full loots every kill, even if he just ganked the guy down 5-1.

Fri Dec 30 14:07:25 2005 by 'Khasotholas' at level 47 (413 hrs):
While full looting isn't my cup of tea, that doesn't make anyone a bitch.

I don't know, but maybe you should not do things that turn you off to the game to other people. First, your full looting makes them more likely to do it back to you, and second, it's pretty much a ####head move anyway.

Further, I can say that with my last Fort char, I raided with the villagers probably 6-7 times and defended their giant 3-4, but none of these was due to them telling me to come help. I would bet that 8 out of the ten times, I was told to leave, which I didn't, because I hunt evil wherever it goes, and probably 3 of the then times I was attacked afterwords, and would have been attacked more often if I didn't word right after the Empire fled. You have to understand that as one character you don't see everything, and if you really have a problem with a group of people, you should play that group next to show them how it is done, but 99% of the time, it will be you that has the awakening.

nepentheTue 21-Feb-06 02:39 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46051, "I generally endorse this post. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #12

Varthardath (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 03:29 PM

#46052, "RE: Hi Pot, this is kettle, your black"
In response to Reply #12

First, full looting is not equal to full sacrificing, it is obvious. Or not?

Second, I've full looted only those who did it to me/my citizens. Fair game.

Third, I knew everyone whom I looted and there were a reason.

Last, many times I've returned/left thigns in corpse.

nepentheTue 21-Feb-06 03:33 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46053, "RE: Hi Pot, this is kettle, your black"
In response to Reply #14

>First, full looting is not equal to full sacrificing, it is
>obvious. Or not?

If I don't have any gear after I die, what the #### do I care whether you donated it, took it and dumped it in your pit, or sacrificed it on the spot?

Varthardath (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 03:45 PM

#46057, "RE: Hi Pot, this is kettle, your black"
In response to Reply #15

You go and reequip.
You ask if there is anything to return.
You at least know that your thigs was taken for someone else (in Niazuruzain's case - to bloodoaths or other naked imperials).
But you know that your things was not taken just to piss you off. To me, there is a huge difference.

Minyar1 (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 08:30 PM

#46067, "Thats the problem"
In response to Reply #19

You are the only one who things there is a difference.

I can guarantee that 99% of the people reading these posts agrees that you are not one to talk about this, nor complain about it. I full-sacced someones gear once with my shifter...because they kept getting it back and coming back and attacking me while I tried to get the fetish back...that was the only time. I felt sorta bad afterward, but I knew it would come full circle, and it did.

Seriously, if your going to quit, quit...but don't quit because you think you are right and the other million are wrong.

Doobage (Guest)Wed 22-Feb-06 08:56 AM

#46088, "Um, please don't speak for me."
In response to Reply #21

"You are the only one who things there is a difference."

Actually, in my opinion, there is a huge difference between full saccing and actually taking the gear to use/give to cabalmates. Thats just me though.

nepentheTue 21-Feb-06 09:08 PM
3430 posts
#46068, "RE: Hi Pot, this is kettle, your black"
In response to Reply #19

>But you know that your things was not taken just to piss you
>off.

I don't know that. I just know it's gone when I get back to my corpse. (Hypothetically speaking)

You might have sacced it all already by the time I get there. You might have grabbed it, only to sac it all five minutes later. You might have given it all to a mob I can't or won't kill. You might have bartered it all for trap ingredients on a lark.

I don't know, and I probably don't care.

Me (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 10:07 PM

#46071, "Why was the log of what he is talking about removed, Ne..."
In response to Reply #22

n/t

nepentheTue 21-Feb-06 10:25 PM
3430 posts
#46072, "Got me. I didn't do it and I never saw the log. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #23

The Forsaken- (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 11:10 PM

#46073, "You guys need a feature like we have."
In response to Reply #24

Where if the post is deleted, the administrators (those high enough) can still view it and the subsequent responses. We sometimes use this feature to restore the thread or discuss denials/bans. Or laugh at boneheads.

ValguarneraWed 22-Feb-06 02:53 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46079, "We do."
In response to Reply #25

I can stash posts away if they're worth a discussion. That one wasn't a 'gray area' case, though.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

ValguarneraWed 22-Feb-06 10:31 PM
6904 posts
#46078, "Me!"
In response to Reply #23

If you're just posting logs to make obnoxious editorial comments, we'll defuse the flame war. If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't post.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

A2Wed 22-Feb-06 02:45 AM
371 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46077, "RE: Hi Pot, this is kettle, your black"
In response to Reply #19

You full looted my last char, who always fought alone and who did not full loot anyone (so far as I can remember). I don't really care what you did with it, I don't even care that you did it. Just pick yourself up, pretend like you have a pair, and keep playing. FFS what is the big deal?

Varthardath (Guest)Wed 22-Feb-06 06:07 AM

#46081, "Yes, guess you are right."
In response to Reply #28

Moment of anger passed. I still see there are people worth playing. And if some ####head wants to piss me off, that won't work anymore.
So I'm going back to sacrifice pissvillagers!

Villager (Guest)Wed 22-Feb-06 11:31 AM

#46092, "How about"
In response to Reply #30

Instead of being such a chump, you TRY to play a villager and see how things are on the other side of the looking glass.
I guarentee you, villagers are left naked more than any other cabal, so if you rage delete an imperial (probably one of the easiest cabals to regear because there are always full looting) then you won't even get close to hero with your villager.
There's the gauntlet, pick it up.

throtsie (Guest)Wed 22-Feb-06 06:06 PM

#46100, "haha my 2 copper"
In response to Reply #36

In the past i have noticed a lot of times I would get full looted and honestly every time i die I never expect to see a single item back but with throt I have been full looted maybe 3 times.. I don't know if its folks just showing mutual respect or what but full looting is at an all time low in cf history at the moment and its kinda cool.

nepentheTue 21-Feb-06 03:38 PM
3430 posts
#46055, "Additionally:"
In response to Reply #14

>Last, many times I've returned/left thigns in corpse.

This is possibly true, but I've never personally witnessed it, and I saw dozens of kills that Niazuruzain was involved in.

I don't really care if people full loot. I just think that the people who dish it out should be able to take it. (Or at least, should write a role that says their character is essentially a huge ####-hypocrite hybrid.) If you're going to be one of the top 5 full looters of 2005, that's cool, but don't cry about how people who full loot ruin the game when it happens to you.

This whole thread is like Stalin complaining that killing is wrong.

Varthardath (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 03:42 PM

#46056, "Addendum"
In response to Reply #12

And, by the way, I keep Aarn and Khas comments concerning looting in mind and followed 'leave unneeded stuff' idea as this character. Saddly, I was rewarded the worst way.

Vesacha (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 06:32 PM

#46065, "RE: Hi Pot, this is kettle, your black"
In response to Reply #12

I have very few times gone to retrieve from the village without at least one fortie/lightwalker (not battle) in my range showed up. I have never played a rager nor fortie, so I can't tell how this happens, it may be regular patrolling I don't know. But once used to it, it's part of the game, and often the village needs the help they can get.

Nepenthe should know as (s)he can se all sides, but I get the feeling of biasedness, not sure why, maybe paranoia.

Still it is fun, but it would definately serve the Empire better if they could start waring a little, but the Empire may be too strong then.

Aurilinius (Guest)Wed 22-Feb-06 12:55 AM

#46075, "Two Words - Locate Object (A walkthrough of how this ha..."
In response to Reply #20

Fort guy logs on and is either

A. Told by other fort people that the Codex or Scepter is being held by the village (So they don't bother going to get it)
B. You go to take the Scepter or Codex, and the villagers arrived at the same time, so you know the village has it. Out of many times I was raiding at the same time as the villagers, there was never a time where I was like 'tell villager 'I'm going to raid the Empire/Chasm, but need some help.'

Chances most often are the odds become winnable for both sides at somewhat close to the same time

Then, when you know that the village has the chasm's item, and your doing 'who pk' you see that all of a sudden Scion/Empire outnumbers the village, so you start hanging out on Eastern, waiting for a raid to occur. And try to catch them while they are engaging the village. In no way is this poor roleplaying for either the villager, who communicated absolutely nothing other then 'You get the hell out of here!' after it is over, or the Fortressite, who is trying to get the best chance of killing the Wicked.

Kruuank (Guest)Wed 22-Feb-06 02:09 AM

#46076, "This is a huge grey area..."
In response to Reply #26

But in general, I see the game correctly squewed to protect the goodies a bit more.

Example, usually, Empire wars with Scion. Empire wars with Evil Outlanders. Scion war with Evil Tribunals(usually) and we have recently seen that Evil Outlanders cannot aid the Scions.

Therefore, while the Fortress has and will use other cabals to gank, it seems the IMMs are cool with it, so just suck it up.

The game is still a lot of fun people, even with the occasional knob playing (now to knock out my girlfriend so I can roll a character...)

nepentheWed 22-Feb-06 08:33 AM
3430 posts
#46086, "I direct you..."
In response to Reply #27

to the post I just wrote in response to Anti on Gameplay. Not the sass-talking so much as information you're probably not aware of.

Varthardath (Guest)Wed 22-Feb-06 06:12 AM

#46082, "RE: Two Words - Locate Object (A walkthrough of how thi..."
In response to Reply #26

Yes, but not when they both having their items (orb, head) and coming together to take the codex - as usually happens nowdays. It's not a coincidences - it could happen once or twice, but NOT when maran comes and waiting by the vanquisher when villagers arrive.

Crugald (Guest)Wed 22-Feb-06 08:34 AM

#46087, "You are wrong...and you really should drop it."
In response to Reply #31

As a "neutral" bystander who was often around the Palace when they had the codex, i can attest to seeing and fighting Maran there...and then having ragers coming along as well.

The conspiracy theories really need to stop, and no self-respecting villager who can fight them is going to ask for help in that way. If they do, chances are fairly good Ordasen or Kasty might be showing them the door. At least, that is how it was not long ago.

Play the other side of the coin before you start thinking you "know everything about CF." I've been playing for nine years and there are still race/class combos I've never played. Heck, I still have yet to role a Paladin, Healer, or a ranger since they lost bears. I've played one necro and one AP and I sucked with them. I've yet to play a maran, a tribunal, a scarab, or a herald.

So...my suggestion...stop whining, roll something and kick all their butts. Don't like how the Fortress acts, roll a maran and play it to your best...and change it from the inside.

antiWed 22-Feb-06 09:15 AM
Member since 23rd Dec 2005
175 posts
#46089, "I can't."
In response to Reply #33

I thought of playing maran/battle again. Yet I can't, because I know - I'll be surrounded by players that I... do not like, at least. Playing one of them would be a pain, though perhaps it's only a way to change something. Perhaps, when I tire of all that ####, I'll do that. It will be a quite sacrificing timewaste and probably that won't work, too.

Guamel (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 12:27 PM

#46048, "Why was the log deleted?"
In response to Reply #0

He called it out in his post, making his little rant. The actual event was posted. His char is dead and as the only living char I posted it. Why was it deleted?

Dullvega (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 12:26 PM

#46047, "RE: Gone for good now."
In response to Reply #0

Heh, it's kind of interesting that we met with our first characters after Dulmisa-Niazrurzain. That's all I'm going to say, *wink*.

Krekaw (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 05:29 AM

#46036, "Man, you delete now but you could......"
In response to Reply #0

have atleast died to me last night. That guardian sword would have looked nice on my new buckskin belt. Nah, seriously, dont let anyone else BS spoil your fun, just get on with getting on.

P.S. I missed you by a whisker dammit!

Varthardath (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 03:37 PM

#46054, "RE: Man, you delete now but you could......"
In response to Reply #9

Yes, I'd like to. At least you could RP your victory instead of sacrificing everything.

And I wouldn't mind simple death, that's allright. But when some ####head sacrificing everything, that's means 'You are not welcome here'. What most sad, those who do that will be rewarded and will continue do that. Maybe I'll chill out and return (since from all games I play only CF from year to year ), but many other players will leave forever. Will it be fun to play game without players? I don't think so. Is there any way to prevent such things? I guess there are many.

Another_Vill (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 08:02 PM

#46033, "Well for the most part"
In response to Reply #0

you really don't know what you are talking about.
Usually when heros fight a someone falls its not the people who were fighting that gets the gear(especially during raid/retrievals) but the lowbie jackals standing about drooling. Personally I don't full loot even though 9/10 when I fall I get #### back especially Empire. So don't whine about it.
Finally I agree with Nep (as I usually do) don't force your RP on a cabal your not part of, you have no idea what goes on between those cabals, there is quite a bit of hostility. Also some who are over friendly, but before you go throwing your stones go live in the village glass house.

Vesacha (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 06:53 PM

#46030, "RE: Gone for good now."
In response to Reply #0

Currently the village is warring the Empire fiercely, I don't know the reason (I am guessing boredom caused by their love affair with the fortress.) It ain't that funny to tell you the truth, I would rather war with the Fortress since they carry better gear and are more fun as characters I think; but what is less funny is that if folks like you don't play. Roll up another Imperial and eat the death and rejoice in the kills you make, it's the characters that count.

Vesacha/A little new one.

Saroiya (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 06:41 PM

#46029, "Rats, I was hoping to see more of you. :("
In response to Reply #0

I'm sorry someone spoiled your fun. Your leaving is a blow to the mud and I for one will miss you. It's also too bad for you, because you KNOW it would have felt good to nail that bastard and give him his just desserts.

nepentheMon 20-Feb-06 06:28 PM
3430 posts
#46028, "RE: Gone for good now."
In response to Reply #0

>Watching villagers raiding together with marans, who are
>dressed in pure magical stuff made me sad and killed 30% of
>fun.

Probably, you would have more fun if you didn't try to impose RP restrictions upon cabals you don't play, that they actually don't have.

Just assume your enemies will do everything dirty possible, from your character's perspective, and don't get OOC worked up about it.

villager (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 07:26 PM

#46031, "well not to bash on nepenthe"
In response to Reply #3

But villagers allowing other cabals to raid with them has gone in and out of being an actual restriction. Regardless of wether or not its a permanent restriction I would hope any villager has at the very least reservations about cooperating with other cabals except for when they are hopelessly outnumberd.

Battle is the only cabal with a parity policy. The policy exists because ragers are (supposed to be) that badass. From a role viewpoint though I see it as the best warriors in the lands actually acting like it as opposed to empire or maran who consistantly have the best ganks in the land.

But current village leadership has deemed it not only ok to raid with fortress but actually boots those individuals who say hey we don't play that way and try to make a stand against the maran+village gank-smackings of empire.

nepentheMon 20-Feb-06 07:33 PM
3430 posts
#46032, "Well, not to bash on you..."
In response to Reply #6

But let's not have this discussion.

It obviously involves your current character, and your view of something that happened which coincidentally does not line up with what I think happened there.

Crug (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 04:57 PM

#46022, "Not that it will swing your decision"
In response to Reply #0

However, I think CF is on an upswing of pk friendliness. Most people are returning things...for some reason the Village seems to be the exception to this, and really, unless things are magical, they should leave it, but thats just my opinion.

I admit that in the past I've been a full-looter, saccer, and sometimes I will do it, but only if "I" think I have a justified reason.

However, I kinda decided I'd take a "Man in the Mirror" approach (I hate to quote a michael Jackson song) where if I don't, they will stop as well.

Between my Outlander chars and most trib chars, it started to work. There was one time where I just quit out and didn't care much about the EQ.

Don't leave forever friend, just try something different, that is easy to equip. A great warrior is.

Varthardath (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 05:15 PM

#46023, "RE: Not that it will swing your decision"
In response to Reply #1

Re-equipping is not a problem, especially for a warrior. I gather 45+ dam within 20 minutes by myself. It's principe. When I've been full looting, I knew that:
1. I'll drop things in palace and someone will use them;
2. I'll return things if asked (most of them);
3. I'll donate most valuable things;
4. I'll full loot those who full looted their foes;
5. I'll full loot those who insulted my character.

Yet I never sacrificed someone's stuff, just to piss them off. Sacrificing things means (to me) something like '#### off and don't even think of playing this, MY game again!'.

This is sick. I have enough sickness in RL. So thank you for cheers, but no.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #46021 Previous topic | Next topic