Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Crugald Blackrock the Crimson Rea..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45965
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 19-Feb-06 07:48 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45965, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Crugald Blackrock the Crimson Reaper"

Sun Feb 19 18:45:39 2006

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Crugald perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:146

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply The mistake is gone., Minyar, 19-Feb-06 10:53 PM, #2
Reply After reading my pbf., Minyar, 19-Feb-06 11:00 PM, #3
Reply RE: After reading my pbf., nepenthe, 19-Feb-06 11:33 PM, #6
Reply RE: The mistake is gone., Alidove (Guest), 19-Feb-06 11:25 PM, #4
Reply Conjies, Crug (Guest), 20-Feb-06 09:53 AM, #21
     Reply oh..so I forgot my comment about Conjies, Crug (Guest), 20-Feb-06 09:56 AM, #22
Reply Question for the IMMS, Lightmaged (Guest), 19-Feb-06 11:29 PM, #5
Reply RE: Question for the IMMS, nepenthe, 19-Feb-06 11:43 PM, #7
     Reply Cool, Lightmaged (Guest), 20-Feb-06 12:34 AM, #10
Reply RE: The mistake is gone., Thrugald (Guest), 20-Feb-06 12:02 AM, #8
Reply Heh, Crug (Guest), 20-Feb-06 09:34 AM, #19
Reply RE: The mistake is gone., Karel, 20-Feb-06 12:17 AM, #9
Reply Nethlin, Crug (Guest), 20-Feb-06 08:21 AM, #18
     Reply RE: Nethlin, Karel, 20-Feb-06 11:50 AM, #27
Reply RE: The mistake is gone., Nreisshe (Guest), 20-Feb-06 01:53 AM, #11
Reply Yeah..., Crug (Guest), 20-Feb-06 08:18 AM, #17
Reply RE: The mistake is gone., Grunlath (Guest), 20-Feb-06 03:17 AM, #12
Reply Most of our fights, Crugald (Guest), 20-Feb-06 08:07 AM, #15
Reply Crugald, Ilimya (Guest), 20-Feb-06 03:19 AM, #13
Reply Thanks, Ilimya (Guest), 20-Feb-06 09:57 AM, #23
Reply Kind of Cheap, Crysseara (Guest), 20-Feb-06 08:07 AM, #14
Reply I didn't like you either., Crug (Guest), 20-Feb-06 08:14 AM, #16
     Reply RE: I didn't like you either., nepenthe, 20-Feb-06 01:12 PM, #28
          Reply Ouch, comparing me to Hammer, Crugald (Guest), 20-Feb-06 01:54 PM, #29
          Reply RE: Ouch, comparing me to Hammer, nepenthe, 20-Feb-06 02:11 PM, #31
               Reply Last response*, Crug (Guest), 20-Feb-06 02:41 PM, #32
                    Reply I had a rager with Nep's tattoo, too., Graatchman (Guest), 20-Feb-06 03:28 PM, #34
                         Reply Sure was, I thought Intronan's did something like that ..., Crug (Guest), 20-Feb-06 04:11 PM, #35
          Reply However, Dwoggurd, 20-Feb-06 02:04 PM, #30
               Reply Heralds never got me, they tried., Crug (Guest), 20-Feb-06 02:42 PM, #33
Reply RE: The mistake is gone., Caroolth (Guest), 20-Feb-06 09:42 AM, #20
Reply The kind of character I admire, Crug (Guest), 20-Feb-06 10:00 AM, #24
Reply RE: The mistake is gone., gyhrean (Guest), 20-Feb-06 10:34 AM, #25
Reply Well..., Crugald (Guest), 20-Feb-06 11:01 AM, #26
Reply Hmm....., Gryshilniar, 20-Feb-06 05:58 PM, #36
Reply You were fierce, Crug (Guest), 20-Feb-06 08:10 PM, #37
Reply For the Record, Kipli (Guest), 21-Feb-06 08:14 AM, #38
Reply Outlanders, Crugald (Guest), 21-Feb-06 09:07 AM, #39
Reply RE: The mistake is gone., Amaranthe, 21-Feb-06 04:15 PM, #40
Reply I agree, Crugald (Guest), 21-Feb-06 06:18 PM, #42
Reply Farewell Crugald..., Aeria (Guest), 21-Feb-06 05:48 PM, #41
Reply Fire Beetles, Crug (Guest), 21-Feb-06 08:21 PM, #43
     Reply RE: Fire Beetles, Aeria (Guest), 21-Feb-06 09:34 PM, #44
Reply RE: The mistake is gone., Haageran (Guest), 22-Feb-06 01:16 PM, #45
     Reply Funny thing there., Minyar, 22-Feb-06 01:53 PM, #46
Reply What!? Ack!, Drifelda (Guest), 19-Feb-06 08:34 PM, #1

MinyarSun 19-Feb-06 10:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45977, "The mistake is gone."
In response to Reply #0

What can I say, I chose to follow Amaranthe, wrote a role started working on it, started to love the character and then noticed that Amaranthe doesn't accept evils. I had to prove that I was different, and I tried to. I'm not sure that I did a very good job of it. That first task of killing a necro was horrible. At the time, there weren't hardly any necros around and well, they could just tool me until I got sanctuary. When I finally got that one necro, I was so happy.

Anyway, lets get through the first major issue I had.

Not long after I heroed I got transed to ROTD with two other people. We were accused of cheating and being a perma. This is where the character began to lose its fun aspect. The trouble was that Juol and I had ranked up from the mid 20's together. It honestly just happened that he and I play from the same timezone and have the same kind of hours for working and what not. Well, Shaman and Giant together are a sick combo, and when he chose the bash legacy of his own volition, well, apparently that helped them decide it was what they thought it was.

Alright, so let me get my gripe out of the way. I've been playing this game since like six months after it began, and I've "cheated" once. IT was my first character and Shokai busted me as a mort to Cador. I honestly didn't know the rules then, and well, ignorance is not an excuse is how the line goes. Lesson learned. However, in nine years playing this game you meet a lot of people, cool people, dumb people, all kinds. What is funny is, the night I got transsed I killed a friend of mine three times because he is maran and had attacked me. Thats how we play this game, we have friends, but we don't work together to make some awesome combo. I like standing alone as much as in a group, and I think I proved that time and again through my characters and with Crugald. So, though I love you guys, you Imms kinda killed it for me, and I hope that the other two guys weren't completely turned off. However, I haven't seen them since that night, which saddens me, they were both good outlanders, and both tried hard.

Second gripe - I was stupid and didn't know Amaranthe's religion well enough. When basically the crone told me I had little shot of anything, I was like, screw it, I can make something else and be happier in life. I waited to see what Title I might get, and I thought it was great, thanks for that.

Third gripe - Leaders of cabals who don't show up very often, and when they do, they aren't around. It seems a lot of people have this disease where when they get leader, they show up less often. Props to Aeria, Grysh, Grunlath for not being one of those. Also those who get a great set, then never show up to use it, or never stick to fight cause they might lsoe it. Heh, when you see my pbf, you will see I had a good one, and well...I lost it to tribs cranialing me through a huge helm, oh well.

On to the goodbyes:

Friends:

Amaranthe: Thanks for giving me a chance, next time i make a follower, it wont be evil. DOn't worry about seeing me around Outlander for awhile, I'm kinda turned off to it right now, too many people.

Aeria: One of the better harbingers in awhile. Almost as good as Tjok. I didn't care much for the shifter that someone said you were almost as good as, so I'll give you the, you are better tattoo!

Thrug: I kinda always hoped you would want to spar with me, but it seems goodies in the tree don't care much to cause friction with the evils. I tried to cause a lot, and I'm sure Tredyn will agree. The only ones who should care about the rest, are the neutral ones, IMO.

Kipli: Stick it out bro, you are doing great from what I've seen. After playing an outlander invoker, I can say they are deadly and fun. I honestly will never understand invokers not going all paths though, as its really not much more time to learn them all.

Moras: I really started to like you, and I was glad you were around. Keep killing those marans for me now that I'm gone. Oh yeah, and worry less about the ragers, you'll live longer.

Grith: I thought you were a goodie for the longest time becaus Tredyn brought you in. I'm still not even sure what align you are.

I didn't have many friends outside of Outlander, write and I'll write back of course. On to the enemies.

Trib:
Falun - Well, he might read this, but he certainly can't respond. I thought Falun was a chicken most of the time. He fought me once in a fair fight with himself and Draltin. WE got him, then Draltin got me. It was a great fight. As for his comment about nobody coming to the spire when he was alone. Thats probably because everytime I was on, we had the scales already. (not that I got them, just that we had them)

Caroolth: You are doing the leader disappearing act. Get your butt back in there, and fight man, you were strong, just needed to learn to fight us better.

Draltin: You were a tough one, and you always were willing to fight. I admire that.

Gyrhean?: You and Caroolth got me good at the Captain. Good job with the time cranials.

Grunlath: You at least would fight, and I appreciated that. You did run quite a bit though, but its understandable. I will say this, you don't seem very good at coordinating your troops. There were times wehre we got you guys, or outgunned you with tactics and not people. Get them dogs all running in the same direction, and you guys won't need a "mob."

Grysh: We had a few good fights, but you just hit me too much and too fast for me to do much. I think I made you flee a few times, but not much. My only deaths to marans came at the hands of many, except for Vardenil who caught me afk once, and caught me in strengthen lag once.

The rest of you forties or anyone else, please feel free to post and I'll respond.

MinyarSun 19-Feb-06 11:00 PM
504 posts
#45978, "After reading my pbf."
In response to Reply #2

I have to say, screw you Nep.

nepentheSun 19-Feb-06 11:33 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45981, "RE: After reading my pbf."
In response to Reply #3

Fair enough. I've liked a ton of your characters a lot. This one, not so much. Not everyone can strike Nep gold every time out.

Alidove (Guest)Sun 19-Feb-06 11:25 PM

#45979, "RE: The mistake is gone."
In response to Reply #2

I thought you played a good shaman. I said in my goodbyes, you and Grunlath were two that I had no chance of beating if you werent engaged or hurting.

I would have accused Juol/Glekrand/Crugald of perma grouping as well. Only that I was playing ALOT during that time. I dont even know if Glekrand was the third person in question...

Its only because you all logged on and logged off within a close proximity. Were together everytime you were on together.

Thats just an observation from the sidelines. Knowing you are now, I wouldnt accuse you of that crap. You have history of solo guys. But you should at least understand how it looks from the sidelines.

ANyhow, put that bad experience behind you. Roll up an evil congie to blow off some steam, and start smoking people.

Crug (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 09:53 AM

#46001, "Conjies"
In response to Reply #4

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, I do understand how it looks, and I guess I'll just watch it from now on. Sometimes though, you jsut find yourself really liking another player and you interact. When you have the same playing times well...it just works. Oh well, we were told not to group with one another, and I think whoever that Imm was can attest that we didn't. I'm pretty sure the others are both gome

Crug (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 09:56 AM

#46002, "oh..so I forgot my comment about Conjies"
In response to Reply #21

I've played evil conjies a few times, and I just didn't like it. Too much sleeping and waiting around for what seemed like forever. I might try another sometime with the changes, but maybe not.

Lightmaged (Guest)Sun 19-Feb-06 11:29 PM

#45980, "Question for the IMMS"
In response to Reply #2

Alright, reading Crugald's comments.

Why are VERY Negative comments left out of the PBF IMM comments. Obviously the Immortal staff were making comments about cheating, ect. They brought him into the ROTD to discuss it. Ive noticed this with other chars who have deleted.

There had to be some Immortal warning comment: Keep an eye on these three, I think something is up!!

Is there a seperate Imm comment sheet we dont get to see.

Since you cant see them until dead and gone, I think it wouldnt hurt to see. Hell, would make a good read.

nepentheSun 19-Feb-06 11:43 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45982, "RE: Question for the IMMS"
In response to Reply #5

We've got some separate commentary tracking for rules-related things. It's for our eyes only at this point and it's going to remain that way for a few reasons.

1) Sometimes the comments we make as we notice things turn out to be red herrings. I don't want any player to have to catch grief on the forums because I saw something once that might have been dirty but turned out not to be.

2) The comments we make hint at some of the anti-cheating tools in our arsenal, and might make it easier to avoid them in the future.

3) Not every ROTD-style dealing we have with people needs to be public domain. I reserve the right to call people out about them in my own particular idiom, but I don't see the need for it to be every time.

Lightmaged (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 12:34 AM

#45986, "Cool"
In response to Reply #7

Just thought it would make some good reads. The Imm comments are the only reason I buy the PBFs, or what I read when I check em. More the merrior, but I see your points...

Thrugald (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 12:02 AM

#45983, "RE: The mistake is gone."
In response to Reply #2

There's two reasons I didn't spar with you. But first, let me say what I saw of Crugald I liked (and I've liked some of your past characters). I will admit I thought you might have been in a perma as well if I didn't know how hard it is to find groupmates as an evil outlander (so many possible groupmates are enemies) and that Outlander is a pretty isolating cabal to begin with.

So, I didn't fight you because for RP reasons for one. Sure, there was the align difference, but the main thing that made Thrugald just not want to be around you (and therefore made it difficult to start a fight) was that Crugald seemed very much like a character that was always running around, moving to kill someone with little patience/need for anyone else. Thrugald's very different in his style--perhaps opposite--but instead of really causing tension just seemed to keep my character away from yours unless it was necessary.

Second, you would have kicked my ass easily, and you know it If I were you and you wanted to start something, I would have just attacked me, but that's probably not how your character would have rolled.

I will say that I don't think the Nightreaver is as absent as you make her out to be, though I see (saw) you more often with my times. Hey, please be gentle with your next character and don't kill me too many times, eh?

Crug (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 09:34 AM

#45999, "Heh"
In response to Reply #8

Thanks for the compliment, I think you are about the only one who thinks I traveled alone. I gotta get over being so bitter about peoples perceptions I guess.

anyway, Thrugald was a beast in his own way. There is practically nobody that wasn't an enemy of mine. I couldn't group with Scions, most Ragers don't want to travel with priests. So my options were pretty limited.

Crug

KarelMon 20-Feb-06 12:17 AM
569 posts
#45985, "RE: The mistake is gone."
In response to Reply #2

Not even an honorable mention, you bastard. Liked hanging around with you, always nice having people on your side who know what the hell they're doing. Aside from that one little spat got along pretty well.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Crug (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 08:21 AM

#45998, "Nethlin"
In response to Reply #9

I didn't mention you because I talked about it all in your farewell. I liked Nethlin, aside from the time you told me to shut up. In my opinion, and of course, its just my opinion Evil outlanders need to be shaking things up in the tree. They need to be putting down the goodies and causing the neuts to lean their way. As for Scion...for years and years, ok, not years, but as long as I've played outlanders, and as long as Lyristeon was around we didn't take the Scepter. In fact, we could travel with scions and since he has been "dormant" it seems the other to Imms don't want this. I'd really like to hear why from them, or even from my buddy Lyristeon.

I have to find a char and concept that I won't get tired of at 150 hours.

KarelMon 20-Feb-06 11:50 AM
569 posts
#46007, "RE: Nethlin"
In response to Reply #18

I have to find a char and concept that I won't get tired of at 150 hours.

Preaching to the choir brother.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Nreisshe (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 01:53 AM

#45987, "RE: The mistake is gone."
In response to Reply #2

I suppose you'd be referring to me with the absentee leader thing, but I assure you I'm around almost every day, or at least try to be. My times are far from the "standard" US times, nor can I play at work even if I sometimes wish I could (there's only so much Java you can handle at one go, and I'm not talking about our military hero), so I can understand how it might seem I'm "never around" for someone who plays only US evenings or so. I'll trust that the imms can decide whether I'm fit for the job or not; I'm just trying my best.

From my point of view, I inducted you, saw you maybe three times in the several dozen hours since that, and then you deleted, which is a shame because I really could've used a ruthless shaman to beat up those nasty no-good Maran kids and you seemed pretty tough. It's about all I can say since we didn't meet more than that, so... good luck with the next.

P.S.
I'll also take the opportunity to make a public service announcement to possible evil Outlander candidates: I do keep dibs on people whom I know to be wannabes (for IC reasons, don't bother with written notes...) so I can try to talk when I see them, but if you never see me, approach the imms. I'm sure they love covering up for their slacking illiterate bum of a Nightreaver if need be.

Crug (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 08:18 AM

#45997, "Yeah..."
In response to Reply #11

I knew you were good, but I'm a selfish bastard and want the spot myself. The few times you were around, we didn't interact, which just seemed odd to me. I did like you from an IC standpoint. Oh well, I just need a break from outlander, in fact, I need to kill Outlanders for awhile! Since Outlander is basically warring with three cabals, well, that leaves a lot of choices open to me!

I should have just been happy to be an Outlander, but I wanted more. I never got the idea that you were around much from what people said, but then again, maybe they all just have the same playing times as me. That hateful Eastern Standard Time.

Grunlath (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 03:17 AM

#45989, "RE: The mistake is gone."
In response to Reply #2

I can honestly not remember one single time you did not run or teleport away when we fought alone. Not that it matters, but you brought it up.

Outlander shaman is particular nasty with the support you had. With that long walk towards the tree..summon is lethal.

Anyway is not about time to roll an imperial?

Crugald (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 08:07 AM

#45994, "Most of our fights"
In response to Reply #12

I would say most of our fights where I "ran" away were before I had heroed and could actually maledict you. Never underestimate your "black shroud" and its benefit. Also, I'd love to have my commune mana cut in half with your black channel ability. Priests in Empire have a lot, and I do mean, a lot of advantage over every other priest in the game. You were strong, I give you that, but I think it was more even than you believe.

Crug

Of course, its ok to disagree!

Ilimya (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 03:19 AM

#45990, "Crugald"
In response to Reply #2

Another action oriented character from you. And as usual you knew your class strengths. Crugald had that take-no-crap-attitude and was trying to stir up trouble most of the time, which I found endearing.

I didn't actively seek out to group with you, because...well, it just seems so unfair. I don't care about ganging, but I prefer to gang tough opponents and when our playing times meshed, there wasn't really any tough foes, just a couple of less strong fortress and newbie imperials. That's why I turned down your offers most of the time.

I would have loved to gang Falun though (I am only human, bear with me).

I can understand your reasons for looking for other fun. Outlanders have had many characters for some months now, I presume many of them active during your usual times.

Nreisshe have already adressed your critiscism about disappearing leaders. I can vouch for her playing often (at least in my book), just not at your times. In fact I find it an advantage that cabal leaders play at different times.

I hope you have more fun with your next. Seek me out for a fight, if I am still around.

Ilimya (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 09:57 AM

#46003, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #13

i liked Ilimya, quiet and a loner, a great character and I can identify with the loner character. I have a hard time playing anything patient, perhaps because patience is not a virtue I'm great with in life, hence never playing a character to age-death, con-death yes, age-death, nope. Someday I might be able to do it, but its gotta be the right thing.

Aaron

Crysseara (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 08:07 AM

#45993, "Kind of Cheap"
In response to Reply #2

I admired that you were willing to throw down with everything that moved, but the cheap shots you took in the Inn were disapointing. It was always either rotting low con people in the Inn, camped outside the Fortress or pretending you were Battle and ruling Eastern Road. I've liked your past characters a lot, I think you hit a wrong note with this one. Granted, I'm speaking from being on the enemy side of you, and I know you miss a lot of the good stuff when you only see a character aggressively.

I also thought you were a Juol/Glekrand/Crugald perma. I also couldn't help but wonder if you and Thrugald did that on purpose since you all seemed to start up at the same time.

Anyways - good luck with your next, try something not an Outlander!

Crug (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 08:14 AM

#45996, "I didn't like you either."
In response to Reply #14

The only thing you ever did to me was flee and fiend. So, lets not talk about "Cheap shots." I had my reasons for rotting a certain person or two. Xilla was annoying and would cry only when she died to me, didn't even bother to talk to me outside of that. And just whined that she "helped" us. Well, she also stopped the dwarves from dieing to me as well.

As for Sharwyn. I did it once, and would have left it at that, until I got ganged for doing it...and then attacked again by Therentine in jade mountains. So...i went and killed her again and him. Sorry, but I was playing an evil outlander. Nep can say I took "cheap" shots at people, but some of the people I took down a few times I know weren't newbies...just maybe new to the class.

I think the comments Nep made are unfair, and as for the perma. Toward the end of our learning, i thought to myself, I wonder what this looks like. However, three people who all have the same playing times and just happen to choose outlander, well, it looks bad, but it wasn't. However, I went on without them and i think Nep failed to watch all the times I was alone. And, as for camping at the Fortress...well, lets see, if Fort people came after me, with the exception of Haageran and Lekajab, they came at me in groups when I was alone.

Honestly, I'll say screw all of the haters!

nepentheMon 20-Feb-06 01:12 PM
3430 posts
#46008, "RE: I didn't like you either."
In response to Reply #16

>As for Sharwyn. I did it once, and would have left it at
>that, until I got ganged for doing it...and then attacked
>again by Therentine in jade mountains. So...i went and killed
>her again and him. Sorry, but I was playing an evil
>outlander. Nep can say I took "cheap" shots at people, but
>some of the people I took down a few times I know weren't
>newbies...just maybe new to the class.

Man, listen to yourself! Seriously, read what you just wrote. You're saying that killed a Herald, and the righteous wrath of Herald was too much for you, so you had to sink below their level to beat them.

I saw a handful of Crugald solo fights; I didn't see any that didn't involve, for example, opponents that weren't Heralds lounging in the Inn or players with 1-70 PK ratios.

You're a veteran player who has produced some great, great characters. To see you reduced to trying to kill Heralds while actual enemies of the Outlander cabal in your range are running around, even a part of the time, feels to me like the way I felt when Hammer sold out (more) and made that gangsta rap album to try to resurrect his flagging popularity.

Crugald (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 01:54 PM

#46010, "Ouch, comparing me to Hammer"
In response to Reply #28

Awe man, not I'm really hurt Nep. I was an evil outlander, and I was told by the Anchients that I could kill anyone I wanted. Now, granted I should have left the heralds be, you are right. I'm just saying, why wouldn't an "evil" person get back at more than just the person who struck them. If I think of my favorite Godfather movies, I think about retribution against not just hte person, but against the family as well. They were certainly "evil." I'm sorry you seemed to miss a lot of my solo fights, but there were plenty more than what you are saying.

Nep, you have never done things as a char you regretted, but could easily contain within your RP as an evil person. I killed Sharwyn say...two times, maybe three? Granted, two were in a row, but I left her alone for a long long long long long time until then. It was after I killed someone at the Inn Druid that they all came out and I struck first, instead of getting fiended. Seriously, point out to me how me attacking a goodie herald that came out to my kill, and me being severely afraid of fiend, is bad?

I honestly want to know what you think Nep, but I think you need to look at it through my eyes, and I wish I had logged it. There were three bards there, and one did come and attack me.

nepentheMon 20-Feb-06 02:11 PM
3430 posts
#46013, "RE: Ouch, comparing me to Hammer"
In response to Reply #29

Nothing you did was role-inappropriate or bad so much as I felt like you were capable of so much more. I thought you were up to the challenge of taking it to the A-level players and it just seemed like so much slumming to me.

Winning an amateur boxing match is cool, but if you saw George Foreman in his prime doing it, you'd be like man, let's see you throw down with someone good.

Crug (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 02:41 PM

#46015, "Last response*"
In response to Reply #31

I thought I tried, but they weren't willing to fight. I'm not saying this was a character that compared to some of my others, I agree its not. Like I said, I was put off by some things that happened and I just kinda turned him into a "devil may care" killer. I agree I was mean to some people.

anyway, thanks for the comments Nep. You'll like my next, I promise! Now get a stinkin religion going so I can follow you. I think I was the first rager to get your tattoo way back in the day. Which, looking back, I can't believe it was allowed. Tattooed by a Master's Imm. Oh well.

Graatchman (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 03:28 PM

#46017, "I had a rager with Nep's tattoo, too."
In response to Reply #32

Having curse with a rager was very, very useful.

Crug (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 04:11 PM

#46020, "Sure was, I thought Intronan's did something like that ..."
In response to Reply #34

I used to love doing it with Guenrayn. I'd do the invoke, entwine, and pummel thing. Well...maybe that was with Dryzzel in Empire and that was um.. umm... somebodies tattoo. I do like how they switched it so air forms can't fly away now. I didn't like it however when I got entwined as a shifter, and didn't know I couldn't fly away.

DwoggurdMon 20-Feb-06 02:04 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46011, "However"
In response to Reply #28

>Man, listen to yourself! Seriously, read what you just wrote.
> You're saying that killed a Herald, and the righteous
>wrath of Herald was too much for you
, so you had to
>sink below their level to beat them.

Being killed by Heralds is so much disgraceful that this fact alone is enough to become furious and hunt them down as much as possible.

Crug (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 02:42 PM

#46016, "Heralds never got me, they tried."
In response to Reply #30

So I was just pretty much a mean bastard to them!

Well, one in particular

Caroolth (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 09:42 AM

#46000, "RE: The mistake is gone."
In response to Reply #2

Well, the disappearing leader act is temporary...bad timing, I'm home now, instead of stuck in a hotel room. Still, I think I'm on fifteen-twenty hours a week, which is alright. Not great, but alright.

That aside, the cranialing thing was lucky, too, I still haven't perfected it Don't worry, the bull's not dead yet, and won't be for a while.

See you in the fields!

Crug (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 10:00 AM

#46004, "The kind of character I admire"
In response to Reply #20

You are one of them honestly. I could beat you down and you would still come back and take another! Just kidding, you would come back and try new things, the way a character in this game should be. Kudos to you for that. I'm sure we will see each other in some capacity wether is fighting or friendly, who knows.

I'm a little put off after this char, but not enoug hto send me back to Half-Life yet.

Aaron

gyhrean (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 10:34 AM

#46005, "RE: The mistake is gone."
In response to Reply #2

Just so you know, before you got smacked with a cranial
tag team I had dented your helm in on of your hit/runs before
we actually brought you down.

Cranialing tribs with guards can be tough, almost as much
as getting summoned to an invoker, so I spose we're even.

Crugald (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 11:01 AM

#46006, "Well..."
In response to Reply #25

You can get away from an invoker...

Teleport potions are free

GryshilniarMon 20-Feb-06 05:58 PM
Member since 31st Jan 2006
85 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46026, "Hmm....."
In response to Reply #2

I'm actually surprised this was one of your characters. The one thing that turned me off from Crugald was the several tells you sent after you stayed one or two rounds in a fight with me and then said 'If you impale me I won't fight' (In Crugald's giant speech and fewer words). I never really understood that. You were free to wither, rot etc...but I couldn't use my key spec skills? Just seemed sort of a weird thing to say from a powerful evil character.

Guess you were mad I just didn't sit there and let you kill me :p

Anyway, we could've had some fun fights and I have no doubt your next ones will be great.

Good luck and don't let one bad carrot out of the bunch keep you down. You're obviously a very savvy and solid CFer.
Grysh.

Crug (Guest)Mon 20-Feb-06 08:10 PM

#46034, "You were fierce"
In response to Reply #36

So fierce that i knew if I stayed much beyond the stupid impale a few rounds in, I wouldn't have much chance to survive. And often, after fleeing those fights, every other fort person on came to Jade, cause they knew it was my home. Vardenil and a few paladins especially...alidove too.

Crug

Kipli (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 08:14 AM

#46038, "For the Record"
In response to Reply #2

I rarely saw you all on at the same time, compared to how many times I saw you logged in without them. Though maybe the times I played, that intersected with the ones you did, weren't your normal times.

Either way, I liked Crugald, you helped me out a lot, and I got to do a lot of stuff I hadn't before. I keep you and Thrugald paired together in my mind and I really like how I could sense the differences in your rp. Not to mention your names, which are strangely similar. Greatest Crugald moment, and I have it logged, was when we said on the cb we were going to raid Scion, and you said, Fine I go get orb than, and everyone started arguing. I didn't say much, but that was a rare time where you really got to see the Good/Evil/Neutrals clashing(aside from not grouping or raiding much together) and I thought it was awesome. As for being an Outlander invoker, I have to agree with you. Though part of the fun faded once we had 3 in the Cabal and another applying. Thanks for the help, and I don't recognize your handle but I wouldn't mind knowing what other Outlanders you played.

Crugald (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 09:07 AM

#46040, "Outlanders"
In response to Reply #38

Karrel Muouk? (Its Grurk's Last Name, which he gave me) Cloud Druid Tattooed by Grurk
Reggie (name everyone hated ) Gnome Invoker
Dalbiddle - Gnome shifter - Harbinger - owl/panther Tattooed by Lyristeon
Wunbol - svirf shifter - owl/tiger
Blidern - Svirf Warrior - Mace/Axe
Crugald - The Fire giant people hated

I've also played a lot of other things, if you want a run-down, I'll try and remember. My memory with the less than great ones is fuzzy, but many stick out in my head. Plus, I love the dios search for names, since I can never stikin remember all of my chars...and I've never written them down

AmarantheTue 21-Feb-06 04:15 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
#46058, "RE: The mistake is gone."
In response to Reply #2

I'm pretty clear about the no-evil aspect of my religion in my helpfile, though I won't say *never*. If I ever were to have an evil follower, I think a fire giant would be one of the most challenging characters to pull it off with. The reason being that, to pull it off, you'd need to walk a very fine line and the character would have to be able to persuade me of astounding wisdom and self-awareness of the nature of evil, something a grunting fire giant death-shaman is going to have a much more difficult time doing.

However, take the fact that you got empowered and ultimately titled as a compliment. I'm think you may be the one and only evil priest I've ever empowered.

By the way, that necromancer task is pretty much standard fare for all my death-followers. I will say you struggled more than most with it.

All in all I could tell you were putting a solid effort into the character, but I honestly have to say I think he fell short. I think a lot of that has to do with the religion choice. It's just a very awkward fit to begin with, more restrictive, etc. Playing an evil Outlander is a challenge under the best of circumstances.. then on top of it, pick an empowerment priest with a very solidly *neutral* nature religion into the mix and it wouldn't be my pick if I were a player aiming towards astounding success.

Crugald (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 06:18 PM

#46064, "I agree"
In response to Reply #40

And i never had a problem with how you treated me or how things went. I'll try the evil outlander again sometime, but not for awhile. I really really liked the benefits of one particular skill, especially concerning a giant shsman!

Thanks for all that you did give.

Aeria (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 05:48 PM

#46062, "Farewell Crugald..."
In response to Reply #2

Really wished you would have toughed it out As you noticed I was constantly trying to give you emotional support IC to be patient and keep on living a life that incorporated the aspects of Amaranthe. Her followers can focus solely on an aspect, but from the first day I met you as an iddy biddy little shaman, I always thought the only way an EVIL Death follower could go the furthest with Amaranthe was to find ways to incorporate the maiden and mother into their life through attained wisdom. (This was also based on my own ic development from swinging from innocent & naive to death focused, back to trying to be more well-rounded)

That is why I was always encouraging you to take respite in the joys of life and would bring up the mother and maiden with you Hope I didn't come across too carebear, I just knew that lack of the Death aspect wasn't going to be an issue

You also seem to be discouraged from the quietness of Amaranthe lately. I tried to offer support there. IC wise my character believes she is always there, but from an ooc standpoint it really picks up low spirits to get interaction and I *think* Amaranthe has been a lot busier lately. (But I'm lucky if she isn't asleep by the time I start playing I think, not her fault just polar schedules...working now even as I post this.)

Crugald was such a fun character to be around. You had your mixtures of good and bad as a companion. Situational, not so much what you were doing wrong. It was refreshing to not have a dwarf/paladin lover to help fight them, but you DRAGGED me into so many fights against fortress I was trying to avoid I can't count how many times I got area spelled because you were near or beat down by a huge fortress group while planting a trap for imperials because you were next to me. Oie, Oie, and Oie. If you got frustrated with me not wanting to take innitiative in hunting fortress people JUST because they had attacked/looted you some other time, or because they MIGHT later defend a dwarf or paladin, it was because I thought the Harbinger should offer more wisdom to bring center back to the fight for Thar-Eris. (I tried and didn't always succeed) I of course aided you against an entire group if a dwarf/paladin was in it.

You were one of the last remaining followers of Amaranthe and I was trying really hard to support and keep an eye on you. Many of these others had gone and deleted. As an elder priestess I really thought it important to be nurturing in your spiritual growth. Wasn't your empowerment really really fun? Never been in a situation like that on Carrion Fields and what a great experience it was rp wise. Definately gives meaning to the power of a Goddess flowing through her priestess.

I'll miss your character. A lot of the older characters (And by this I'm even counting the ones leveling up shortly after me) are disappearing. I'm hoping to make new friends among outlanders in the next crop that are upcoming...though I'm getting to be a less youthful maiden! Youthful in spirit if not in body You'll be missed in outlanders.

Farewell Crugald, Priest of the Crone

PS: Every time I look at my fire beetle, I'll think of you

Crug (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 08:21 PM

#46066, "Fire Beetles"
In response to Reply #41

I had a, in my opinion, very successful druid in Outlander named Karrel, and ever since I hve a hard time not helping druids in outlander. There is so much to being a druid that it takes a long time to learn, and I kinda had the feeling this might be your first really successful druid. People would always talk about getting the wolverine , but that rarely every occured... I found that the mountain lion was just as powerful. When you die, I'll share more of what i learned if you want.

Thanks for all you said and did with me. I really appreciate everything you said in your farewell post to me. Outlander seems to have a quick turnaround at times, and right now with it being so popular, it might be adding to the amount of turnaround.

Anyway, I think Aeria is great, and i can see why Amaranthe likes you so much.

Yes, that empowerment was pretty cool, i wish I had logged it, though, I'd love to see it from your end too.

cya Aeria

Aeria (Guest)Tue 21-Feb-06 09:34 PM

#46069, "RE: Fire Beetles"
In response to Reply #43

In my farewells someday I'll say a lot more and I hope you are there for them Hopefully though that day is a long ways off, having fun as Aeria.

Haageran (Guest)Wed 22-Feb-06 01:16 PM

#46094, "RE: The mistake is gone."
In response to Reply #2

I'm sorry to see you go. We really had no interaction other than trying to kill each other (heh), but I got a really good vibe from you. The battles we had really showed the one and only negative thought I have on cabals ---> Everybody in your cabal wants a piece of the action. Whenever I would fight you, most often Aeria or Drif would show up. I got the feeling that you didn't really want them there, just like often some Fortie would show up when I didn't really want them too. Of course that's not to say that when I was looking death in the face, which it seems like I did numerous times with you and Aeria, I wouldn't cb for a little help . That one time where Adhelard and I ganked you I felt bad. Sorry.

Anyhow, I see that you are already thinking of coming back. I'm glad. You're a good player, and whatever team you join, I think you will make a difference.

See you in the fields.

MinyarWed 22-Feb-06 01:53 PM
504 posts
#46095, "Funny thing there."
In response to Reply #45

It wasn't so much you or him that really did me in, so much as that fiend. I knew I was dead regardless of what I did, and a fiend dishes more damage to me than lots of things do.

I did like our fights, sometimes I called others, sometimes they just showed up. Since you are a dwarf...everyone wanted pieces of the action. As you might see in Aeria's note, i dragged her into a lot of fights she didn't want...but she definately wanted yer hide!

Great job though, and keep working at it. I'm sure we will fight in more capacaties.

Drifelda (Guest)Sun 19-Feb-06 08:34 PM

#45975, "What!? Ack!"
In response to Reply #0

Liked this character a lot. Send me an e-mail? llylandria@yahoo.com

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45965 Previous topic | Next topic