Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Black ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45925
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 17-Feb-06 05:00 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45925, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Black Servant"

Fri Feb 17 15:57:12 2006

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Meycus perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:anti-paladin
Level:31
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:80

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..., Envision, 21-Feb-06 12:26 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..., ManDaDa, 28-Feb-06 02:02 PM, #4
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..., Arthontis (Guest), 28-Feb-06 08:07 PM, #8
          Reply Good Advice, Khasotholas, 01-Mar-06 09:19 AM, #9
          Reply Seconded., elmeri_, 02-Mar-06 09:23 AM, #12
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..., ManDaDa, 02-Mar-06 10:59 AM, #13
               Reply Did you like being arial AP?, DurNominator, 02-Mar-06 12:50 PM, #14
                    Reply RE: Did you like being arial AP?, ManDaDa, 02-Mar-06 01:20 PM, #15
Reply Liked you, Had hoped you would stick around. Maybe next..., Nysveld (Guest), 17-Feb-06 07:56 PM, #2
Reply RE: Liked you, Had hoped you would stick around. Maybe ..., ManDaDa, 28-Feb-06 02:05 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..., Linonezi (Guest), 17-Feb-06 06:40 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..., ManDaDa, 28-Feb-06 02:09 PM, #6
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..., Linonezi (Guest), 28-Feb-06 07:40 PM, #7
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..., vega (Guest), 01-Mar-06 10:52 AM, #10
               Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..., ManDaDa, 02-Mar-06 07:52 AM, #11

EnvisionTue 21-Feb-06 12:26 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2005
4 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46046, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..."
In response to Reply #0

Deleted huh what caused this you sure got me good with that ambush on eastern and that time in vorolian...Bah is all I got to say I figured I had lost you until BLAM! There you were right there in front of me. We never managed to take each other down singly with you failing your sleeps hehe and me not having learned to bash well. Eh I am sure we will meet again.

Envision a life without CF AAAAHHHH!

ManDaDaTue 28-Feb-06 02:02 PM
Member since 28th Feb 2006
20 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#46196, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..."
In response to Reply #3

You ran into that ambush lol. It wasn't even plan. Yea I deleted. Got tired of sitting there with enough ranks and donations to get promoted, and then nothing. I wanted to stay to continue my talks with Azatrak after he got Anathema. I understood his pain from an IC perfspective, and ten times as much coming from me the person, because honestly, it sucked. In any case, I'm guessing you're Iabedgr. I'll be back, in the Empire again. I gotta play something with defenses though. APs are my style but not right now. I gotta be really into it and I just came back from a hiatus. Luck

I hate a liar more than I hate a thief
a thief is only after my salary
a liar is afgter my reality

Arthontis (Guest)Tue 28-Feb-06 08:07 PM

#46203, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..."
In response to Reply #4

>Yea I Got tired of sitting there with enough ranks and
>donations to get promoted, and then nothing.

Once you hit Citizenship, promotion requirements tend to be more challenging and go beyond mere donation or rank. The promotions hold that much more meaning this way, and help you build up your reputation when you are looked at for another promotion.

Next time, try to be more of a presence in raids/retrievals (and give praise to Khasotholas and Grurk), focus on travelling with other Citizens (or Oaths), and report sightings of enemy heros over Cabalchat. You will be better seen as an active participant in Cabal matters, and will be rewarded as a good servant should.

KhasotholasWed 01-Mar-06 09:19 AM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46217, "Good Advice"
In response to Reply #8

- Next time, try to be more of a presence in raids/retrievals

I agree with this assessment. I watched Meycus enough to see that aiding the Empire didn't seem to be his top priority most of the time. I actually was considering promoting Meycus numerous times, then he'd do something (or neglect to do something) which caused me to rethink it.

elmeri_Thu 02-Mar-06 09:23 AM
Member since 13th Dec 2004
252 posts
#46296, "Seconded."
In response to Reply #8

Being present let's you show your skill, even if it's just to loot people who die, or whatever. Reporting enemy heros is also good, since it shows that you at least keep your eyes open. Something to avoid however, is trying to hint orders or constantly propose raids/retrievals over cb. Having played a few imperials, I can tell you I at least get very annoyed when the situation is heated as ####, and I'm trying to escape enemies from all sides (standard situation when empire is outnumbered), and some mid level dude keeps asking if we should retrieve already.
Good luck on your next.

ManDaDaThu 02-Mar-06 10:59 AM
20 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#46297, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..."
In response to Reply #8

Thanks. Yea I could have probably done a little better making myself known and with retrievals and stuff, but as an Arial AP I didn't really want to retrieve. I was constantly gettings three rounded in PKs and stuff and knew there was no way I could take the outer by myself. anyway I think my frustration came more from my race/class choice rather than the actual promotions itself. As well I think my adversity to authority made me pissed with a lot of the attitudes within the empire, even though I think a lot of it is blandly cliche and ooc at the same time. Either way, I'm already coming back, with something I can twerk this time. Watch for me. Thanks again

DurNominatorThu 02-Mar-06 12:50 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46298, "Did you like being arial AP?"
In response to Reply #13

Or was it too frail for your liking? I guess D-elf would be even worse that way. I'll steal your neat quote for this post:

ManDaDaThu 02-Mar-06 01:20 PM
20 posts
#46299, "RE: Did you like being arial AP?"
In response to Reply #14

I like arial APs. They're higher on Dex and INT, which makes them parry better (I assume dex plays a part in parrying? DOn't remember where I heard that) and they practice pretty good. If you land sleep, which you do a generous amount of the time considering they're APs, you have more than enough mana at any time to wreak havor necromancer style. The problem I really had was the HP. I think at the time I deleted I had what? 400 or less natural? You would get ate up many of my fights post 25 were either cleave and flees, sleep and flees, or fireball you to deaths, or some mix of the three. Maybe I just haven't learned to ply APs in the correct fashion, but the lack of dodge mixed with low HP is really no joke. And even though Arial aren't the worse, I found myself getting bashed down by felar at times when I had near max weight. Maybe I had bad gains and terrible rng's when it came to bash and stuff, but I got served a lot of times. If you can manage to get some HP gear and stick it out though, they can be nasty. I think they have one of the most severe lashes of the slave, and vault is dex based I think. Plus they can play necro almost as good as Drow APs. I also played Rbuunam who was a Drow AP, and experienced the same pros and cons. The trick (which I never mastered) was covering the cons so that your pros would shine. That means HP gear, picking fights, and knowing when to bash and when to iceball. Overall it's doable with some wands once you get into the "second warrior spec" range, but it's just not my style. If I did it again I'd go human or halfie for the strength - save felar I have gripes with the low int races, even though Fire Giant's and Duergar always turn out to be the most successful APs, even if they are played by the same guy over and over lol (save Mekantos and this new arial running around tearing guys up). Yea this turned out to be long haha Guess I just needed to restock my knowledge and make sure I at least half knew what I was doing. In any case, I'd give it a go. They're not so bad.

p.s. You just made me realize I need to fix my quote. What in the hell is a "afgter"?!?!

Nysveld (Guest)Fri 17-Feb-06 07:56 PM

#45928, "Liked you, Had hoped you would stick around. Maybe next..."
In response to Reply #0

n/t

ManDaDaTue 28-Feb-06 02:05 PM
20 posts
#46197, "RE: Liked you, Had hoped you would stick around. Maybe ..."
In response to Reply #2

Yea i felt crappy for deleting on you after you didn't everything you could to help me out. I hate doing that. But it was just too much. I'm not an AP kinda guy. I do assassin, shifters, invokers, warriors (when I have the patience), and rangers. Empowerment classes are okay but I haven't really got into them like that. Anyway one day I might come back as an AP. I think the most successful one I played had some 20 charges, before i finally deleted. Just sucks with the defenses and everything, and then the arial had #### for HP on top of that. It wasn't fun. I was constantly getting two rounded. Anyway, sorry man. Stay strong - the black sect sucks right now.

Linonezi (Guest)Fri 17-Feb-06 06:40 PM

#45926, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..."
In response to Reply #0

Got tired of the whole deal with Empire? You played a little berserkerish, but I thought you were pretty good.

ManDaDaTue 28-Feb-06 02:09 PM
20 posts
#46198, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..."
In response to Reply #1

Empire itself is an annoyance, and I can never tell whether or not the fools that get promoted up there are acting out IC or OOC when they have this really ####ed up superiority complex. Merlah I know is all IC (I hated him... he talked too damn much for a minotaur, and swore everyone owed him something. Good RP for a mino imperial shaman, much annoyance for me), but some guys were just cocky for nothing. I mean... you JUST got promoted to a blade and you think you're the #### now? Calm down buddy. I just don't take orders from people i don't respect very well, and it's hard for me to get into character by doing that when half the guys just plain sucked. I wasn't the best - APs aren't my cream of the crop, but still, I didn't act like a damned fool when I met someone of lower promotions. Anyway, I basically just got tired of the character, period. It wasn't fun. I'll be back though. Liked you a lot, wish you would have stuck around for my next char. I know we would have been friends. Luck.

Linonezi (Guest)Tue 28-Feb-06 07:40 PM

#46202, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..."
In response to Reply #6

I agree with the fact that Imperial roleplay at the moment is slow, and unwilling to promote. I feel there is a lot of new players there that got elite some time ago and are thinking that beating on the lower echelons are cool roleplay, and it's hard being patronized by someone you don't really respect, and that won't promote you for some fancy reason. And maybe even giving you stupid and impossible tasks.

I partly blame the immortals that prescribe that conflict within the Empire is the right thing, and that you have to be condescending. I think it can be fruitful for evils to like eachother, but in competing situations they would likely go at eachothers throat in order to win.

I will probably return to the Empire once again, when they get cool.

vega (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 10:52 AM

#46223, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..."
In response to Reply #6

"Empire itself is an annoyance, and I can never tell whether or not the fools that get promoted up there are acting out IC or OOC when they have this really ####ed up superiority complex."

That's funny I distinctly remembering you breaking role quite badly at times.

ManDaDaThu 02-Mar-06 07:52 AM
20 posts
#46293, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Meycus the Footman of Legion, Bl..."
In response to Reply #10

Dont assume to know my role. Thank you and bye.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45925 Previous topic | Next topic