Subject: "(CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Gyhrean the Legend of the Battlef..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45757
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 12-Feb-06 07:20 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45757, "(CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Gyhrean the Legend of the Battlefield"

Sun Feb 12 18:17:28 2006

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Gyhrean perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:197

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DrokkMon 13-Feb-06 01:45 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2004
51 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45777, "Gyhrean's goodbye posted on Dioxide"
In response to Reply #0

man, i felt so 'dirty' the first time I hit outlanders.

Being that this is going to be a last character for at least a while, I wanted to do something Very different.. So.. I thought a
Cloud giant Tribunal, dagger/mace would be pretty unique.

I orginally planned to take the maelstrom legacies, because as an outlander, i fought several characters that could see my ranger in camo from that legacy. Then I roll up, and find out it is apparently changed? So if it was, or was even going to be, I didnt want to risk it, because my whole point would be to see camo, not target 1., 2., or however that works.

After the invoker crazed weened down, and the one invoker around that I fought regularily stopped being hard to chase off, i just went for chilling legacy, ive had it a few times, and i enjoy it, mostly for ranking quickly though. Too bad I was dropping like a flie time to time, playing fairly stoned most of the time since ive been at home for the last 2wks just waiting for this wensday to come and fly to canada, ample time to get 200hrs thrown somewhere.. heh.

I haven't played a tribunal in a looong time. But there were many things about them I couldnt stand awhile playing outlanders, so I made a point to give the fight to them when I could, rather than worry who's in camo all day. Which got me killed quite a few times, but balls out pk fights are fun, and where I get the most enjoyment. I hope you guys enjoyed the fights, and sorry I wasnt on your side this go around. And as far as for me attacking one or two people in town pre-tribunal? Well, sue me for not knowing what direction i was going early on, soon as I was headstrong on joining though I cut that out pronto, and to the best of my knowledge never broke another law after that except when one shifter fled into the sewers from the galadon large intersection just as another shifter flew to me and got cranialed. I was stoned and it was late, honest mistake. At least he got away.

Anyhow, some goodbyes.

TRIBUNAL
Now, I haven't played a Tribunal in a long time, so I will say this, the Law is interpreted by the Magistrate. Warrants also
have to be found with very sound confidence. Just because you
see me pass through town on where in the middle of a fight, I have #### all knowledge anything is even going on, and placing a warrant on that is just as much like here say. Wanted flags have to be 100% confident in being put, or you can get in trouble. From an ooc pov, I never, "Never" placed a #### flag to my knowledge. If someone ever did get wrongly warranted, well, sorry, and you will just have to blame it on misinformed detective work, and collaborating accusers. Gyhrean is also a cloud giant, and even though he tried to get smarter and smarter, he was still a dumb giant.
I've been playing characters that dont use coins for some time now, so had the fun of relearning a lot of preps, where to buy what, etc etc, but it was an enjoyable experience. A lot better than the first time I was in Tribunal, maybe different players are playing it, but it was fun.

- Caroolth, you got me in, helped me rank, pk'd together, defended/raided together, lot's of things. Gyhreans closest friend, and ####ing #### did we make a mean ass cranial team.
I think you are going to take Tribunal into a very new, and very successful direction. Enjoy, and rank those magistrates up! Had I not been moving, I would have played with more self-preservation, but after this weekend my time was going to end. Sorry I can't stay up there with you, your going to have your work cut out for you. Good luck man, good luck.

-Draltin, for whatever reason sometimes you came off as
too much 'demanding you do this' attitude at times, but in tandem with me getting killed or something, i would get frustrated with you. I think we handled that well though
and your company always helped me stay alive a bit longer.
I'm not sure why I got provincial and you didnt, maybe because I never log out, but I think you were doing a good job.

-Ikagio Yes, modan duty can suck, but whenever you did
what you could in helping defend, is probably what kept
me alive when it did, ie manacles and scouting, etc. I hope
you start getting those ranks and some promotions. Good luck

- As far as other magistrates, log in /log out is piss poor. And from a personal standpoint, if your only going to play an hour a week, you shouldn't bother being cabaled, because it makes you look bad. I can easily miss other people, having that great pothead phonographic memory, so ..

Villagers-
You know, I think cloud dagger/mace would have been a lot
more deadly for me, had i gone defender, or berserker, but I
just wasnt in the mood to go through the whole history memorization thing for induction again, being quoted names
and other various that you will never again use in the cabal.
I had some cool chats with a lot of you, and i know how it goes if im in a mage company, but fun none the less.

Empire -

When I first started this character, I had to keep reminding myself to stop attacking imperials, im not an outlander, so it took me a long time to even be friendly with the cabal, then i started to get into it and we got some good ranks, some good kills. Still... i just felt dirty.. heh

Maran -
From ganging me in groups of 2-4, attacking me because of
some reason you make up, or three of you assisting against me
when I hit a criminal, to some of the most evil based tells I've ever recieved, healing in evil temples, and a large plethra of things.. There are too many to remember to name, so I will just
box you all up in one. If it is that hard to roleplay a good align, or if you are that bored and need something to kill.. Any time i've played a goodie and crossed lines half as far as some of you, I have been instantly align/ethos nuetered, and very poor showing from those of you involved, truly.

Outlanders

Lots of you I knew from previous chars, some of you I didnt,
and it was very akward playing a trib when usually I am on
your team, good fights from a lot of you. One of you in particular, I'm sure everyone knows about. But it speaks
volumes of a person, who can go hours on end, spam killing someone that cant even see to attack you, in one, maaaybe two c immolate c buffet c locate corpse. Bad form.
As far as looting an stuff goes.. most times I didnt take anything, sometimes i did, towards the end i'd full loot. Schmeh, ic politics i spose. Keeping track of who does/doesnt loot and remembering who to/not to loot got confusing, so I just made it simple and quit leaving anything if I could, but almost all the time in my inv was weapons I cant put in a container, so usualy I couldnt loot even if I wanted to.

As some of you may or may not know, I am also, banned from the officials. If anyone wants to paste this there cool, if not oh well. i'll try and pick up the pbf, but I dont know if ill be able to this go around since im moving and I cant remember if i trashed my credit card or not. It was a blast, and I hope I can return to carrion fields soon. Never know, but it's going to be a while at least.

scions -

I wont name names. But, we did great ranking, and probably had some if my more trusted informants/hidden alliances than with any other group. Also no one in the cabal ever took my warrants seriously, and after losing a wanted flag we generally would work together again, which is cool.

misc others
deylani- thanks for helping me gear time to time
grinok - i dont remember where you came from, but another big help
trizmikello- we met up later in my life span, and had some fun
anyone else, my though leaves me, so...

past recent chars

senloec arial zerker
huegyn outlander ranger
seethian cloud zerker
seddis svirf defender
Crendal,human druid harbinger
faelir wood-elf druid harbinger
jor felar ranger harbinger
gyhrean, cloud provincial

Rongar (Guest)Mon 13-Feb-06 03:33 AM

#45781, "RE: Gyhrean's goodbye posted on Dioxide"
In response to Reply #3

Well.. I was hoping we would go again afew more time
and me finishing you off
but you were close in getting me once with alot of poeple
but I guess we will fight again soon

Fielstithian (Guest)Sun 12-Feb-06 08:36 PM

#45764, "RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Gyhrean the Legend of the Bat..."
In response to Reply #0

You were tough to tie down in combat, but I liked you from the moment you got hosed by the Huntress and the RNG. You let off a justified expletive, and that was it.

From there on, every time I saw you, you were a foot-to-the-floor mace-wielding menace. Dagger was an interesting choice for a giant, and it appeared it worked well for you in retrieving and fighting Aeria.

Good luck with your job and move, and thanks for the good times.

KarelSun 12-Feb-06 07:38 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45758, "RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Gyhrean the Legend of the Bat..."
In response to Reply #0

I didn't post any specific goodbyes on my thread, but thought I'd chime in on this. I'm not going to try and defend myself from your thoughts of me, just give you my own. You're an enemy, one with GPS up his ass basically since as soon as I see the trib flag I know you're in one of two places. So if I happen to be around there, sure, I'll give you a go. Hell, a lot of times I passed you right by because I figured what the hell, I killed him half an hour ago and I can find something else to do. Right up until the point where my IC enemy says something like "####, give it a break man", more than once. At that point I think to myself two things. One, that the other player is obviously pissed, which I certainly don't try to do and would rather not. Two, that I'm going to bash his skull in a few more times for saying something stupid like that, although even then I was courteous enough to leave you everything, even if it was just to give you less to whine about. Or for saying something like "What do you have to say now?" after a successful hurl. Yay for you. And if you try to retrive, and escape, don't expect that to mean safety either. Did I multikill you? Sure. I felt semi-bad about it too somewhere in the first couple hours when you were only at like three deaths, after that not so much. And here's a thought for you for any future characters you have. If you know you can't win, don't be there. I hardly got you immolated the first time every time. And if you're going to fight, spend less time talking and more time fighting. Those are my thoughts for what they're worth.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45757 Previous topic | Next topic