Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] [SQUIRE] Fingon the Champion of th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45668
Show all folders

Fingon (Guest)Sat 11-Feb-06 07:09 AM

#45668, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] [SQUIRE] Fingon the Champion of the Virtues"

This was my first empowerment class and first fort hero. I don’t have anything good to say about my character other than I learned a lot and I tried very hard to be a good paladin. Good stuff never was in the cards for me or the people that were hanging out w/me much to my chagrin.

Goodbyes:

I’ll never mention everyone that impacted my characters life but if you reply I’ll respond.

Aarn: It seems our playing times rarely overlapped and I had a real week of pain waiting for full empowerment there. I had a rotten time being your follower and should have picked up on the cue that you hate elves earlier. You seem like a good guy on the forums but if I ever make another empowerment character I definitely won’t be following you.

Gryshilniar: Thanks for being patient with me pre-induct and thanks for inducting me. That was about the extent of our interactions.

Alriac: Much respect and condolences for your recent loss. You’re a real man’s dwarf and you’ve got a big heart. It was great pking with you the few times we ran together. Great Rp.

Austira: I really enjoyed our talks. Thanks for giving me the time of day.

Reir: Your felar-talk took a while to get used to but I liked your different take on it.

Auten: You were a real beast and I was sorry to see you delete. Thanks for heroing me.

Xilla: I could tell you didn’t think much of me but were too kind to say it. You had a great run and I hope your next is as good as this one was.

Razhalia: Thanks for helping me rank but ugh… just ugh… you know what I’m talking about!

Haageran: You’re a great paladin and I could see you becoming captain/marshall someday. Hats off to you. At the end there I was a little jealous that you had 2 virtues and I got none.

Adhelard: You are a good warrior and I wish I spent more time kicking ass with you.

Varad/Grinok: Thanks for the travels and I’m sorry for getting you killed trying to get Defiance.

Reisa: It was always nice talking to you.

Deylani: Good luck with your quest

Enemies:

You guys killed me a lot more than I killed you … and I HATE bash!

Anyway that’s it for this paladin. It’s time to go back to team evil.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Awe, you damn elf, Lekajab (Guest), 13-Feb-06 10:54 PM, #17
Reply Fingy! No!!!!!!!!!, Haageran (Guest), 12-Feb-06 03:49 PM, #15
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [SQUIRE] Fingon the Champion o..., Grimp (Guest), 11-Feb-06 11:12 PM, #9
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [SQUIRE] Fingon the Champion o..., Fingon (Guest), 12-Feb-06 02:29 AM, #12
Reply Good job, Adhelard (Guest), 11-Feb-06 02:48 PM, #6
Reply Liked your char., Varad (Guest), 11-Feb-06 01:44 PM, #5
Reply No, thank you for giving me the time of day..., Austira (Guest), 11-Feb-06 01:08 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [SQUIRE] Fingon the Champion o..., Hybrid77 (Guest), 11-Feb-06 10:45 AM, #3
Reply Blah, Alidove (Guest), 11-Feb-06 10:32 AM, #2
Reply Sheesh how could I forget you?!?, FIngon (Guest), 11-Feb-06 05:13 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [SQUIRE] Fingon the Champion o..., Aarn, 11-Feb-06 09:54 AM, #1
     Reply I think I know what you are talking about..., Fingon (Guest), 11-Feb-06 05:21 PM, #8
          Reply Well since I participated in this incident we will leav..., Tredyn (Guest), 12-Feb-06 01:55 AM, #10
               Reply Well my characters take on it was..., Fingon (Guest), 12-Feb-06 02:25 AM, #11
                    Reply IMHO:, nepenthe, 12-Feb-06 09:38 AM, #13
                         Reply RE: IMHO:, Wilhath, 12-Feb-06 10:10 AM, #14
                              Reply Once again:, Qing Long (Guest), 12-Feb-06 04:34 PM, #16

Lekajab (Guest)Mon 13-Feb-06 10:54 PM

#45817, "Awe, you damn elf"
In response to Reply #0

I really liked Fingon, even if you did happen to be a stuck up elf,
I'll miss having you on my side, even if you did like to waid into things alone against alot of enemies and get yerself killed.
Bleh, you seemed familar, who did you happen to play recently?

Haageran (Guest)Sun 12-Feb-06 03:49 PM

#45741, "Fingy! No!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply #0

This is my first try at a paladin too. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I really liked your character. I could tell that you knew a lot more about the game than I did, and I enjoyed soaking up everything you could teach me. That said, I could tell that you were getting frustrated. I'm sorry. Sometimes that just happens.

Grimp (Guest)Sat 11-Feb-06 11:12 PM

#45708, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [SQUIRE] Fingon the Champion o..."
In response to Reply #0

Damn,

I really wanted to explore more with you. Unfortunately, school and work has really kicked it up a notch and I haven't been able to mud. Also, Grimp was getting kinda boring (already?) because I would go around observing people and doing a little rp here and there. I'm more of the pk intensive type. Making a semi-pacifist isn't the best idea but oh well. Thanks for all the help, especially dealing with my penguin form from level 17 to mid 30s

Fingon (Guest)Sun 12-Feb-06 02:29 AM

#45717, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [SQUIRE] Fingon the Champion o..."
In response to Reply #9

I was wondering what happened to you. I wanted to explore some with you too! The penguin wasn't too bad, I found ranking a paladin to be very easy and you were welcome to go alone for the ride.

Adhelard (Guest)Sat 11-Feb-06 02:48 PM

#45682, "Good job"
In response to Reply #0

I liked your RP. That time in the vaults was the first time I've ever actually returned something I requested for RP reasons (not wanting to leave a mob without a decent weapon). And I've been playing CF a long time It was funny because when you suggested it, the only spare weapon I had on me was a practice mace.. my evil powergamer side wanted to give the practice mace to him, but I figured to Hell with it and gave back his original blade. Anyway, kinda like characters that make me think about RP implications and then actually sway me to follow them. So good on you - probably would have been a great paladin if you'd stuck it out.

Varad (Guest)Sat 11-Feb-06 01:44 PM

#45679, "Liked your char."
In response to Reply #0

You seemed pretty good to me when we travelled though you kept having crappy luck with Defiance. Good luck with the next.

Austira (Guest)Sat 11-Feb-06 01:08 PM

#45677, "No, thank you for giving me the time of day..."
In response to Reply #0

As Austira, I was obligated to listen(and I might not like it, but I'd listen)...which is a good thing for the most part, but most people didn't care to go to me for advice and what not...haha, I wish you had a bit more time to have more interactions with me...maybe I wouldn't have deleted so soon...haha, good luck with your next(and don't be team evil, otherwise I will have to try to kill you with my new char , shes a bit more aggressive than Austira...haha)

Hybrid77 (Guest)Sat 11-Feb-06 10:45 AM

#45673, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [SQUIRE] Fingon the Champion o..."
In response to Reply #0

Hey, it was a wild ride hanging out with you when I managed to. Kind of funny that you Heroed just a little before I did and started a lot later

Gonna miss seeing you around though, the character was cool and the RP was pretty good.

And yeah our luck did seem to be pretty bad more often than not.

Alidove (Guest)Sat 11-Feb-06 10:32 AM

#45671, "Blah"
In response to Reply #0

Not even a goodbye. I thought you were a good paladin, especially since it is your first. Hope you had some fun, and sorry I am off in form alot. Had I knew you needed help or anything, I would have done so. You seemed like you knew what you were doing and werent a newb.

Take care

FIngon (Guest)Sat 11-Feb-06 05:13 PM

#45692, "Sheesh how could I forget you?!?"
In response to Reply #2

You were one of my favorite buddies. Good lady Alidove queen of the skies! You did plenty for me and I only wish I was in a position to have returned the favor. It was always great to have you around as you could always find us someone to fight. You're a great maran and I hope you have a good long run.

All the best,
Finny

AarnSat 11-Feb-06 09:54 AM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45670, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [SQUIRE] Fingon the Champion o..."
In response to Reply #0

Aarn: It seems our playing times rarely overlapped and I had a real week of pain waiting for full empowerment there. I had a rotten time being your follower and should have picked up on the cue that you hate elves earlier. You seem like a good guy on the forums but if I ever make another empowerment character I definitely won’t be following you.

Sorry you had a rough time, and you're right, our times didn't overlap very well, and the few times that I did see you I was often busy. Aarn doesn't hate elves, although they'll almost always get a good-natured hard time from me. The last few days I was waiting to see how you handled a certain incident as a paladin. Unfortunately I didn't see... anything. Can't go into details now since it's still on-going.

Anyway, good luck with your next.

Aarn?

Fingon (Guest)Sat 11-Feb-06 05:21 PM

#45695, "I think I know what you are talking about..."
In response to Reply #1

And I was reacting. The last time i went to pray at your shrine it was to talk it over and I did have some interactions with the dwarf involved who got the kill. I was waiting to speak with you about it before entering it into my role.

Tredyn (Guest)Sun 12-Feb-06 01:55 AM

#45715, "Well since I participated in this incident we will leav..."
In response to Reply #8

I have deleted now, so no need to worry 'bout little ol' me. But after it did happen, I felt myself there was a little bit of inaction on your part. Now i've played a load of goodies, fortress and Outlander, (Tiahan Elder Prophet, Grumgar Maran to name two) and yeah, that talk we had just after didnt inspire much sorrow. If I was you, I would have just tried to emphasise sorrow and all that stuff, you know, throwing flowers down, praying for forgiveness and stuff. But hey, crap happens right. Good luck on your next, dont give up so easy

Fingon (Guest)Sun 12-Feb-06 02:25 AM

#45716, "Well my characters take on it was..."
In response to Reply #10

He was saddened that a good man died but also knew that he had done the right thing. If a good man is killing other good people, even if he thinks he's right in doing so, he must be stopped. You were a good guy but rabid to Fingon. He never would have hunted you down but if you were attacking goodies he'd defend the ones you were attacking - likely rescue them and tell them to run away. As you were attacking us I was going to defend my groupmates and my own life to the end.

I had never met you before then and didn't know Tredyn from Shamu, but even if I had known who you were, trying to sing us to sleep when a bunch of your fellow outlanders were trying to kill us certainly was provocation enough for me to strike back. My groupmate and I did have a long talk about it afterwards and my character did feel both saddened that you died and a little guilty that he couldn't have avoided you all together. Kinda moot to defend myself after we're both deleted, but I wanted to get my story out

nepentheSun 12-Feb-06 09:38 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45736, "IMHO:"
In response to Reply #11

You can justify that view as a good character, but not as a paladin, and not as a Maran.

WilhathSun 12-Feb-06 10:10 AM
Member since 19th May 2003
528 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45737, "RE: IMHO:"
In response to Reply #13

How does a paladin Maran react to goods killing other goods? Does he sit back and watch the lot of them die? Word some folks, if he's got the right virtue?

I'd probably rescue everybody and then word when they were clear, but I also know that Outlanders, including goods, attack paladins and dwarves in particular on sight seemingly without penalty. Good outlander should be one of the toughest roles to play, but I feel like many are getting off too easy. As Gumbldink I got jumped by a good and evil Outlander at one time. I still don't understand how you do that, as a storm giant, and don't get your balls busted.

Qing Long (Guest)Sun 12-Feb-06 04:34 PM

#45743, "Once again:"
In response to Reply #14

>I'd probably rescue everybody and then word when they were
>clear, but I also know that Outlanders, including goods,
>attack paladins and dwarves in particular on sight seemingly
>without penalty. Good outlander should be one of the toughest
>roles to play, but I feel like many are getting off too easy.
>As Gumbldink I got jumped by a good and evil Outlander at one
>time. I still don't understand how you do that, as a storm
>giant, and don't get your balls busted.

Once again (I told you this before), you "do that" like this:

1. Innis, the "good" Outlander Imm, comes to your storm giant shaman and says, verbatim, "You are a good Sunwarden, but you do not bring the war to all our enemies," and then goes on to tell you that the time to purge fortress dwarves has come. Until that point, you'd been content avoiding/not aiding dwarves because you read that was appropriate on Amaranthe's forum.

2. An hour later, "Ancients" start goading you on the cabal channel to go out killing dwarves because Gumbldink just logged in.

3. This goading includes the "Ancients" promising a reward to whoever kills a dwarf first.

4. You show up at the goodie-ranking-dump and Kazren is already there, so it's a race to see who can kill Gumbledink first. You summon, Kazren comes and attacks, Gumbledink recalls quite literally the instant he is struck, leaving his companions alone in the area.

5. You leave Gumbledink's companions alone because you're only there for the dwarf.

Fini. No bulls busted. Oh, and P.S., of course, I was the one to win that reward

If you have a problem with this, I suggest you take it up with the Outlander Imms.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45668 Previous topic | Next topic