Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Zarye the Grand Elder of Changelings" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45486
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 06-Feb-06 11:16 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45486, "(DELETED) [SCION] Zarye the Grand Elder of Changelings"

Mon Feb 6 10:17:52 2006

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Zarye perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:69

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply This is what getting anaconda will do...., Zarye (Guest), 06-Feb-06 11:18 AM, #1
     Reply RE: This is what getting anaconda will do...., nepenthe, 06-Feb-06 11:44 AM, #2
     Reply RE: This is what getting anaconda will do...., Zarye (Guest), 06-Feb-06 12:23 PM, #4
          Reply RE: This is what getting anaconda will do...., nepenthe, 06-Feb-06 01:18 PM, #6
               Reply Misinformation, Dwoggurd, 06-Feb-06 01:32 PM, #7
                    Reply RE: Misinformation, nepenthe, 06-Feb-06 05:07 PM, #8
     Reply See you, Alidove (Guest), 06-Feb-06 11:44 AM, #3
          Reply RE: See you, Zarye (Guest), 06-Feb-06 12:29 PM, #5
               Reply RE: See you, Alidove (Guest), 06-Feb-06 07:49 PM, #9

Zarye (Guest)Mon 06-Feb-06 11:18 AM

#45487, "This is what getting anaconda will do...."
In response to Reply #0

Just the straw that broke this frustrated camel's back. Ah well, such is life. I was hoping to move on to bigger and better things with this char, but alas that dosent seem in the cards. Later.

nepentheMon 06-Feb-06 11:44 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45488, "RE: This is what getting anaconda will do...."
In response to Reply #1

A good player could have made something great out of your draw of forms. (I'm not telling you that anaconda in a vacuum is great, but anaconda situationally is great.)

It might be a little too early in your evolution as a player to handle playing Scion.

Zarye (Guest)Mon 06-Feb-06 12:23 PM

#45490, "RE: This is what getting anaconda will do...."
In response to Reply #2

I think its more the feeling of being out of water playing shifters. Scion would be great for some of the other chars I've played, but I just cant seem to get a handle of shifters. That being said, I'm sure in the right hands anaconda/orangutan could be done well. This being my second shifter however and the second time I have gotten a form thats been less that popular, I believe I'm not in a hurry to play another anytime soon. Scion was the only cabal I had never been in, and wanted to give it a try as well. I think having now played in each cabal, I've set a pretty good base to knowing what each deals with and it will make me a better player. Now its just a matter of cooking up something new and giving it a go.

Thanks for the input though, as I have always respected and listened closely to what you have had to say. Maybe its time for a break out character that dosen't fall into the lines of mediocrity that all my others have.

nepentheMon 06-Feb-06 01:18 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45492, "RE: This is what getting anaconda will do...."
In response to Reply #4

Yeah, shifter definitely takes a certain kind of player to enjoy, and it takes a certain kind of player to look at the mix of forms they have as a shifter as a bunch of tools to be used as the situation demands or in concert. It's not for everyone, and while I know some very good players who love shifters, I also know some very good players that don't care for them at all. It might not be your thing.

Scion is a tough row to hoe if you're not very confident in what you can do with your character. I think you're right in saying this character was fairly mediocre, and I'm hoping that in realizing that you'll make something awesome next. Good luck!

DwoggurdMon 06-Feb-06 01:32 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45493, "Misinformation"
In response to Reply #6

There are no "very good players" who love shifters.

nepentheMon 06-Feb-06 05:07 PM
3430 posts
#45496, "RE: Misinformation"
In response to Reply #7

I likely have a different standard for good than you do.

(Obviously, mine is correct.)

Alidove (Guest)Mon 06-Feb-06 11:44 AM

#45489, "See you"
In response to Reply #1

Nothing personal. Was just doing my maran duties. You seemed competant though. And yes, I usually would overprepare to fight.

Anaconda with wands might be alright. But agaisnt all the enemies you face, I can see why you dont like it. Its not defensive enough to survive the gangs that are always after you. Add to that the cap on your cabal and the fact that only one or two are logged on at any time, makes for a tough go.

It would have been hard too for gathering with both forms have blunt attacks. Somewhat.

I would have liked to have interacted more, other than just hunting. Take care.

Zarye (Guest)Mon 06-Feb-06 12:29 PM

#45491, "RE: See you"
In response to Reply #3

Understood. Boy there were some times when I just wanted to throw my monitor out the window because of that pesky Osprey. You never got me, but at the same time I could never be fully comfortable doing anything as long as I knew you were around. Atleast I got to know Ktengs a little better due mostly to you.

That being said, yeah I was frustrated, and I'm sure that was transparent in my actions. You have a great combo and a seemingly endless a/b/s supply as well. I think thats what frustrated me as my barrier knowledge is quite limited and the one time I went head to head with you I had aura/shield/stoneskin/protection and about a 500hp despoil. I still ran away almost dead and you at about half health. At that point I knew I couldn't beat you head to head and decided just to avoid you.

I will say that you were very persistant and unwavering, and while there may have been some sympathy in the players mind, you never let it bleed into your char and for that I can respect you. I pretty sure of the player, and I just want to wish you luck.

Oh, p.s. - Please tell me you're a squire and not a scribe.

Alidove (Guest)Mon 06-Feb-06 07:49 PM

#45501, "RE: See you"
In response to Reply #5

Scribe.

Its part of my role though to fight evil.

Just kidding...full Maran.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45486 Previous topic | Next topic