Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Razmorthin Zordium the Diviner of..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45341
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 30-Jan-06 01:32 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45341, "(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Razmorthin Zordium the Diviner of Omens, Advisor to the Chancellor"

Mon Jan 30 12:34:03 2006

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Razmorthin perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:389

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Adios from the Advisor., Razmorthin (Guest), 30-Jan-06 07:31 PM, #4
Reply Bah, I hated our fights., Dolza (Guest), 30-Jan-06 08:02 PM, #5
Reply RE: Bah, I hated our fights., Raz (Guest), 31-Jan-06 05:59 AM, #10
Reply RE:, Rushakal (Guest), 30-Jan-06 08:45 PM, #6
Reply One of the first things I was told as Advisor..., Razmorthin (Guest), 31-Jan-06 05:54 AM, #9
Reply Cool enemy., Ilimya (Guest), 31-Jan-06 02:51 PM, #11
Reply RE: Cool enemy., Raz (Guest), 01-Feb-06 12:07 AM, #15
Reply Greetings from the Nether..., Kruuank (Guest), 31-Jan-06 06:18 PM, #12
Reply RE: Greetings from the Nether..., Raz (Guest), 01-Feb-06 12:11 AM, #16
Reply RE: Adios from the Advisor., Eshval, 31-Jan-06 08:08 PM, #13
Reply RE: Adios from the Advisor., Raz (Guest), 01-Feb-06 12:16 AM, #17
Reply You were tough., Gryshilniar, 31-Jan-06 10:42 PM, #14
Reply RE: You were tough., Raz (Guest), 01-Feb-06 12:21 AM, #18
Reply RE: Adios from the Advisor., Azalin (Guest), 01-Feb-06 05:14 PM, #19
Reply RE: Adios from the Advisor., Larinus (Guest), 02-Feb-06 06:16 AM, #21
     Reply RE: Adios from the Advisor., Razmorthin (Guest), 03-Feb-06 11:19 AM, #22
Reply Unkillable., Bjurn (Guest), 30-Jan-06 04:30 PM, #1
     Reply More accurately..., Bjurn (Guest), 30-Jan-06 04:31 PM, #2
          Reply Undefeatable by Bjurn you mean....., Lightmaged (Guest), 30-Jan-06 06:45 PM, #3
               Reply She would wade through the whole fortress., Bjurn (Guest), 30-Jan-06 09:18 PM, #7
               Reply RE: Undefeatable by Bjurn you mean....., Raz (Guest), 31-Jan-06 05:39 AM, #8
                    Reply So you were Kaazra!, Volicitry (Guest), 01-Feb-06 05:26 PM, #20

Razmorthin (Guest)Mon 30-Jan-06 07:31 PM

#45347, "Adios from the Advisor."
In response to Reply #0

Lo all,

After a week of waiting I finally get to post my goodbyes!  sweet. I made this character shortly after I failed to lich Kaazra and where Kaazra was my supreme rp effort, Razmorthin started more or less lackluster. He was just a conjurer from the high tower who wanted to get rich, powerful, and have lots of obedient minions. I evolved a bit and actually made a bit of a personality for him but I was also very lazy writing role chapters and after the initial postings I completely neglected them. If you read my role when/if my pbf gets posted you’ll find that it bears little resemblance to the character he was from levels 40ish+. My main motivation to make this character was all the changes that had gone in just after I deleted my previous conjurer, Jhyrdaer. I also was minded of the powerhouse Illivara was and sought to try to inspire the sort of fear that she did. I think I did a decent job of scaring the forties but I was far too soft on Scions as a whole. I hate booting people.

My real life did get really busy the last weeks of December and the first few of January and in the intervening time my devils got totally ####ed over by some change that happened a week or so before Christmas. Competition w/stuff irl coupled with my limited options in pk (read zap/lash/flash/faerie fire/dispel/warp dimension), constantly facing hordes of enemies, and a desire to play a different sort of character lead to my eventual deletion. To Scion I am sorry I dragged it out as long as I did but you’ve got great imms who’ll take care of things till another chancellor/advisor is chosen.

Regarding that change I’m referring to… If there are any current conjie players out there who’d humor me… could you tell me how obedient your devils were? As an orderly evil geared w/max charisma I thought they would be more inclined to be obedient but my devils were almost constantly unhappy. They were slow to follow me and would usually stop following me completely about 20 ticks after I bound them. They also had a nasty habit of turning on me with startling frequency sometimes when I still had more than 50% of my hp. If anyone is interested you wish to see the log it is up at Dioxides ( http://www.qhcf.net/cforum/logs/vpost.pl?63572 ). Anyway if this was a localized on me phenomenon I’d very much like to know. All of November and most of December the devils were consistently obedient and around the time Nepenthe fixed the demon mad attacking bug everything went to #### for me in the devil department.

It was really hard to delete this character given the way the RNG favored me. I geuss after getting ####ed by the RNG when I tried to lich fate decided to throw me a bone and give me the raven which is SO much better than the imp (I had that one with Jhyrdaer). Frankly it is my opinion that either the raven and to a lesser extent the quasit need to be toned down or the imp needs some major loving if they’re supposed to be at all equal to each other powerwise.

I really love Scion’s background rp & storyline. One thing I really regret with both of my recent scions (Maztriel & Razmorthin) was that I spent little time seeking out and interacting with the Scion immortals. I never really learned much about Scion that the average member did not know and as a leader I should have put in more effort into many things including delving into the depths of Scion lore and again being a hardass & kicking more people. There were a number of factors beyond my soft-heart that made it rough to kick people. I always wanted to have a firm reason to do it – they ####ed up. Most Scions don’t do anything to terribly stupid though and I had to force such things like that if I wanted them to happen, also the people who I usually most wanted gone were also the ones who were never on. With both Maztriel and Razmorthin I found the 12 person membership cap to be extremely trying. When the cabal was full (with half the people dormant) I’d have to turn away excellent applicants because we were full, when we had space there was hardly anyone looking to get in at all. When you are at war with 3-4 other cabals having a maximum membership of 12 really really sucks.

Anyway enough of my blabbering, time to move on to personal goodbyes.

Scion:

Muuloc: Thanks for the talks, you always made things entertaining in the chasm. Those large nightwalkers were a huge pain in the ass but it gave us something to do. I’m curious to see what becomes of that whole shebang.

Eshval: I know I didn’t put my best foot forward during our talks but thanks for making me Advisor all the same. I half expected someone else would get the leadership position and while I think I did alright at first, I’m sorry I was a bit of a failure for the past few weeks. If I make another scion I’ll do better to be coherent and have a better starting role. Have fun dealing with your cabal of miscreants.

Chakru: From the time I killed you back in our early 20s I suspected we would interact a lot for the rest of our characters lives. It was great having you around and I sorely missed your absentminded healing after you deleted

Vorlan: You are a real beast and I hope you get a leadership position. You were a formidable ally and one that was somewhat of an enigma to Raz. Good luck with everything and keep up the slaughter.

Zelaton: Aside from the fact you deleted too early I’ve got nothing but good things to say about you. You play an awesome tranny and I liked your dedication to the scion questy stuff. Thanks for the good times and good luck in everything you choose to pursue in life.

Azalin: I hate you for deleting :-P

Millia: When we first met I was continually impressed with your solid RP and your keen healing eye & reflexes. As far as I’m concerned, you give Zargu a run for his money for the title of best scion healer ever. I am surprised you never got more recognition for your efforts though at the end it seemed your RP was starting to disintegrate. I regret you had such a rough time vs the horde and I wish we’d had a chance to go to the Inferno together.

Greddarh: You looked to be a solid A-P, I saw nothing but good things from you.

Agavripos: I never saw much of you, possibly due to my not playing enough, but I hope you become a consistent presence for the chasm in the future. You showed a lot of promise to me.

Duhree, Tsilus, Ktephes, and probably a few others… I never was keen on inducting any of you but each of you put in enough effort that you made it hard for me to kick you.

Alizara & Bevenal: You two were some of the most promising applicants that I saw that never got a crack at being scions. I’m sorry things turned out the way they did for you.

Village:

I really hated all you whip-spec bastards After that unfortunate incident with Surthurr I never wanted to fight in the village vs a whip spec if I could avoid it. That goes doubly for Dolza and Kaisse. Both of you guys gave me good fights and I hated dying to your gangs.

Darus: You were my toughest opposition in the village, thanks for fighting me alone.

None of the rest of you really impacted me very much, respond and I’ll comment.

Fort:

Gryshilniar: You’ve got some mad skills and are very fast. You’re a great marshall from what I saw and I hope you stick it out.

Waandatris: I had no idea you were a goodie until after the first time you killed my raven. Boy were those kicks in the pants. You were an annoying bugger and the first fort air shifter to make more than token efforts to kill my familiar.

Feichin: Good battles, you’ve got a lot of heart.

Alriac: After my devils got ####ed fighting you was a nightmare. You’ve got a powerful combo and you use it well.

Kelayna: I began to feel bad about all the times I killed you. You struck me as a noob and I’m glad to see you’re still playing despite all the adversity you’ve faced.

Hirken: You really should have made more effort to kill my raven.

Xilla: We had an interesting history and you were one of the only fort members to actually speak with me. Thanks for being a worthy enemy and know that you were such an effective enemy that whenever we fought I was aiming for you first!

Empire:

Niazuruzain: Good fights, I was a bit wary of you and your infernal luck. I can’t believe some of the times you got away from me.

Serduk: You were a very effective bard and your nocturne caused me all kinds of problems.

Welp, that’s it folks. I know I forgot a goodly number of people and I’d be more than happy to respond to anyone who replys to this thread. Thanks again to the imms who make such a great game and to all of you who play it to give me people to kill. Razmorthin was a lot of fun and I’m hoping my future incarnations are as much fun to play as he was.

See you in the Fields,

Razmorthin

Formerly:

Kaazra, Maztriel, Jhyrdaer, Rashgar, Nagesh, Kwalin, Jarold, Solias, Kibling, Gralith, Elamish, and maybe one or two others I don’t remember off the top of my head.

Dolza (Guest)Mon 30-Jan-06 08:02 PM

#45349, "Bah, I hated our fights."
In response to Reply #4

I fought you whenever I could but I don't think we ever had a straight up one on one. You always came around when I was in bad shape and I had to high tail it out of there. That time when I was trying to recover the head from empire and I managed to kill the necro defending only to try and wait out my blindness near death when you came in and finished me off, bah, that one annoyed me. I was on my last hour of blindness too damnit! Though, fighting you was pretty much an excuse in futility for me. You are a very cautious player and I never once managed to get the jump on you without you having serious protections up and a whole hoarde of shawtabbies, devils, elementals, nightwalkers... I would still try and fight you whenever I could though, but I could never catch you alone. I never ganged you once in my life that I can remember but I got worked by a few of you and your crew while trying to raid the chasm a couple times. It's just the nature of our cabals I guess.

I was always looking forward to fighting you one on one but then I got busy and had to leave CF for a while and when I came back, you did the same thing. A pity. Razmorthin was a skilled conjurer.

Kaazra was also my bane early on. You totally owned me pre level 40 at least twice. Then when you found out I was a whip spec, you never came near me ever again though I did manage to get you back once or twice. I hated that you deleted. I was looking forward to rematches without your level advantage.

All in all, both were fearsome, well played characters that I wanted to fight more but unfortunately, was unable to. Good luck on your next.

Raz (Guest)Tue 31-Jan-06 05:59 AM

#45364, "RE: Bah, I hated our fights."
In response to Reply #5

Yeah it seems our fights were always a bunch on one end and a loner on the other. I wasn't about to go traipsing around where someone was likely to find me w/o servators, in fact i think only one or two of my deaths were when i got caught w/my pants down.

As for Kaazra I didn't delete I got destroyed! I'd have traded Razmorthin for a lich Kaazra w/a couple extra con any day Here's to more Dolza power!

I'll see you in the Fields.

Rushakal (Guest)Mon 30-Jan-06 08:45 PM

#45350, "RE:"
In response to Reply #4

I hated deleting soon after you became leader. I knew you knew your stuff and would be a constant presence in hero land. I thought you did a solid job with a tough class that's as fickle as me choosing what to eat on any given day.

Well done on confronting me about showing up. Until this week, I've always played just one character at a time. You noticed my time waning, asked about it, and had the decency to understand. Sometimes I dislike only playing 2 hours a week, but them's the breaks. I can't wait to clash with you in game on the next character!

The Forsaken

Razmorthin (Guest)Tue 31-Jan-06 05:54 AM

#45363, "One of the first things I was told as Advisor..."
In response to Reply #6

Was not to be too liberal with kicking people. If the gods had kept mum I probably would have kicked you and never bothered to ask questions later. I really did like Rushakal's rp but with a limited # of seats scion can't afford to have inactive members. Anyway I'm glad to hear you're back and maybe we'll cross swords again soon.

Ilimya (Guest)Tue 31-Jan-06 02:51 PM

#45378, "Cool enemy."
In response to Reply #4

Glad you had fun.

You played a mean conjurer. You caused me some nasty deaths pre-hero/pre outlander. Once I hit hero and had chameolon, you stopped being a serious threat. On the other hand, I couldn't do a single thing to you. Your nice 'Predictably weak' comment had me scratching my head for a way to deal with you, but I just came up short. Well done.

Raz (Guest)Wed 01-Feb-06 12:07 AM

#45389, "RE: Cool enemy."
In response to Reply #11

Well I only hunted you when there were no other enemies in range. You were in real trouble until you ranked up enough/geared enough/whatever enough until you could beat those nightgaunts. After that I rarely saw you again. I don't evem remember making that comment Thanks for the compliment though and I'll see you in the fields.

Kruuank (Guest)Tue 31-Jan-06 06:18 PM

#45382, "Greetings from the Nether..."
In response to Reply #4

You were the best friend a uncaballed retarded fire giant could ever hope for.

I learned a shiz load in all of our travels, and I can't believe I went to Hell. It was fun, but %%%% that ring, man, it screwed me/us bad.

Hope to see you again in the fields, I loved Razmorthin and had some 'interesting' times with Kaazra.

Raz (Guest)Wed 01-Feb-06 12:11 AM

#45390, "RE: Greetings from the Nether..."
In response to Reply #12

I can't believe I forgot to mention you in my good-byes. You were a huge help to scion and to me especially. We sure were a lethal pair when we were together and I'm glad I helped you out. If you stick around you'll definetly see me around.

Hope the girlfriend abides and all your endeavors are fruitful.

Raz

EshvalTue 31-Jan-06 08:08 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45385, "RE: Adios from the Advisor."
In response to Reply #4

I noticed your interest wained especially following a particularly nasty death on your part, and I would have been surprised to see you return as you times and interest in this character lessened. Your position as advisor was a consensus among the Scion imms, but I got to pull the trigger and make it happen, which was quite enjoyable.

Scion has reasons for its membership cap, and yes, a dozen is about what we allow. Let me say that if we allowed Scion to increase much beyond that, combined with their cabal powers, the playing field would be horrible for non-scions. Yes, it is a problem when half of Scion is a bit lax on their appearances...some folks contact me and let me know if there is a problem, and I attempt to work with them if at all possible, but even that has limits.

As Advisor, you were formidable at times, especially with the right Scion support. Generally speaking, that is the trademark of Scion though, they have an impact where ever they are.

Good luck on the new aspect, I look forward to hearing of your exploits.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

Raz (Guest)Wed 01-Feb-06 12:16 AM

#45391, "RE: Adios from the Advisor."
In response to Reply #13

Heh, I probably wont be as standout with my new incarnation as my old. I'm typically an evil mage player, but what I've got now is very foreign to me and I am mediocre at best. I wont say the nasty deaths didn't discourage me... they did... but what discouraged me more was being alone all the time. If I could get some help I knew I could regear quickly and likely have the same set I lost within a few days time. I did in fact loose my killer set several times but always got it back.

Anyway thanks again for everything and you are the best goddess scion could ever hope for.

Raz

GryshilniarTue 31-Jan-06 10:42 PM
Member since 31st Jan 2006
85 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45387, "You were tough."
In response to Reply #4

Gryshilniar: You’ve got some mad skills and are very fast. You’re a great marshall from what I saw and I hope you stick it out.

I did manage to stick it out! We had some pretty legendary fights from my perspective, bashing you down in a defense was definitely a highlight for me :p . I think you got me as well a couple times though, and we always managed to beat each other up pretty good.

Lots of fun, good luck with your next.
Grysh.

Raz (Guest)Wed 01-Feb-06 12:21 AM

#45392, "RE: You were tough."
In response to Reply #14

You sure did. Congratulations on ascending! We did have some good fights and by my count I think I got you 3 times and you got me twice... and both times I was hitting myself after the fact

As for my next... thanks, and you've already crossed paths with him though I wont tell you in what capacity

Azalin (Guest)Wed 01-Feb-06 05:14 PM

#45412, "RE: Adios from the Advisor."
In response to Reply #4

Azalin: I hate you for deleting :-P

Awww....I love you too man! Heh, anyways, as a scion before and leader before Razmorthin really was pretty good from what I can remember. It's been a while since I really interacted with you in any capacity, but things were fun and being new to the class it was probably rather obvious...I felt your pain about being alone a lot, though frustration mixed with other responsibilities pulled me away unfortunately. (Dying to entwine at the Big D, with two lions and a healer? with me is very frustrating followed by a full loot and trash talk from a certain rager which had just died and got all of his clothes back, including coins.)

Anyways, I had big plans for Azalin and with you there I honestly suspected we were going to accomplish what we wanted to. Well good luck with the next and always have fun!

Larinus (Guest)Thu 02-Feb-06 06:16 AM

#45430, "RE: Adios from the Advisor."
In response to Reply #4

Well, this is a big loss. Not that I saw you much in the past, oh, month or so. I wonder if I fall into the category of "never really keen on inducting you", I dunno. My playtimes have been limited sometimes, and my abilities as well, but I'm working at it.

Razmorthin (Guest)Fri 03-Feb-06 11:19 AM

#45447, "RE: Adios from the Advisor."
In response to Reply #21

I really wanted to induct you from day 1 but the cabal #s made it impossible for a long time. I cooled a little in my enthusiasm for you later on but I always liked you. I wouldn't have inducted you otherwise.

Bjurn (Guest)Mon 30-Jan-06 04:30 PM

#45342, "Unkillable."
In response to Reply #0

When prepared.

Bjurn (Guest)Mon 30-Jan-06 04:31 PM

#45343, "More accurately..."
In response to Reply #1

Undefeatable

Lightmaged (Guest)Mon 30-Jan-06 06:45 PM

#45344, "Undefeatable by Bjurn you mean....."
In response to Reply #2

But anyhow, back to Razmorthin.

Cool char. I remember helping you rank up with Harkan. I liked the roleplay. Wish we could have interacted more, especially wanted to hunt with you.

I enjoyed reading the logs too.

Bjurn (Guest)Mon 30-Jan-06 09:18 PM

#45352, "She would wade through the whole fortress."
In response to Reply #3

Not just Bjurn

Raz (Guest)Tue 31-Jan-06 05:39 AM

#45362, "RE: Undefeatable by Bjurn you mean....."
In response to Reply #3

Thanks for the compliment. At the time I really appreciated you helping me rank, those water forms of yours were awesome! It's too bad you deleted, I think you would have been a shoe in for chancellor/advisor.

Volicitry (Guest)Wed 01-Feb-06 05:26 PM

#45414, "So you were Kaazra!"
In response to Reply #8

I thought I saw some similaritys between the two. I hated fighting you. I actually started a conji after seeing how somone like yourself could pull it off. Good luck with your next

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45341 Previous topic | Next topic