Subject: "(AUTO) [None] Garlaath the Legend of the Battlefield" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45310
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 28-Jan-06 12:36 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45310, "(AUTO) [None] Garlaath the Legend of the Battlefield"

Sat Jan 28 11:38:23 2006

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Garlaath perished, never to return.

Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:148

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

some gnome (Guest)Sat 28-Jan-06 04:30 PM

#45314, "RE: (AUTO) [None] Garlaath the Legend of the Battlefiel..."
In response to Reply #0

Bah! Every weekend I was waiting for you to be around. Enjoyed your company all the time. Lots of places to visit are still waiting for us.

Tsilus (Guest)Sat 28-Jan-06 09:39 PM

#45318, "I made you a powerhouse in like 30 minutes =P"
In response to Reply #1

I so felt like we were cheating in Ktengs, but Anaconda is a damn good thing to train on. I think we perfected your cutoff/parting block in 15 min, that was just plain silly. Anyways I really liked your char, you really knew what was going an and seemed like a tough ass mercenary that just fought for when he had to. Hope you have others!

Garlaath (Guest)Sat 25-Feb-06 09:08 PM

#46149, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

Well, I never planned to stop playing this character but real life interfered, and I haven't been able to get down to Manchester for ages (where I have my internet connection for gaming).

Anyway, I had a good time with this character. Didn't kill many people because I didn't have a lot of fights when I got a chance, but the kills I did get were very sweet. Ones that stick in my memory were the Imperial Arcane that turned on me and tried to dispel my waterbreathing (pretty pointless with my legacies), who I killed with a gnome trib healer when he had Rowan to help him. Another was Laenilis (I think) who I took down in the wilds, after telling my groupmate to let me face him solo. That was very satisfying although he wiped the floor with me when I walked into briars at the exit to a maze, not realising it was a full moon.

Had a great time exploring and trying out some of the new exploration skills. (Nice work on those btw imms.) Learnt a few new things and FINALLY made it into the Silent Tower. Kind of annoys me because I now realise how close I was with previous characters. I would have con died this char in there had I been able to, instead of auto-deleting. I died a few times doing stuff that I figured would get me killed but did them anyway to test various theories. Thanks to whichever imm helped me get rid of those buggy daggers that filled my inventory but couldn't be targetted with any actions. Silent Tower looks great though. Some day I'll roll someone with it in mind, but unfortunately not for at least 6 months.

Thanks also to the imm that changed my name. I was planning on playing a wood elf ranger so I picked an elvish name before seeing a mino slot was available.

Basically Garlaath was meant to be a kind of cross between a free spirit and a mercenary. He pretty much fought where people pissed him off and left others be, unless he got paid. He wasn't meant to cross his friends, although he probably did now and then, by accident.

Maelstrom is a great legacy.
Enigma is ok. Maybe it was my low int that meant that wands failed for me too much. I had fun plaguing people that I'd choked though. Think it gave one or two a surprise.

Thanks to everyone I met. Won't list names as there were quite a few of you and it was quite a long time ago. Will say bye and thanks to Tsilus though, since I really wasn't expecting him to honor his part of the deal to help me train my skills. Garlaath was just at a loose end. Not that I ever really used those skills much (if at all). People never really attacked me with physical attacks and most of the time I wanted to entwine rather than use cut-off. (I only planned to use cut-off to help prevent mages wording.)

Thanks to the imms for a great game. Shame I can't play it these days.

Garlaath/Daurwyn/Lokrin/Manzinul/Emeris/Szchada/Baendra + loads of others I can't be bothered to name now as it is 2am.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45310 Previous topic | Next topic