Subject: "(DEL) <BATTLE> Varrik the Village Monk, Captain of the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4525
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 14-Feb-02 08:02 AM
Member since 07th May 2024
16833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4525, "(DEL) Varrik the Village Monk, Captain of the Shields"

Thu Feb 14 08:00:54 2002

11 o''clock PM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Frost Giant on the Theran calendar Varrik perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:338
PK Ratio:82% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Varrik the Village Monk, Captain of ..., Divox (Guest) (Guest), 14-Feb-02 11:30 PM, #11
Reply RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Varrik the Village Monk, Captain of ..., Antaroc (Guest) (Guest), 14-Feb-02 05:41 PM, #8
Reply Goodbye, Varrik (Guest) (Guest), 14-Feb-02 11:38 AM, #2
Reply RE: Goodbye, Aristen (Guest) (Guest), 14-Feb-02 01:20 PM, #3
Reply RE: Goodbye, Nydeikon (Guest) (Guest), 14-Feb-02 01:31 PM, #4
Reply RE: Goodbye, Kohiga (Guest) (Guest), 14-Feb-02 02:40 PM, #5
Reply didn't like or respect this character, Daurwyn (Guest) (Guest), 14-Feb-02 04:15 PM, #6
Reply looting, Varrik (Guest) (Guest), 14-Feb-02 05:03 PM, #7
     Reply ok. in my view the problem comes here, Daurwyn (Guest) (Guest), 14-Feb-02 06:02 PM, #9
Reply RE: Goodbye, Penz (Guest) (Guest), 14-Feb-02 09:13 PM, #10
Reply Take care, Anborankein (Guest) (Guest), 17-Feb-02 03:44 PM, #12
Reply RE: Goodbye, Taranac (Guest) (Guest), 19-Feb-02 12:04 PM, #13
Reply RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Varrik the Village Monk, Captain of ..., Dullameh (Guest) (Guest), 14-Feb-02 10:29 AM, #1

Divox (Guest) (Guest)Thu 14-Feb-02 11:30 PM

#4526, "RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Varrik the Village Monk, Captain of ..."
In response to Reply #0

Well Varrik, you made the village strong towards the end of my mortal life. You also rubbed me the wrong way (and it had nothing to do with the full looting, I'm actually very used to that). Other then the one death right before I immed, I liked your character and yes, I was a bit "miffed" about what happened but took me a while to calm down and realize that once again, I did something stupid.

Well, all in all, you were one of those guys who held up the village and that I do respect. Well done for that role as it was well known you did full loot and yes it did piss off many people. I think it is kind of funny that you're a goodie too on top of that. Ironic...

Divox

Antaroc (Guest) (Guest)Thu 14-Feb-02 05:41 PM

#4527, "RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Varrik the Village Monk, Captain of ..."
In response to Reply #0

Pateience and Skill, you have them boh, Assasination is the best roue to go with a defender, I was always watching for you anf was Impressed you would come fight me even in town. The one time you did get me I knew you were there, and after drink gourd word was stacked, sadly you hit me before that. Mongoose dangersense is a great thing, the fact I didnt see you at all. was it by chance you found me in Udgaard or was there more too it ? Much respect to the character and to the player.

Varrik (Guest) (Guest)Thu 14-Feb-02 11:38 AM

#4528, "Goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

I'd like to thank Penz and Bereuht for running around with me. I also want to thank Taranac for being one of my favorite applicants ever.

Thror: Sorry big guy, I really didn't want to be a leader and I was feeling more and more trapped. I wanted this to be a char with no real responsibilities, but it was not going that way at all. Thanks for the time spent with the pseudo-quest.

Nexites: Fight evil sometimes, fight good sometimes...but always fight the village first. I want to thank you guys for bolstering my pk ratio. Nydeikon, you had my number.

Smart mages don't die to villagers. Some of you actually knew this. Every single mage I killed made a mistake. I watch battleragers die and there is nothing they can do to stop it sometimes. Just an observation.

Peace.

Aristen (Guest) (Guest)Thu 14-Feb-02 01:20 PM

#4537, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #2

I fell to you once, I think. I'm not sure what the full-loot thing was about, but as I told you in character, turnabout. Well played, you kept me on my toes on a number of occaisions.

"Smart mages don't die to villagers. Some of you actually knew this. Every single mage I killed made a mistake. I watch battleragers die and there is nothing they can do to stop it sometimes."

Agreed. The only ones I ever worry about are the assassins.

Again, well done. Enjoy the next.

Nydeikon (Guest) (Guest)Thu 14-Feb-02 01:31 PM

#4536, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #2

Damn, that really sucks. I enjoyed our fights, thanks for the fun. Strangely enough when you are Penz were coming up I had all this respect for you and none what-so-ever for Penz. I surely thought you were the next leader. Then somewhere in there you really started rubbing me the wrong way and all that changed (I'm assuming because you had me mixed up with someone else), but in the end I think we got it straight and I started to respect you again there at the end (as I got to know more about you). Over all a very well played characer and it was very interesting to see our roles conflict so much. I always knew I could count on you coming and fighting, that I liked about you, alot. Again, thanks for the fun and great char. Luck on your next one, and all that jazz.

That Whil guy.

Kohiga (Guest) (Guest)Thu 14-Feb-02 02:40 PM

#4535, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #2

Well I don't think I interacted with you that much but I remember dying to you for one reason.. I learned that even a mage needs potions of return. One tigerclaw and I couldn't get away(blind in the Dranetti forest). The full loot thing annoyed me but hey.. it happens. Not sure about the power level of the village right now but I have had few conflict with ragers.

Daurwyn (Guest) (Guest)Thu 14-Feb-02 04:15 PM

#4532, "didn't like or respect this character"
In response to Reply #2

That's not to say you weren't likeable or worthy of respect, but my interaction with you consisted of a fight with you and Penz in the village, where you and I ended up fighting outside and you got away. Then I fell to four of you in the Tower and you sacced all my stuff.

I have no respect to someone who sacs everything your enemy wears. I can see why you do it, but I don't respect it. Out of interest, do all your character do this, or just Varrik for specific reasons?

I will say that you are correct when you say mages die to their mistakes. It was a mistake of mine that got me killed. I should have prepped before attacking, but had flight not fallen I think I'd have escaped.

When our paths crossed after that, you didn't stay even to attempt a fight (and I was out for revenge too). I wouldn't expect you to after being gaunted that time, but what about bumping into each other on the eastern road? Surely the hatred for magic would warrant at least an attempt on my life? It's not like I can lag you reliably.

Varrik (Guest) (Guest)Thu 14-Feb-02 05:03 PM

#4533, "looting"
In response to Reply #6

IC: The character was sphere anger. He loathed mages with all his heart and wanted to destroy them. He wanted to make them suffer. Make war so painful that your enemy does not want to fight. Break his spirit. One of the central points of this character was an attempt to show how brutal war really is. It is difficult to do this, I didnt even come close.

OOC: I don't like when people whine about it. Every post I see on any forum that complains about looting bugs me. This is the first character of mine that made it policy to leave the enemy nothing. Aside from the IC reason, it really bugs me when people don't take death seriously. You must go in thinking that your are putting everything on the line. You should act like each incarnation is your last incarnation.

It was interesting to see who complained about it, and then who did it. You can say its 'an eye for an eye', or you can say that people are generally hypocrits. Those who complained about it, then did it, had malleable ideals. Those who I killed, then offered me my armor back after I fell, impressed me with the move. It was a gracious move. Its was mocking and belittling. I never took it back, but it did impress me when someone made the connection that doing this to me was the ultimate insult.

Daurwyn (Guest) (Guest)Thu 14-Feb-02 06:02 PM

#4534, "ok. in my view the problem comes here"
In response to Reply #7

"Make war so painful that your enemy does not want to fight. Break his spirit. "

This is the bit I mean...

"Break his spirit."

With the exception of a few gifted role-players, the only way to break someone's spirit in the game, is to break it out of the game. I would say that this means they are no longer enjoying the game . At the end of the day it is a game, and we're all here to have fun.

When looted, I can pick myself up and get on with things again though at the cost of time I'd rather spend doing other stuff, and I know you can too. But when people are still getting the hang of Thera's layout it is very difficult for them to do. Getting looted really hurts them and that someone wants to do that is my main objection with it.

Also, if you break the spirit of enough people in a cabal it can dwindle to the extent that you've got no enemies left to fight. I think that plays at least some part in the way cabals can nearly die out at times.

Penz (Guest) (Guest)Thu 14-Feb-02 09:13 PM

#4531, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #2

Bah, why delete? oh well, Penz is going to miss you. It is pretty tough bein a rager right now, and the village needs everyone it can get. with the loss of one of its most active defenders...well it shant be pretty anyways, I hope you had fun, as I did when you and penz would go mage huntin'. I hope you decide to come back to the fields!

Anborankein (Guest) (Guest)Sun 17-Feb-02 03:44 PM

#4530, "Take care"
In response to Reply #2

I thought you did a great job. I think you assasinated me once...but never got a response or anything. I was in the Valley of Veran for a long time and then 'sensed' danger. I was heading out of there, and teleported near galadon. I decided to return to the tower and was promptly assasinated on the east road. Was that you? Good job if it was.

It gets annoying with all the 'assasinate/(if it fails)/flee' people around, and you clearly were not. Our fights were few but fun. Hope to see you back maybe on 'our team' hehe

Taranac (Guest) (Guest)Tue 19-Feb-02 12:04 PM

#4529, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #2

Varrik,

While I was an applicant, interacting with you was the best part of my day. I don't know how you would do it, but you always seemed to find me either right before or after a fight with someone. I appreciated the little tactics sessions I had with you and I wish it could have continued after I gained my hut, though it seemed that our times stopped being the same.

Either way, I learned a great deal about assassins from you.

Thanks for making my experience better and more interesting.

Dullameh (Guest) (Guest)Thu 14-Feb-02 10:29 AM

#4538, "RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Varrik the Village Monk, Captain of ..."
In response to Reply #0

Varrik bothered me a whole lot; I'll miss having him around.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4525 Previous topic | Next topic