Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Googee the Master of Dismemberment" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45058
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 22-Jan-06 01:44 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45058, "(DELETED) [None] Googee the Master of Dismemberment"

Sun Jan 22 12:47:37 2006

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Googee perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:46
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:53

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well, I am still left wanting with orcs., Abernytee (Guest), 22-Jan-06 01:53 PM, #1
     Reply Orc Tennis LOL., Orc Friend (Guest), 22-Jan-06 02:40 PM, #2
     Reply I agree, DurNominator, 22-Jan-06 05:40 PM, #3
     Reply Swat.., Vylvfaenis (Guest), 22-Jan-06 05:48 PM, #4
     Reply Yeah, that was me you attacked by the inn, Abernytee (Guest), 23-Jan-06 11:24 AM, #5
     Reply Some thoughts, Trelant (Guest), 23-Jan-06 03:28 PM, #6
     Reply Adaptations, And missing an orc, Xzarg (Guest), 26-Jan-06 10:18 AM, #7

Abernytee (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 01:53 PM

#45060, "Well, I am still left wanting with orcs."
In response to Reply #0

I went Mamlauk after trying to decide between it and Skrugga. Stonehands was alrightish, helped me wield a few more lbs than normal. Never notced if it every stopped me from dropping weapons or not when maledicted because I was usually dead by that time. This brings me to my biggest gripe about the mamlauk. Whomp, even when perfected and a hitroll of 50+ still missed too often and resulted in me missing a swing and being lagged 3 rounds. When it hits it is good when ranking but I would not use it in PK because of the unreliability and lag. Swat is potentially very cool and I liked it as a skill, it worked alot on mobs, just failed everytime in PK for me. Brute force was slightly noticable on mobs but never really outhit anything I fought, warrior, assassin or shifter. Hack was another 3 round lag job and for that I think it is pointless. Most of the orcs skills when Mamlauk ae 3 round lag and most of the time I was either fleeing or dead within 3-5 rounds so it does not do me much good. I used protection and stone skin for most of these fight so it is not like I was just prepless. AFter hitting 43, everyday had atleast 1 or more air/offense shifter deaths or maran gang deaths or empire gang deaths, or rager gang deaths and if I actually think about it, it was almost always gangs or orc tennis. Just found orcs as frustrating as they always were. Gutted, really Gutted.

Orc Friend (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 02:40 PM

#45072, "Orc Tennis LOL."
In response to Reply #1

If for nothing else but that term this post kick ass. Got any ideas what would make orcs more even with the other classes? Maybe they are just more balanced for lowbie and hero play. Shrug.

DurNominatorSun 22-Jan-06 05:40 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45101, "I agree"
In response to Reply #2

Orc tennis is a good term. I felt like that too, when the Outlander field artillery was patrolling Eastern and Ghak was taking the Outlander route home, then suddenly running into Dinian and Nurnihan who were in Frigid wasteland, having to run away from them instead. They were too quick and Ghak died. But I agree that it felt like orc tennis when there were enemies everywhere.

Vylvfaenis (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 05:48 PM

#45102, "Swat.."
In response to Reply #1

I had my weapons swatted away from me on a regular basis but I guess it could be because I was an Elf ie weak race?

Abernytee (Guest)Mon 23-Jan-06 11:24 AM

#45120, "Yeah, that was me you attacked by the inn"
In response to Reply #4

You were the only person swat actually worked for. I thought it must be because you had daggers but was not sure.

-----Abernyte

Trelant (Guest)Mon 23-Jan-06 03:28 PM

#45127, "Some thoughts"
In response to Reply #1

I think these are the types of characters that are supposed to be hard to play, hard to rank, hard to win, hard to roleplay.

I'll have a lot more to say when I die, but I agree with everyone's sentiments about Orcs. They are tuff. You are pretty much either going to win, or lose right from the beginning of every fight. Although I will say I have gotten exponentially better at pulling my ass out of the fire lately, and I believe its because of my new protocol of never ever ever going anywhere without teleport potions and what not. But who knows..maybe Im just fleeing sooner.

I will also echo the Orc Tennis sentiment. Imagine a cabal that essentially makes you a target of everyone. Orcs should be lawless and that makes you a target of Tribs and Empire. Fort of course, and Outlander of course. And then if you decide to make an enemy of Scion then you have them to deal with, and if you side with Scion then you have Battle to deal with. Although most battle has hunted me constantly because of cowardice factor and not even because I used potions or sided with Scion mostly. So yes...you have a big fat target painted on your back. The good thing is..its fairly easy to regear an orc, and well within your roleplay to get a big group of nasties and just go really screw over your enemies when they are hurting. Which is when orcs are at their best. When the other side is down...we go kick mud in their eye. And yeah...flyto/murder shifters..suck wang.

Anyways..I've gone off on a tangent here but I wanted to say I enjoyed MOST of the orcs I have played with recently, although there is always that guarded tension about whether or not the bigger orc is going to try and exert some force over you so theres even some tension WITHIN your own. So yeah.. This orc is the first character I have ever played where I have literally been on edge the entire log on...so theres been a lot of downs, a few ups..but fun regardless.

Hope you enjoy whatever you play next.

Trelant

Xzarg (Guest)Thu 26-Jan-06 10:18 AM

#45208, "Adaptations, And missing an orc"
In response to Reply #1

I miss every orc that falls thru the cracks, You struck me as an orc that knew what they were doing and doing it fine. We all fell to the air spec at least once but he can be avoided even if you have to just stay in orc town or the underdaark. As far as adaptations went i'm sorry mamlauk didn't impress you, my take on adapts are that offensive courses have got to be weaker decisions than the blood utility or defense because orcs are so explosive offensively already; Skrugga seems more and more the best option because its packed full of automatic skills that won't cause you any melee round lag but are quite nice when they kick in, all of them and they are bound to get better the more you rank. Orc has a set of skills that already work and offense is not what they need.

Good luck with your next Orc, to the inferno for the rest of the races

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45058 Previous topic | Next topic