Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Kasdenn Blackstone the Legend of the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45033
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 22-Jan-06 12:28 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45033, "(CON LOSS) [None] Kasdenn Blackstone the Legend of the Battlefield"

Sat Jan 21 23:29:58 2006

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Kasdenn perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:351

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thoughts and Farewells, Kasdenn (Guest), 22-Jan-06 02:35 PM, #9
Reply Tribunal, Kasdenn (Guest), 22-Jan-06 02:36 PM, #10
Reply RE: Tribunal, Vulture_boy (Guest), 23-Jan-06 04:36 PM, #32
Reply Wow, thanks!, Maralailen (Guest), 24-Jan-06 06:38 PM, #34
Reply Fortress, Kasdenn (Guest), 22-Jan-06 02:49 PM, #12
Reply You had some awesome logs., Erivoran (Guest), 24-Jan-06 08:25 AM, #33
Reply RE: Fortress, Razhalia (Guest), 25-Jan-06 11:05 PM, #35
Reply Empire, Kasdenn (Guest), 22-Jan-06 03:00 PM, #13
Reply RE: Empire, Nivult (Guest), 22-Jan-06 04:18 PM, #19
Reply RE: Empire, Kasdenn (Guest), 22-Jan-06 04:34 PM, #20
Reply RE: Empire, Dulmisa (Guest), 22-Jan-06 05:16 PM, #25
Reply Outlanders, Kasdenn (Guest), 22-Jan-06 03:08 PM, #15
Reply Much respect, Ilimya (Guest), 22-Jan-06 04:03 PM, #17
Reply RE: Much respect, Kasdenn (Guest), 22-Jan-06 04:17 PM, #18
Reply Trib I loved to hate, Laenelis (Guest), 22-Jan-06 04:49 PM, #21
Reply RE: Trib I loved to hate, Kasdenn (Guest), 22-Jan-06 04:55 PM, #22
Reply RE: Outlanders, Harlow (Guest), 22-Jan-06 05:03 PM, #23
Reply RE: Outlanders, Kasdenn (Guest), 22-Jan-06 05:10 PM, #24
     Reply RE: Outlanders, Harlow (Guest), 22-Jan-06 05:28 PM, #27
          Reply RE: Outlanders, Kasdenn (Guest), 22-Jan-06 05:40 PM, #28
Reply RE: Outlanders, Arminas (Guest), 22-Jan-06 05:26 PM, #26
Reply Bane, Blidern (Guest), 22-Jan-06 07:37 PM, #29
Reply Herald, Kasdenn (Guest), 22-Jan-06 09:50 PM, #30
Reply RE: Thoughts and Farewells, Aarn, 26-Jan-06 09:56 AM, #36
     Reply Much like McDonald's, I'm lovin' it., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 26-Jan-06 12:52 PM, #37
          Reply RE: Much like McDonald's, I'm lovin' it., nepenthe, 26-Jan-06 01:12 PM, #38
          Reply Or, sadly not post imm comments, Theerkla, 26-Jan-06 01:23 PM, #39
               Reply I just want to see more 'joo got ownzored" in them! nt, Minyar1 (Guest), 26-Jan-06 04:15 PM, #41
          Reply Oh, Aarn, 26-Jan-06 01:37 PM, #40
Reply Still wondering about that death at the Fort..., Kruuank (Guest), 22-Jan-06 02:06 PM, #7
Reply RE: Still wondering about that death at the Fort..., Kasdenn (Guest), 22-Jan-06 02:19 PM, #8
     Reply This post rules., Observer (Guest), 22-Jan-06 02:38 PM, #11
     Reply I was a bit taken aback when you showed too., Razmorthin (Guest), 22-Jan-06 03:06 PM, #14
     Reply RE: I was a bit taken aback when you showed too., Kasdenn (Guest), 22-Jan-06 03:12 PM, #16
     Reply We can agree to disagree., Kruuank (Guest), 23-Jan-06 02:17 AM, #31
Reply Ahh that is bad, Xorvant (Guest), 22-Jan-06 01:53 AM, #3
Reply RE: Ahh that is bad, Kasdenn (Guest), 22-Jan-06 01:48 PM, #5
Reply Holy Hell., Bjurn (Guest), 22-Jan-06 01:32 AM, #2
Reply RE: Holy Hell., Kasdenn (Guest), 22-Jan-06 01:43 PM, #4
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Kasdenn Blackstone the Legend of ..., Fielstithian (Guest), 22-Jan-06 12:40 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Kasdenn Blackstone the Legend of ..., Kasdenn (Guest), 22-Jan-06 01:54 PM, #6

Kasdenn (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 02:35 PM

#45069, "Thoughts and Farewells"
In response to Reply #0

First off, Kasdenn was a fairly enjoyable character to play, even through the good and bad. There were a few things I had intended for this character, but due to circumstance, was never able to accomplish. I met a lot of good people, had a lot of good interactions, had a lot of good fights, had a lot of allies and enemies--what more could you ask for? Though that isn't to say I don't have my complaints either...

Kasdenn (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 02:36 PM

#45070, "Tribunal"
In response to Reply #9

Dalteric - Played a previous character that only partially enjoyed your interactions because of your half-hearted play. Then with this character, you completely took a crap on Kasdenn. I call complete BS on your email. Truthfully, I didn't expect you to even attempt to get Kasdenn back in. So it was a great surprise when you did. Then you picked Falun to be Provost just because of some letter that he wrote which perked your interest. I'm not saying I wanted the position, quite the contrary, I was content just remaining a Provincial. I just think Falun was the poorest choice you could have made, and it really reflects on you, since you're the only cabal's Immortal. I suppose my only question is, do you even enjoy the fruits of Carrion Fields anymore? You seem like an old timer that is simply burnt out. You do absolutely nothing for the cabal, except watch from behind the scene's with your "hands off approach". Really, do something, inspire the cabal and its occupants. Inspire yourself for gods sake, or get off the john.

Falun - Really hated you. That's really all that needs to be said. You're an Imperial in the guise of a Tribunal. Currently, I only see evil Tribunal's. Could this be some coincidence? Seriously, I'm going to enjoy reading your role someday, if its posted. I think there are some behind the scene things going on there that NO ONE knows about or expects from you, which may very well be detailed in your role. But really, I did hate you... a lot. You play off the evil Tribunal pretty well. I could go into more detail about the good, but I won't.

Isnhiooeua - Wow. What happened at the end there? That attack was completely evil oriented. We had zero quarrel with one another, then all of a sudden your trying to kill me, and exploiting my vulnerability with your ram?? Not the actions I would've expected you to take. And certainly not the actions of an all-wise Gnome. The emotes and esays, terrible. Its just the same thing over and over. It adds nothing to the character's persona. And I definitely don't like a mage telling a warrior how he should fight. I saw some really piss poor things from you. But I also saw a lot of good things from you too. You were definitely strong and competent, and I knew I could rely on you while I was in the cabal. Your solid understanding of the game mechanics and workings of the cabal got this character where it is.

Now for the Good, the Better, and the Best.

Maralailen - Awesome character. Full of heart and honesty, true to the cabal and its occupants! I really enjoyed fighting alongside of you. Where did you go?! Then things took a turn for Kasdenn for the worst with you when you became the "Adjutant General". You were a direct accompliss to Falun, who you also believed to be evil and corrupt (or so I thought). And when you got the position, it's like you became his right hand woman. Anyways, I was hoping to see you get Provost. I thought you were a sure foot in the door. Things would be a LOT different right now if you had (rolls eyes at Dalteric).

Platious - Enjoyed your character immensely as well. Liked working with you and hunting with you. Not really sorry about the death there at the end. It seemed apparent that Kasdenn was done with the Tribunal, and the Tribunal done with Kasdenn. I pointed the finger of blame at Isnhiooeua, and took that as an assault against me as a collective effort from the Tribunal. At the end there, Kasdenn believed the Tribunal was definitely corrupt, and that there would be nothing he could do to change it, except for destroy it. Good luck dealing with all the evil's in the cabal now and all the Outlanders. This will be the one time I actually root for the Outlanders. Go Outlanders!

Braeburn - Man I hated that you stepped down from Provost. Man I hated that you deleted on us! You were one of the few people I was hoping to work more with to help bring down the corrupt Provost! Anyways, good Provost, good Vindicator, and a good character all around.

Fendracorl - Pretty much said everything I needed to in our most recent conversation. I was really hoping for a kinsman to take the helm. Anyways, very strong warrior, and an even better character. I get the vibe of the wise deep gnome from you, which I knew of prior to Kasdenn... Good luck old timer. And dang you, share some of the wealth (knowledge!!!). Heheheh. Hope you've learned a lot!

There are some others I know that I am forgetting. So, respond to this and I'll give you a reply!

Vulture_boy (Guest)Mon 23-Jan-06 04:36 PM

#45128, "RE: Tribunal"
In response to Reply #10

>Isnhiooeua - Wow. What happened at the end there? That attack
>was completely evil oriented. We had zero quarrel with one
>another, then all of a sudden your trying to kill me, and
>exploiting my vulnerability with your ram?? Not the actions I
>would've expected you to take. And certainly not the actions
>of an all-wise Gnome. The emotes and esays, terrible. Its just
>the same thing over and over. It adds nothing to the
>character's persona. And I definitely don't like a mage
>telling a warrior how he should fight. I saw some really piss
>poor things from you. But I also saw a lot of good things from
>you too. You were definitely strong and competent, and I knew
>I could rely on you while I was in the cabal. Your solid
>understanding of the game mechanics and workings of the cabal
>got this character where it is.

I will address that last thing when I go. It made the role (actually you made the role more than once =0j)

I certainly wasn't presuming to tell you how to fight, again but once you understand Isnh you will see where that was coming from.
Sorry you didn't like the emotes esays, my sphere choices/role ect are all they are supposed to allude to.

Anyway enough about me. You were solid, you knew your stuff and how. Very competent and dangerous for many people to face, cagey and then at times wrecklessly forcefull. It was obvious your role was walking a very thin line, when Falun took Provost I knew you were going to be in for some hard times. I had in tough at times because OOC I liked you and your ways, but IC Isnh disapproved of what he saw as borderline chaotic behaviour.

Anyway great char. Maybe there will be some preps for the poor other sods now!
See you in the fields.

Maralailen (Guest)Tue 24-Jan-06 06:38 PM

#45159, "Wow, thanks!"
In response to Reply #10

Thanks for the words, I knew once Falun got Provost that the Spire would be losing you. And from a pure pk and numbers perspective, that was going to be a blow Mara wasn't looking forward to.

You seemed fearless, and you taught me alot about warrior preping and fighting, even after having had a number of hero warriors in the past myself, that I am sure to make use of if I ever roll up another warrior.

As how I was dealing with being under Falun?

That, I'll have to take care of explaining once Falun is dead. Heh, rather not get into details about it now.

As for where did I go? Well, that's based on alot of things.

At first, ooc at least, I was glad not to get the Provost slot. why? I was losing interest in Mara, due mainly to the fact that I had come up with a role idea and world-look philosophy that I thought was unique and would be very fun and interesting to play, and also help me make other's have a fun time as well....so I rolled up that char. and got it to like 15 or so.

Then there was that role contest, heh, and I found out my role wasn't that great (not trying to toot my own horn too much, but this is the first, maybe second, time I had entered and not gotten at least an honorable mention of some sort)

This was fine, because some intriguing things were happening in the Spire, and dealing with Falun, and I had some plans for how to deal with the Spire and other cabals. All I had to do was take the time to write it up in role format, and start implementing....

Then a good friend of mine, who I introduced to cf a long time ago but who doesn't play anymore, introduced me to a free 10 day pass to play World of Warcraft.

While it's not cf, I was having alot of fun playing with friends, something you can't (and rightly so) do in cf.

So that 10 day thing passed, and I looked at my plans for mara, and just couldn't work up the desire to put down my ideas into a role and pick the character back up.

To be honest, I didn't even THINK of cf for a number of days until I thought to check to see if I had auto'ed and saw your graveyard post here. So I've logged on and deleted.

Sorry for leaving you and others kindof high-and-dry. guess it's a really good thing I didn't get provost afterall...heh. Maybe something would have come of my plans, and maybe not, but I have a feeling it would have been fun either way. And I can tell you without revealing too much that you figured large in those plans, so I feel bad about dissapearing on you like that

Kasdenn (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 02:49 PM

#45074, "Fortress"
In response to Reply #9

You guys were some of Kasdenn's best friends, even though sometimes it didn't seem reciprocated, since I was, after all, on the outside looking in. But that's okay.

Alriac - Strong, competent warrior. How else should you be described, really? I liked our interactions, and I liked how we saw eye-to-eye on many issues, and couldn't have been any more different on other issues. You're just what the Fortress ordered, and needed. The Fortress always seems to collect newer or more inexperienced players, which then have to fight terminal Imperial players and veteran Scions, and much more. So I think you do a great job leading! Really like the character. Hope you have some con left in you though! A little question I have, that I never got around to asking or seeing. Can the opal be used on yourself?

Gryshilnair - You're in the same boat with Alriac. Just straight hard ass, kick the enemies teeth in attitude. Always ready for anything! I think it's safe to say we could consider each other good allies. Good luck fighting the hordes of evil!

Cryssearra(sp?) and Xorvant - Really wanted to get to know you both better. Definitely liked what I saw. Great addition to the Fortress!

Razhalia - Yes, sometimes I was a bit sporadic. But you always seemed willing to help! I like the spirit I see you bringing into the Acolytes. Really livens things up.

Aarn - Yes. Well. I ended up losing the spirit of Kasdenn after having to fight my way back into Tribunal. That really sucked. But you stuck with me anyways, and I appreciate that. Gave me a lot of moral support, and definitely helped bolster my attitude and spirits. It's a shame that I sort of followed you on a whim, but after our interactions, I hope that we may someday soon meet again in Carrion Fields.

Again, I know there are some people I'm forgetting. Respond and I'll reply.

Erivoran (Guest)Tue 24-Jan-06 08:25 AM

#45143, "You had some awesome logs."
In response to Reply #12

Well done. Look forward to seeing your next character. You made that combo a lot meaner than I would've thought was possible.

Thanks for ranking me up too, I think you got me like 6 ranks in an hour on Calandaryl.

Razhalia (Guest)Wed 25-Jan-06 11:05 PM

#45185, "RE: Fortress"
In response to Reply #12

Razhalia - Yes, sometimes I was a bit sporadic. But you always seemed willing to help! I like the spirit I see you bringing into the Acolytes. Really livens things up.

Wow, someone who doesn't think I totally suck. Heh. Probably just because you weren't always around. Anyhow, I liked Kasdenn. All hail the mighty prep master!

Raz

Kasdenn (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 03:00 PM

#45076, "Empire"
In response to Reply #9

Yes. Kasdenn viewed you as the ass-crack of Thera. An organized group full of fresh recruits and veteran Imperials. A lot of you mistook Kasdenn for being greedy and whatnot, and that's fine. Deep down, I know why I fought you all. Originally, it began with Ahtathurn. That son-of-a-bitch killed me right after I took the fetish from the Outlanders, solo. It took like what, one spell? Needless to say, I learned from my mistakes in that fight. But after killing Ahtathurn, it didn't stop there. I was hunted BEFORE I started hunting you. So Kasdenn took you all as the power hungry, greedy Imperial scumbags, also looking to take over Thera--and put Kasdenn out of commission from the Tribunal. Only an EVIL Tribunal should have any understanding as to why there should be peace between Empire and Tribunal. Neutrals I can see doing it for the benefit of further protection, but should be cautious. Goods should definitely hate you. I saw no problem at all with disliking you. And apparently this view was completely foreign to any of you (imagine that, forgein). So no one really understood why Kasdenn would kill you. I tried explaining it a few times, but I never told you the real reasons. Usually I just fell back on Ahtathurn screwing things up. Hell, if Ahtathurn hadn't attacked and killed me, then raped me for everything I had while at 200hps, I might not have even hated you all. But that is the point to growing characters, and the genious of roleplay that is Carrion Fields.

Dulmisa - You were my bane. Damn you were tough, and especially with the perma haste. That time I actually killed you in the sewers, I couldn't even believe it. I thought I was toast for sure, and didn't even really care about dying. But then you died. What is worse is that I didn't realize you had the strange bracers on at that time until a couple RL days later. I thought Ahtathurn still had them. And that crap you have that avoids attacks BETTER than a warrior legacy sucks... bad. Didn't interact with many Imperials, only fought them. But you definitely play the evil Empire role well.

Others - Well, you're all pretty much just tools of the Empire. I saw nothing spectacular in the way of PK from any of you. Pretty much only rely on numbers, and flee.

Nivult (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 04:18 PM

#45088, "RE: Empire"
In response to Reply #13

>>Others - Well, you're all pretty much just tools of the Empire. I saw nothing spectacular in the way of PK from any of you. Pretty much only rely on numbers, and flee.

I kinda resent that remark really. Before you officially turned on the Empire, I actually kept to the shadows and helped you out more than you knew... stealing potions from people you fought, jacking foes as they fled, etc. I may not have spoken much, but I assumed you were going to be like Falun and more interested in hunting down the criminals than fighting the Empire. I was a little surprised when you showed up at the palace that day with 2 fort members and entwined/killed me out of the blue.

I made it a point to rob you every chance I got after that, and to give your location away to every enemy possible, just out of spite. I listened to your conversations in town and at the Inn while I robbed you though, and honestly didn't see you to be anything more than a tool of the fortress either. I'm just sorry I could never catch you without a polearm or whip in your hands, since either of those would mean certain death for me if I struck you.

Kasdenn (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 04:34 PM

#45089, "RE: Empire"
In response to Reply #19

Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.

Really though, its all about the perception of being on the enemy line and on the ally line. You either get the good, or you get the bad. And to further clarify, the "others" remark wasn't meant to be derogatory towards anyone's character, or their character's integrity, or any character's role. I'm just telling you what I saw, and that was that the Empire got confidence with numbers. I spoke only of a PK aspect. I have no actual dislike for the cabal itself, or its role in Thera. But it does tend to breed mass wars and gangs, and no one can really argue that. That isn't to say the mass wars and gangs are always bad either. They can be done in a very fashionable way--but they can also be used in an unfashionable way as well.

Dulmisa (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 05:16 PM

#45096, "RE: Empire"
In response to Reply #13

What to say, you knew how to prep and you knew when to run, so you did good. Killing obviously linkdead bards is cheesy, but if it does the trick for you, do it. A few nights ago just after you got booted from Tribunal (for the second time?) you could still see me, didn't like that, but it made it just slightly more difficult, if you had coordinated with the invoker I could've been toast, but you didn't and you ended up running.

Kasdenn (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 03:08 PM

#45078, "Outlanders"
In response to Reply #9

I still don't have an understanding of the Outlander mentality. You're all so different and unique, and all usually very well played. I have much respect for all of you, especially the ones that stick through things during the rough times. One thing I will add as a sidenote, anyone who honestly believes either cabal is stronger than the other is obviously talking from their ass. Outlander's won't come into the city to raid the cabal, unless they have strong odds for them, just as Tribunal won't come into the woods to raid the Outlanders, unless they have strong odds for them, especially during a full moon. I tried to mix that up a bit, and fight against some seriously tough odds. Some saw this. Some didn't. There were definitely some gutsy Outlander's too! At first, when I joined the cabal, there was a lot of hesitation. But then Outlander started to get some more people, and next thing I knew, there was a whole slew of people wanting to fight, all within the context of roleplay. Yes, I always tried to stir something up by down talking some of you. But I always got a nice little retort from you, which sort of helped me to define your characters better. Still, fact remains, I saw a lot of good from you towards the end of Kasdenn. I appreciate the fights and interactions!

Please write something back if you'd like, and I'll reply.

Ilimya (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 04:03 PM

#45085, "Much respect"
In response to Reply #15

As far as attitude goes, I saw nothing but good from you. You were not
afraid to retrieve or solo raid and in general tried to mix it up. Big
thumps up. After I suicided on you in Arkham I tried to be a little more
sensible in our encounters. I had a plan to deal with you but I was not
quite ready to pull it off as I was reequipping when you asked whether
I wanted to retrieve a couple of days ago. You were very tough and it
was clear that in order to win I had to catch you by surprise. Now I
will never know whether my plan would have worked.

It sounds like you had a lot of trouble inside the cabal getting
kicked twice and whatnot. I cannot judge any of your tribunal dealings
as I know nothing of them but I approve your outlander relations.

Enjoy your next character.

Kasdenn (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 04:17 PM

#45087, "RE: Much respect"
In response to Reply #17

Hey, thanks a lot. Like I said, I have a lot of heart and respect for the Outlanders in general. I tried to fight you all a lot, but I also tried to keep all those fights well calculated, and try to better the odds for myself, even if I was I alone. You were a strong competitor, and every fight I found myself in with you was a treat and a challenge. I do so enjoy adversity when playing warriors, and you never eschewed a battle, so it seems you enjoy the fights too. Give the Tribunal's hell now!

Laenelis (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 04:49 PM

#45090, "Trib I loved to hate"
In response to Reply #15

I enjoyed fighting Kasdenn. A lot. I think because I never knew who was going to win. I'll be honest and say I was one for not charging into a city against you, especially not until I hero'd, the guards just overwhelmed me and you were hard enough in the wilds. There are few tribs I as a player respect, you were one of them.

Kasdenn (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 04:55 PM

#45091, "RE: Trib I loved to hate"
In response to Reply #21

Thanks! You're definitely top notch Outlander and Druid. And I'll agree with you that I never knew who was going to win. I remember that time on the Forest Road south of the Western Crossroads, I got my butt handed to me. Or that time in the Holy Grove. Yeah, I definitely went back and looked over those fights a few times. Good learning experience there, so I appreciate our quarrels. You had a lot of guts, and not just the ones on the ground either ;-P And I did get a taste of your roleplay, even though we were on opposing sides. It was a delight. Now for my Outlander cheer.. Go Outlander! No seriously, if anyone is going to kill Falun, I'm sure you'll be involved. Go get'em.

Take care.

Harlow (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 05:03 PM

#45093, "RE: Outlanders"
In response to Reply #15

You were a pain in the ass to fight even when I could exploit your vulnerability. The huge advantage you had was that you could keep me in a fight where I couldn't do likewise. That sucked to no end. It looked like I came so close to winning 3 or 4 times only to have you escape. No such luck for me when the situation was reversed.

I will say here something the Imps have yet to respond to on the bug board because you were the one to do it. You entwined me and then had your guards rescue you out of the fight and you did not assist them. Hence I remained entwined but could not redirect at you. I still think this is a big, glaring obvious bug but apparently I'm alone in this.

There were a couple of other incidents that looked like you played right at the edge of abusing game mechanics for an edge. Which you really never needed to do because you were a strong enough player that you did not need that advantage. It did however take a little bit off the respect I had for someone playing a strong character.

Kasdenn (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 05:10 PM

#45095, "RE: Outlanders"
In response to Reply #23

I wasn't even sure what would happen when the guards rescued me while you were entwined. I just did it to save my life.

As for other game mechanics, I'd be curious to know what else. I'm drawing blanks where clearly you are not.

Harlow (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 05:28 PM

#45098, "RE: Outlanders"
In response to Reply #24

I'll be honest when I say they only looked like using mechanics for an advantage from my perspective, they may not have been in actuality, but they looked sketchy.

A long time ago, you and Platious came to raid/retrieve and I was waiting for you just north of the Huntress. Platious attacked while you stood still. Then you did something to cause the Huntress to yell but when I attacked you, you weren't fighting it, you were standing there. Since less than a round of combat went by it was either the mother of all timings with rescue or something hinky occurred (maybe zapping with a wand you couldn't use? I'm not sure, I never tested it to see if it'd work). There may be an innocent explanation but from the limited perspective I had, it looked hinky.

The other was something I think we covered on Dio's, I was under your pk range but wanted, so I waited for all of the Spire to quit so I could retrieve and you logged off for about 3-5 minutes and then logged back on at least twice, the last time catching me in mid-retrieve. At the time, again from my limited perspective, it looked like you were using the log outs as a way to hide and catch me retrieving.

You gave a reason on Dios' and I accept that it may have been innocent, I just wanted to let you know it looked a little sketchy from an opposing players perspective.

The only reason I brought these up in your goodbye thread was that other than these incidents, I thought you were a strong player who obviously knew PK. I kept trying to hunt you for exactly that reason, you were not easy to kill.

These just sort put a little question mark in my mind about the player behind the character. The standard I tried to use when playing (I'm retired now) is that if I have any squeamishness at all about it, I won't do it.

Good luck on your future characters, and if you really want a challenge, go wood-elf ranger

Kasdenn (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 05:40 PM

#45100, "RE: Outlanders"
In response to Reply #27

Ah-ha! I remember that time at the huntress. Platious and I both knew you were there. What actually occurred was me attacking the huntress, and I fled and returned as quickly as I could. It must have been impeccable timing on my part, and terrible timing for you. Seriously though, I'm just like any other player, and only have access to what anyone else does. I'm not here to intentionally cheat or anything like that.

As for the other time, yes, I think we clarified that already on dio's.

Really, those ambushes were outright nasty. I think one of them took off over 700 hps in the Feanwyyn Weald. Needless to say, they scared me when I didn't have the five-color. Strong opponent that I wished hadn't left so soon.

Arminas (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 05:26 PM

#45097, "RE: Outlanders"
In response to Reply #15

Jeebus, you were a thorn in my side and I loved to talk smack with you, but I'll never forget you put your money where your mouth is. Oh, the pain. Respected you as both a character and player and I was glad to have an adversary as strong and unwavering as you.

Blidern (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 07:37 PM

#45105, "Bane"
In response to Reply #15

You were definately Blidern's bane. I think sometimes now I should have just tried backhanding through the whole fights we had. You wera force, and I knew I couldn't get you to drop a weapon. Part of why I chose those two together. oh well, such is life. Anyway, you were fierce against those who couldn't recall out of battle. Just like a flail spec should be.

Aaron

Kasdenn (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 09:50 PM

#45108, "Herald"
In response to Reply #9

Still like the concept of the Heralds. Its a good place to go and relax after a hard day of Magistrative duty. It makes a terrific meeting place for groups and whatnot. Just in general, a good central place other than Galadon that offers some protection. So I always like it when I'm able to go there and see Herald's around regularly. Thanks for that.

Sharwyn - Terrific character. I like your energy, your wit, and the sense of adventure you bring to Carrion Fields. A lot of times, whether it is really true or not, you would see places and say that it was the first time you had seen it. Personally, I had figured it was in the context of the character experiencing it for the first time, rather than the player. And if that is so, that's great. If it isn't so, and you truly had no idea where you were at times, then it was pretty fun showing you around a couple places. You definitely showed me some things. It was nice seeing you around the Inn regularly.

Therethine - Didn't interact with you a whole lot, but you are another solid presence around the Eternal Star. And the most recent letter that went out, I thought was very cool. Very original idea and work. A pleasure to have met you and traveled with you those few times.

Mavinero - I kept telling people I was going to clobber you if you didn't write up a list of the people who made donations. Then I kept trying to pull some answers from other people to see whether or not you had made any progress! Never really got any sound answers, but I hope everything continues and progresses as you intend. I think our times began not to mesh so well, as I have seen you around less and less. Regardless, I enjoy your enthusiasm and the time we've spent traveling, dueling and conversating.

AarnThu 26-Jan-06 09:56 AM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45206, "RE: Thoughts and Farewells"
In response to Reply #9

Well, it was clear Kasdenn had a rough road, placing himself at odds with the dictator-at-large. It was obvious that it was wearing on you a bit too... your roleplay became a little "flatter" toward the end. Kasdenn was a good character, and I wish things had worked out better for him... cool things could have happened! As it was you still pulled out a good character. The only thing I questioned slightly at the end was when you attacked that guy in town after getting kicked out again, but I can understand where that might have come from frustration though.

Good luck with your next! Hope it has a smoother road.

Aarn.

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Thu 26-Jan-06 12:52 PM

#45213, "Much like McDonald's, I'm lovin' it."
In response to Reply #36

I'm lovin' it so much, I think you should create another forum called "Imm Discussion of Active Character's RP Moderated by Aarn!." I'm not even playing, but if I was, you'd rest assured I wouldn't role a trib. Why?

Wed Dec 14 23:52:22 2005 by 'Aarn' at level 51 (228 hrs):
He's on track for my tattoo I think. Just working on getting some fire going under his arse, to augment all this dedication stuff. I expect he wont deal with Falun's corruption laying down, now that he's back in.

>Well, it was clear Kasdenn had a rough road, placing himself at odds with the dictator-at-large.

I really hope Falun is RP'ing openly that he is a "dictator at large" and "corrupt." I'm sure that from the much-hyped "Bird's Eye" perspective the Imms enjoy there's something I'm missing down here from my miserable little mudhole, however.

nepentheThu 26-Jan-06 01:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45214, "RE: Much like McDonald's, I'm lovin' it."
In response to Reply #37

>I really hope Falun is RP'ing openly that he is a "dictator at
>large" and "corrupt." I'm sure that from the much-hyped
>"Bird's Eye" perspective the Imms enjoy there's something I'm
>missing down here from my miserable little mudhole, however.

It doesn't matter whether any of that is true or not about Falun from his or an objective perspective -- what matters is that it's absolutely true from Kasdenn's perspective. The conflict between those two characters ran so deeply that I can't imagine seriously discussing Kasdenn's RP without mentioning it.

Every prominent evil Justice/Arbiter/Tribunal in the history of ever has been called corrupt by someone. Not exactly a lot is given away by that.

We could lay off RP discussion in PBF entirely and just make it a long string of 'Awesome PK dude!' and 'Joo got ownzored!', but that isn't going to happen.

TheerklaThu 26-Jan-06 01:23 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
#45216, "Or, sadly not post imm comments"
In response to Reply #38

But then, I would never pay for nor read another pbf, because that is the one thing in them I truly enjoy.

Minyar1 (Guest)Thu 26-Jan-06 04:15 PM

#45229, "I just want to see more 'joo got ownzored" in them! nt"
In response to Reply #39

nt

AarnThu 26-Jan-06 01:36 PM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
#45217, "Oh"
In response to Reply #37
Edited on Thu 26-Jan-06 01:37 PM

I'm sorry that wasn't clear. This is all supposed to be from Kasdenn's perspective, since his interactions with and relating to Falun were pretty much the focal point of his character.

PBF comments are pretty frequently done that way, by more imms then me.

Aarn.

Kruuank (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 02:06 PM

#45063, "Still wondering about that death at the Fort..."
In response to Reply #0

It seemed to me, key word seemed, that you were a constant ally of the Fort.

When you killed me that time in the Fort, I was completely shocked, as we had never had problems before.

Kasdenn (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 02:19 PM

#45064, "RE: Still wondering about that death at the Fort..."
In response to Reply #7

Simply put, you were working with the Scions. Mind you, a character doesn't have to be good aligned to understand that the Scions are bad news. I mean, from what Kasdenn understood and learned, they were trying to destroy Thera for power. Don't you think that's reason enough to kill them and their allies? I do.

Observer (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 02:38 PM

#45071, "This post rules."
In response to Reply #8

Why would a Tribunal want to side with quasi-nihilists? Heh. Makes total sense a Tribunal would want nothing to do with Scions, don't let anyone tell you different, imo.

Well played.

Razmorthin (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 03:06 PM

#45077, "I was a bit taken aback when you showed too."
In response to Reply #8

Up until the point where you came and killed kruuank while we were raiding we'd had rather amicable relations. I gotta give you credit for really surprising me there. You really managed to stir the pot and got a lot of controversy going. Aside from you and against all logic, I had rather good relations with most of the Spire. After you raided for the Scepter I put as much pressure as I could on the other magistrates to do away with you. I'm not claiming it was my doing that you got kicked, but judging from your farewell post to the tribs... my constant harping apparently had an effect. In any event, props for making a good & strong character and I'm looking forward to meeting your next.

Kasdenn (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 03:12 PM

#45079, "RE: I was a bit taken aback when you showed too."
In response to Reply #14

Coming from someone like you, I appreciate the comments. You definitely stirring a lot of hell up for Kasdenn. I was always being questioned by the jackal, Falun, about "questionable" actions. After this happened, he made a specific ruling for all the Magistrates not to attack ANY other cabal aside from Outlanders--all while he is helping Imperials and Scions raid Fortress. Wow. So yes, you definitely brought the heat. You know you have a strong character when everyone is saying, uh-oh, there's Razmorthin. Let's be cautious. Sure enough, I'd always hear about some huge battle going on shortly after you would log on. Good luck in the fields, pal.

Kruuank (Guest)Mon 23-Jan-06 02:17 AM

#45112, "We can agree to disagree."
In response to Reply #8

My role pretty much outlines why I aided them like I did.

Also, I aided Empire a lot as well, until they started not liking my company. And Falun. Man, Falun, heh.

Xorvant (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 01:53 AM

#45040, "Ahh that is bad"
In response to Reply #0

I thought that was pretty heroic of you to go in alone. We couldnt rally well enough. One strong reliable ally we have lost here. I saw many of your fights at close quarters with more than one character and it was good fighting all the way. If you have to go, that was the best way to go.
Good work, hope to see you around again.

Kasdenn (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 01:48 PM

#45059, "RE: Ahh that is bad"
In response to Reply #3

I've always put bards on a pedestal. Can't ever really get into playing one myself, but they sure do help a group out in a lot of cases. It's a shame that bard's suffer so greatly in the Tribunal. I'm sure if they didn't have so much restriction, that there would be more, which would be greatly helpful. As conclusion, it was real good to have met you. Always seemed hard for Kasdenn to pick up friends, mostly because of uncertainty I think. So it was a welcome change to see some good faces in the Fortress. Hope to see some more good things from you!

Bjurn (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 01:32 AM

#45037, "Holy Hell."
In response to Reply #0

My first hero, you got it for me (With some help) and you died helping us.

To the Bitter end my friend.

I'm stunned to see this, I was already dreaming of ways to pay you back.

I was twisted up in the fight, I wish you had said somethin'. I would have said a few words.

Kasdenn (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 01:43 PM

#45057, "RE: Holy Hell."
In response to Reply #2

Definitely good to have met you. Glad I could help you out there. I must admit, I was pretty excited when I read that this was your first hero. So, best of luck to you out there in the Carrion Fields jungle! Kick some tail and take some names!

Fielstithian (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 12:40 AM

#45035, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Kasdenn Blackstone the Legend of ..."
In response to Reply #0

I liked our debates, our battles, and that brief moment when we had common enemies. You played a wicked good warrior, and I wish you hadn't gone suicidal here at the end.

Kasdenn (Guest)Sun 22-Jan-06 01:54 PM

#45061, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Kasdenn Blackstone the Legend of ..."
In response to Reply #1

You were one of the few Outlanders that took a bit of time to talk with me. We both had our viewpoints, and were pretty much going to stick with it, thick and thin. It's difficult changing someone's point of view in Carrion Fields, and I think the reason is that any monumental change only -hinders- a player. There are a lot of things that seem dependant on the Immortals having a firm grasp on a particular situation, and won't act until they do understand well. But what we keep in mind is that they are player's just like the rest of us, and appeasing them just isn't always in our best interest, if ever really in our interest. But yes, I did very much enjoy our interactions, talks and fights alike. I think I coined you as being different at first, because you mentioned on Dioxide's that you had deleted, but then I saw you reactivated or some such. Maybe I have the name wrong too, though. But I'm glad I didn't let that cloud my judgment about you. Good warrior, good character. Keep it up!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45033 Previous topic | Next topic