Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Endalion Laica Ingolemo the Weave..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #44046
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 28-Dec-05 07:56 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44046, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Endalion Laica Ingolemo the Weaver of the Elements"

Wed Dec 28 06:56:08 2005

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Endalion perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:317

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Endalion Laica Ingolemo the W..., Aemisha Goodbye (Guest), 29-Dec-05 11:33 PM, #31
Reply Aemisha, Endalion (Guest), 30-Dec-05 07:22 AM, #32
Reply Hmm, I would have never guessed it was you...., Austira (Guest), 28-Dec-05 01:33 PM, #8
Reply Austira, Endalion (Guest), 28-Dec-05 03:12 PM, #12
     Reply hmm, posting about regearing? Me? The one who....bleh ..., Austira (Guest), 28-Dec-05 03:21 PM, #13
          Reply No, it was someone else, Endalion (Guest), 28-Dec-05 05:32 PM, #17
               Reply Didn't hang around me that much obviously..., Austira (Guest), 28-Dec-05 06:29 PM, #23
                    Reply That's right, DurNominator, 29-Dec-05 02:09 AM, #25
Reply Damn man, I'm sorry., Tsilus (Guest), 28-Dec-05 08:40 AM, #2
Reply Thanks for letting me know, Endalion (Guest), 28-Dec-05 09:36 AM, #3
     Reply Shoot, that's better than what happened to me..., Kruuank (Guest), 28-Dec-05 10:15 AM, #5
Reply Green wizard is about to die!, DurNominator, 28-Dec-05 08:34 AM, #1
     Reply I have never been ice-sharded in my life like that., Kruuank (Guest), 28-Dec-05 10:13 AM, #4
     Reply You were fun to fight against, Endalion (Guest), 28-Dec-05 02:15 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Green wizard is about to die!, Dulmisa (Guest), 28-Dec-05 11:59 AM, #6
     Reply You were a pain in the ass., Endalion (Guest), 28-Dec-05 02:44 PM, #11
          Reply RE: You were a pain in the ass., dulmisa (Guest), 28-Dec-05 05:00 PM, #16
               Reply Bah! Wasn't even my conglaciation., Endalion (Guest), 28-Dec-05 05:49 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Green wizard is about to die!, Grunlath (Guest), 28-Dec-05 01:14 PM, #7
     Reply You made me hate being an old elf., Endalion (Guest), 28-Dec-05 02:12 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Green wizard is about to die!, Breallye (Guest), 28-Dec-05 03:23 PM, #14
     Reply You did a good job with it., Endalion (Guest), 28-Dec-05 05:59 PM, #20
     Reply Damned, Bliggy (Guest), 28-Dec-05 03:47 PM, #15
     Reply But eventually, I got in, Endalion (Guest), 28-Dec-05 06:15 PM, #21
     Reply Hehe Feichin pushed quite a bit to try to get you induc..., Bajula, 28-Dec-05 05:57 PM, #19
     Reply I wonder how the Outlander story spread so far, Endalion (Guest), 28-Dec-05 06:23 PM, #22
     Reply See ya, Cuuqua (Guest), 28-Dec-05 11:19 PM, #24
     Reply Yep. Typical applicant behaviour, DurNominator, 29-Dec-05 02:31 AM, #26
     Reply Nicely played, Kaisse (Guest), 29-Dec-05 10:54 AM, #27
          Reply Ah. My reluctant apprentice., DurNominator, 29-Dec-05 01:33 PM, #28
               Reply RE: Ah. My reluctant apprentice., Aiekooso, 29-Dec-05 01:47 PM, #29
                    Reply You've failed to convince me, DurNominator, 29-Dec-05 04:23 PM, #30

Aemisha Goodbye (Guest)Thu 29-Dec-05 11:33 PM

#44107, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Endalion Laica Ingolemo the W..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see this happen. I thought you were a bit insaneinthemembrane suicidal sometimes, but I enjoyed having you around. Well I've fought beside you now and against you (both of us had different chars) and I'm glad you're around to make the mud better. Good luck on your next and gosh I cant imagine the pain of a seven path invoker. *shiver* Take care.

Endalion (Guest)Fri 30-Dec-05 07:22 AM

#44108, "Aemisha"
In response to Reply #31

Having a conjurer around was a good thing, though I was a bit disappointed to hear that you as a scribe didn't have altruism to make Endalions life easier(as it ruined my plan of going to aura, shield, barrier-hoarding with you(I have found only one barrier source)). I think you took part on that half-assed Trothon trip where over half of the group(Toryn and myself) got killed and all.

I'll help you to imagine the pain of seven path voker, which is an incredibly spammy lifestyle. Imagine being a seven path voker with affinity 5 in your all spells. This means that you learn your elemental spells just like any other spells and the difficulty of learning the spell is that of the particular spell. However, seven path voker has extra power that he is not going to use, and six paths is a valid choise for an invoker to survive with. Five is too, for a barrier whore.

You'll be able to keep two or three paths or so up to date(and pracitically rank all touches to 100%) and will practically have to spam the rest. It is a tedious path to walk, and dropping one or two paths is worth considering. I confirm that spamming all paths takes long time, even as elf. Endalion lived over 300 hours(my second longest lifetime for a character. Fungor's 629 hours are hard to beat).

The original reason for rolling Endalion was the attraction of all those skill improvements I would get as a seven path voker. But when you spam an hour and don't see any, you might get a bit frustrated with it.

Austira (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 01:33 PM

#44056, "Hmm, I would have never guessed it was you...."
In response to Reply #0

And I would have enjoyed seeing more of you, but then again Austira is a come back char(after not playing for...four months I think, not too long just enough to get rusty ^_^). I will probably see you around with another character if not this char, since I intended to con die/age die this char(and with the croc...well I Don't know). Well good luck with your next.

Endalion (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 03:12 PM

#44060, "Austira"
In response to Reply #8

The situation where you left me in that prison ended to Dinian opening the door from outside and claiming that it wasn't even locked.

You have a pretty survivable combo, so you should manage. Regen form like croc is always a good thing to have and it can help you in acolytey things like altruism. I just hated that cat this cat that RP and when you started talking about what cat believe in I itched to say something like "Cat believe in milk and ball of thread, I presume." but my goodly alignment stopped the nasty words. I did say things like "I don't speak dwarvish." as times, though, when the dwarf speech got on my nerves. Good luck with Austira and all! I have a feeling that you've played Outlanders much, since Austira seemed a bit like one with that coin business and such.

I thought about suggesting a gear hoarding trip or such in the late part of Endalion's life, after your post about regearing taking time on officials(it doesn't take two hours for basic shifter stuff), but you gave impression that you were going to quit soon when I was about to bring it up. Too bad we didn't manage to make that Hell-trip you, the dagger-whip elf(see how well I remember his name) and I discussed about in Fortress yesterday.

Austira (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 03:21 PM

#44061, "hmm, posting about regearing? Me? The one who....bleh ..."
In response to Reply #12

If I did say that I was probably pissed off about my last char getting multikilled every two seconds, and actually it takes forever with my shifter now...because I can get certain things on my own easier now, muhaha. And you should know all about that Mreowr and Nen rp since you had it with Frearrir though I took it upon myself to make it even worse, though its better than this one : Cat doessss not like darrrklingssss, mrreee....nen, darrrrkling badd, mrrr.

And with regearing and ABS I am inherently lazy...so yeah bad combo, but the croc is making my life easier. Sorry about the prison thing, If I had more time I would have gotten a pass door potion and give it to you, but work was like DON"T BE LATE!!!! Ugh, I hate work sometimes. But honestly I dont remember posting in over four months about regearring....actually I dont remember any post that I bitched....so please point it out so I can yell at myself? Oh and Austira is supposed to be...low coinage, kind of like an outlander but really an acolytish outlander if that makes any sense. If you knew her past it would be easier to know.

Oh and the hoarding trip, it was 3 am in the morning and I was about to pass out on the keyboard :< In fact it was so bad that I was disoriented on Eastern Road with Saskrin there, haha....good thing croc is survivable. And if you said mean thing: That mean thing! But she wouldnt hate you for it...as long as you didnt go killing random things to piss her off, yep....anyway good luck and don't be too evil :p with your next one

Endalion (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 05:32 PM

#44065, "No, it was someone else"
In response to Reply #13

And you should know all about that Mreowr and Nen rp since you had it with Frearrir though I took it upon myself to make it even worse, though its better than

Not to mention "mre", which Frearrir said in every sentence. In fact, mre was so excessive that I made Endalion say Mre as gtell when ranking in Frozen wasteland(multicharring has its dangers). I had to patch the mistake by claiming having spent too much time in felar company. Also, going rrr isn't a very good idea as a mage, IMHO, since a mage is supposed to know how to articulate spell words. It's doable and explainable, but was one of the reasons Frearrir didn't talk like that.

I-RP is also a valid option, as the felar are intelligent enough for that. I chose not to use this RP as Frearrir, to give feral and uncivilized impression or Frearrir(self was referred as Fre, a style copied from my lowbie felar groupmates Nreisshe(Nrei) and Zirritryn(Zirri)). Myrrin was a combination of I-RP(civilized thief) and rrr(thief doesn't have the burden of having to pronounce spell words much as a mage has).

this one : Cat doessss not like darrrklingssss, mrreee....nen, darrrrkling badd, mrrr.

The problem with that one is the ssss. It's much more catlike with just the rrr(sort of purring r), but not ssss(better leave excessive hissing to reptiles(Noelani made a good reptilian impression with ssss)), which is practically ruins the catlike impression.

I have one additional RP tip for you. Remember that you have tail(RP and regearing in Velkyn Oloth both). Random swishing of it helps to make yourself a felar presence. Also, you have whiskers and your ears are not human ears. Random paw preening and such are good reminders for people that you are not a human(whisker, pawpreen and taillazy were basic felar socials Frearrir used much. Myrrin tended to raise a paw in greeting when he entered the room.). As contrast we could think of the quite humanoid Endalion the elf, whose RP was quite emote-poor save for occasional wry grins and some elemental channeling emotes(such as channeling water in cold cave to grow little stalagtites of ice or making a little flame dance on you palm) when Endalion was bored IC. I think it's easier to emphasize that you are felar, so take full advantage of it.

But honestly I dont remember posting in over four months about regearring....actually I dont remember any post that I bitched....so please point it out so I can yell at myself?

Oops, it was Aemisha who said it, not you(something like "it takes hours to dress up"). But you were the shifter and I have a soft spot for shifters for some reason. Serves two you right for having similar names. I had trouble remembering which one was on all the time.

>But she wouldnt hate you for it...as
>long as you didnt go killing random things to piss her off,
>yep....anyway good luck and don't be too evil :p with your
>next one

Empire and Battle are next on the cabal to try list(I have role ideas for both), and nice to Austira isn't likely from the members of those two cabals. But let's see what actually happens.

Austira (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 06:29 PM

#44072, "Didn't hang around me that much obviously..."
In response to Reply #17

When I was out of form, I do actually use the tail swishing...in fact I had one felar that I made over 50 different emotes for each of the main socials that used the tail, bleh it sucked though....I hated it. I have played many felar, I love felar ^_^

DurNominatorThu 29-Dec-05 02:09 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44079, "That's right"
In response to Reply #23

I didn't hang around you that much. So the post was more like in general discussion of felar RP tone than how you must improve style tone.

Tsilus (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 08:40 AM

#44049, "Damn man, I'm sorry."
In response to Reply #0

That had to be the ####tiest last death ever. I logged on and you were sitting in the Chasm so I shifted called a nightwalker and came for you. You died in four rounds and I realized you were afk then you didn't come up on who group and I was like well ####. I'm sorry you had to go out like that and that it was our first meeting, good luck with your next characters.

Tsilus Freshant

Endalion (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 09:36 AM

#44050, "Thanks for letting me know"
In response to Reply #2

And you didn't wonder why my RP was so odd . It's OK, I got to play Endalion long enough. Endalion went down fighting, at least. Next time you kill a linkdead person, tell him what happened afterwards IC. It's a nice gesture, as the character should know what happened at least. In case you haven't age/con-died before, you can't use class abilities, such as detect invis, any more. If you did have clue what you were talking about IC(and realised that I was con-dead), let me know how con-dead ghosts adjust their eyes(it would be handy to know if it is possible) do tell me now for the next time.

It is surprising when the other person con dies, not showing on who where and such. I remember when Khard con-died to a mob after Agantas(my trib shifter) fighting him in Galadon, and I remember flying all over Thera looking to finish him off since he didn't show on where and who. I was surprised to hear him speak to me afterwards, since he didn't show on who list any more.

My version of the events:

Your nova <<< ERADICATES >>> a shadowy Nightwalker!
A shadowy Nightwalker is DEAD!!
You receive 0 experience points.
A shadowy Nightwalker hits the ground ... DEAD.
The gods give you 6 copper coins for your sacrifice of the burnt corpse of a shadowy Nightwalker.

<407(65%)hp 833/1064m 782(100%)mv 27100tnl (-23.18%) 9 PM indoor>
l
Above the Chasm
Torn from the ashen rock of the chasm's northern wall, the blasted gray
stone is accentuated by the unnatural darkness of this place. Your light
source dims a bit, oppressed by some unspoken and damned force which
smothers its now-feeble glow. A jagged crack in the earth yawns below, a
broken path spiraling along the edges of its maw, foreboding and dark.
Only the whispering of some dread breeze breaks the silence of the abyss
below, as it stealthily creeps forth to swirl about in a chilling dance.

l e
The ashen stone towers above, too jagged and steep for climbing.

l n

l w

d
Within the Maw of Stone

<407(65%)hp 833/1064m 781(99%)mv 27100tnl (-23.18%) 9 PM indoor>
l
Within the Maw of Stone
All around, the ashen gray stone looks to have been ripped from the ground
by the inhuman claws of some unspoken behemoth. The walls are scarred by
deep gouges which leave sharp ridges of rock jutting forth between them,
but some arcane and eldritch presence reminds you that this is no ordinary
cave. The crooked path you follow winds up and down in a tortuous spiral,
and below you see only a darkness unlike anything natural.

where
People near you:
(PK) Endalion Within the Maw of Stone

l n
l e

--- Disconnected on Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 2:25 PM ---
--- Connected for 18 minutes, 48 seconds ---

--- Disconnected on Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 2:26 PM ---
--- Connected for less than one second ---

--- Disconnected on Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 2:26 PM ---

--- Disconnected on Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 2:28 PM ---

--- Disconnected on Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 2:29 PM ---

--- Connected on Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 2:29 PM ---
****** UNREGISTERED copy of MUSHclient!

::x.
<!X!!!!HMM$$$$W.
---!H8MMH?M$$$$$$$$$8X.
-<!!!MMM$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$X!: The Carrion Fields
!----!!M?M$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MM!!<
'<M! !!!MMM$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMX!X!
!M!--!!!MMM$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MMM!X$! A Playerkilling/Roleplaying
-!8!:!!!MMMMM$$$$$$$$$$$$RMMMX8RX- MUD
<!-!$X!-!!!MHM$$$$$$$$$$$RMMMMMM$!!!
!!:-MRX!-!!MM$$$$8$$$$$$$$$MMMM$R!-! Original DikuMUD by
'!X:--?X!--!!!M$$$RMR$$$$RMMRMM$R!!!X! Hans Staerfeldt, Katya
-XX 'MX:!!!!!?RRMMMMM!!XMMMM$R-<!!!! Nyboe, Tom Madsen, Michael
!?!-X$P"````----!M!!---`#*R$$M !<!!- Seifert, and Sebastian
-!MXf -!-!!!X! "k!!!- Hammer
'!!!X !X!M?X '!!!-
-<!XM X!!R!! !M!-'
:!XMMX : ::s@---!!!Mbx:!!<::X8k ! Based on Merc 2.1 by
!!!$$$MTMM8$#!! ! MXX!R$W86SW$$!!! Hatchet, Furey, and
!!!M$$#TT!!!!!- ! X!!!!!!RR#M!!! Khan
`!MW$M- -!!M!! ! !!:!-- #$R?!!
-:.. -XM!k:!#hHMX!!- ::- carrionfields.org 9999
-M! <!!!$X?XMMMB$!!! !!
!X! !XR!$MM$$$$$$?MM! '!! Created from ROM 2.3 by
`MX 'XXX t!@!H!X8X '!> Yuval Oren, Matt Hamby,
!!X!!X!" MM$M$RR*?.!!:X! Barbara Hargrove
?&M<!X>!MR$M> M9M5M!!XMM
M!?XX!!RRt?M@NRX?!XMX!R Maintained by
`!!MHXX!!Mt!MMXWMM!!! BoltThrower, Drokalanatym, Jullias,
`!XM$$$R9M$RTMMX- Nordewin, Pico, Sebeok, Valguarnera,
#$WXXW$$MXW$" Yanoreth, and Zulghinlour
`""!""`
Greeting screen designed by
Zapata (bsinger1@netcom.com)

By what name do you wish to be mourned?
Endalion
Password:
That character is already playing.
Do you wish to connect anyway (Y/N)?
y
Reconnecting.
Reconnecting within 15 seconds of losing link.
You will be able to move shortly.

<3(0%)hp 111/1054m 712(100%)mv 27100tnl (-23.18%) 5 AM indoor
c 'word of recall'
Huh?

<5(1%)hp 181/1054m 712(100%)mv 27100tnl (-23.18%) 6 AM indoor
sta
You are already standing.

where
People near you:
None

who group
<51 Human Shf> Tsilus the Grand Mistress of Changelings
<48 Gnome Inv> Gutiereh the Elemental Lady
<51 Human War> Kaisse Tait the Legend of the Battlefield, Commander of Battle

And I started questioning, starting from Kaisse.

So, you wouldn't have seen me go linkdead in that phase. I don't blame you for anything, since I would have done the same thing. It's a ####ty place to go linkdead. The loot from my corpse was mostly +con gear, btw, since I was determined not to give Mr. Rot-a-lot the Imperial shaman the last kill, and at least that one goal was successful.

Kruuank (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 10:15 AM

#44052, "Shoot, that's better than what happened to me..."
In response to Reply #3

Ahtathurn got me and I got disconnected, and couldn't log back on. I had to log on a lowbie and pray to figure out what happened...

DurNominatorWed 28-Dec-05 08:34 AM
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44048, "Green wizard is about to die!"
In response to Reply #0

And so he did. This cheap mimicing of Miaree's goodbye post and Endalion's origins in Evermoon and Ara'touldain made me choose his last name as Laica Ingolemo, which means green wizard in Tolkien's elvish(quenya).

Endalion was my first goodie(OG conjie experiment Trevor was rolled when Endalion was in twenty ranks.), so I decided to put him to Fortress. This was more difficult than I first thought, and the applicant phase took two months and two weeks, or about 200 hours in IC time(Endalion was inducted around 290 hours). Remarkably long time if you ask me, and I don't intend to return the cabal in near future, for I can't be irked to kept waiting for so long again. The cabal was much harder to get in than Herald, Tribunal or Outlander due to the high number of other applicants leading of leaders being disinterested to interview you and for the condition of having two PK wins before being eligible for induction.

He was sphere dedication, which was something I tried to bring up in his later roleplay during the long applicant phase, though initially the sphere was chosen as a 'safe choise' since I couldn't think of anything else.

Fortress vs Empire is a large gank war, which is quite interesting in its own way, and quite deadly as well, when both sides fight for victory. I ran in gangs for three reasons: One being that the other side ganked and second being that hunting is boring and third being goodie gear hoarding trips, which are social events as well.

Endalion was a racial bigot, who regarded other races as lesser ones, though he was also a lightwalker. I think I managed to succeed in bringing this RP angle to some extent. Therefore I see Endalion as successful character, even though he wasn't much of a success PK-wise.

Endalion was a seven path invoker, which is quite a spammy choise. I recommend going six paths instead if you don't like excessive spamming. I'm not fond of spamming and won't return to the class in near future, as it didn't suit me too well. I managed to get all spells, but didn't master all of the paths. I had masteries in lightning(pillar perfected), ice(conglaciation perfected) and air(imp invis perfected) paths.

Elf sneak was nice at times, as it made chasing me harder for others.

So much for the impressions about this character. I won't post individual goodbyes, but will respond to those who will reply.

Endalion, Frearrir, Agantas and some others.

Kruuank (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 10:13 AM

#44051, "I have never been ice-sharded in my life like that."
In response to Reply #1

Good fight. Shame it was the only one we ever had. Thought you roleplayed that incident very well.

Endalion (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 02:15 PM

#44058, "You were fun to fight against"
In response to Reply #4

Our first fight was a narrow escape draw and the second I won with those incredibly lucky shards and barrier. It was fun and close fight. See you in fields.

Dulmisa (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 11:59 AM

#44053, "RE: Green wizard is about to die!"
In response to Reply #1

you were a reliable cashsource and allways had me worried at the same time.

Endalion (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 02:44 PM

#44059, "You were a pain in the ass."
In response to Reply #6

Endalion and Dulmisa had long history of cabal war grief together. You first got me when I had only four shields spammed or so. Things got a bit easier when I grew in power and learned to play the race/class combo better.

One of the major sources of grief for Endalion. In the late life, Endalion was not such reliable cash source, fighting ill prepared and such. Tigerclawing and dodging spells is a nasty combination. But you didn't get a kill from Endalion in those days, exept for the assassinate, making you the only person to ever assassinate a character of mine. Another might come later in time, though. I didn't realise that you were there. Did you stalk me all the way from Falaugash?

dulmisa (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 05:00 PM

#44064, "RE: You were a pain in the ass."
In response to Reply #11

I did, was looking for spike-toed for a shadow of mine, noticed a conciglation(sp?) and decided to look in the keep, you were there, so I stalked for a while, then realised you step out in some parts of that area so I started running to get to the other side, when I got there, you were leaving where I first stood and I said to myself, damn a missed chance, but ran back and there you were. That is one long sentence. Anywho that time I slit your throat and Adinon came down to fiend was a fine ass defense from our side, I thought we were ####ed there. Now join the darkside, I need more Shadows, we are still behind those pesky blades.

Endalion (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 05:49 PM

#44066, "Bah! Wasn't even my conglaciation."
In response to Reply #16

I teleported to the keep cellar. Decided to snoop around some while at it. Endalion traditionally travelled by teleporting(the spell got perfected through actual use, not spamming for the sake of %), and I made an exeption in this case, leading to my first assassination death. Part of Endalion's spell spamming was like c teleport; find nearby evil mob; spam spells on it. I think it was me stepping to through the Virgin Forest exit for a while and then leaving the area that had you running. I got warned of your presence, but too late as you assassinated me on the same second. I'll give the dark side and your shadows a thought, though. See you in fields.

Grunlath (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 01:14 PM

#44055, "RE: Green wizard is about to die!"
In response to Reply #1

You stuck around and fought where other marans fled. Often the paladins kept running and never looked back and you took the fight. Hence the con death i guess . Sorry about the two rounds rot at the end, but when i raid alone against three i wish to cut down the odds.
And of course Rot is as tempting as large clevage when you are drunk, so i just have to use it.

Good luck with everything and best wishes for the next year.

Endalion (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 02:12 PM

#44057, "You made me hate being an old elf."
In response to Reply #7

I had about 7-9 con when you first rotted me to death. You got me with rot about 4-6 times, as I count all your kills from me as rot deaths. I never had enough +con gear to actually live through the rot, so I was already doomed by rot at those times I stayed to fight and died. I didn't mind the multikilling since you didn't really take much anything from the corpse and the situation was basically cabal war.

Breallye (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 03:23 PM

#44062, "RE: Green wizard is about to die!"
In response to Reply #1

Good job, after our conversation about you being near death..I tried to take a more protective role over you. Sometimes it worked out, and sometimes it failed horribley. Enjoyed you around the Fort, have fun with the new year, and your next.

Endalion (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 05:59 PM

#44068, "You did a good job with it."
In response to Reply #14

Endalion needed you, especially when Grunlath was about with his rotting fingers. Ironically, there were no acolytes to rescue me from rotting when he actually fougth me and got me rotted. It was usually like eight ticks and death with Grunlath, so acolyte supervision was sorely needed for that.

Bliggy (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 03:47 PM

#44063, "Damned"
In response to Reply #1

I always felt really bad for you - not getting inducted in TWO MONTHS really sucks.

You came to help us many many times when there were craploads of imperials about. I'm sorry the Fort experience wasn't that great for you.

You had all the problems with being a Fortie and so few benefits from them, it isn't even funny =(

Endalion (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 06:15 PM

#44070, "But eventually, I got in"
In response to Reply #15

Squire's mantle was really sweet power to have. Endalion was down to 9-7 con at the time of induction.

Oh, and Bliggy.. I told you that Kelayna was moving towards talled men. ;D Let's put you, Hirken and the svirf to (time,height) coordinate system and see if we can draw straight. The three of you dying was a lucky thing from Endalion's perspective, since the Imms re-opened the cabal for induction after that.

BajulaWed 28-Dec-05 05:57 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44067, "Hehe Feichin pushed quite a bit to try to get you induc..."
In response to Reply #1

I was a little pesky I think in pushing your name.
When I first brought it up, I was told you were an
outlander and your initial note I think got lost.
Or you hadn't sent one by then.
So I thought " I guess he changed his mind"
(I remembered from early ranking you said you wanted
to go fortress)

Later when I found you you were still interested
in the fortress, and someone had made a mistake.
I brought your name up often and talked about how
much you helped.. often.
Glad you made it, sorry it took so long

Well best of luck with your next.

Endalion (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 06:23 PM

#44071, "I wonder how the Outlander story spread so far"
In response to Reply #19

I was in the Spire's Outlander list and everything. I had to get myself removed from that list. Thanks for the IC thumbs up. See you in the fields!

Cuuqua (Guest)Wed 28-Dec-05 11:19 PM

#44076, "See ya"
In response to Reply #1

Explains much knowing you were waiting for induction, you ran with Marans so often I was sure you were a scribe already, but then we would raid and you would never show, which often didn't make sense.

we had a few words, post fight usually. You seemed to have enjoyed the character, I tip my horns to anyone who can endure the tedium of a 7 path.

Lets see whats next, try an Imperial I have a feeling I'm going to get back from break to find a hoard of Forties so we can use some help.

DurNominatorThu 29-Dec-05 02:31 AM
2018 posts
#44080, "Yep. Typical applicant behaviour"
In response to Reply #24

Never coming to defend alone and never coming to retrieve alone. The seven-path spamming was tedious and I almost perfected h2h in the process by leaving touch out when spamming with mobs. This led to me forgetting touch in PK as well(died more than once this way).

Horn-tipping is quite a stunt for a minotaur to pull(especially if it's done like tipping hat).

There is a horde of Forties, and most Imperials are in the break now. We'll see what new year brings balance-wise, probably a horde of Imperials coming back from vacation.

Kaisse (Guest)Thu 29-Dec-05 10:54 AM

#44090, "Nicely played"
In response to Reply #1

Its really hard to fight someone who doesn't want to fight you. So when I finally got you in the throat and held you still, I couldn't believe it when about 4 rounds later you worded out convulsing. Gah! Next command was the stab to end your days.

Hope you enjoyed it all, with any luck your end means a lot less of us waiting for the Maran to die to raid the Fort for mages

Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle

DurNominatorThu 29-Dec-05 01:33 PM
2018 posts
#44093, "Ah. My reluctant apprentice."
In response to Reply #27

Endalion was hoping to make Kaisse his apprentice, starting with the instructions on how to cast the armor spell. It was a rather ironical choise, since you're the leader of magic haters and all. I think it was after that one time you caught me semi-afk spamming some shield or something and when I came to check on CF(I was reading webcomics while spamming), I saw you pounding Endalion and saw that I was slightly winning for some freaky RNG happenstance. It was pretty funny.

Kaisse wasn't evil, so I worded and started talking about how to cast armor. Or maybe it was some other time you jumped on me. The only ragers that I remember hunting me and actually jumping on me on any frequency were you and Iasolar. I tried to fight both of you at least once. I recall hunting you twice or so(that one fight in the Fortress after the one incident where you almost got me), but giving up immediately after you got the first strike and my immolation chance was ruined.

Anyway, the response to you hunting me was the magic lessons(there was only one since you were) and that "We'll make a mage out of you yet."-attitude. Have fun in the fields!

By the way, did you hear someone whisper "No-one here but us blackjacking thieves." The other day? I was feeling a bit bored and was playing with whispering wind and sent you that after sending a "Boo." to a random dwarf called Domjac, who was in Evermoon at the time. I also tried to send something like "Oath. Shadow Sect needs your items. Drop them before the Sect Hall of Shadow." to an Imperial shifter, but it he couldn't hear it and Endalion didn't get his moment of roleplaying the Shadow Lord of Empire or something.

Endalion Laica Ingolemo, Squire Tara'bal

AiekoosoThu 29-Dec-05 01:47 PM
Member since 18th Dec 2003
305 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44094, "RE: Ah. My reluctant apprentice."
In response to Reply #28

Whispering wind doesn't work that way.

DurNominatorThu 29-Dec-05 04:23 PM
2018 posts
#44101, "You've failed to convince me"
In response to Reply #29

I think it does work like I thought.

Target fails spell save and sees:

Someone whispers <message>

Target saves vs spell successfully and sees:

A voice on the wind whispers <message>

The targets were in random location and some have reported hearing someone whispers..

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #44046 Previous topic | Next topic