Subject: "(DEL) <None> Gulturiltin the Abandoner of His Fellows, ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4389
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 31-Jan-02 08:28 PM
Member since 09th May 2024
16834 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4389, "(DEL) Gulturiltin the Abandoner of His Fellows, Spineless Wonder"

Thu Jan 31 20:26:40 2002

1 o''clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of Futility on the Theran calendar Gulturiltin perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Lawful
Cabal:None, None
Hours:275
PK Ratio:20% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply hehe, Trien (Guest) (Guest), 03-Feb-02 05:00 AM, #20
Reply RE: (DEL) <None> Gulturiltin the Abandoner of His Fello..., BattleCharmed (Guest) (Guest), 01-Feb-02 01:00 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DEL) <None> Gulturiltin the Abandoner of His Fello..., Gulturiltin (Guest) (Guest), 01-Feb-02 08:35 AM, #4
Reply Take care Gult, Anborankein (Guest) (Guest), 01-Feb-02 10:25 AM, #5
Reply Becoming like the Dawn..., Jiijjustan (Guest) (Guest), 01-Feb-02 01:29 PM, #8
     Reply The Light, Weswin (Guest) (Guest), 01-Feb-02 02:04 PM, #9
     Reply true, a warlock (Guest) (Guest), 01-Feb-02 02:18 PM, #11
          Reply You're right, I'm stupid, but..., Jiijjustan (Guest) (Guest), 01-Feb-02 04:12 PM, #13
               Reply I think we're agreeing here but drawing different concl..., warlock again (Guest) (Guest), 01-Feb-02 04:28 PM, #14
               Reply RE: I think we're agreeing here but drawing different c..., Jiijjustan (Guest) (Guest), 01-Feb-02 08:46 PM, #17
               Reply Once again, you miss the point, Dallevian, 01-Feb-02 07:23 PM, #15
     Reply Let me help you out, Dallevian, 01-Feb-02 02:07 PM, #10
     Reply sylvan vs warlock = approx rager vs warlock, me (Guest) (Guest), 01-Feb-02 02:35 PM, #12
          Reply RE: sylvan vs warlock = approx rager vs warlock, ORB, 01-Feb-02 08:11 PM, #16
Reply RE: (DEL) <None> Gulturiltin the Abandoner of His Fello..., Meathnor (Guest) (Guest), 01-Feb-02 09:06 PM, #18
Reply heh, Viornsra (Guest) (Guest), 01-Feb-02 10:48 PM, #19
Reply Spineless? I think not., Manecit (Guest) (Guest), 04-Feb-02 09:06 PM, #21
     Reply RE: Spineless? I think not., Priolith (Guest), 05-Feb-02 05:00 PM, #22
          Reply true, but titles are often like this, incognito, 05-Feb-02 05:53 PM, #23
          Reply yeah yeah we get it already, not blind or stupid (Guest) (Guest), 06-Feb-02 02:43 AM, #24
Reply RE: (DEL) <None> Gulturiltin the Abandoner of His Fello..., Lanaulyn (Guest) (Guest), 01-Feb-02 02:38 AM, #1
     Reply its funny to see this, Arolin (Guest) (Guest), 01-Feb-02 04:52 AM, #2
          Reply RE: its funny to see this, Daurwyn (Guest) (Guest), 01-Feb-02 06:55 AM, #3
          Reply by the way, that "Bush" maths again ;-), Daurwyn (Guest) (Guest), 01-Feb-02 11:57 AM, #6

Trien (Guest) (Guest)Sun 03-Feb-02 05:00 AM

#4390, "hehe"
In response to Reply #0

Well played and all such jazz. Really.

BattleCharmed (Guest) (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-02 01:00 PM

#4391, "RE: (DEL) <None> Gulturiltin the Abandoner of His Fello..."
In response to Reply #0

Well I guess that defending the Angel with you was for naught, I will never be remembered as I thought I would. I aided the WarLocks in the beginning and Battled them in the end. You did a rather good a job, and yes this person is very capable of doing a better job, so DO IT FOOL!

Your buddy BattleCharmed
Oh Yea, Im Talno

Gulturiltin (Guest) (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-02 08:35 AM

#4392, "RE: (DEL) <None> Gulturiltin the Abandoner of His Fello..."
In response to Reply #0

Well on the matter of my pk ratio after i quit warlocks i just stopped caring i died twice and past level fourty i think i only died a total of four times..maybe five..though at the low ranks i died to orc gang bangs like 8 times so that might have something to do with it. Arcanes are really fun but hard to play i had fun and will definately play another some time.

On the matter of Scion:
Karel me and you fought so many times it's rediculous though I hardly ever died to you. I had fun with those fights.
Viornsra you were about the only Scion i respected and ever talked to without trying to kill.
uhmmm no one else comes to mind..

Dawn:
Vynmylak: We fought a bunch of scion quiet a few times together
but was fun none the less.
Lanayln: One of my favorite people I just loved to see you around because we could go do stuff together.

Maran:
Johan: You and i could do a lot together thanks for showing me a few things with this char and my last two..god your getting old
Varital: You and I killed Viornsra that day in Arkham but gave everything back thats about the only time i ever saw you oddly enough.

Warlocks: My favorite cabal though right now i'm mad at it for some reasons that are obvious and others that are not and i don't think it's focusing on what it's suppose to. It's turning into a wierd masters.

Daurwyn: I miss you and I think you were a good choice on Preceptor though i think Leeah should be Magister no offense Anborankein. I think you will do fine as well. But Leeah has proven herself to me time and again and you weren't really around much when i was.

Leeah: Me and you were good friends and went pking together sometimes grats on mastering everything(except tome)

Karithia: We had a lot of long talks and whatnot and I respected you and your knowledge sorry it turned out like it did.

Felgaire: Damn you!! why did you die...*mutter* One of the Best Leaders of the Tower i've seen...well you were around a lot to

Lithmowa: When you were younger you and I talked a bit and i did your nails and gave you a manicure

Danfield: You were brave and didn't care about dieing much I saw you fight a lot of rather difficult fights and not give up.

Aubrey: I liked you a lot and things always went bad for you..nough said.

I know i'm forgetting people but i'm kinda tired and my hand has burns all over it from that stupid grill

Ohhh i can't forget Meathnor he and I talked a lot and we showed each other some of the more less known things in the game.

Well I'm sorry things turned out like they did but ohh well I think it's for the better. I just got a job and am trying to get a life. Ohh and I am really gay for all those who care. I had hoped to get tattooed by Jacynth but i couldn't find her is she alive? I didn' like to pk unless people pissed me off then you were dead. I once had three arcanes in the Tower hunting this stupid gnome. *laugh* Ohh well. Near the end i got pissy and tried to join dawn then Savraeth said a bunch of stuff that i don't believe was entirely correct but it was her opinion so *shrug* that ruined my chances. I got bored and whatnot so i tried to join sylvan heheheheh. Though I was lawful and got sick of it and just deleted. One of my funner chars i must say. My other chars were Mordion, Kalihayn, and Sadrien well my more recent ones...ohh well Tah tah see you in the Fields.

Anborankein (Guest) (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-02 10:25 AM

#4399, "Take care Gult"
In response to Reply #4

Sorry things didnt work out. I personally feel that Warlock was becoming like a second Dawn (no offense to Dawn) and this change is for the good. Ive traveled with ayou alot with another charactor of mine. You are damn skilled and knowledgable..

I hope to see you back in the future. Take care.

Jiijjustan (Guest) (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-02 01:29 PM

#4400, "Becoming like the Dawn..."
In response to Reply #5

I don't know about what you just posted... It seems to me that since the scion weakened up a little, the warlock are just looking for an excuse to get back into a big war. Sure, the warders may have started it when Daurwyn was raised, but it seems to me the war only escalated as it has because both sides wanted it really badly. In my opinion, if the warlock OR sylvan really stand for the Light, they should be doing all they can to end the war. But no, let's just call the other side evil (Priolith) or profane, so we can excuse the bloodshed. If this were real life, the U.N. would be coming in to stop this pointless war, and would probably neutralize both sides so you couldn't do jack didley... Oh, but wait... Better idea... Let's keep ourselves distracted with killing other light hearts, so the scions we worked so hard to suppress can come back in full swing... Then, what do you know, the Sylvan and Warlock suddenly work together to get rid of the Scion! Fools... You can't do that. You hate each other too much.
I personally like a lot of the warders, and warlocks, and the imms of both cabals... But let's face it, this war is a case of bad judgement. And now, your pride is keeping you from stepping down, therefore admitting you screwed up. That's life. You may as well start here, in CF.

Weswin (Guest) (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-02 02:04 PM

#4404, "The Light"
In response to Reply #8

Sorry friend, but you make comments about the cabals being of the Light. The Warders have nothing to do with the "Light" save the fact that we like the sunshine that the sun provides to the trees in our forests. I'm neutral and I could care less about the light versus the darkness. I'm there to protect the wilds for my own reasons. So, its not a pointless war. We see Daurwyn, a defiler by our standards, as the leader of a cabal, we want his life ended so the cabal is not defiling because of its top down leadership. Plus, ooc of Weswin, Sylvan needed another person to battle as the Scion's aren't doing much. Same with the Warlocks. We have our reasons, and they are good.

The Jagged Claw

a warlock (Guest) (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-02 02:18 PM

#4405, "true"
In response to Reply #9

Weswin is right.

It is largely a game balance issue. If we weren't fighting each other there would be wholesale ganging of scions going on. That's not a lot of fun for those who like a challenge or those who get ganged repeatedly. There is no reason two groups who both have the best of intentions cannot be at odds with each other. And yes, you're right that if scions became all powerful again, warlocks and sylvans would likely forgive and forget (except for conjurers being hunted) and go back to having peace again while they fought the scions.

If a war is necessary to keep the game entertaining, and plausible (which the sylvan/warlock one is), then the cost of "broken friendships" between the warring cabals is perhaps acceptable. The two were not supposed to travel together anyway in the first place.

Jiijjustan (Guest) (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-02 04:12 PM

#4406, "You're right, I'm stupid, but..."
In response to Reply #11

"Weswin is right.
It is largely a game balance issue. "

Who gives a care about game balance except the Nexus? If I remember correctly, it was the scions that were ganging everyone else for the longest time. May as well return the favor while you can, or maybe some of you enjoyed that... I know I didn't... Sure, it was a fun challenge, but that went on for too long...

warlock again (Guest) (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-02 04:28 PM

#4408, "I think we're agreeing here but drawing different concl..."
In response to Reply #13

"...scions that were ganging everyone else for the longest time..."

"...maybe some of you enjoyed that... I know I didn't... "

We're in agreement that ganging is not desirable. It is impossible to ensure that ganging won't happen during the sylvan warlock war, but the odds of one side's individuals getting repeatedly ganged are reduced by engineering evenly matched sides. As there are valid IC reasons for the war, and it also serves the ooc purpose of helping to balance the cabal wars, I think they are justified.

As far as "returning the favor", the scions currently around weren't those guilty of the ganging, from what I recall. Beating up on the few who are sticking it out would be practicing what we've both condemned here.

Jiijjustan (Guest) (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-02 08:46 PM

#4409, "RE: I think we're agreeing here but drawing different c..."
In response to Reply #14

As far as "returning the favor", the scions currently around weren't those guilty of the ganging, from what I recall. Beating up on the few who are sticking it out would be practicing what we've both condemned here.

You're right about that... The scions still putting in their time deserve respect. I think my whole complaint has been pretty extreme, and I'm probably wrong about the entire thing... Guess I'm just pissed cause I see my friends killing each other. I'm pissed in character, and out of character. I just hope this war ends soon, because it's not the kind of 'fresh' I enjoy...

DallevianFri 01-Feb-02 07:23 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1620 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4407, "Once again, you miss the point"
In response to Reply #13

We're not talking about 'balance' in the aspect of goodies, neutrals, and evils. We're talking about game balance in an out of character fashion.

DallevianFri 01-Feb-02 02:07 PM
1620 posts
#4403, "Let me help you out"
In response to Reply #8

Do you realize how many people -wouldn't- play this mud if cabal wars didn't happen? That's what makes the game dramatic, enticing, and exciting. Cabal wars. CF is not a mush, it's a rp mud heavily into the pk'ing aspect. The Warlock/Sylvan war is more than justified, and it's really needed at the moment to keep the game fresh.

me (Guest) (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-02 02:35 PM

#4401, "sylvan vs warlock = approx rager vs warlock"
In response to Reply #8

Wars are not fought over alignment per se.

Real life examples: crusades, World Wars, Gulf War etc.

Do you believe that in each of these wars one side was evil? No. There are "lightwalkers" on both sides fighting because they have different beliefs, values, information etc.

The sylvan warlock one is analagous to this to the extent that, although the warlocks are all lightwalkers, they are fighting over a point of principle, as are the sylvans.

The same is true of the village vs warlocks. Both the sylvans and the village include lightwalkers, but they both have reasons to fight the warlocks that are not linked to "evil" except in individual circumstances.

ORBFri 01-Feb-02 08:11 PM
993 posts
#4402, "RE: sylvan vs warlock = approx rager vs warlock"
In response to Reply #12

I would say Nazis were definately lawful evil bastards. There's one thing to fight a war, another to cook millions of innocent people in an oven. Gulf War, I'd say Saddam's regime is chaotic evil, the people are kept in line by the threat that Saddam will use his chemical weapons and kill even his own people. This was best shown when he began commiting genocide on the kurds living on his borders by using chemicals on them. So yes there are plenty of real life examples of good vs evil wars. Though while the US government likes to spin themselves as the good guys, we can argue just how far from it they actually are. So yes in the wars you described one side was evil.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

Meathnor (Guest) (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-02 09:06 PM

#4398, "RE: (DEL) <None> Gulturiltin the Abandoner of His Fello..."
In response to Reply #4

I had a great time traveling with you and our chats were most enlightening. I will realy miss Gulteriltin as I realy enjoyed your company. Hope to see you in a new incarnation soon.

Viornsra (Guest) (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-02 10:48 PM

#4397, "heh"
In response to Reply #4

Well I had respect for you as well, I did what I could to assault others rather than taking to hunting you when you were around. It could just be due to my being very tired, but you are the only one who attempted to return my things after I fell any time, even from among those like yourself who I saw get everything, everything but coins, or everything but a few items back. Props on that too.

Manecit (Guest) (Guest)Mon 04-Feb-02 09:06 PM

#4393, "Spineless? I think not."
In response to Reply #4

I think the title was totally undeserved. It takes more guts to follow your instincts about a war that is unpopular, then it takes to follow like a sheep. My dealings with you were very few. But, you, and a few others who shall remain nameless because they still are involved, understood BOTH sides of the sylvan/warlock war. The negotiations were good, so we all thought. Well done on following your intuition and not crumbling to somebody else's ideal. Whether you were right or wrong is not the issue. Just know that very few saw you as spineless.

Priolith (Guest)Tue 05-Feb-02 05:00 PM

#4394, "RE: Spineless? I think not."
In response to Reply #21

I agree compleatly... It took more guts to
stand up for your beliefs.. and reject someone
elses idea of what was right.. and walk away
than to become a sheep and go BAAAAAAAHHHHHHH...

Yet you were spineless? *pfeh* I think not.

incognitoTue 05-Feb-02 05:53 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4396, "true, but titles are often like this"
In response to Reply #22

Take Tiberianus. His title was "Capricious, the Pawn of Imbalance" or something like that. Basically because he carried out acts that would now accepted within the nexus but weren't at the time. Just because you are titled doesn't really mean your title sums up every aspect of your character.

I agree that in one sense Gulturiltin stood up for his beliefs, (and much props to him) but on the other hand he declined to stand beside his companions because of his conscience. So "spineless" while degrading, is still applicable because of the latter point of view. It was hard for his *character* to stand beside the warlocks. Hence his *character* was spineless only in the sense that he couldn't steel himself to do this.

I think that is all the title was meant to indicate. Not that he spent his life running away or anything like that.

not blind or stupid (Guest) (Guest)Wed 06-Feb-02 02:43 AM

#4395, "yeah yeah we get it already"
In response to Reply #22

what a shock that two members of the infamous sylvan OOC ring can come to an agreement on a warlock leader that wanted to accept the terms they demanded

Lanaulyn (Guest) (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-02 02:38 AM

#4410, "RE: (DEL) <None> Gulturiltin the Abandoner of His Fello..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see you go like that... Lanaulyn thought you were getting ready to do something special, now that you'd left the warlock, but I guess you decided otherwise... Well, I'll say more after Lanaulyn's gone... Better luck with your next...

Arolin (Guest) (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-02 04:52 AM

#4411, "its funny to see this"
In response to Reply #1

It's funny to see a cautious person delete young
It's funny to see a cautious person with such a low pk ratio.
With a pk ratio so low and that you took almost no risks, must mean you killed like 4 people and died once, what a waste of a hero.

Daurwyn (Guest) (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-02 06:55 AM

#4413, "RE: its funny to see this"
In response to Reply #2

I am certain Gulturiltin was skilled enough to get a better pk ratio had he tried. Having spent a bit of time with him, pk was not what he focused on, but he was very knowledgeable and I am assuming correspondingly skilled.

I knew this was coming from the stuff you said but it is still a shame to see you go, Gult. I admired the way you stood by your beliefs and left by choice, yet didn't take the easy option and join the sylvans. One of my characters did a similar thing and everyone assumed he'd been booted as well. I think what happened was a shame, but you must have known it was coming given what we both knew beyond what the rest of the tower did. I know the Gulturiltin (the character) believed that I did support a truce, but I hope Gulturiltin the player understood that wanting peace and accepting terms imposed upon the cabal to get that peace are not the same thing. We were also both party to knowledge that ruled out the possibility, at least at this time.

Having said that, you were always the person I wished to lead with (and the one I recommended to lead us when the issue first came up), so I was especially disappointed with what happened. We had some good times and I valued your experience and companionship a lot (both IC and OOC).

I am sure your next character will be a good one.

Daurwyn (Guest) (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-02 11:57 AM

#4412, "by the way, that "Bush" maths again ;-)"
In response to Reply #2

died four times to one kill might be what you meant.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4389 Previous topic | Next topic