Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Hirken the Grand Master of Changeling..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #43486
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 06-Dec-05 01:00 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43486, "(CON LOSS) [None] Hirken the Grand Master of Changelings"

Tue Dec 6 00:02:20 2005

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Hirken perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:244

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Oh yeah, by the way..., Hirken (Guest), 06-Dec-05 02:11 PM, #20
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Hirken the Grand Master of Change..., HIrken (Guest), 06-Dec-05 03:19 AM, #3
Reply Hirken hirken hirken., Bajula, 06-Dec-05 06:26 AM, #4
Reply Yay!, Chakru (Guest), 06-Dec-05 07:05 AM, #5
Reply I'm starting to look like a hardass..its really not the..., Corrlaan, 06-Dec-05 08:23 AM, #6
Reply RE: I'm starting to look like a hardass..its really not..., Hirken (Guest), 06-Dec-05 01:37 PM, #13
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Hirken the Grand Master of Change..., Riv (Guest), 06-Dec-05 09:14 AM, #7
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Hirken the Grand Master of Change..., Aarn, 06-Dec-05 09:33 AM, #8
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Hirken the Grand Master of Change..., Hirken (Guest), 06-Dec-05 01:41 PM, #14
     Reply PK Advice:, nepenthe, 06-Dec-05 01:52 PM, #17
          Reply RE: PK Advice:, Hirken (Guest), 06-Dec-05 01:58 PM, #19
Reply Well..., Bliggy (Guest), 06-Dec-05 10:11 AM, #9
Reply RE: On PK part Hear hear!, Bajula, 06-Dec-05 01:23 PM, #12
Reply RE: Well..., Hirken (Guest), 06-Dec-05 01:45 PM, #15
Reply Well well.. not even an honorable mention! Bah!, Iasolar (Guest), 06-Dec-05 10:14 AM, #10
Reply RE: Well well.. not even an honorable mention! Bah!, Hirken (Guest), 06-Dec-05 01:49 PM, #16
Reply I feel left out too... no honorable mention, Thomuyn (Guest), 06-Dec-05 12:27 PM, #11
     Reply RE: I feel left out too... no honorable mention, Hirken (Guest), 06-Dec-05 01:54 PM, #18
Reply Damn it., Oqoko (Guest), 06-Dec-05 01:08 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Damn it., Hirken (Guest), 06-Dec-05 02:49 AM, #2

Hirken (Guest)Tue 06-Dec-05 02:11 PM

#43518, "Oh yeah, by the way..."
In response to Reply #0

If you have any more questions or comments, feel free to email me at Brokenatlas@yahoo.com

Hirk

HIrken (Guest)Tue 06-Dec-05 03:19 AM

#43489, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Hirken the Grand Master of Change..."
In response to Reply #0

Hmm. How do I put this? I loved and hated playing Hirken. A lot of drama, ticking off the Fortress Deities, and a whole lot of dying in various psuedo-brave and moronic ways. But all in all, I did learn a bit about a few things. Anyhow, here it goes for the list of people I want to say thanks and I hate you to.

Fortress: Xilla-Thanks for inducting me into the Fort. DIdn't get to interact with you much but the few times we did were enjoyable.
Kelayna-That was a real emotional rollercoaster that we went on with the whole love triangle deal. Good interactions and good Rp in general.
Bligduum-I'm sorry Hirken stole your girl, but in the end all Hirken wanted to do was regain your trust. Good Rp all around with you.
Breallye-I thought you were such a hardass at first, but after Hirken got past your rough exterior laid a heart of gold. Towards the end especially you became much like a mentor and long lost friend to Hirken. I did hate it when you put him to sleep all the time though. Heh.
Kael-Once the whole emotional bit started playing in big, I began to miss the times we had in the Dreamlands leveling with you, me and Riv. Your character taught a great deal to Hirken(even if it sunk in a bit slow at times.). Your constant advice helped him make more than a few decisions.

Other mentions:
Rivkah-Just plain fun to be around. What more can I say? You taught Hirken how to enjoy himself, even if it did get him in trouble in the end. You taught him how to love and laugh.
Oqoko-YOU really tried Hirken's patience when you were on your journey to redemption. You don't know how many times I really just wanted to type 'Slap Oqoko'. Still, all in all I'm glad I didn't hit enter, as you turned out pretty well. I'm glad you stuck it out. Good Rp and all around annoyance. Heh.
Kasdenn-You were always helpful and charitable to Hirken. You played a solid Tibbie as far as I saw. Keep up the good work.

As for all of the other Cabals....

Empire:
I hate you all. I can't stand the empire. Enough said.
Scion:Two members come to mind.

Razmorthin-I got so creeped out everytime I saw the words 'You feel as though you are being watched.'. It was all I could do not to just quit out of the game and wait until you were off. Good job on the whole creepy thing. I also just assumed that I was always being watched by that damned raven of yours. I'm not certain about the Rp part of it as I was always on the receiving end of one conjuration or another of yours.
Chakru-Is it mandatory for healers of the Chasm to just be really off in the head? If so, they broke the mold with you. You and Raz were both creepy, but in different ways. You almost seemed insane at times. I hated having to defend the gates of the Fortress with you healing all of your crones. I wish I could've gotten you killed just once. It would've made me feel better. Heh.

To the Gods of the Fortress:
I have never been too good at playing faith characters. I'm sorry if I pissed you guys off. I'm still trying to learn about faith characters, so thanks for not booting me out sooner.

I think that's all. Be well and all that.

Hirken

BajulaTue 06-Dec-05 06:26 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43493, "Hirken hirken hirken."
In response to Reply #3

Just out of curiosity why didn't you come with me on those retrieving
runs? Our forms were so similar all you had to do was follow my lead
a couple of times and then you could have easily gotten back the orb yourself. I didn't i'd have to ask anyone about getting the orb back.
hehe. Sometimes you made me want to strangle you. Other times well you'd jump in with both feet and head for death. Should I even ask what you got booted for? I give you a thumbs up for con dying though.
Next time you are playing a shifter headed into bad odds set wimpy as high as you can and run like an orc at need.
If you couldn't shift to your air form and fly (earthbound) revert take a couple steps and word or teleport.

Hrm other advice, try again. do better. when that one dies, try again do better.

Chakru (Guest)Tue 06-Dec-05 07:05 AM

#43494, "Yay!"
In response to Reply #3

Well, i'm glad you percieved me the right way. Because Chakru was well...pretty insane. He didnt think of himself as half-elf, but a human, because he pretty much, cut away his elven eyes and ears, and cut himself plenty to 'bleed' out the elven blood. So yeah, he was pretty crazy and just liked pain and stuff. Well you definatley get points for sticking it out. You reminded me of my old character Tiahan, he had panther and well, I sure died a whole lot too . Just be lucky that Scion wasnt as strong as it was then . Well, good luck with your next.

Don't think of your character got under IMMS skin, they were watching you. If you did that, its doubtful they'd be watching. Go back in the Fortress, learn from your mistakes and get that Acolyte . It will take you a couple characters to get the 'groove' of a cabal and a class. Good luck man, and well done!

CorrlaanTue 06-Dec-05 08:23 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
#43495, "I'm starting to look like a hardass..its really not the..."
In response to Reply #3

First off you were a pretty decently roleplayed character. And you certainly didnt piss me off. Let me just give you a couple comments about your actions that might have made me come off as pissed.

You claimed to follow me, yet didnt really make an obvious effort to worship me until you needed a vitality quest. Strike One.

You and Kelayna were having this constant pity party about the whole love triangle situation which is soooo anti Corrlaan's religion its not funny. Thats the reason for my whole tirade on the both of you about being self-absorbed. Strike Two.

And lastly if you read the helpfile on Vitality Quest..theres very little reason for me to give you some con...so you can go back to the pity party mentioned in the previous paragraph.

Corrlaan is NOT...a lovey dovey peacenik forgiving everyone kind of god. A lot of people have this misconception that because Im the Acolyte Imm...I must be a wuss. Think of me as a stern father. If you need a whuppin...Im gonna give ya a whuppin. So those stern words I may have imparted on you meant I was trying to steer you back in the right direction.

So now that I've sounded like a mean mean god in two farewell posts so far...I'll back off.

Just enjoy the game..thats all we ask.

Corrlaan

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

Hirken (Guest)Tue 06-Dec-05 01:37 PM

#43509, "RE: I'm starting to look like a hardass..its really not..."
In response to Reply #6

I didn't really think you were a hardass. To be honest I haven't played CF since the GOlden Grimoire was a cabal. For some reason, every time I step away for CF for a while, I come back, play and have to make one screw up charactwer before I can get into the swing of things again. I did learn a good deal about your religion and being an acolyte through all of my stumbling. Thanks for the help and the advice did not fall on deaf ears. Thanks again.

Hirken

Riv (Guest)Tue 06-Dec-05 09:14 AM

#43498, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Hirken the Grand Master of Change..."
In response to Reply #3

Loved it all! Thanks for the constant source of amusement. I really thought Hirk was a cool guy and I had fun whenever he was around. I'm definitely sorry to see you go.

AarnTue 06-Dec-05 09:33 AM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
#43499, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Hirken the Grand Master of Change..."
In response to Reply #3

I hope Hirken was a good experience for you... you must have been enjoying it somewhat at least to play it out to con death! I certainly didn't hate Hirken, and I didn't want to kick you out, but you kinda forced my hand there, you know.

Two things stood out to me: Stealing your friends girl is decidedly dastardly and ignoble. Hence the title. Ignoring two people raiding so you can sit and chat was what got you kicked out though. I'm sorry you didn't have enough con to work your way back in, it could have been fun.

Anyway, good luck with your next! Hopefully you can build on the Hirken experience.

Aarn

Hirken (Guest)Tue 06-Dec-05 01:41 PM

#43510, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Hirken the Grand Master of Change..."
In response to Reply #8

Two things: I suck at PK, and I Don't Delete. If a character is going down the tubes, I always stick it out. I'll try harder next time and I'll do better. I'm going to take some time away from cabals for a bit and learn how to prep and do a bit of exploring before I come back to any. Well with one exception. But he's not dead yet, and you guys know who he is. But exploring and prep info is what I'll be gathering for a while. Thanks for the feedback.

Hirken

nepentheTue 06-Dec-05 01:52 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43515, "PK Advice:"
In response to Reply #14

All you really need to do to improve at PK is to try to take a lesson away from each death and not repeat your mistakes too much. That IMHO is a more important PK skill than just about any other. Everyone does something dumb or gets outplayed now and then.

The little bit I saw Hirken, the only thing that was really painful for me to watch about him in PK was dying the same way in multiple succession. E.g. taking your minor air form up into the sky and being eaten by a faster enemy major air form, again and again and again.

Hirken (Guest)Tue 06-Dec-05 01:58 PM

#43517, "RE: PK Advice:"
In response to Reply #17

Yeah after a while, I just stayed out of the skies if Trulinta was even around. Heh. I had waaaaaay too many mid-flight deaths. I learned from that. Never wait for whimsical voices on the wind to heal you, and to watch those damnable movement points. Ugh. Oh yeah, and don't fly away when you're almost dead and are poisoned. Very bad idea.

Thanks for the advice though. I really didn't think the Imms cared for me especially after the whole soap opera, love triangle thing. Thanks for the immput though. It is very appreciated.

Hirken, still learning and still dying.

Bliggy (Guest)Tue 06-Dec-05 10:11 AM

#43503, "Well..."
In response to Reply #3

While Bliggy didn't like having his girl stolen out from under him, he took a more feministic view and believed that if Kelayna wanted to be with you, then she should have been with you, and that love didn't wait on convenience. So I think I was more forgiving than our beloved IMMs, at least on that part.

That being said, it wasn't the trust thing that made Bliggy more distant from you and Kel - I think it was more the ouch, my girlfriend left me, I'm not over this yet kinda thing. And because there's no such thing as an angsty depressed dwarf, Bliggy just became more distant and less emotional.

On the other hand, before all that weird crap took place, you were a lotta fun to RP with.

On PK: I swear to god if you had just followed Feichin around more you two woulda kicked so much ass. Our own aerial assault/support force. Heh.

BajulaTue 06-Dec-05 01:23 PM
929 posts
#43508, "RE: On PK part Hear hear!"
In response to Reply #9

I agree with Bliggy there, Once I found out you got panther and osprey, I was thinking muhuhahahahaha!

for Blig A couple of times Hirken grouped in the air and went in together. It was kind of neat, Sadly I think when we did that people focused on hirken because from experience (I'm guessing) They found they had a good shot at killing him? I was just hoping he'd flee and take to the skies and I would a smidgen later etc..
We never really got to work it out though, but I sure wanted to get the tandem flying hunting cats going
I think if we had had a little more practice at working together
or If I'd have sat down and discussed each "adventure" afterwards and spoke of what we should have done, etc. blah blah blah what might have been hehe. I sadly logged nothing, I wish I would have because then I could have gone back over it and given him better advice. Far more than half the time I just looked at my "job" * at the time and my own health.

*Job being things like keep chakru from fleeing, returning and group teleporting, or focus on serduk etc..

Hirken (Guest)Tue 06-Dec-05 01:45 PM

#43512, "RE: Well..."
In response to Reply #9

I would've loved to do the whole arial assault thing, I just didn't have the nerve. But all in all, playing my first shifter to hero has taught me a couple of things.
1.Hope for something better than a panther and an osprey. Heh.
2.Learn how to prep dammit!

I really liked to Rp with you. It was really fun. I hope I meet another one of your characters. Enough said.

Hirk

Iasolar (Guest)Tue 06-Dec-05 10:14 AM

#43504, "Well well.. not even an honorable mention! Bah!"
In response to Reply #3

Luck on your next!

Hirken (Guest)Tue 06-Dec-05 01:49 PM

#43514, "RE: Well well.. not even an honorable mention! Bah!"
In response to Reply #10

Man, you have to be one of the most cicilized Villagers I've EVER come into contact with. You tried to kill me twice, but failed thankfully. Hirken only fell to one Villager and that was Varthas. So many other mages I've played would constantly fall to a horde of villagers screaming 'DIE MAGE! I'M GONNA TAKE YOUR HEAD AND WEAR IT AS A BONNET!', or something like that. GOod job on the civilized thing man.

Just so you know though, I like playing mages.

Hirk

Thomuyn (Guest)Tue 06-Dec-05 12:27 PM

#43507, "I feel left out too... no honorable mention"
In response to Reply #3

You had more impact on a couple of people's characters than you are willing to take credit for. That talk in Corrlaan's shrine was just what I needed as I was seeking empowerment. I think I was fifteen hours or so into it, and had not seen him. You kept the spark alive in this character that is now growing into a really damn fun what to play.

And the talk about you being a mentor to all the Light, even if you do not think you should be, or are ready to be, I meant that fully.

Hirken (Guest)Tue 06-Dec-05 01:54 PM

#43516, "RE: I feel left out too... no honorable mention"
In response to Reply #11

I'm glad I could help with your character. Hirken seemed to have good advice for everyone but himself. Just goes along with the whole conversation he and Corrlaan had right after getting booted out of the Fort at His shrine. Hirken tried to please far too many people and lost sight of himself and his purpose in life. I still think that the Fort does not need a leader like that, but thank you for the words of encouragement. Helping you and Oqoko keep the faith were about the best things that Hirken ever did I think. Good luck, and I'll be seeing you around. Heh. I've already travelled with THom several times already.

Teehee,
Hirken, man of many faces.

Oqoko (Guest)Tue 06-Dec-05 01:08 AM

#43487, "Damn it."
In response to Reply #0

I lag off every two minutes.. if I am lucky...more likely it is pretty much every minute. Sorry I could not make it to your swan song at the Inn, I would have never made it trying to run there.

Excellent story stuff with you, I really enjoyed it. Hopefully I can give you some more info once I am done. But you were central to the storyline after a while and kept me going.

Hirken (Guest)Tue 06-Dec-05 02:49 AM

#43488, "RE: Damn it."
In response to Reply #1

I think I might cry. Heh. I'm glad that Hirken could be helpful to your character's development. At least he did some good.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #43486 Previous topic | Next topic