Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Rushakal of Ter Ilv Mugalt, the Malef..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #43266
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 30-Nov-05 09:40 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43266, "(DELETED) [SCION] Rushakal of Ter Ilv Mugalt, the Malefic"

Wed Nov 30 20:40:37 2005

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Rushakal perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:82

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forsaken Dally (Guest)Thu 01-Dec-05 04:33 PM

#43318, "Goodbye."
In response to Reply #0

Sometimes, you just have to go. Even though I’ve been known as a Very Important Person for several years now, I do at least realize how misleading that title may be…‘I’m just another soldier in a road to nowhere’. So while this may come across as overly longwinded and trite, I will apologize; but I’m at work with little to do and like the idea of organizing my thoughts.

This is my fall farewell, and it’s for real. Time to step back, step down, and take a new direction. I’m grateful for being here, oddly enough, though playing for eight years or so has been a real time sink. Special props must go to my parents for letting me tie up the phone line during the evening hours while I immersed myself in a living book (this was before DSL/Cable came about and I breathed through telnet). Mudding through the wee hours of college on an OC3 network before the annoyance of Napster/Kazaa…priceless.

I’ll miss being a Battlerager and being awed by Minalcar and Dhaevor. I’ll miss the countless Entropy inductions and seeing just how cool Yggy and Ishmael are. I’ll miss the trips to Hell, though I never made it past the furies. I’ll regret not exploring the Silent Tower even though I was likely the second person to find an entrance…be careful what you attack. I’ll miss dying to Zorszaul, but love killing Graatch and Drucyrus. I’ll miss running around with Gabe, Dev, Balrahd, and Matty. I’ll love lightning swords and thinking ‘How cool are these’ for flying through arial city 20-40. I’ll miss dying in the mausoleum three times in an hour but still gaining seven ranks. I’ll grimace how every other teleport lands you smack dab in the whitecloak encampment. I’ll covet the position of being the only neutral shaman. I’ll be thankful for normal sleeping hours and no more staying up until 3:00 a.m. during finals week to participate in the rites or make one more circle in hell or get that last level or waiting at the pit while my corpse decays or staying awake to delete posts while a flamewar rages on the forums. Yah, it’s been fun.

But I’m 24 years old, and I’ve got a lot of other things I want to move towards. I’m ready to learn kayaking and hiking, start a business, build and restore furniture, play city-league football and soccer (I’m a nasty wideout and sweeper), love my fiancé/wife, and just be devoted to something other than my immediate self.

It’s been a good run. I still feel somewhat silly when my old high school friends who got me addicted here in the first place (New Years Eve in 97) ask if I still play. But I can tell they’re jealous when I smirk and tell them I sure do. I’ve met a lot of great people over the years and consider them friends as far as internet acquaintances go. I’ve always thought that the CF community was far more fun than the actual game. I also find it funny to read posts I made five years ago and compare those to the present, seeing how much more calm, sensible, and mild-mannered I am now.

So, thanks to the immortals for untold hours or dedication. You folks have created an incredibly immersive game. It’s fun, challenging, and competitive and worth every acknowledgement. However, it wouldn’t exist without the playerbase, and I’m glad that CF has maintained a greatly diversified but addicted set of personalities. I admit, we are a fun group when we keep our panties from being wadded, but even more fun when riled up. Again, I have appreciated my time here and wish you all happy trails. So long and thanks for all the fish.

As I leave, I think I’ll quietly play one last character. I came into CF as a Villager, so it only seems right to leave as one. Enjoy.

The Forsaken/Dallevian

Lightmaged (Guest)Thu 01-Dec-05 08:50 PM

#43334, "It was fun"
In response to Reply #2

Your chars always kick ass. Enjoyed interacting with them over the years.

As far as this necro. I remember helping you a bit track down some storm giant under the sea with my shifter Harkan. You tooled him and I had hoped to see more of you at hero.

Keep in touch on the boards from time to time. Take care.

MeCurious (Guest)Thu 01-Dec-05 04:54 AM

#43273, "Why?"
In response to Reply #0

Why?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #43266 Previous topic | Next topic