Subject: "(AUTO) Goapa the Salvation of War" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4313
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 23-Jan-02 02:31 AM
Member since 07th May 2024
16833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4313, "(AUTO) Goapa the Salvation of War"

Wed Jan 23 2:30:12 2002

Goapa the Salvation of War was put to rest.

Race:arial
Class:Thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:390
PK Ratio:69% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AUTO) Goapa the Salvation of War, Ashaari (Guest) (Guest), 24-Jan-02 12:51 PM, #16
Reply RE: (AUTO) Goapa the Salvation of War, Ruhknon (Guest) (Guest), 24-Jan-02 02:04 AM, #14
Reply RE: (AUTO) Goapa the Salvation of War, Kayewele (Guest) (Guest), 24-Jan-02 12:04 AM, #11
Reply Goodbyes to Non-Battles, Goapa (Guest) (Guest), 23-Jan-02 04:52 PM, #6
Reply RE: Goodbyes to Non-Battles, Daurwyn (Guest) (Guest), 23-Jan-02 05:16 PM, #7
Reply RE: Goodbyes to Non-Battles, Tibaloa (Guest) (Guest), 23-Jan-02 05:24 PM, #8
Reply RE: Goodbyes to Non-Battles, Iillien (Guest) (Guest), 23-Jan-02 10:43 PM, #9
Reply yes you did surprise me the first time you had the mask..., Goapa (Guest) (Guest), 06-Feb-02 11:27 AM, #24
Reply One of the assholes *Wry*, Viornsra (Guest) (Guest), 24-Jan-02 01:46 AM, #13
Reply Heh, Grollaski (Guest) (Guest), 24-Jan-02 12:04 PM, #15
Reply RE: Goodbyes to Non-Battles, Karnavex (Guest) (Guest), 26-Jan-02 12:40 AM, #19
Reply You had an air around you that commanded respect., Goapa (Guest) (Guest), 28-Jan-02 11:06 AM, #22
     Reply Thief versus someone prepared = dead thief, Kay (Guest) (Guest), 28-Jan-02 11:16 AM, #23
Reply Remember Me???, Brueno Al'Sifar, Priestess of the Hummingbird (Gue (Guest), 06-Feb-02 12:37 PM, #25
Reply Lies, Rio (Guest) (Guest), 07-Feb-02 11:27 AM, #29
Reply *snickers ever so softly under his breath in profound a..., Lokaoan (Guest) (Guest), 06-Feb-02 01:56 PM, #26
     Reply Oh crap! i didn't forget you!, Goapa (Guest) (Guest), 06-Feb-02 03:23 PM, #27
Reply Battle Goodbyes, enemy goodbyes in another Note, Goapa (Guest) (Guest), 23-Jan-02 12:33 PM, #2
Reply RE: Battle Goodbyes, enemy goodbyes in another Note, Tibaloa (Guest) (Guest), 23-Jan-02 12:43 PM, #3
Reply It was Bidefahl., Xanthrailles, 23-Jan-02 01:09 PM, #4
Reply Farewell, Intronan (Guest) (Guest), 23-Jan-02 02:02 PM, #5
Reply This really, really, really, really bites., Loborguz (Guest) (Guest), 23-Jan-02 11:58 PM, #10
Reply RE: Battle Goodbyes, enemy goodbyes in another Note, Vladamir (Guest) (Guest), 24-Jan-02 12:33 AM, #12
Reply Well..., Sehv (Guest) (Guest), 24-Jan-02 02:40 PM, #17
Reply The forgotten one..., Jarel (Guest) (Guest), 25-Jan-02 06:27 PM, #18
Reply RE: The forgotten one..., Loborguz (Guest) (Guest), 26-Jan-02 01:05 AM, #20
Reply Fare thee well, Rio (Guest) (Guest), 28-Jan-02 02:41 AM, #21
Reply Well, since I'm back..., Nerylana (Guest) (Guest), 06-Feb-02 04:15 PM, #28
Reply RE: Battle Goodbyes, enemy goodbyes in another Note, Ralgor (Guest) (Guest), 18-Feb-02 03:59 PM, #30
Reply Wrongest...thing...ever..., Isildur, 23-Jan-02 11:13 AM, #1

Ashaari (Guest) (Guest)Thu 24-Jan-02 12:51 PM

#4314, "RE: (AUTO) Goapa the Salvation of War"
In response to Reply #0

As a victim of the trip cheapshot permalag by You, Kolun, Guthkar and maybe Hralleth I can't remember - and no it wasn't a gangbang, just that you jacked us all out and took us down one by one. I can say that you inspired me to play arials for the forseeable future *grin*.

Anyways good job, luck and all, and such.

Ruhknon (Guest) (Guest)Thu 24-Jan-02 02:04 AM

#4315, "RE: (AUTO) Goapa the Salvation of War"
In response to Reply #0

Man, a great character. You kept the war alive, I don't think you realize this. I don't know how many times I saw this.

SYLVAN: Is Goapa lurking?
SYLVAN: Yeah, Be careful Ruhknon.

Heh. You made it so much fun, without you and Hralleth the village would have gotten fucking smoked...worse. *grin* Hated Goapa in character though behind the screen I knew you were kicking some ass, just for having the balls to challenge the forest and the about 5 warders in you pk. Made the forest road to the grove fun..Damn that forest haven hrm?

Kayewele (Guest) (Guest)Thu 24-Jan-02 12:04 AM

#4316, "RE: (AUTO) Goapa the Salvation of War"
In response to Reply #0

I only barely remember you, but here are some things I do: Sometimes I think it's in poor taste to curse using modern slang. That's what made me have a poor vision of this character. Every bit an opportunist and threatening made me think you were borderline evil. I didn't like having Goapa around, he treated many people with respect though I don't think I received the same. Being called a 'bitch' and a 'whore' even though I was playing a playful silly character with a marany twist. Good luck on the next

Kay

Goapa (Guest) (Guest)Wed 23-Jan-02 04:52 PM

#4317, "Goodbyes to Non-Battles"
In response to Reply #0

First, I forgot to mention I died with a 7 constitution. Without the con quest I would be at 1 con, long dead.

Other Immortals:
Selric:
I toyed seriously with the idea of turning Goapa into a Selric field medic for battle. I thought it would have been an awesome idea. Oh well, a defender Selric follower would be a very interesting, difficult, and great character. Someone please do it so I don't try to come back to CF and do it.

Eryndorial:
Thanks a ton for your words of encouragement. They blew Goapa away and fed his continual need for recoqnition. Our talks were great I wished you would have taken me up on my offer to do something for you since you did so much for Goapa and the village itself.

Jullias:
I chose sphere concealment not because Goapa was all secretly and such, it was because he was concealing so much emotional damage and pain. I hoped you could have done that simple little tiny request for me in the beginning to give my character an interesting beginning, but I understand that you are busy. I wanted the Guildmaster of Hamash to send a letter to Intronan saying to take me in for "certain" reasons. Oh well.

Various Immortals above:
I did not have any bad immortal interactions. I understand how hard it is I just wish one thing. Immortal interaction is the pinnicle of enjoyment on the mud. You feel kind of special and it is truly engaging. I would ask that you give just 10 minutes of immortal interaction to your mortals a week, each one. Give them something to strive for. Hell put them on useless quests to kill another mortal that is of an opposite cabal. Make them feel like they are questing. It would take five minutes to appear and say, "I demand something of you young one. The head of the Scarab Flame. His preachings have grown strong and his strength must be cut down. Do this and be rewarded."

If they do it reward them with something stupid. Title, little trinket that doesn't do anything but shows favor. Something. Would make the experience 100% better. Anyway, done ranting here.

Mortals:
Dawn:
(going to butcher names, I'm sorry so many to remember)
The bard apostle Dauryn (sp). Thanks for taking the time to show me Selric's shrine even after I picked apart Tibaloa so many times. Truly a forgive and forgive character, thanks.

Paladins:
Bidfahl (sp) You were very good at what you did and I loved the "deal" we struck. I wished you didn't scroll back to "make sure" you didn't have a potion before. To kind of deal it in the moment of reality, but oh well. It was fun and I hope you didn't get any guff from Shokai for it or any other goodie. I personally would think a Paladin, no matter how many extra things he lost out of his inventory would be above bothering with a thief. It just seems below them to kill because you lost a potion or an extra sword. To be ganged by 4 paladins was so much of a surprise for me literally just watched with my jaw open. I do thank you for returning the horn. It was one of the main parts of the cure for the village. To lose it would have ment to lose the village...

dark elf assassin Jy something (again sorry sp): Were you a scion? Where you not a scion? You assassinated scions yet so many swore you were one. I just left you be because I never knew. You kept it a very good secret, I was always guessing.

Scions:
Karel: Bastard, bastard bastard! That fight where I missed four trips in a row was so... wrong. I have never in my life missed four trips in a row. I had you, but I guess not. So many times I had you and you were saved by that damn low ranked healer. Bastard.

Mobus: Good fighting you, always fun.

Iillien: Never could figure you out. You had the mask but never came out after me unless you had numbers. To see a thief is to render them almost completely useless. It was always a tough fight.

Halisstra: I don't think I ever got you, well I take that back, maybe I did. You certainly got me a couple times.

Brotmin: My role you killed my mother with a misplaced backhand. That is how old you were. It didn't really matter but I did have a vendetta for you. I had you at north gate that one time but had wimpy set high because I was raiding in lag and forgot to turn it off. I wimpied when you were at convulsing and I was at 250 hits. It would have been close, wish I could have brought it there. Beyond that, polearm specs = bye bye thiefy. Damn that Thunderlance.

Vaern: Possible misspelling here. I always seemed to catch you at the worst fricking times. Your fly always seemed just to fall. Good going though.

That scion assassin who constantly talked trash to me even after I slew him twice. I think you know who you are but your name escapes me. Every time you would see me on you would say something then log off... Whatever.

Alsic: THIEF BATTLES! Thief battles were always so much fun. So much luck and spamming it was gross. Especially the eastern road thief hunt, hillarious. Embodied in Alsic are all the other Scions thieves I fought. There must have been 5 or 6 in my life time that came and gone. It is amazing how creative you get with that much experience with a situation. THIEFS!

The bird combo platter:
You three were a bunch of assholes. I cannot count how many times you multi-killed 7 to 8 times people in a span of an hour or two. Especially warriors. I understand "scion power kill" whatever but take a moment to feel empathy for the player behind the character you had just killed naked for the 8th time in an hour and a half. Asses, have some heart and feeling.

Sylvans:
Good old pack. To be honest Sullivaum (sp) was fun to fight you. Many others were ok to fight you. Ok honestly before you lost your powers, it was just gross to fight you. Oh well. Good luck to you all. I'm glad they were changed, no offense. You are talking to someone who had a ranger from 21st rank to hero rank that never lost his wanted flag and never died in sylvan old school. Killing was just so easy.

Tribunal:
Kooble: I loved our stand-offs at the gates. Who would make the first move. If you would be in tiger form and risk the angry backstab but have the pounce, or be the armadillo and be completely safe from me. When Meushen and I waded into town that one day, I was surprised you came, but very glad. It was a great fight. First and only time I killed an armadillo in armadillo form.

Rest of the Tribunal, sorry if I am forgetting people. You have a tough job.

Warlocks:
Sorry, just fought all of you and never got to know you.

Nexus:
Good idea, terrible execution. Hope everything gets a little better for all of you.

Drucycus (sp):
I'm in a hurry so saying it quick. Good player, bad OOC personality. Same with me I guess heh. You were a very good shaman although Goapa never knew why in the hell you wanted to kill villagers. How it all began was I asked what you were doing out there and instantly you went into your spill about killing villagers and declaring war on the village and this and that. We had our fights, no deaths, no big deal. Hopefully you age-died by now.

Independants:
Tiberianus (sp again sorry): Angry gnome flapping their wings.

Everyone else, speak up and I'll remember something about you. This is off the top of my head though.

This is an end of an era. I don't think I'll be returning to CF at all. I might still be around the forums but I'm guessing that will be less and less. Thanks everyone for a great 6 years. I know I learned a lot. Especially how to type fast and how to argue points. Who said games can't teach you anything eh?

Goapa or nevshemal@hotmail.com

Daurwyn (Guest) (Guest)Wed 23-Jan-02 05:16 PM

#4330, "RE: Goodbyes to Non-Battles"
In response to Reply #6

just a couple of comments about some of your good-byes...

missing four trips on Karel:

I think there was a reason. I missed all my lashes on him too. My guess is haste and swiftness for starters, maybe some size thing too. I missed my one chance to kill him without needing to lash by making a typo.

the scions' air-force:

having interacted with most of the scion shifters, I've found most of the recent/current ones don't multi-kill or full-loot gratuitously. They do get it into their heads to do it to particular people, but there is usually a reason for it. I've faced them with a couple of characters (one of whom was very vulnerable to them) and they always treated me fairly. Maybe being full-looted makes them angry? Stranger things have happened.

the dark-elf assassin:

you're probably thinking of Jerreraric. I'm pretty sure he ranked with villagers while scion were at war with them. Around Kidiana. Also used potions of recall in front of them and still the villagers let him rejoin them. You might not have known he was scion because he didn't fight in raids much (ever?) that I saw. Also seems nightwalker was not so suited to his style of making a kill from what I saw; rumor has it he didn't go toe to toe as often as he assassinated.

the bard apostle Dauryn:

just want to add that this character was not one of mine. My characters all have very different names. I'd agree with Valg here and advise you not to pick one ending with "a" unless you want everyone to think you are a woman.

You seemed to do a good job as a villager though from the bits I've seen.

Tibaloa (Guest) (Guest)Wed 23-Jan-02 05:24 PM

#4329, "RE: Goodbyes to Non-Battles"
In response to Reply #6

You caught an elf transmuter out of form for dual backstabs a couple of times. Hardly "Ripping Tibaloa apart". Besides my point wasn't to be a fighter. I was like a true-blue Selric Follower.

Iillien (Guest) (Guest)Wed 23-Jan-02 10:43 PM

#4327, "RE: Goodbyes to Non-Battles"
In response to Reply #6

I hated you. When I first aquired the alligator I hated it. I could not stand to be in form and you took full advantage of that. The one time I rember the most. I saw you on. Made a run for the water. Jacked on the docks. Nothing more frustrating. When I had the mask I really didn't go after people very much. I really just came across it trying to return it to Halisstra. Decided it was the best way to not get assisnated, nothing more. I am sure I surprised you with it that first time.

I really hate to see a char such as this auto. Man that sucks I would have fixed your computer. And I second the feelings on the imm interaction. Its is the ONLY reason I have played this char for so long.

-Iillien

Goapa (Guest) (Guest)Wed 06-Feb-02 11:27 AM

#4328, "yes you did surprise me the first time you had the mask..."
In response to Reply #9

I remember it vividly. I assaulted the nightwalker I believe on a raid to get my item back and when you and another returned (I believe one of the bird transmuters) I went to the village in the sands to hide and rest and spy on what was going on. Suddenly a farking alligator made a bee line right for me and attacked me at the center square of the village! I thought I was not hidden so I fled and hid. Again you attacked me! Talk about scaring the crap out of me. A seen thief is pretty much dead against most, especially a mage. Part of the reason I instantly retreated (if I was not helping other ragers raid) when I was faerie fired. Some saw it as being a "chicken" but a thief had to keep the advantage of hidden to compete against preped people. Oh well, you were nasty and I never fought that nightmare you had but I was guessing it was pretty damn bad. Can't scoff at someone getting a quest form.

Go

Viornsra (Guest) (Guest)Thu 24-Jan-02 01:46 AM

#4326, "One of the assholes *Wry*"
In response to Reply #6

I have to give you props for catching me unprepared that one time after I fought Faelmort and was standing at his corpse so he could find his way back easier. It was a solid kill, I never realised how strong trip + cheap shot was. As to killing villagers while rearming, do you think they didn't do the same to mages? Come on. Not to mention until this char was over sixty years old I never full looted a person, yet every time I died to or near a villager I was full looted, of course you have to expect some kind of payback for that. *Wry* especially with the mentality the char has.
Anyways I saw your char from a couple sides, and I rather liked them all even if you want to lump me with others heh. Hope your new comp comes together well and good luck with your next char. See you in the fields.
PS, of course we, at least I, feel bad killing especially villagers in that situation, but hell sometimes you have to subjugate that feeling for the players, as they surely will do to you as well. It is all part of the game at times, no matter how much you try to avoid it.

Grollaski (Guest) (Guest)Thu 24-Jan-02 12:04 PM

#4325, "Heh"
In response to Reply #6

Joe, I am so not surprised

-Jacob

and I sold warlocks out to battle, you just had to go f*ck it up. . .

Karnavex (Guest) (Guest)Sat 26-Jan-02 12:40 AM

#4322, "RE: Goodbyes to Non-Battles"
In response to Reply #6

Well thats one more down in a long line of worthy enemies. Loved having you about just to keep me on my toes. Because of you I started putting about an xtra hundred pounds of weapons in my sack and knapsack just to piss you off when I got jacked. If things would have worked out I would have always had a sack full of roots to avoid your sack but well those pesky sylvans discouraged me from heading that way. Your roleplay was solid and you made me remember how nice a thief is at hero. Hope you fail completly in your efforts to kick the habbit and that I'll see ya back around soon.

Goapa (Guest) (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-02 11:06 AM

#4323, "You had an air around you that commanded respect."
In response to Reply #19

It was that old Empire-ish kind of feeling when dealing with the Emperor who has been there awhile. You have respect for him dealing with the position for so long kind of thing. You had that air. When you summoned me into the hidden room I said to myself "ahh screw it, I'm going down swinging". Catching you without fly was so lucky it was gross. Great fight and thanks for inflating my ego slightly before the next Goapa slaughter. Always enjoyed our interactions later and our fights. Unfortunately you always prepared more for our fights later. Thief versus someone prepared = dead thief.

Go

Kay (Guest) (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-02 11:16 AM

#4324, "Thief versus someone prepared = dead thief"
In response to Reply #22

Completely agree, a thief's only chance is to wait for the time when their enemy is not prepared. *at all*.. unless the jack/backstab kills, which is rare. Fun for those who like assassins, due to all the waiting.

Kay

Brueno Al'Sifar, Priestess of the Hummingbird (Gue (Guest)Wed 06-Feb-02 12:37 PM

#4320, "Remember Me???"
In response to Reply #6

I got slayed by you guys couple of times cause of helping Nexus, but after that I would run to our cabal and talk to you. Armand and Rio, I remember these two bastards cause they used to asked me to locate things for them. There were few others ragers whom I helped. Once I "healing sleep" one of them, cause its a supplication, it was considered really bad. Anyway, I had fun with you guys around. Once you slayed a bastard scion for me. Thanks
Good Luck

Rio (Guest) (Guest)Thu 07-Feb-02 11:27 AM

#4321, "Lies"
In response to Reply #25

>I got slayed by you guys
>couple of times cause of
>helping Nexus, but after that
>I would run to our
>cabal and talk to you.
> Armand and Rio, I
>remember these two bastards cause
>they used to asked me
>to locate things for them.
> There were few others
>ragers whom I helped.

I cannot speak for Armand, but I NEVER asked a priest for aid. Actually, I don't remember asking anyone but a rager for aid. Speaking of you, I've seen you several times in my PK range, but you were of no interest to me. I don't think we've ever interacted.

Rio

Lokaoan (Guest) (Guest)Wed 06-Feb-02 01:56 PM

#4318, "*snickers ever so softly under his breath in profound a..."
In response to Reply #6

You damned forgetful bird, just know that I enjoyed all the interactions and time spent, you had some emotional problems and I enjoyed watching them develope.

Goapa (Guest) (Guest)Wed 06-Feb-02 03:23 PM

#4319, "Oh crap! i didn't forget you!"
In response to Reply #26

When Alligators were changed and you and I took on that gator at market square. That was truly an awesome fight. That fight coupled with a couple others with that gator gained me one of my first titles (luckiest blade of battle). Running around with a Scarab was very refreshing for me and enjoyable. I always thought thou you would see my surfacing emotional problems as "weakness" in the eyes of the Scarab ideology and you would drop me.

Thanks for being a good friend* during my non hero days.

*"friend" meaning as much as a friend a Scarab can be.

Go

Goapa (Guest) (Guest)Wed 23-Jan-02 12:33 PM

#4331, "Battle Goodbyes, enemy goodbyes in another Note"
In response to Reply #0

Well it is an end of an era.

My computer did a nice nose dive due to a video card/driver incapatibility. I finally got it fixed a week ago but the driver for my PCI communications device (my fax/modem internal card) was not present and so I had to search for the driver. I have yet to find it. Parents gave me an old work computer and did not include all the drivers for it . As you can see this was my first real problem with it.

First, Goapa.
Goapa was a character started with the sole goal in mind not to be the picture perfect hero that most if not all of my other characters have been. You know, the driven, one minded, dedicated, goal oriented character. This one was a truly chaotic neutral, confused, mentally unbalanced, having serious problems arial who moods swung like a pendulum on crack.
I had a wonderful role and I stuck to it but I never posted it to my character. I just had that want to force people to get to know the whole character through interactions over time. Most ragers if not all of them saw that (I hope) and probably Thror and Intronan, others got little pieces, but oh well. One or two got the whole story.

I hope I pulled it off, but if not, oh well, it was fun.

Goodbyes:
Battle:
Battle has always been my family. I have spent some of the best 6 years of playing there and it is a family. It is because you go through the best and worst times with people and get close fast and because in most cases (especially ugly raid situations) you have to rely on the other person. The crutch of dealing with life without magic is tremendous. Those who don't see it just don't get it and have not played a rager.
As most villager knew already, Goapa had serious, and I mean serious, family-interpersonal problems. And numerous villagers played serragate (sp?) roles in Goapa's life:
His Mother: Nerylana
Nerylana you were awesome and a great bard. We had our disagreements but you were, in essense, Goapa's mother. You took care of him during the most difficult times of the sylvan war and various other times. Your death hit him big and sent him tumbling down the "mountain".

His Big Brother #1: Grolgthus
Big angry fire giant that Goapa secretly idolized. You taught Goapa how to curse and from that point on Goapa cursed like you. His little way of idolizing you. You were awesome.

His Big Brother #2: Samar
You didn't put up with Goapa's crap which he hated but secretly loved. Our confrontations were always very verbal and alway enjoyable.

Meushen, you and I were always on the same wavelength. We fought always and continually on the same page. We were so dangerous together it was awesome. It was good to finally travel with someone I could totally rely on.

His Evil Side: Hralleth
You were one evil bastard and you inspired him to do evil things to goodly people. Bahlrah (sp) I would like to apologize for cheating you like that with the potion deal. Goapa was convinced he was sent to test paladins after that four on one paladin gangbang of me for stealing a potion. I'll address that later below.

The Hated Brother: Armand
You were very old when I was very young and I hated you so much. Goapa only saw a magic tattooed whore. But as a player, good job.

The Despised: Sehvoor
I hated you from beginning to end as Goapa. First you took up the mantle of Generalship or whatever position you were appointed like it was your god given right. I don't know about anyone else but in the village, no matter what "label" was thrown on you, you had to earn your respect around there. You definitely didn't earn it with hardly any villagers that I know of. Every single one of them I talked to as Goapa hated you. I don't know if you were a newbie or not, but you definitely didn't play an assassin too well. Maybe in the past month with me gone you did must better. Good jobe getting the position, unfortunately Goapa didn't even think you deserved yak crap.

Other friends of the guild:
Rio:
You were old and good. A thief scout is the most effective combo for a thief, and you played it well.
Kolun:
Other old bones thief. We were great together. I know how cheesy it was, but cheap shot ranking was so neat to watch.

Manarei:
Oh the attitude on you kept up with Goapa. I would sometimes talk to you knowing I was so in the wrong to get your reaction. Always cold, harsh and assholish. Perfect . You knew what you were doing. Your inventory although was quite ugly. You could equip perfectly two ragers with what you had in your inventory. The greedy little assassin who was too good at his job. Keep it up if you are still alive.

Mobongo: The storm giant who I constantly made fun of and had fun with. By the way, my pet Boa constrictor ate the puppy you gave to Goapa, sorry.

Isk: Jybrian stop deleting. We all love you!

The big old Father figure of Goapa's Life:
Loborguz
Most of Goapa's mental problems were evident here. I was hoping when I started interacting with you that you would become the father figure and you fell into the role to a tee, thanks for that. I was going to do Intronan, but he was too damn aloof to nail down. We had the best interactions. The night of depressed binge drinking was so funny I was crying at my terminal. I could not stop laughing it was so funny. We had the best times and I would like to thank you for being such a good character to interact with. To be honest, how cheesy this sounds, there was one moment interacting with you that I actually almost cried. I think I we welling up. I know people, chessy, but still. That is some good roleplaying. Good luck with everything and you were a great leader even though you were a hard ass.

To all the other villagers thanks for putting up with my crap.

To the three or so people I took to mentor who quickly deleted or died, sorry.

To all the people who I interviewed and just didn't cut it, sorry. I tried my best. I have had numerous leaders but Goapa was not cut out to be a talker.

Thror: Thanks a ton for giving me a chance. I just thought it would be something Goapa would be interested in doing and took to it. Whoever the demon was in Selric's shrine, you scared the crap out of me but did a good job. I think it was you. I would like to thank you for the returning of Con even though it was the LAST thing my character or my player wanted, but how can you refuse a god? I wanted to play out his life and that extra con put a crimp in my style. I wanted anything but con and extra life and you gave that to me. Damn you and thanks anyway.

Also, I was going to IMMort with Goapa and wrote the note and such. When you responded that I had to post it to all the Immortals even though Intronan said to run it by you first, I was a little disheartened. I wrote the note but did not send it because I realized that in 7 months I would not have any time for any kind of game and I knew it would put an end to any work for CF for at least a year. So I didn't send it. It would have been nice to return all the good times and I have tons of ideas and areas and whatever. I just know although that I would end up shafting CF. Thanks and good luck.

Intronan: You inducted me and I thank you for it. Your advise was indispensable. I loved the supply run we had set up when I was really young. And thanks for inducting me even though Goapa made up all these different stories to impress you. Heh.

More to come later.

Tibaloa (Guest) (Guest)Wed 23-Jan-02 12:43 PM

#4342, "RE: Battle Goodbyes, enemy goodbyes in another Note"
In response to Reply #2

As a mage it was my duty to hate all Villagers. But as a dawn it was my duty to see beyond such things. I can't quite remember all of our interactions that well, but you stuck with some morals. Which at the time very few other villagers did. Well done Goapa.

XanthraillesWed 23-Jan-02 01:09 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
391 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#4341, "It was Bidefahl."
In response to Reply #2

I knew you did it. I was convinced for about two minutes though because I had just killed Brotmin and actually went back and checked the log to make sure I hadn't looted a potion.
Once I checked the log I figured you had planted it. Anyway I was really torn on killing you or not, but the theft when we were raiding was the last straw, but since you weren't evil I made sure you got all your armor returned even that drum you needed.

Later.

Intronan (Guest) (Guest)Wed 23-Jan-02 02:02 PM

#4340, "Farewell"
In response to Reply #2

It took me quite a while to induct you, as I recall... because I learned to take everything you said with a grain of salt. However, you were persistent, so against my better judgement, I inducted you. And I'm truly glad I did, because you were very impressive. Dedicated, funny... wonderful to interact with and listen to. Good thing you didn't try and pursue me as a father figure... there's many reasons I would have reacted unfavorably, and yes, aloofness is one of them. All in all, great job by you.

Loborguz (Guest) (Guest)Wed 23-Jan-02 11:58 PM

#4339, "This really, really, really, really bites."
In response to Reply #2

CAKES!!!!

I very much worried this would happen. I had a feeling we were just about at a month since I'd last seen you online and I was just hoping you had managed to at least log on for a few minutes, from someone else's computer, and kept the char alive. I guess that hope was in vain.

It is mine, and cf's as a whole, loss.

I am going to keep this short for now, I want to say farewell when Loborguz dies, but I could not let your death go unremarked.

Everything you said in your post here I echo back, five fold. You were a real pleasure to interact with, even when you made me so angry I wanted to test gravity with my monitor. Rarely have I seen a character, like yours, who was able to maintain a real sense of personal development, internal problems consistent with the character and not the player, who was able to consitently play well, both in pk and in roleplay. Especially in rp.

I too laughed pretty hard that night we went drinking to ease your depression. But that's not my favorite memory. I think my favorite was a long discussion in the war room, which devolved into you needing serious emotional and professional support. I don't know why, but it really made me feel like it was the the assassin and the thief, not two game players.

Also, it would not be a farewell to your character if I didn't mention how much I enjoyed calling you Cakes, and better still having you adopt it yourself and rolling with changes in the world rather than try to stick with a hard and fast setting for your character.

There's more, but as I said, I want to keep some for when I myself die - which won't be too long from now by the way. I have a feeling I am going to age die very soon. But if not, I dont have much con left either, so whichever way, whichever way.

Be well Cakes. I will miss you.

-Loborguz

Vladamir (Guest) (Guest)Thu 24-Jan-02 12:33 AM

#4338, "RE: Battle Goodbyes, enemy goodbyes in another Note"
In response to Reply #2

His Big Brother #1: Grolgthus
Big angry fire giant that Goapa secretly idolized. You taught Goapa how to curse and from that point on Goapa cursed like you. His little way of idolizing you. You were awesome.

Thanks a lot, this means a ton to me coming from you. Some of my very best times in battle revolved around you and I together. It usually consisted of "Hey look, a group of Scions/Nexans/Sylvans! Die die die!" But there were also our many many MANY talks, our mutual dislike of Sev, and our many explorations in search of a way to heal the giant. You were one of Grolgs closest friends and I always had a lot of respect for you.

On a side note, now everyone can see that we live nowhere near each other and don't know each other OOC.

Feel free to write me at vlad469@bellsouth.net

Sehv (Guest) (Guest)Thu 24-Jan-02 02:40 PM

#4337, "Well..."
In response to Reply #2

The Despised: Sehvoor
I hated you from beginning to end as Goapa. First you took up the mantle of Generalship or whatever position you were appointed like it was your god given right. I don't know about anyone else but in the village, no matter what "label" was thrown on you, you had to earn your respect around there. You definitely didn't earn it with hardly any villagers that I know of. Every single one of them I talked to as Goapa hated you. I don't know if you were a newbie or not, but you definitely didn't play an assassin too well. Maybe in the past month with me gone you did must better. Good jobe getting the position, unfortunately Goapa didn't even think you deserved yak crap.

HA!

I wish I could reply to this now, but for various reasons, this must wait until Sehv is no more.

I will venture to say that I am fairly sure that you might be a bit mistaken in the cause/effect of your dislike for Sehv.

I really want to say more now, but can't until I am gone.

Jarel (Guest) (Guest)Fri 25-Jan-02 06:27 PM

#4335, "The forgotten one..."
In response to Reply #2

Oh well, on the offchance that you actually forgot me, I thought I'd drop some words. I really liked the character, and watched some of his psychie develop. Alot of people I believe didn't see the weight on your shoulders. I also enjoyed watching some of the tactics you used. The first time we truly fought side by side (And I asked if you wanted the kill or if I should take it)...you surprised the hell out of me. Healing an enemy..*grumble* I was thinking "WTF?" Then I started thinking harder, and BOOM, was it over or what?
Another reason that I really liked Goapa is that he literally kept me going. As an applicant for the better part of Loborguz's month off, Goapa was one of the few villagers that Jarel knew worth mentioning. Your words literally kept me pushing on, and I'm rather glad that I did.

I think that it sucks to age die because your computer got fragged, but you can only play the cards you're dealt.

Hat's off to the lil' whomper. So does anyone carry the tradition that I picked up from you, eh?

-Jarel

Loborguz (Guest) (Guest)Sat 26-Jan-02 01:05 AM

#4336, "RE: The forgotten one..."
In response to Reply #18

Two weeks, twice. Two weeks in august, then two weeks in october.

Rio (Guest) (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-02 02:41 AM

#4334, "Fare thee well"
In response to Reply #2

Goapa!

Remember the first time we talked to each other? You were an applicant, and you hoped I don't die before sending my recommendation... Now you can be sure sure I didn't

I really enjoyed your character. I mean REALLY. A shame I do not play more... In my opinion, the characters like yours keep the Spirit of the new, reformed Village.

I can understand your reasons to quit well. Perhaps too well. Good luck with your personal life!

Rio

Nerylana (Guest) (Guest)Wed 06-Feb-02 04:15 PM

#4333, "Well, since I'm back..."
In response to Reply #2

Well I am back... and playing a thief Ironically. Actualy it's partially your fault!

I loved Goapa! He was that comic/tough guy archtype, always ready to lay a joke or insult but even more ready to throw yourself at a snare or ambush to defend your cabalmates.

As for your mother figure... Thats what I was going for.. for all the village. But not the lovy dovy walk all over me mom.. the stern, your a*s knows whats right, and ya better do it kind of mom. Judging by the number of my kids who didnt care for me, it must have worked! *winks*

With everyone dead now, I guess I can say this.. the reason, we argued, you didn't get General (Loborguz was arguin' for ya, seemed me and Thror were against) is because you were going to con die soon. Who knew you would last as long as ya did? I think if we had.. it would have been both Lob and myself arguin' for ya to have a leadership job... but as it was we argued you should at least a pimp title. Which im pretty sure you did.

So Sehvoor got it. heh, and we know how ya'll felt about that. (Although... EVERYONE in leadership agreed.. he was the next best qualified)

Again well played.

Clemmy
fta

Ralgor (Guest) (Guest)Mon 18-Feb-02 03:59 PM

#4332, "RE: Battle Goodbyes, enemy goodbyes in another Note"
In response to Reply #2

I aint writing much but I just wanted to say, why did
you leave out the little bald svirf?...

IsildurWed 23-Jan-02 11:13 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4343, "Wrongest...thing...ever..."
In response to Reply #0

Consider the title read by the Comic Book Store Guy from the Simpsons.

You were fun. I never really forgave you for jumping me in the guild that time before we hero'd, but, I did try to stick to my "quid pro quo" policy regarding attacking ragers. Even when I had the mask. Sometimes I just stood around hoping to get attacked by you so I could reciprocate.

I'll post that craziness in arial city when I regain access to the account where my logs are stored. Should bring back some bad memories for you. I stand by what I said, though - the panther never did that again as long as I had it. Not sure why it went so berserk on you.

-Kaada

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4313 Previous topic | Next topic