Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Salvator the Dwarven Voice of the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #43045
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 20-Nov-05 10:16 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43045, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Salvator the Dwarven Voice of the Glade, Acolyte of the Golden Sun"

Fri Nov 18 17:38:03 2005

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Salvator perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:245

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Parting words, Sal (Guest), 19-Nov-05 04:57 PM, #7
Reply Let me just say, Corrlaan, 19-Nov-05 05:18 PM, #4
Reply RE: Parting words, Innis, 19-Nov-05 09:48 PM, #5
Reply Love you too big guy., Falun (Guest), 20-Nov-05 03:10 PM, #6
Reply Hootin, Sal (Guest), 20-Nov-05 10:56 PM, #8
Reply Hmm, Dolza (Guest), 21-Nov-05 01:14 AM, #9
Reply I am constantly amazed at how well you communicate here..., Pro-man (Guest), 21-Nov-05 08:35 PM, #11
Reply NOOOO!!!, Bliggy (Guest), 21-Nov-05 09:40 AM, #10
Reply A worthy foe..., Kruuank (Guest), 18-Nov-05 07:12 PM, #2
Reply Thanks!, Feichin (Guest), 18-Nov-05 06:42 PM, #1
     Reply Good Character, Volicitry (Guest), 18-Nov-05 10:00 PM, #3

Sal (Guest)Sun 20-Nov-05 10:16 PM

#43059, "Parting words"
In response to Reply #0

Salvator was a ball to play, almost achieving that brick wall status I'd hoped him to be. From the start I'd expected him to be the tank, although after I was encouraged to pk with him more by Innis I'd wished Sal had gone Maran rather than an Acolyte.
With this character I made most of my personal goals, having earned a couple of virtues, a tattoo, and my first acolyte status. I didn't achieve everything I'd hoped to achieve, but there's always next time.

Now for goodbyes.

FORTRESS
Alriac.
You can lay down the smack when needed, and you were great to have at my back
when we went raiding or pking. Sal didn't rp with you much, but you were a good egg.

Bligduum.
Helluva fun character with an upbeat spirit that made for a great companion whether traveling, raiding, or defending. Bliggy would have made a great follower of Innis.

Xilla
is like a rock, but her cryptic answers to questions made me want to thump her sometimes. I take you to be a knowledgeable player.

Breallye.
I loved your character, whether we were squabbling, roleplaying, or defending together. She's got a big heart that led us into conflict once or twice, but I had looked forward to lots of future interaction. I regret we won't have it in the lifetime of these characters.

Feichin.
You stud! Among my most favoritest of Forties, for you are definitely death from the skies. It was great seeing you make Maran, and as you become more experienced I think you'll be someone even the most stalwart of characters will fear.

EMPIRE
Athaturn
You are a beast. About the only time I stood a chance against you was if I got lucky and popped your jaw. With neuro, the staff you had and a single friend, the permalag you inflicted was such that there were times I felt in combat like I might as well go to the kitchen and get a beer, for it would be that long before I'd be able to get to type in GET ALL CORPSE.

IMMORTALs
Corrlaan.
A few brief interactions, all positive. I thought it was a great idea to bring some Peace & Mercy to the Fortress RP to provide counterpoint to the "slay evil" side of the Fort.

Dalteric.
You defended policy in a firm, cordial and respectful manner, earning my respect. Your people skills commend you.

Innis.
You are a fantastic immortal providing my character with moments of great roleplay. I wouldn't have minded more, but our times didn't always coincide and seemed to taper off even more as the hero followers of Innis started to dwindle. You shattered my notion of acolytes by goading Sal into an aggressive stance: "Remember, Salvator, I am not a god of peace." Those lines created much more roleplay than I'd ever have expected. Thank you, sincerely, for everything.

OUTLANDER
Arminas.
We had little contact, but what I saw was a nice blend of enigmatic elf and outlander goodie.

Tac.
Go get'em! To you and Arminas I wish the best of luck, for although Outlander is potentially the best cabal, I think it is the most challenging.

SCION
Chakru.
I didn't feel like you were very familiar with healers, but you were reasonably tough to pin down in a fight. If you were with a group, I knew I was going to have to prepare for pain.

Kruuank
was amont the most popular characters out there and for good reason: tenacious, positive, and gracious in victory and defeat. Players new and old alike could learn from you.

Razmorthin.
Demons + Elementals + Shawtabbies + Despoil + ABS = Damn tough opponent. The combination of all those damage-output henchmen, almost double the normal hitpoints for a conjurer, and any protective preps made you almost impossible for someone who couldn't dispel to fight you. I tried, but more times than not I had to choose between flight or death.

TRIBUNAL
Braeburn.
I wasn't sure what to make of your character, for Braeburn didn't fit my notion of what a paladin is all about. I waited what seemed like an eternity for you to make good on your promise to smack Falun down for attacking the Tar'Abal, and when you didn't it was apparent you were either too busy irl or Braeburn lacked any real power within the Spire, for I never took Braeburn for being a liar or for lacking cojones.

Volicitry.
What a fantastic character! We ranked together, fought together, fought against each other and roleplayed a few times. I think the Spire benefits greatly from your presence, and I see for you several avenues for good roleplay in your future.

VILLAGE
Dolza.
Yours was the most noticable Villagers, but primarily because of your character's trash-talking style that was picked up by the others in your cabal. I had the impression Dolza didn't hate magic as much as hungered for conflict.

OTHER
Falun.
I can't lump you with others from the Spire because you associated more with Scions and Imperials, but combining the shaman's potential for causing harm with Bloody Shackles made fighting you a pain in the ass to say the least. Against you I tried shield bashing, wrath-spamming, angel-wing with different weapon types, and circle of radiance, toe-to-toe and hit-and-run, but in the end it came down to Falun dispelling Sal's protections and then obliterating my character to smithereens with demonfire. I was a bit disappointed in your cabal for not giving you any real heat for your character's shenanigans (like when you watched your groupmate Kruuank drive Sal out of Voralian City for Falun's pk pleasure under the excuse of a game mechanic) but I had expected the letter of the law to be upheld even as the spirit of it was getting pissed upon by the Golden Boy of the Spire.
Yours is a great villain, and everything I'd hope for in an evil character in the Spire. Your use of the law to shield your character from hostiles is superb, and though Sal did everything in his power to make life difficult for Falun, including attempts to get him outed from the Spire, the player-behind Sal is glad that bastard was in there. I look forward to reading your PBF some day, and until then I wish luck to all your character's enemies in making Falun's life a living hell.
They are going to need all the help they can get. You are good.

For good or ill, I'll be back to the Fields, probably sooner rather than later. Until then:

"Guide others to their Glade, and may the Light illumine all you do."

CorrlaanSat 19-Nov-05 05:18 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43060, "Let me just say"
In response to Reply #7

Character well played. And for the record. Acolytes don't all have to be huggy luvvy peacekins. Mercy can be very cold, and very harsh.

I'll just let that sink in a bit and watch the flood of mercy killers get rolled up in the next few days.

Corrlaan

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

InnisSat 19-Nov-05 09:48 PM
Member since 20th Feb 2005
106 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43062, "RE: Parting words"
In response to Reply #7

It was enjoyable interacting with you. You accomplished things in my religion, that are often thought impossible. As you mentioned, those who follow the Glade are not all cute and fuzzy, which is often a confusing point for many. I hope you had a good run with Sal.

Good luck.

innis@carrionfields.com

Falun (Guest)Sun 20-Nov-05 03:10 PM

#43070, "Love you too big guy."
In response to Reply #7

You gotta stop hooting and hollering in Galadon though..ruining my image

You had a good char and a good run.

-Falun

oh yeah..ps.

>For good or ill, I'll be back to the Fields, probably sooner
>rather than later. Until then:
>
> "Guide others to their Glade, and may the Light illumine all
>you do."

I put the light out, now it's time to come play on my team!

Sal (Guest)Sun 20-Nov-05 10:56 PM

#43074, "Hootin"
In response to Reply #6

>You gotta stop hooting and hollering in Galadon
>though..ruining my image
>
Hey, I meant to ask you: was it you who put that necromancer up to putting Sal to sleep in Galadon after one of his drunken impressions of a lovesick bard? That had me in stitches at the time.

I'll think about a character concept. Hopefully by Christmas I'll be back in the thick of things.

Merry Holidays.

Dolza (Guest)Mon 21-Nov-05 01:14 AM

#43077, "Hmm"
In response to Reply #7

Trash talking? That's news to me. I never spoke so much as one word to you in my life as far as I can remember. Unless you also played Hrugald, he's about the only fort person I really talked to for any length of time and that came about from his dwarven roleplay which was fun to banter with.

Pro-man (Guest)Mon 21-Nov-05 08:35 PM

#43090, "I am constantly amazed at how well you communicate here..."
In response to Reply #9

In game.

Here you seem mature and thoughtfull. In game I assumed you were a kid playing for kicks.

I always have enjoyed interacting with you, but it goes to show how you can't judge IC vs OOC all the time.

Bliggy (Guest)Mon 21-Nov-05 09:40 AM

#43081, "NOOOO!!!"
In response to Reply #7

You all leaving me =(

You were fun to play with, I'm afraid that your ability to sanctuary others made you too useful at times. I wish you would have stayed longer. At least you could have seen my shiny new last nam... uh... maybe not =P

You thought up some really odd curses. Wish I had interacted with you more recently, but my laptop keyboard broke so I've been having some really odd playing times (during my lunch break or when I can borrow my roommate's computer).

Ah well. You were a great companion with Sal, good luck with your next.

Kruuank (Guest)Fri 18-Nov-05 07:12 PM

#43047, "A worthy foe..."
In response to Reply #0

Had some fun fighting against you for these last couple weeks. You were solid, and roleplayed(from what I saw) quite well. That time I got you outside of Voralian was very...interesting, to say the least. Good luck on your next.

Feichin (Guest)Fri 18-Nov-05 06:42 PM

#43046, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for the you know what all eh?
I guess maybe more after I'm dead.
Best of luck with the next.

Volicitry (Guest)Fri 18-Nov-05 10:00 PM

#43048, "Good Character"
In response to Reply #1

You were an interesting dwarf, reminded me of another I knew. Thanks for all the intresting interactions. Had a few fights with you. We were pretty even on wins losses. Thanks for teaching me a little about the Glade as well. Lots of RP with you! I learned a lot with your help.

Volicitry

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #43045 Previous topic | Next topic