Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Asyka the Champion of Warfare" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42986
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 14-Nov-05 06:56 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42986, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Asyka the Champion of Warfare"

Mon Nov 14 06:00:06 2005

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Asyka perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:125

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Asyka the Champion of Warfare, Seddis (Guest), 14-Nov-05 10:33 PM, #8
Reply Ahh, that explains it., Dolza (Guest), 14-Nov-05 11:54 PM, #9
Reply That depends on the view, Asyka (Guest), 15-Nov-05 02:16 AM, #14
Reply Got enough of this, Asyka (Guest), 14-Nov-05 08:22 AM, #1
     Reply Well played., Icthaen (Guest), 14-Nov-05 09:19 AM, #2
     Reply dangit!, Bliggy (Guest), 14-Nov-05 11:27 AM, #3
     Reply That wont be very fun, believe me. Here it how it looke..., Asyka (Guest), 15-Nov-05 02:09 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Got enough of this, Alriac (Guest), 14-Nov-05 11:55 AM, #4
     Reply Aye, Asyka (Guest), 15-Nov-05 02:14 AM, #13
     Reply Oh well, Iasolar (Guest), 14-Nov-05 03:09 PM, #5
     Reply Thanks, Congratulations and good luck as Commander(nt), Asyka (Guest), 15-Nov-05 08:52 AM, #15
     Reply Language of million exeptions, DurNominator, 14-Nov-05 06:52 PM, #6
     Reply Thanks for a lesson. That's often not about the knowled..., Asyka (Guest), 15-Nov-05 02:11 AM, #12
     Reply Sorry you feel that way., Dolza (Guest), 14-Nov-05 10:01 PM, #7
          Reply I guess that's just about me(stxt), Asyka (Guest), 15-Nov-05 02:03 AM, #10

Seddis (Guest)Mon 14-Nov-05 10:33 PM

#43001, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Asyka the Champion of Warfare"
In response to Reply #0

Hey there,

I saw you around all of .. once maybe, but when I did, you, I, and Dolza running around I thought was pretty fun. It's hard to go after the 'shinier' things when like Dolza said, your on your own an dying time to time, but in the end I think we had some good fun that night gathering and fighting those tough mobs.

Thanks and all

Dolza (Guest)Mon 14-Nov-05 11:54 PM

#43004, "Ahh, that explains it."
In response to Reply #8

I forgot who I went with to gather my gear after a dragon destroyed all my stuff. I guess it was you and Asyka. I see why Asyka has that impression of me now. It was just odd timing that the only time I really saw Asyka was when I was gathering all my burned clothes up again, heh. Oh well.

Asyka (Guest)Tue 15-Nov-05 02:16 AM

#43011, "That depends on the view"
In response to Reply #8

As I told in responce to Dolza, I am not about "no fun in the exploring and gathering things". I just consider it unworthy occupation for the villager. Especially for three of them And especially for a Commander. But that's just my imho.

Asyka (Guest)Mon 14-Nov-05 08:22 AM

#42988, "Got enough of this"
In response to Reply #0

Was a great fun in the beginning and got pretty boring in the end.
Was my first villager and loved I loved the cabal a lot. Learned a lot of new things, but found I lack a lot of knowledge to survive without magic. Will be gathering it with another chars to return later.
Was thinking to be the only one using polearms, but found two thirds of current warriors using it. That was disappointing..
Idea of duergar battle warrior was great and served exactly as I planned it - I was hated by everyone - fortress, outlander, scions, empire, neutral mages and tribunal when wanted (almost every time).
In the deep night hours I play that's was precious )) Still I think I slain total about five mages.. They either slain me or evaded me.. No third scenario.

Goodbyes.

Ordasen: Thanks for Induction.. I was cursing each time I slain next non-mage enemy, while was gathering that three mages head you asked me. But there were no damn mages at that time!! Or all of them teleporting once seeing me. At the end I slain one poor newbie invoker, just to get third one as it was already fourth or fifth day.

Ulothroe:
Uh, first to say I played Caek at the time you was playing Vinourak and on the contrary I was killing you as we were both young, but you gave me a beating once you became a hero.. Asyka against Ulothroe worked totally different. I managed you easily on the midranks and I hadnt a chance against you on hero.. I think that was due to the virtues and your greater prep and eq knowledge.. Everyone could notice that Caek as well as Asyka used just the basic equipment, gathering everything else from pits or from corpses of enemies.
I loved our battles a lot and I respected you both IC and OOC. Was even more excited to know you was Icthaen as I loved your style, seeing you with my other past chars. Overall respect!

Dolza:
Excuse me, but you were a ####ty commander and your love for the shiny eq and weapons should be more carefully concealed. Just my IMHO at least.

Bligduum, Alriac, Lothari and all other Fortress warriors - thanks for the battles..

Good bye to everyone I forgot. Post and I will reply.

Asyka gone, but I am still in the realms

Asyka aka Caek aka Asfas

Icthaen (Guest)Mon 14-Nov-05 09:19 AM

#42989, "Well played."
In response to Reply #1

During the times you were on, a duergar villager was probably the worst combo you could've chosen, or best depending how you look at it. I sympathised for you, but then again you did get me a few times at low levels. We had some great fights at around lvl 40 back and forth, with you usually coming out on top even though I'd prep my behind off .

It's funny to know you played Caek, it seems with all our characters we beat each other up a bit on both ends. I'm sure we'll be back fighting each other soon enough, good luck with your next.

Icthaen

Bliggy (Guest)Mon 14-Nov-05 11:27 AM

#42991, "dangit!"
In response to Reply #1

I was looking forward to fighting you with Maran Lightforge vuln exploiting weapons, but you and Surthurr up and deleted on me.

Ragers and their freaking deathblows! Those two >>>ANNIH in one round spun me for a loop there - 900 hp gone in so many seconds...

Bah. Good luck with your next, and let my characters play with you a bit more next time. Pfft.

Asyka (Guest)Tue 15-Nov-05 02:09 AM

#43008, "That wont be very fun, believe me. Here it how it looke..."
In response to Reply #3

Keep in mind - that's through resistance!

368/913 267/399 695/731 10490tnl 4 PM PANIC! You couldn't escape!
Ulothrye brings a holy sword named 'Defiance' up and across at you!
Ulothrye's strike of faith *** DEMOLISHES *** you!
Completing his upper slash, Ulothrye steps forward and brings a holy sword named 'Defiance' down in an opposite arc towards you!
Ulothrye's strike of purity *** DEVASTATES *** you!
You sure are BLEEDING!
Completing his maneuver, Ulothrye brings a holy sword named 'Defiance' across for a powerful strike!
Ulothrye's strike of deliverance *** DEMOLISHES *** you!
You are mortally wounded, and will die soon, if not aided.

-7/913 267/399 695/731 10490tnl 4 PM
Ulothrye's divine power *** DEMOLISHES *** you!
You have been KILLED!!

or..

292/913 399/399 0/731 7906tnl 3 PM
Ulothrye brings a holy sword named 'Defiance' up and across at you!
Ulothrye's strike of faith MANGLES you!
You sure are BLEEDING!
Completing his upper slash, Ulothrye steps forward and brings a holy sword named 'Defiance' down in an opposite arc towards you!
Ulothrye's strike of purity *** DEMOLISHES *** you!
You sure are BLEEDING!
You are too exhausted.
PANIC! You couldn't escape!
Completing his maneuver, Ulothrye drives a holy sword named 'Defiance' into your chest!
You gasp as Ulothrye drives a holy sword named 'Defiance' into your body.
Ulothrye's strike of deliverance MANGLES you!
You are mortally wounded, and will die soon, if not aided.

-10/913 399/399 0/731 7906tnl 3 PM
Ulothrye's divine power MANGLES you!
You have been KILLED!!

What about deathblows - they are pretty lazy and capricious thing. They are winning some battles very easily and leave you totally when it really could change the tide.. Overall battling as duergar against maran is fairly challenging. Especially when you havent got any way to prep yourself.

Alriac (Guest)Mon 14-Nov-05 11:55 AM

#42992, "RE: Got enough of this"
In response to Reply #1

Bummer man, bummer. Good job, I know first hand how duergar ragers are *wink* take it easy man

Asyka (Guest)Tue 15-Nov-05 02:14 AM

#43010, "Aye"
In response to Reply #4

Still I guess I will return to the battle one day and I am sure it will be duergar again. I love the challenge even when it eats you. And as I said - when there are total of 15-20 people in realm with about 5 in your PK, you'd better hope they are enemies or you will just die of boredom.
Well done with becoming the captain. Polearm/avalanche is a nasty combo.. especially with that flame from polearm.. uhh... each time I was just fated to die.. Keep trucking.

Iasolar (Guest)Mon 14-Nov-05 03:09 PM

#42997, "Oh well"
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed fighting beside you but as you said your times were usually different from mine. All around you did have a difficult combo but did well with it I think. Good luck on your next and come back to the Village.

Asyka (Guest)Tue 15-Nov-05 08:52 AM

#43012, "Thanks, Congratulations and good luck as Commander(nt)"
In response to Reply #5

nt

DurNominatorMon 14-Nov-05 06:52 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42999, "Language of million exeptions"
In response to Reply #1

Just pointing out grammatic error to improve your English. Read this if you are not feeling too tired and can concentrate better.

Still I think I slain total about five mages.. They either slain me or evaded me..

slay(present), slew(past), slain(past as in have slain, had slain, has slain)

I'd put it:

Still, I think I slew about five mages total. They either slew or evaded me.

Kill, killed, killed is easier to remember if you don't remember how to bend slay and it is just as good a word to use as slay is.

I can't remember if I fought Asuka(the name Asyka breaks Finnish vowel harmony, so I naturally typed it this way without thinking) with any chars, maybe, maybe not.

Asyka (Guest)Tue 15-Nov-05 02:11 AM

#43009, "Thanks for a lesson. That's often not about the knowled..."
In response to Reply #6

I knew it all I mean

Dolza (Guest)Mon 14-Nov-05 10:01 PM

#43000, "Sorry you feel that way."
In response to Reply #1

I wish I could give an account of you in the sixty seconds I have seen you in the past two months, but I can't. I'm usually too busy dying to really worry about shinies though. It's kinda tough when 90% of the villagers I have inducted can't make it to hero. Fighting alone can be trying at times. Luck on the next.

Asyka (Guest)Tue 15-Nov-05 02:03 AM

#43007, "I guess that's just about me(stxt)"
In response to Reply #7

That's not right perhaps, but I've got very strict understanding on the roleplay of the villagers. Berserkers as they are , should be fighting, fighting and fighting. Preparation, gathering weapons - understandable. But amount of time spent doing it should be very very small, compared with the total amount of time spent fighting. That was the way I played Caek, it was the way I played Asyka. It made me have a lot of losses as I was often going into the battle with throwing or notched axes, but that couldnt make me retreat and go gather clothes while seeing enemies walking by. Everyone has personal view on this aspect so do not take it very seriously. Anyway, well done with becoming Commander.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42986 Previous topic | Next topic