Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Orpiato the Master Historian" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42941
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 12-Nov-05 12:16 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42941, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Orpiato the Master Historian"

Fri Nov 11 23:20:04 2005

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Orpiato perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:bard
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:103

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well that is that., SPN, 12-Nov-05 12:37 AM, #1
     Reply Ahh., Volicitry (Guest), 12-Nov-05 12:38 AM, #2
     Reply Man....these bums me out., Kruuank (Guest), 12-Nov-05 04:46 AM, #3
     Reply Shoot!, Ilimya (Guest), 13-Nov-05 05:20 AM, #4
     Reply What?!, Arminas (Guest), 13-Nov-05 06:25 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Well that is that., Phax (Guest), 14-Nov-05 12:04 AM, #6
     Reply You're a sunofabitch, Tac (Guest), 14-Nov-05 01:35 PM, #7

SPNSat 12-Nov-05 12:33 AM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#42942, "Well that is that."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 12-Nov-05 12:37 AM

So yeah, as with most people, when it becomes a chore to log on, it is time to do away with the character. Around lvl 30 I realized I had bitten off a lot bigger chunk than I could chew. The last character I had even near the hero ranges was back on '01 and I could tell in my pk'ing skills(or lack there of). Hell I wasn't even grand at pk'ing back then.

And not being that much of a pk machine, as an evil outlander has its drawbacks mostly that most people are expecting you to be one.

Well good byes then...

Imms: Who ever did my induction, that was bad ass. The best induction I have ever had.

Outlanders: Gonna lump this into groups.
Goodies: Well I had fun trying to push you all to question what you thought. Those that helped me in raiding/retrieving thanks.

Arminas, I wondered how long it would take you to catch on that I was evil, because you would continue to give me anti-evil things that I would quickly barter away in the refuge.

Phax, ah, probably my biggest enemy. It started when you attacked me and my group on the battlefields, after you knew I was in outlander.. and it all went to hell from there. The main reason I disliked you was because Orpiato was jealous, and wanted to win a god's attention, like so many others of the Outlanders had. And thus it all exploded from there. Note to Imms: I really think you should make a toggle for bards that allow cabal mates to hear offensive songs!!!

Neutrals: Trajka was the only I can remember, and he was gone before I really could get up into his range.

Evils: Tac, good luck with the whole Nightbringer thing. Give 'em hell!

Tribunals: yeah, the raid, counter raid got really boring after awhile, especailly fighting heros as a non-hero. Oh well.
Volicitry, my one kill I know of, it was good that you were one of the few that I could fight both in and out of the cities. We had some good fights.

Everyone else...
Kruuank, my ranking boy, have a great time. It seemed like you were on the right track. Good luck.

If I did not mention you and want me to say something just post and I might respond.

Sosran, Lloradonis, Golgic, and many other non-heros.

Volicitry (Guest)Sat 12-Nov-05 12:38 AM

#42943, "Ahh."
In response to Reply #1

I remmeber one fight in particular, It was at the tree and you sung this song that didnt make me relize how much harder you were hitting me! I almost fell off my chair when I died, I was like Ohh crap, I didnt know they could do that! LOL good character, tough fark! Good luck with the next. Ohh yea, be safe you treehugger!
Volicitry

Kruuank (Guest)Sat 12-Nov-05 04:46 AM

#42944, "Man....these bums me out."
In response to Reply #1

I was in a real ranking rut when you first ranked with me, and I want to thank you for that. Ranking up with all the enemies we had was never easy, but because of you, I only lost about 10 con doing it. You were extremely competant, regardless of what you might think, and very well roleplayed. That time in the Battlefields where you and I fought Phax and she got me with the beast call was a one of my first PKs on CF, and I never got to thank you for that. Hope you roll another when you get the itch, and good luck with everything.

PS I also never figured out that area that you showed me, though, granted, I only went back to it once. But thank you for the effort

Ilimya (Guest)Sun 13-Nov-05 05:20 AM

#42967, "Shoot!"
In response to Reply #1

I have looked forward to talking/grouping with you for a long time, alas it was not to be. We grouped once when you were in your teens and talked at another time pre-outlander. You sounded very cool. Despite not having heard your arguments, your bantering with the other outlanders sounds interesting. Also bard + warrior is a very potent combination, the ranks would have been calling our names

>And not being that much of a pk machine, as an evil outlander
>has its drawbacks mostly that most people are expecting you to
>be one.
I don't know if it is expected of you, but you have very few allies indeed. My prospects of ever getting to hero seem rather slim.

Have fun with your next.

Arminas (Guest)Sun 13-Nov-05 06:25 PM

#42978, "What?!"
In response to Reply #1

>Arminas, I wondered how long it would take you to catch on that I was evil, because you would continue to give me anti-evil things that I would quickly barter away in the refuge.

You were evil?!?!

I have a very soft spot for bards, even if they are reavers. I also saw you fight your heart out and lose against really bad odds. If I gave you something it was because I had it floating about and I thought it might help you. Wether you could use it or not.. we'll chalk that up to short attention span. Well done, Harper. Sorry to see you go.

Arminas

Phax (Guest)Mon 14-Nov-05 12:04 AM

#42983, "RE: Well that is that."
In response to Reply #1

Oh goodness! Our fights would have been so much more fun if I could have heard your songs. I would have fought you all the time. As it was, I felt really bad that I can maledict you something horrible but you could only roundhouse in return. So, you were the only evil one I made a truce with.

Sidenote, the first time I attacked you was an honest mistake. I was thinking of a duergar with a name similar to yours and for some reason, my ditziness mistook you for him. Player, not really character, fault. But it started the grand idea of being a Maranish Outlander for me.

Orpiato was really well played. You could do some nasty things to our foes from what I saw the few times we stood next to each other. Outlander could have definitely used a great evil bard. Good luck with your next!

Tac (Guest)Mon 14-Nov-05 01:35 PM

#42995, "You're a sunofabitch"
In response to Reply #1

Seriously...

I've been expecting this, but was really hoping that it wasn't going to happen since bards are uber useful, and quite frankly, we need all the help we can get.... certainly having a bard around was nice, but I understand the logging on becoming a chore. It has happened to me more times than I'd like to count.

I liked Orpiato and was hoping we could wreck some shop together, but... such is life... perhaps in another incarnation.

Tac

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42941 Previous topic | Next topic