Subject: "We all float down here." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42765
Show all folders

Harkan (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 03:02 PM

#42765, "We all float down here."

Well crazy stuff going on here. Just found out my girlfriend is pregnant. Looks like my body still functions. I hate deleting this char, as I was having a lot of fun playing him. Time for me to get serious with work and all that since Im gonna have a kid. I’ve been putting in at least six hours a day in this guy and I cant afford to do that now. #### might even have to get married or else have my mother in law tearing me a new one.

I started this character off wanting to be something diferent than a mindless pk drone. I decided to become a sadistic drowner, with a morbid desire to seduce people with the power of his voice. To date, I had found 24 people to ingest seaweed and drown for me. I offered people equipment, gold, friendship...whatever they were missing in their lives. It was a good amount of RP and I had fun interacting with each ‘victim’. Now what to do with all these weak willed peoples collected life essences? Well, I found a worthy abomination in the deep seas, and began to feed the collection to it. I loved speaking and roleplaying with the marans and those that were totally repulsed by what I was doing.

In return for all my hard work, I awakened a creature in the seas. A mythical devil shark, and through his disgusting sahuagin priestess I was granted new power. The ability to shapeshift into the black Kraken. The form was amazing, however it was so slow on the surface of water, that I seldom was able to use it to hunt with. Unable to swimto and murder, made it a poor option for chasing down those that dared cross the water. If anyone stuck around, which happened rarely, they got to meet the Kraken, and did not last long. Picture a giant squid with massive damage reduction, that was the black kraken. Thanks Valg. I think it was you. The role play of that event and echoes were pretty cool.

Later in life I was approached by Muuloc to join Scions. I began work in the depths to find a source of rift magic and the Sea of Shadows. Couple days later, I find out my sperm is actually mobile, despite playing this game so much. I think Scion would have been a lot of fun and I wish I could stay and get going with that approach. I had goals to IMM this char.

As far as my forms are concerned. I learnt along time ago, the only way to play a water major is to go minor air. I got the damn dolphin again, after Lycandraev, and didnt want to come across as another clone of him. Prep and kill, was about it. I tried not to just strike anything that moved though and let a lot of PKS simply walk away for role reasons.

My goodbyes: Soo many damn people. Ill keep it short but will respond to anyone.

Fortress:

Feichin: I’ve been playing too many shapeshifters to fall to someone new to the game. You had heart and I enjoyed trying to get you to apprentice to me. Hang in there.
Alriac: Tough lil bastard. Well roleplayed. A good friend of mine. Heh
Kalus/Kraven: Only saw you out and about a few times. Get out of that damn fortress!!!
Ulothrye: Favorite pally to chat with. Good fights, well roleplayed. Awesome actually.
Roavia: Silent little bitch. Missed talking to you. Tough when prepped.
Meagara: Enjoyed trying to seduce you. No chance for me, but I tried!
Loiteous: Another tough lil bugger. Got you on water else I had little hope on land.
Lothari: Tough, smart, and well roleplayed. Except when you ignore me!!
Faltarn: Prep Whore! Fun times following you around. I was so close to ambushing you once.
Seltun: Sorry but I had to punish you a bit. Damn sissy elf. Hope you got my goat line. I always know who you are playing. Hehe nice job frreak.
Kerbaugh: Cant recall much of you. Didnt get to speak to you...I was so busy at the time.
Hrugald: Awesome farking dwarf. Though I didnt like you withering me. I think age killing me would have really sucked. Bastard!!
Bligdum: Another rock solid little dwarf. Couldnt get you to the darkside either.
Salvatar: Damn innis and his dwarf followers. Had to use others to pick you down. Damn paladins.
Xilla: So you thought you were a bad mofo. One fortresite I didnt like. When your marans killed good aligned guildguards to get at me, and I tried to get you to respond, you just ignored me. Acolytes arent supposed to like lightwalkers getting killed. You were the only person I enjoyed killing.
Coramix: Well done Acolyte. Enjoyed our talks and hell you even refused gifts!!
Yalgina: Never really got to fight you, too many damn fortresites about when you are around. I didnt even want to risk trying to seduce you!
Levan: My best bud in the fortress. Had to kill you a few times, as you were determined to be a maran. I wanted you as my apprentice and liked our talks.
Ladia: Another acolye who seems to lack any semblance of free will. I really tried roleplaying with you but didnt work out.

Im missing some, so sorry.

Tribunals:

Falun: Enjoyed hunting with you. Got me out of the water a bit. I was offered some gold to trick and kill you. Hell, if you only have one friend who you can count on, why the hell would I kill him!
Kaazra: I was so pissed off that you age died. I blame Ahtathorn and that fire giant for adding a few hours to the process still.
Ixullathan: Enjoyed our talks and some hunts we had.
Neamon: Another skilled Trib.
Whelan: Thanks for your essence.
Braeburn: Looks like a boring life you lead from my perspective.
Jaraffazar: I wanted to kill you, but I only had one chance when I even saw you cross water. I didnt have time to prep and got beat up pretty good. Log on a bit.

Scion:

Muuloc: Awesome interactions with you. I get intimidated with gods just pop by. Unsure what to do or say when caught off guard.
Eshval: Another cool voice from time to time. I think I will miss Scion now that I think about it more. Lotta cool imms there for sure.
Rzmathin: Prolly got your name messed up. Nice char, good luck with the chasm.
Chakru: No time to meet you other than ranking a bit.
Gondrak: I hate minotaurs. I wanted to pull out your tongue. You were cool though.
Trulinta: Whered you go? We coulda made beautiful kills together.

Outlanders:

Aryze: My favorite apprentice. Life sucked when you hung yourself. I declared war on Outlandrs after that.
Innis: Damn you and your hoard of followers. I want to role up a Innis follower one day just to see what the hell you are doing to make everyone like you so much. Well done.
Arminas: Well done old healer.
Praminthal: Big mouth for a corpse.
Orpiato: Nothing personal, just killing Outlanders
Atchertene: Nice speaches. Well roleplayed. Just not a fair matchup. Nice job.
Phaxadea: You just had to be a Innis followers. Too nice for a shaman!

Empire:

Ahtathurn: Skilled tranny. When you killed Kaazra I was planning on con killing you. Things changed. Nice hunting with you.
Yagharek: Damn bastard. Taking that last essence. I cant believe I tolerated your underlings for so long trying to keep you on my good side!
Dulmisa: No interactions but you kept people moving which helped my hunts.
Serduk: You deserve a medal for being one of a few that stick it out agaisnt the hoards.
Cuuqua: See Serduk. Nice job. Damn minotaur speach.
Kadrinstrat: Looks like you have potential too. Prep more you little punk. Aura staves are everwher.

Battle:

Varthas: One cool elf. Enjoyed our duels. Hope you had fun.
Iasolar: Bad mouthed little bastard. I liked tricking you and having bait lead you onto water. Svirf blunt vuln is not nice.
Dolza: Tough and smart leader. Liked your plans and stuff. Why didnt you just declare war on fortress you ####!! Unprepped a mage has no chance agaisnt you.
Rtisork: Tough bastard too.
Keviatalon: Lagging drives are tough. Skilled as hell.
Bruckledim: Tried to get a rise out of you. Tough lil bastard. Im evil, of course im going to pick you off if I see you fleeing near dead from a fight. Nothing personal. And NOOOO I did not ever full loot you or anyone. I don’t even stop to look at the corpses 99% of the time.
Koai: Long lasting and dedicated to village. Well done.
Seddis: Didnt like you. Killed you because of your smugness. Dolphin and Eagle were not kind to you.

Uncabal:

Tindiso, Kruuank, others...was fun. Hang in there. As an uncabaled you gotta make your own fun. Find something that interests you and go with it.

Immortals:

Thanks for putting up with all my prays and drowning stuff. Thanks for the quest form. And the interactions. It was fun.

Bye

Lightmage

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: We all float down here., Arminas (Guest), 09-Nov-05 02:02 PM, #37
Reply Well Played!, Kastellyn, 09-Nov-05 11:44 AM, #36
Reply ATTENTION IMMS: Any chance of getting my PBF stuff add..., Harkan (Guest), 07-Nov-05 09:22 PM, #31
Reply Dude, GO AWAY!, Aiekooso, 07-Nov-05 09:26 PM, #32
Reply Xanth, still gonna read my PBF and goodbyes..., Harkan (Guest), 07-Nov-05 09:33 PM, #33
     Reply RE: Xanth, still gonna read my PBF and goodbyes..., Aiekooso, 07-Nov-05 09:39 PM, #34
Reply RE: ATTENTION IMMS: Any chance of getting my PBF stuff..., Valguarnera, 08-Nov-05 12:15 AM, #35
Reply RE: We all float down here., Aarn, 07-Nov-05 11:26 AM, #27
Reply I really dont get it, Xaannix, 06-Nov-05 03:10 PM, #25
Reply hehe, Haravanzoth (Guest), 06-Nov-05 12:57 PM, #23
Reply ####e..., Harkan (Guest), 06-Nov-05 08:00 PM, #26
     Reply That interaction., Muuloc, 07-Nov-05 02:15 PM, #28
          Reply When I come back you have yourself a follower., Harkan (Guest), 07-Nov-05 03:05 PM, #29
               Reply Actually I have dibs on first follower. Sry -nt, Granaak_work (Guest), 07-Nov-05 03:10 PM, #30
Reply Thanks, Faltarn (Guest), 06-Nov-05 12:54 PM, #22
Reply RE: We all float down here., Varthas (Guest), 06-Nov-05 01:27 AM, #21
Reply RE: We all float down here., Bliggy (Guest), 05-Nov-05 11:32 PM, #20
Reply When you asked me., Sarmas (Guest), 05-Nov-05 10:56 PM, #18
Reply Heh, Harkan (Guest), 05-Nov-05 11:11 PM, #19
     Reply RE: Heh, Sarmas (Guest), 06-Nov-05 02:36 PM, #24
Reply I hate clowns, Phax (Guest), 05-Nov-05 07:46 PM, #15
Reply RE: We all float down here., Eshval, 05-Nov-05 06:35 PM, #14
Reply RE: We all float down here., Waldali (Guest), 05-Nov-05 05:36 PM, #8
Reply Damn sneak, Harkan (Guest), 05-Nov-05 05:59 PM, #13
Reply You virile #### you!, Kruuank (Guest), 05-Nov-05 05:29 PM, #7
Reply It was hard at times., Harkan (Guest), 05-Nov-05 05:40 PM, #9
Reply Damn., Feichin (Guest), 05-Nov-05 05:00 PM, #6
Reply I wanted an elf apprentice more than anything., Harkan (Guest), 05-Nov-05 05:46 PM, #10
Reply RE: We all float down here., Salvator (Guest), 05-Nov-05 04:52 PM, #5
Reply Holy dwarves!, Harkan (Guest), 05-Nov-05 05:49 PM, #11
Reply I will miss you OOC., Hrugald (Guest), 05-Nov-05 03:36 PM, #4
Reply The traps, Harkan (Guest), 05-Nov-05 05:54 PM, #12
Reply People want me dead!?, Falun (Guest), 05-Nov-05 03:20 PM, #3
Reply Aryze my apprentice., Harkan (Guest), 05-Nov-05 03:06 PM, #2
Reply Of all the million logs I have had...you had to choose, Aryze (Guest), 05-Nov-05 08:20 PM, #16
     Reply Well made me smile. N/t, Harkan (Guest), 05-Nov-05 08:28 PM, #17
Reply If someone can get my PBF ill repay the favor. n/t, Harkan (Guest), 05-Nov-05 03:04 PM, #1

Arminas (Guest)Wed 09-Nov-05 02:02 PM

#42890, "RE: We all float down here."
In response to Reply #0

Right back at you. I, like I stated with Meagara, always wanted to get to know more about Harkan, and believe me I asked about, but you were so secretive in your dealings Arminas felt it better to stay as far away from you as possible. I was surprised as many times as I saw you in the water I wasn't attacked, but I am fairly certain that you attempted the opportunist attack on me at least once. Could be wrong, but my guess was you. Great talks, I only wish there had been more of them. I gathered quickly on my own how truly twisted and foul this one's spirit was, but the immortal comments not only confirmed it, but just make Harkan even more creepy to me. Harkan was, IMHO, what scion is all about.

Arminas

KastellynWed 09-Nov-05 11:44 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42888, "Well Played!"
In response to Reply #0

I echo the sentiments of pretty much everyone. Great character concept and execution. I interacted with you both as an Imm and as a mortal, and was thoroughly impressed. You were one silky-tongued evil SOB, and I'm glad the character worked out for you. Your RP definitely raised the bar of those around you, and you did an excellent job mixing it with the PK aspect of your role. Not a mindless killer - you were a killer with specific targets in mind. And that's just cool.

Good luck with the upcoming family! Kids don't mean you can't play CF anymore...just that you play CF at 3 in the morning with the kid in one arm.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Harkan (Guest)Mon 07-Nov-05 09:22 PM

#42860, "ATTENTION IMMS: Any chance of getting my PBF stuff add..."
In response to Reply #0

Role stuff missing and my Imm comments chopped. Thanks

AiekoosoMon 07-Nov-05 09:26 PM
Member since 18th Dec 2003
305 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42861, "Dude, GO AWAY!"
In response to Reply #31

You have a loving family now. Don't continue to poison yourself with cf! You'll turn out like me and it is a fate worse than death.

Harkan (Guest)Mon 07-Nov-05 09:33 PM

#42862, "Xanth, still gonna read my PBF and goodbyes..."
In response to Reply #32

Withdrawals are tough but I have stronger willpower than you.

AiekoosoMon 07-Nov-05 09:39 PM
Member since 18th Dec 2003
305 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42863, "RE: Xanth, still gonna read my PBF and goodbyes..."
In response to Reply #33

I never interacted with this guy. He was during my timeout. If you get a chance post some more logs of him.

ValguarneraTue 08-Nov-05 12:15 AM
6904 posts
#42865, "RE: ATTENTION IMMS: Any chance of getting my PBF stuff..."
In response to Reply #31

Role stuff missing and my Imm comments chopped. Thanks.

Got the imm comments thing, although only about half a sentence got chopped.

The role... we have it, but for some reason it didn't get output normally. If you don't have a copy, let me know and i'll try to piece it together from your archived file.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

AarnMon 07-Nov-05 11:26 AM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42846, "RE: We all float down here."
In response to Reply #0

GREAT character. I mean, this guy was twisted evil in a way not often seen on CF. I can't say much else besides that. Everyone had fun when Harkan was around... as long as they weren't trying to walk across the oceans.

Good luck with the kid thing, and hopefully we'll see you when you have time again!

Aarn

XaannixSun 06-Nov-05 03:10 PM
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#42823, "I really dont get it"
In response to Reply #0

how any character in their right mind would suicide for you. Amazing you got so many to do it.

Haravanzoth (Guest)Sun 06-Nov-05 12:57 PM

#42817, "hehe"
In response to Reply #0

Well we had a little argument there but I could sense that you were a 'thinker'. I must say I laughed out loud now as I read about the seaweed incidents. A pity we could not interact more.

I guess we'll be seeing you back here in a year or two. Best of luck to you!

Harkan (Guest)Sun 06-Nov-05 08:00 PM

#42830, "####e..."
In response to Reply #23

forgot about you. Just wish I had more time man. You were a cool little bastard as well. I thought to myself, I can either be an ass with this guy or just go about my business and try to be a TEAM SCION guy...I chose the nice route.

The seaweed drownings were pretty cool. Read the Aryze log below for a typical occurence. I dont have anything logged when I fed the essences to the abomination though.

MuulocMon 07-Nov-05 02:15 PM
Member since 02nd Dec 2004
53 posts
#42850, "That interaction."
In response to Reply #26

I was watching that interaction between you and Haravanzoth. I won't comment much because Haravanzoth is still active, but I really enjoyed it. It for that sort of thing that I thought you'd enjoy Scion.

Harkan (Guest)Mon 07-Nov-05 03:05 PM

#42852, "When I come back you have yourself a follower."
In response to Reply #28

I know Scion was going to get interesting. You're doing a good job. I used to fight you when you were a mort and thought you were even better back then. I miss playing already.

Granaak_work (Guest)Mon 07-Nov-05 03:10 PM

#42853, "Actually I have dibs on first follower. Sry -nt"
In response to Reply #29

flight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potionflight potion

Faltarn (Guest)Sun 06-Nov-05 12:54 PM

#42815, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #0

a lot for the rp line you brought into CF. And man, you made me open my dictionary too often than anyone before . Sad that as warrior of Fortress I did not have much choises in Rplaying with you.
And about time when you almost catched me under sea of dispair. Hells I did not have return potion there and when I see dolphin.... I have never ran that fast in all my CF life .

Good luck

Varthas (Guest)Sun 06-Nov-05 01:27 AM

#42805, "RE: We all float down here."
In response to Reply #0

Quite well done, I'd say. You were always interesting to fight, because I didn't have a chance in hell to kill you if you prepped, and even unprepped you were a very rough fight. Best I could hope to do is bleed you some, and make it painful. Would have liked to have seen more of the Kraken.

All in all, very well done!

Bliggy (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 11:32 PM

#42799, "RE: We all float down here."
In response to Reply #0

I'm surprised you mentioned me. I wanted to interact a little more with you, but first I didn't have the time (too much raiding/re-arming) and then I felt it was out of role once the Marshal posted a note saying that NO Fortressie was to talk with you. Period. After that, it was mostly just fighting. Bah.

The few times I RPed with you, You always gave me a creepy feeling... like "Hey little girl, want a piece of candy?" It was beautifully RPed... I wish I could pull off something like that. Some kind of incredible deception through words.

The Fort was in a tiffy over you.

I don't think you ever died ONCE. Jesus Christ. I hate Dolphins.

I would have liked to have seen the Kraken, though. Behind invoker shields, sanc, haste, and stoneskin. From a safe distance.

Sarmas (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 10:56 PM

#42789, "When you asked me."
In response to Reply #0

that drowning thing I couldnt really believe my ears. I was like ..ahem...pardon? At first i thought I was missunderstanding, then when i realized i wasn't, I just thought you were really wierd and as an arial I dont really want to have anything to do with water.

Harkan (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 11:11 PM

#42794, "Heh"
In response to Reply #18

Yeh I wasnt interested in your gear. I wanted your arial lungs in a bottle. I had pretty close to the best set possible for a shifter since I heroed. After you turned me down, I never got the chance to kill you. I dont think I even saw you pass the death zone...once. Keep those assasinations coming.

Sarmas (Guest)Sun 06-Nov-05 02:36 PM

#42821, "RE: Heh"
In response to Reply #19

After that little offer you made, I was very weary of your and avoided rivers and water if at all possible since it was obvious you didnt have my best interests at heart Yeh I knew you werent interested in my stuff, not much you could use there. Once or twice i got a few stalks on you enough to kill you should I get the chance but once you left and once I did.

Phax (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 07:46 PM

#42782, "I hate clowns"
In response to Reply #0

Every time you wanted to talk, I was in the middle of something like hunting others, avoiding being hunted, or retrieving. Would have liked to discuss your darkness with you. Oh well. Great job and my congrats on being virile! I hope you have a lovely and healthy baby.

EshvalSat 05-Nov-05 06:35 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
#42781, "RE: We all float down here."
In response to Reply #0

I tried to spend a bit of time watching your machinations, and was mildly surpised the number of folks you had obliging your desires. Your actions were rather cool and well-acted. While I watched, I never saw you take a risk, instead you marked your prey well and the fights were fairly predictible in your favor. Good job.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

Waldali (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 05:36 PM

#42774, "RE: We all float down here."
In response to Reply #0

Sad to see you go man, you're one of the VERY few people I was worried about. Wish we couldve done more then just wanting me to drown for you. Best of luck on the upcoming baby.

Harkan (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 05:59 PM

#42779, "Damn sneak"
In response to Reply #8

I needed a svirfneblin and a gnome essence to complete my collection. My plan was to kill you and then blackmail you for your gear back to give me your essence. I cant believe you escaped from me when I tricked you to come to Seantryn. Then I never saw you out of Galadon again, alas. Few days later, I had my gnome and svirf volunteers but by then was too late for us to become allies. I wouldnt trust you, and vice versa. Nice little thief you got going there, though.

Kruuank (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 05:29 PM

#42773, "You virile #### you!"
In response to Reply #0

Another person whose characters inspired me to play CF. After I quit my last MUD, I read some of the logs and such on this forum and that other forum, and thought 'Hey, I'll try this MUD out'. Well, I haven't been dissapointed.

I'll post some logs when I can if you'll still lurk around the forums because my con is dwindling (though if I keep getting withered, I might just age-die...). Sometimes a uncabal'd Giants best friend is shifter who can just crush fools. I hope the night you got your quest form, you got my message. I have only seen that many of the Fort together twice now, and both of those times I died. Though, would have been interesting if you could have taken them all underwater with the kraken (which was just nasty).

That time you saved me in Seantryn, that time Lothari an such were chasing me and I ran to sea and you came, etc, etc. Great character, your RP and PK were always solid. Hope this situation works out, and you'll be able to come back.

PS Don't give my girlfriend any ideas. In fact, can you post that now that yours is pregnant you'll play twice as much?

Harkan (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 05:40 PM

#42775, "It was hard at times."
In response to Reply #7

I wanted to look out for you more. Shifters are terrible in that when they are in form, cant talk or respond to tells. The way I would play usually entailed me following someone from sky, then dropping down to kill them in the deathzones. I would have enjoyed playing something landbased to show you around. When you die and get back up and keep going, you learn a lot more than just giving up. Every char you play after this one will get better and better.

Very impressed with you.

Feichin (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 05:00 PM

#42772, "Damn."
In response to Reply #0

Pure distilled evil. loved the talks.
Insidious is how I still describe you.

Had a feeling that not talking to you was the worst thing
to do, but I figured that was just mean. Only didn't talk
while following orders and when the giver of those orders
was dead I started back up. More on that fater I'm dead.

I'm not new by the way, I just lean to warriors.
hehe. It was hard to kill people while you were about.
Showing up to rescue people etc..

I bet my life on occasion about whether you would save someone on
the sea or not. only lost that bet a couple of times.

The kraken was a surprise for me that time I followed you down.
Nasty thing.

I'll probably end up missing you, you evil bastard.
Best of luck with your next.

Harkan (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 05:46 PM

#42776, "I wanted an elf apprentice more than anything."
In response to Reply #6

I was hoping you would be getting bored with the huge lopsided goodie barage and would be open to coming to the darkside. I liked talking to you more than our boring air battles...

Golden eagle is a nice form, and just so you know...I prep before every single fight. (You were a tough little runt.) At least protection from good, aura, bless, shield. I would never waste barrier for a air fight. My goal was to learn the osprey form. I would have celebrated with that one, being it was the only water based bird. Even has dive!! I play alot of air forms and golden eagle and falcon are my favorites.

I didnt like killing you and even hoped you would come talk to me to get back some choice gear from time to time. BUT YOU WOULDNT BUDGE!! YOU NON_GREEDY BASTARD!!!!

Take care.

Salvator (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 04:52 PM

#42771, "RE: We all float down here."
In response to Reply #0

I don't know if I should celebrate or mourn your character's death. Harkan was a talented villain whose passing will make my character's life easier, but I had hoped one day to get lucky and get you before you flew off. Some might call you a coward, but I didn't view it that way at all, just as it was probably smart of me to run like a girl whenever your dolphin swam up to me.

You had only tried roleplaying with me once, but since you had tipped off your allies several times by then to my location, and you'd already attacked me with friends a few times by then, trying to entice this dwarf to go swimming was going to require a bit more work.

You were a constant thorn, and it seemed whenever there was a group of people potentially seeking Sal's demise, Harkan was at the least doing recon if not in there going for the kill. You made my character's life interesting by making me always paranoid, and for that I thank you. I hope when the day comes you are able to play, I'll be a greater challenge for you.

Until then, enjoy the challenges and pleasure of parenthood. It's a great ride.

Harkan (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 05:49 PM

#42777, "Holy dwarves!"
In response to Reply #5

The biggest pain in the ass for me was having to fight tough chars on land. I dont like having to peck a bit then flee, but realistically the only way possible I would kill paladins, tough warriors, villagers, would be to 1) Jump them while fighting someone else. 2) Catch them while injured.

This kinda makes an airform come across like a vulture, but I dont think its possible to defeat you elsewise. You wouldnt believe how many villagers would challenge me to duels ON LAND. Then call me a coward when I wouldnt fight.

Anyhow, I thought you were a good acolyte.

Hrugald (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 03:36 PM

#42770, "I will miss you OOC."
In response to Reply #0

Very well played char, and very consistant.

The traps you tried to set up were kinda cool, because you were always telling the truth. Any time I tried to turn them against you though, who ever the bait was teleported.

Anyways, very well done char.

Harkan (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 05:54 PM

#42778, "The traps"
In response to Reply #4

I thought were pretty funny. I wish I had some more logs. I dont have any of you unfortunately. I would always tell the truth...however, would usually drop in and attack whoever was fleeing or whatever side was slow getting off the water.

The best fights were when I had a weak mage run from villagers to the sea. The good thing about the dolphin form was the pounce. I could easily destroy anyone that wasnt prepared, and they would usually flee out of the group quick. It was the only way I could take on groups of 3 or 4 people and come out winning.

You swim to Levan.
An Expansive River
You are on a mighty river flowing through expansive plains. Over the
banks you see tall grass and stands of trees, occasionally seeing some
cultivated fields. You are on the west half of the river. To the east,
you see the river flowing south, where it seems to be picking up speed
as it narrows. A little ways off to the north, you can see the busy
southern docks of Voralian City. Directly to your south are the sandy
banks of the river.

A perch swims here.
(White Aura) Levan the half-drow is here.
Alriac the dwarf is here.

Levan yells 'Help I am being attacked by a blue dolphin '
Your pound DISMEMBERS Levan
Your pound misses Levan.
Levan has some small but disgusting cuts.

You dodge Levan's slice.
You dodge Alriac's searing light.
You quickly leap away from Alriac's searing light.
Levan parries your pound.
Your pound MASSACRES Levan
Levan is covered with bleeding wounds.

You dodge Levan's slice.
Levan deflects your pound with his shield.
Levan is gushing blood.

Levan narrows his eyes and glares in your direction.
Levan is gushing blood.

Alriac's searing light EVISCERATES you
You dodge Levan's punch.
Your pound DISMEMBERS Levan
Levan is convulsing on the ground.

Levan leaves.
Levan has fled
You feel the changes in water pressure around you, leading you to Levan
An Expansive River
You are on a mighty river flowing through expansive plains. Over the
banks you see tall grass and stands of trees, occasionally seeing some
cultivated fields. You are on the west half of the river. To the east,
you see the river flowing south, where it seems to be picking up speed
as it narrows. Far to the north, you see the river getting wider and
see a huge island sitting in the middle of river, dominated by a
towering white cathedral.

(White Aura) Levan the half-drow is here.
A perch swims here.
Levan is convulsing on the ground.

Your pound MANGLES Levan
Your pound MANGLES Levan
Levan is DEAD
You hear Levan's death cry.

Now to deal with dwarf.

Alriac yells 'Help I am being attacked by a blue dolphin '
Alriac keeps you at bay with his polearm.
Alriac dodges your pound.
Alriac is covered with bleeding wounds.

Alriac's searing light *** DEMOLISHES *** Waluan
Your pound *** DEMOLISHES *** Alriac
Alriac is gushing blood.

You are hungry.
You are thirsty.
Alriac is gushing blood.

Your pound *** DEMOLISHES *** Alriac
Alriac is gushing blood.

Alriac leaves west.
Alriac has fled
You feel the changes in water pressure around you, leading you to Alriac
An Expansive River
You are on a mighty river flowing through expansive plains. Over
the banks you see tall grass and stands of trees, occasionally seeing
some cultivated fields. You are on the west half of the river. To the
east, you see the river flowing south, where it seems to be picking
up speed as it narrows. Just off to the north, you see the busy
southern docks of Voralian City. Directly to your south are the sandy
banks of the river.

Alriac the dwarf is here.
A small brown tadpole struggles to swim upstream.
Alriac is gushing blood.

Your pound MANGLES Alriac
Your pound misses Alriac.
Alriac is writhing in agony.

Waluan has arrived.

Alriac yells 'Help I am being attacked by Waluan '
Waluan's claw MASSACRES Alriac

Waluan's claw MASSACRES Alriac
Your pound MANGLES Alriac
Your pound EVISCERATES Alriac
Alriac is convulsing on the ground.

Waluan cuts off Alriac's route of escape with her polearm
Alriac is convulsing on the ground.

Waluan executes a controlled overhead attack with her polearm.
Waluan's chop MANGLES Alriac
Alriac is DEAD
Alriac's fingers are sliced from his dead body.

examine corpse
Severed chunks of Alriac are scattered next to a corpse.
The corpse of Alriac contains:
a large saddle bag
a pair of spiked boots
the belt of strength
a malachite bracelet
a skin from the snow leopard
a pair of silver-lined sleeves
(Glowing) a mask in the shape of a falcon's claw
a helmet with a long spike
a pair of jagged leggings
a broad-bladed battleaxe crackling with energy
(Humming) the mantle of the shark
a ragged cloak
(Humming) a coral amulet
some shark bait
(Glowing) a flaming bardiche
(Humming) a granite ring
a Thunderlance
(Humming) the Skull Sword
the Weaver of Doom
a wide copper bracelet
(Humming) a coral ring
a potion of return
a cask of dark, dwarven ale
(Glowing) a shimmering white axe
a dual-bladed silver battle axe
(Glowing) a long white pike
22 gold coins
214 silver coins
80 copper coins

Falun (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 03:20 PM

#42768, "People want me dead!?"
In response to Reply #0

I would probaly still be trying to hero if it wasnt for you. Fond memories of chilling in the sea of despair and perfecting dispel good =)

But boy did we have some with our range! I really did not want to see you delete for quite some time.

My ultimate group:
Kaazra the Lich
Harkan the Scholar
Falun the Vindicator

If this had all come to pass..wow..I cant even imagine what would be going on right now.

Oh well. Great char and good luck with all your real life stuff,

Falun

Harkan (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 03:06 PM

#42767, "Aryze my apprentice."
In response to Reply #0

Aryze utters the words, 'detect invis'.

You say 'I began to study death....and have learned that when one drowns they breath out a deep breath before they die.'

You say 'A deep part of ones lungs....'

You say 'I collect this breath...this essence of your life.'

People near you:
(PK) Harkan In the Aryth Ocean
(PK) Aryze In the Aryth Ocean

You say 'It cannot be forced out.'

You say 'So simply smashing your head in right now, would not benefit me.'

You say 'I instead must wait for you to release the inner air.'

You say 'And I pay well for such...'

You say 'You look like you could use a friend.'

You slowly float to the ground.

You say 'The Tribunals are hard on thee.'

You say 'We can crush them....'

Aryze shrugs indifferently.

You say 'Make them pay for harming you..'

You are already resting.

Aryze says 'I took their scales earlier, but it was short...lived.'

Aryze frowns.

You say 'AYe, they are many'

You say 'And they breed like rats.'

Aryze shudders at the thought.
You say 'The refuge is full of strong bodies but they are young.'

Aryze says 'They do tend to multiply.'

You say 'You are the finest specimen of them.'

You say 'And that is why I must have you.'

Harkan watches you intently and smiles.

Aryze says 'How, am I the finest?'

You are already resting.

Aryze drinks water from a crude water skin made from the corpse of the overseer.

Aryze eats a defeathered quail.

Aryze eats a defeathered quail.

You say 'You are an attractive female. You have elven blood. Elves are well known for their longevity of life.'

You say 'Your breathe will be strong.'

You say 'And pure.'

You say 'Gear and gold do not interest thee....'

You say 'Perhaps I can service thee in other ways for your end of the bargain....'

You say 'I must know what you desire...'

Aryze snorts.

You say 'You have some goals...'

You say 'I can make them happen.'

You say 'Let me. Help you.'

Aryze looks at you.

Aryze says 'I doubt you can, eh?'

You say 'Then voice your doubts.'

You say 'Let me prove I can provide what you need....'

Aryze looks at you.

1305hp 1046m 727mv 21600tnl 10 AM aff
You are affected by:
Spell: 'detect invis' for 24 hours.
Spell: 'haste' modifies dexterity by 4 for 7 hours.
Spell: 'pass door' for 0 hours.
Spell: 'control translucence' for 8 hours.
Skill: 'water breathing' for -1 hours.

1305hp 1046m 727mv 21600tnl 10 AM stand
c stone
You stand up.

Aryze says 'I am not sure...'

You say 'You are thinking on it....I can sense you wish to ally with me.'

Aryze grumbles and growls. You wonder what's wrong...

You say 'You need to ask yourself how can you be stronger.'

You say 'How can you crush the Tribunals...'

You say 'ANd the answer is with my aid.'

Aryze says 'I am not even sure if I should be associating with you, eh.'

Aryze looks at you.

You say 'A small essence freely given. I will hold my word and never strike one of the Refuge,'

You say 'You will be helping the others.'

You say 'The young and weak.'

You say 'I can be a boon to have on the side of the nature protectorss....'

You say 'And you know this is true. FOr you have heard stories of me.'

You say 'A tiny offering is all it takes.'

You say 'A breathe for all this.'

You say 'To right the wrongs of my past and to ally with you.'

Aryze says 'I have some common enemies with the fortress, but I am no part of the fortress.'

You say 'THat is wise of you. You are wise, beautiful, and strong.'

You say 'All that I need.'

You say 'For my study'

You say 'Many people drown each year to accidents...'

You say 'Ships are sunk...'

You say 'My work will help....'

You say 'Bring understanding to rescuing such.'

Aryze says 'Help...?'

You say 'I share all my research to those who seek it.'

You say 'If the breathes can be stored....'

Aryze says 'Perhaps you should share some of it now?'

You say 'Then perhaps they can be harnessed to others.'

You say 'Help my study.'

You say 'ANd I will share with you.'

You say 'We can gather many to this cause. '

Aryze says 'But not before?'

You say 'We must complete this before you have earned my assistance.'

You say 'I am not a giving man.'

You say 'But I am honorable....'

You say 'SHow me you are worthy of my trust.'

You say 'And let us make this pact complete.'

Aryze says 'If you have been watching, I keep my word, eh?'

You say 'I have not harmed you. I have paid you slightly for your time...'

Aryze says 'No, you have not, since I stand here.'

You say 'I wish to make you happy now.'

Aryze says 'Happy?'

You say 'My aid will bring thee what you want.'

You say 'Happiness will follow.'

You say 'You consider my proposal or you would never have come here....'

You say 'Tell me what I can do to complete this....'

Harkan watches you intently.

Aryze says 'I came, because of curiousity.'

You say 'A part of you wants this....'

You say 'Curiousity is what drives you to me.'

You say 'You must be curious what fill follow...'

You say 'When you give me the tiny thing I need...'

You say 'The curiousity will be forfilled soon...if you wish it.'

You say 'How long is your breathing spell.....'

You say 'We can do this quietly. I will support you...'

Aryze says 'It will last...another 5 hours.'

You say 'Simply relax with me and tell me of your past.'

You say 'Tell me what you want in life.'

You say 'I will listen and remember'

Aryze says 'Will you?'

You say 'Do not even think on what is coming.'

You say 'SImply let it come. Please be at ease.'

Aryze says 'But, I am, eh?'

You say 'It is hard to allow oneself to die...'

Aryze says 'I do...not commit suicide...'

You say 'Only the strongest, most controlled, can achieve it.'

Aryze sighs.

Aryze says 'Or the weakest.'

Aryze says 'It really is hard to tell, eh?'

You say 'SUicide is a waste....I will not allow your breath to simply gurgle to the surface.'

Harkan removes a tiny silver orb from his robes.

You stand up.

You say 'Please tell me of your youth...'

You say 'How you came to be an adherant of the glade.'

You say 'I wish to know of you.'

Aryze says 'I...well, I was born in the woods, eh?'

Aryze says 'Both of my parents were runaway slaves, bleeding imperials.'

Aryze spits in utter disgust

Aryze says 'Not my parents.'

Harkan nods slightly, scowling at the term Imperials.

Aryze says 'If that, wasn't clear, eh?'
You nod.

You say 'They are a brutish people...'

Aryze says 'And, well gave birth to my brother...and I.'

You say 'A brother too....'

Aryze's face begins to turn red from holding her breath.

Harkan watches you as you talk.

Aryze says 'Yes, a twin, I do not know where he is.'

You say 'Relax'

Aryze says 'Or what has become of him...'

You say 'Keep talking my dear.'

Aryze shudders at the thought.

You say 'Where did you last see him?'

You say 'Perhaps I can aid....'

You say 'In finding him.'

Aryze says 'I will tell you, yes, if you wish to hear the story.'

You say 'I see much from the skies.'

You say 'Sorry...'I am excited tis all.

Aryze shakes her head.

Your eyes no longer pierce the shroud of invisibility.
Aryze can no longer hold her breath and dies
Aryze's eye pops out of its socket.

You say 'Pleasae continue fool'

You cackle gleefully.

You tell Aryze 'Most enjoyable, my dear.'

Aryze tells you 'I suppose, I can actually finish the story, eh?'

You tell Aryze 'I have what I need. Perhaps you can tell someone that gives a damn?

Aryze (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 08:20 PM

#42784, "Of all the million logs I have had...you had to choose"
In response to Reply #2

the most embarassing bleh...well at that point I was bored of aryze...but I, well I got myself in a lot of trouble afterwards, it was great fun...If I can find a cool log, I am going to post it...but, well I have to look for a while...hehe, I will say more in a bit.

Harkan (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 08:28 PM

#42786, "Well made me smile. N/t"
In response to Reply #16

n/t

Harkan (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 03:04 PM

#42766, "If someone can get my PBF ill repay the favor. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42765 Previous topic | Next topic