Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Ulothrye Grizzlemane the Champion..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42706
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 04-Nov-05 07:08 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42706, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Ulothrye Grizzlemane the Champion of the Virtues"

Fri Nov 4 06:11:38 2005

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Ulothrye perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:294

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Ulothrye Grizzlemane the Cham..., Alriac (Guest), 07-Nov-05 10:51 AM, #37
Reply Hrm., Icthaen (Guest), 07-Nov-05 11:06 AM, #38
Reply hmrph!, Faltarn (Guest), 06-Nov-05 01:13 PM, #31
Reply Elderbrother!, Lothari (Guest), 05-Nov-05 01:07 PM, #28
Reply Don't know how I forgot you., Icthaen (Guest), 05-Nov-05 08:12 PM, #29
Reply One other thing TXT, Hrugald (Guest), 04-Nov-05 01:22 PM, #15
Reply I will reiterate something I said to you IC., Hrugald (Guest), 04-Nov-05 11:51 AM, #12
Reply RE: I will reiterate something I said to you IC., Icthaen (Guest), 04-Nov-05 03:33 PM, #16
Reply Well....that's that I guess., Icthaen (Guest), 04-Nov-05 07:52 AM, #2
Reply Sheesh, Harkan (Guest), 04-Nov-05 08:22 AM, #3
Reply That's cold, but I deserve it for forgetting you., Icthaen (Guest), 04-Nov-05 08:29 AM, #4
     Reply Alright thats better..., Harkan (Guest), 04-Nov-05 08:40 AM, #5
Reply Very Solid Char, Corrlaan, 04-Nov-05 08:42 AM, #6
Reply Nice job., Meagara (Guest), 04-Nov-05 09:29 AM, #7
Reply RE: Well....that's that I guess., Dulmisa (Guest), 04-Nov-05 10:25 AM, #8
Reply I hate assassins, Ulothrye (Guest), 04-Nov-05 03:43 PM, #18
Reply RE: Well....that's that I guess., Breaylle (Guest), 04-Nov-05 10:43 AM, #9
Reply RE: Well....that's that I guess., Razmorthin (Guest), 04-Nov-05 10:58 AM, #10
Reply RE: Well....that's that I guess., Icthaen (Guest), 04-Nov-05 03:51 PM, #19
     Reply Bright Future... How do you figure that?, Razmorthin (Guest), 04-Nov-05 05:49 PM, #22
Reply Cosign Harakan, Gondrak (Guest), 04-Nov-05 11:14 AM, #11
Reply Yeah I understood your frustration..., Icthaen (Guest), 04-Nov-05 03:39 PM, #17
Reply RE: Well....that's that I guess., Bliggy (Guest), 04-Nov-05 12:50 PM, #13
Reply Another great character from you, Cuucqa (Guest), 04-Nov-05 01:17 PM, #14
Reply would you believe..., shokai, 04-Nov-05 04:25 PM, #20
Reply I hope you two get some sick enjoyment out of this........, Ulothrye (Guest), 04-Nov-05 05:01 PM, #21
Reply This really, really sucks..., Kruuank (Guest), 04-Nov-05 07:28 PM, #23
Reply RE: This really, really sucks..., Icthaen (Guest), 04-Nov-05 08:25 PM, #26
Reply I am not sure what to say really..., Feichin (Guest), 04-Nov-05 08:09 PM, #24
Reply Hehe, Icthaen (Guest), 04-Nov-05 08:36 PM, #27
Reply Damn i was, Sarmas (Guest), 04-Nov-05 08:23 PM, #25
Reply Okay, this sucks, Nashakk (Guest), 05-Nov-05 11:45 PM, #30
Reply Well damn, ordasen, 06-Nov-05 05:45 PM, #32
Reply Crap!, Icthaen (Guest), 06-Nov-05 06:14 PM, #33
Reply Good character, Dolza (Guest), 07-Nov-05 12:04 AM, #34
Reply Good job, Asyka (Guest), 07-Nov-05 01:47 AM, #35
Reply Good berserker., Icthaen (Guest), 07-Nov-05 06:02 AM, #36
Reply Damnit!, Aarn, 07-Nov-05 11:18 AM, #39
     Reply You're dumped., Icthaen (Guest), 07-Nov-05 11:31 AM, #40
          Reply actually..., shokai, 07-Nov-05 02:36 PM, #41
Reply A solemn processional, Salvator (Guest), 04-Nov-05 07:41 AM, #1

Alriac (Guest)Mon 07-Nov-05 10:51 AM

#42842, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Ulothrye Grizzlemane the Cham..."
In response to Reply #0

Good job again damit. If you know who I am, I'm going to flip. We'll see when we get there, Good luck on the next

Al

Icthaen (Guest)Mon 07-Nov-05 11:06 AM

#42843, "Hrm."
In response to Reply #37

I might be wrong, but I have a feeling we've been allies before. And in similar circumstances. I won't say anymore until you kick the bucket so I can rub in my scary sixth sense of seeing right through your gully dwarf! Well played, and I think you'll be seeing lots of action in the near future. Though we only fought together a few times, Ulo and Alriac were pretty damn scary. You bashing and me dropping lots of damage made for some good fun.
See ya in the fields.

Faltarn (Guest)Sun 06-Nov-05 01:13 PM

#42819, "hmrph!"
In response to Reply #0

Good work as always Ichtaen what will be next?

Lothari (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 01:07 PM

#42763, "Elderbrother!"
In response to Reply #0

Now Lothari has no elderbrothers. Uh, well done, well done and well done? The most striking thing about you was that you enforced the RP absolutely strictly. Some people may be deathful, but people like you are RP-solid. You raise the standard for paladins all around

Anyway about the time when Lothari told you he felt weak and all, that wasn't the player complaining... just to clear things up. Just the fat storm giant going through a little mid-life crisis. He'll recover and deliver more flurries of doom to the collective butt of evil though.

Make another fortie... I foresee bad times for Fort If I could play more I'd be gleeful for the number of enemies available. *** except Rowan and the imperial horde who kept gating, then telling all friends, and repeating it after each flee ***

Icthaen (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 08:12 PM

#42783, "Don't know how I forgot you."
In response to Reply #28

Maybe because I haven't seen much of you in a while, but I owe you a thanks for showing me quite a few new things I didn't know about and we had some fun too. Usually when we were both on there would be no evils to fight so we got to spend a bit of time exploring, which is something I tell myself that I'll do once I hero, but never get around to it. Ironically the day I con died I tried to explore Trothan until I err..con died from having to defend while slowed and stuff from a dude in there.
Ok, good times, I've made many a flurrying giant in my cf career and they can be loads of fun. Sort of a hit or miss thing, but I have a feeling you'll do more hitting than missing.
Good luck

Hrugald (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 01:22 PM

#42727, "One other thing TXT"
In response to Reply #0

If you haven't gotten PBF yet I will.

Hrugald (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 11:51 AM

#42724, "I will reiterate something I said to you IC."
In response to Reply #0

You were a Paladin.

I'm not sure there is anything else in CF as difficult to pulloff, and you did it convincingly and will vigor.

I hated you when I was first made squire, the sir this and sir that got on my nerves. A week later though, I was always sitting around anxiously hoping you'd log on because of the RP.

You will be sorely sorely missed.

More when I die!

Icthaen (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 03:33 PM

#42733, "RE: I will reiterate something I said to you IC."
In response to Reply #12

I already paid for my PBF, but thanks for the thought. As for the Sir this, Sir that, I used it less with my friends as time went on, but tried to keep it with my enemies to go with the fair of speech aspect of the code. It sometimes came off as sarcastic I'm sure, and maybe I used it too often. Anyway! I thought we clicked very well towards the end and our interactions always seemed very rich and powerful to me. Some of the better interactions I've had in a long long time. I bet this is the first time our chars crossed path, and I was glad for it. I hope you enjoy what's left of your character.

Icthaen (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 07:52 AM

#42710, "Well....that's that I guess."
In response to Reply #0

I'll try to keep this short if possible, but it won't be easy.

The negative first. I certainly didn't go out with a bang. Was desparate for a con quest, but never got one. When I ate two crappy deaths tonight that i shouldn't of had, and realized I only had three deaths left, I sort of got pissed and said 'screw it. I'm gonna try to regain the orb until i'm con dead'....and I err...did. Never got the orb back though.
Had lots of high expectations with this character, from evolving from easy pickings in my pk range to being a beast of sorts (And no it wasn't just when I had defiance....getting a tell every day about how 'You only fight good because you have defiance' grew very annoying). I even applied to hero-imm, but I don't think that's my thing. I love the pk aspect more than anything, even if I'm not great at it. I think seeing behind the curtain would take away the intrigue factor of the game.

Well to stay on track, and to finish with the negative...I badly wanted to get Captain but yet again I didn't pull it off, somehow I sucked when I lead groups and several times lead them to their death even though I was doing my best to keep a watch on my groupmates. Sorry if any of you were relying on me and I let you down. I did my best really.

Other sucky things : I didn't have enough practices or trains to learn my second virtue. lol. I didn't have essence of temperance or revelation because of that. Silly me.

On to the goodbyes :

Ordasen : To think that I played a follower of yours and I saw you twice in 300 hours!!! Mostly that's my fault because I was scared of you from having played tons of villagers and participating in a couple rites. You scare me and Ulothrye was scared of you. Thanks for the virtues, too bad when I started to pray more to you you seemed to be less active.

Aarn : If you say something like 'I was just about to make you Captain and give you some con', I will go to your house and beat you with a club. You did that with Icthaen and I'm still bitter! You're my favourite imm, and always will be. I even prayed to you at the end about the con I was so damn desperate.

Corrlaan : Thanks for the pep talk at the end, but at that point I knew my fate was sealed, I'm not the type to avoid fights just 'caus my con is low. Especially not a sphere courage follower. You seem really cool, and though I can't ever see myself playing an Acolyte, if I did it'd be a Corrlaan follower.

Fortress :
Hrugald - The one thing I'll miss is the time I spent with you. Your roleplay is so dwarfish it's scary, and if you don't get captain or marshall something is really wrong with shok and aarn. Bleh I have so much more to say, but maybe we can e-mail or something after you're gone. Good times all around.

Other dwarves : Oh dwarves how I love thee. I was hot off playing Blaindon (an unsuccessful attempt at a dwarf warrior) and chilling with you guys made me think of him. Keep on keepin' on. Alriac you are playing a beastly combo. I think I know who you are, which explains a lot. Good stuff.

Feichin : I have a distinct feeling that our past chars have interacted. Hang in there if you're still having fun. You seemed depressed towards the end. Don't let the newbiesh mistakes of certain squires bog ya down. We were all newbies once (I probably still am one)

Krazen : I would have uninducted you Sir had I been a leader. Grow some grapefruits down there, when you do and you die a lot, that's when you'll get better and enjoy the game even more.

Kalus : A lot of heart.

Xilla : I knew you too well already from ranking with you with Blaindon. Great acolyte, who actually didn't care about gear hoarding.

Other Acolytes : It's tough being the good guy that doesn't get to have the fun of pking recklessly like the maran. I respect you all for that. Good luck.

As far as enemies go, a few certainly stick out.

Kruuank : You are my favourite character playing right now. Why you don't have a title boggles my mind, I don't care if your pk ratio is 2 wins, 100 losses, you're awesome in my book. Great depth to your character (the most I've ever seen in a fire giant and I've played many! Vinourak was my last). I hope you get to hero finally and can get a good run going. You deserve it more than anyone.

Mizzarah : Yep you were a pain in the ass.

Razmorthin : Didn't realize evil conjies were so powerful, very impressive. Constantly telling me that I was a coward I thought was annoying and lame, seeing as I fought you any time I could, and though I did participate in gangs' every once in a while, I fought you with your friends over and over. Ulothrye saw courage as never backing down, and facing your fears, it had nothing to do with parity.Good luck with the chasm.

Serduk, Asyka and the rest who'd fight me alone in the wee hours of the morning : Thanks for the late night fights, always fun running around beating on each other at 5 in the morning (my time) when I have class in two hours and haven't slept yet. I will be sending you the bill for my tuition when I fail and have to retake all my classes or if I can't get a job and am still playing CF while on welfare. In that case I expect you to find me a job. It's all your fault. Not mine.

Ciao!

Geez I'm forgetting so many, post and I'll reply.

Harkan (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 08:22 AM

#42712, "Sheesh"
In response to Reply #2

Im not even going to give you a comment for slighting me.

Well.....Im still waiting. Heh

Icthaen (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 08:29 AM

#42713, "That's cold, but I deserve it for forgetting you."
In response to Reply #3

I should've bargained with you for some con, because I'm sure you have some to spare you wet bugger! You certainly gave Ulothrye headaches, though mostly of the spiritual kind with all the sweet talking you tried to pull on me. All in all, I think I handled it as well as I could have. As far as our many many fights go, the dolphin is scary, but scarier if I'm with an ally that doesn't have word. Trying to save Kalus and Krazen from you was just ugly. I knew I was dead no matter what in that situation if any of them were gonna live. I'm happy to say that I did make you flee a couple times in solo fights with the dolphin when I prepped, and you didn't have barrier. But for the most part you beat me up, well done. I was curious as to what those echoes were about, but never really found out. I'll try to keep tabs on the game to find out the end.

Harkan (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 08:40 AM

#42714, "Alright thats better..."
In response to Reply #4

Favorite fortresite, hands down. When you would rescue your allies when every other pally would just word out was impressive. Did not like that sword though. Really slowed me down when it muddled with my mind. People got to be nuts to duel a defiance wielding, prepped 2hander pally. I dont think there is anything tougher to fight for an evil. If you can catch one unprepped they are fine, but when you were ready...wow.

If I had known you were low on con, I would have tried to barter with you. Still looking for that apprentice.

As far as those echoes, ill go into more detail when I am dead and gone. You saw part of the result anyhow during one of our fights. At least I think you did.

I think if you really wanted to defeat Harkan thoroughly, would be to stop talking to him. Damn, Im actually going to miss a paladin. Yeesh.

CorrlaanFri 04-Nov-05 08:42 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42715, "Very Solid Char"
In response to Reply #2

When I said to take it easy until you knew your fate, I meant take it easy! Not run from fights, but use your head.

Con Quests are tricky beasts that don't just pop out of nowhere so when I told you to seek out the Bear for your answers it was just that. I had no answers for you.

And as far as Captain/Marshall'ing. That's a tricky beast too. It usually means Shokai and Aarn and I put all our power rings together and call upon the power of Greyskull or some such and life moves on beneath us while all this is going on.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you did very well for what it was worth and in my humble opinion...con dying a Maran is exactly the way to go.

I've con-died more squires in my time than I'd care to count.

Roll up another and git back at it.

Corrlaan

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

Meagara (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 09:29 AM

#42717, "Nice job."
In response to Reply #2

I have to admit I was really dubious of you joining the Fortress when I inducted you, because you had had to work SO HARD to get your first kill...I was like "ohh man this guy is going to suck at PK...Squireville all the way...maybe he should be a Scribe..."

Then you got up into hero levels and started to be deathful, and you probably ended up with more pkwins than I had. It's kind of a catch-22 I guess...lots of pks are during cabal raids, but if you have to get pks to get into a cabal...

Anyways, well done, too bad about the con thing, but then you probably knew that would happen when you rolled up a sphere courage guy.

Dulmisa (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 10:25 AM

#42719, "RE: Well....that's that I guess."
In response to Reply #2

You were impressive, I enjoyed most of our fights, good luck and that shizzle.

Ulothrye (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 03:43 PM

#42735, "I hate assassins"
In response to Reply #8

One thing that was usually a common trend after logging out Ulothrye is resisting the urge to roll up a duergar axe spec. The number of times assassins barely got away from me because I couldn't keep them lagged were countless and it started to drive me insane. You, however, surprised me the time when you stayed in the fight and ended up making me retreat. I respected you ever since and I hope you are the new Empress. Well deserved I'd say.

Breaylle (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 10:43 AM

#42720, "RE: Well....that's that I guess."
In response to Reply #2

I enjoyed your charactor from what little I interacted with. Helping me hero on the Mount was fun, and made my jaw drop with the damage you put out. There is more I would like to say, but it better wait till after I am gone, have fun.

Razmorthin (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 10:58 AM

#42721, "RE: Well....that's that I guess."
In response to Reply #2

Perhaps my dialogue wasn't as crafty as I would have liked. I understood full well what you were telling me but I was trying to needle you and given your response I think I succeeded at some level. You were a pretty tough customer (especially when you had defiance) and I had to pull out all the stops if I wanted to have a shot at beating you. Good job at keeping your cool during our 'talks' when I was trying to be a prick. Roll up a Scion next eh?

Icthaen (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 03:51 PM

#42736, "RE: Well....that's that I guess."
In response to Reply #10

I sometimes take in-character smack talk too seriously when I'm on the receiving end of it (chalk it up to being a softie) and I think that's the case with you. It just seemed ridiculous that you would happily nightgaunt me to the sands of sorrow when i was already half naked and you'd have chakru with you and then you'd spout off about cowardice when I RAIDED for the scepter with a big group. The time on Calaendryl we really were just going there to rank kerbaugh by the way. Water under the brigde, and I wish you the best with what looks like a bright future in the chasm. I don't think you'll see me in there anytime soon, as the end of the world RP isn't my thing. I'm a rager/fortie through and through, though I'd like to try an outlander.
Good luck.

Razmorthin (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 05:49 PM

#42741, "Bright Future... How do you figure that?"
In response to Reply #19

Given this thread is supposed to be about you, I'll keep this short. I really don't get how you see bright days in Scion given the # of enemy cabals we have (BIG problem with our numbers cap)and that from my own observations most of the new evils are going empire (our enemy) rather than Scion - probably in large part because they will never get inducted into the chasm. I would say that approx 35% of my time on I am alone and 50% of the time Chakru is on with me and the other 15% there may be 1 other scion and it's usually someone 40 or under. I also don't see many if any of our current applicants getting inducted, most go empire after we disappoint.. so from where I'm sitting the future looks grim for the chasm.

However I am looking forward to your next character and I would like to further emphasize that I thought Ulothrye was a real class act and I certainly didn't hold it against you that you used your numbers against me. I certainly would have in your situation. Also a fyi, the time you died in the sands I was there alone and did not know you were half named. As well, I left a bunch of your eq that I took to ID on the ground by your corpse. I kept passing it for hours after the occasion, too bad you never found it. Anyway good luck with your next, I'll be watching for another member of the dastardly hoarde to rear his head soon - I mean that in a good/teasing way

-Raz

Gondrak (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 11:14 AM

#42722, "Cosign Harakan"
In response to Reply #2

Though I can't be quite as cold.

I think you were likley a very good paladin, and I still have some fundamental inside my head misconsecptions about how paladins and Fortress-ites in general should act. But I can say you were ery polite...which helped.

I do hate Defiance with a burning, burning passion, but oh well.

Meh, good job. I guess the 2-1 were just part of the deal. I think Gondrak got so upset because he believed it was acceptable for evils to do that, but believed the light should hold themselves to a higher standard.

Oh well, good job.
Gondrak

Icthaen (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 03:39 PM

#42734, "Yeah I understood your frustration..."
In response to Reply #11

The time in the hidden room in Galadon, I really didn't want Hrugald to jump in on the fight. Then when I cryed to Lothari, it was because I knew you were tough and I thought he was getting his ass handed to him. We fought after that solo but I was decked etc... Anyway you seemed to get the short end of the stick with Vinourak and Ulothrye and I'm sorry for that. Tough combos for you to fight, but you did smoke Blaindon that time we fought north of Galadon so that evens it out!
Gondrak is a great example of a character sticking it out and you've been well rewarded for it. Great to see. The chasm is going to be very strong for the next while I think.
Later.

Bliggy (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 12:50 PM

#42725, "RE: Well....that's that I guess."
In response to Reply #2

Very nice run there. You played a good Paladin.

Some good interactions with you - water over ale?!!?!?? BLASPHEMY!

I think our crazy death to Razmorthin in Hamsah was more my fault than anything else - I got attacked by him first on Caravan Road and couldn't heal up enough to be effective against him again. Freaking ice devils.

Solid Maran. Even when you were half-equipped without defiance, you still played pretty damned good.

Ah well. Come back to the Fort! We'll miss you! HAR!

Maybe this time you'll actually drink with me.

Cuucqa (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 01:17 PM

#42726, "Another great character from you"
In response to Reply #2

You were another enegizer bunny, sorry your juice ran out. From what I saw (more fighting than RP) you really went for the paladin code, so many other pallys would just word and leave everyone else in the ####, but you would either rescue or word out them first. Always gave you props for that.
See ya in the fields

shokaiFri 04-Nov-05 04:25 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
519 posts
#42738, "would you believe..."
In response to Reply #2

Aarn, Cor and I had...in fact...been discussing giving you a little more con and making you Captain or Marshall? If you feel the need to drive to someone's house and pummel them with a club...well...gimme a call, just buy me a beer afterwards

I wasn't an overly visible presence for this character, but what I saw of you...I liked. Seemed very solid and well done.

Good luck with the next one, chief.

Ulothrye (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 05:01 PM

#42740, "I hope you two get some sick enjoyment out of this........"
In response to Reply #20

Because this is definitely not fun for me

You're still legend in my book, even though you and Aarn have it in for me. I intend on rolling up another Maran, sticking with it until you make me a Leader and then delete on the spot just to spite you both. Mwahahaa. Evil plots aside, even if you're not visible much, your presence is always a positive in this game.

But I'd still sleep with one eye open if I were you for the next while.

Kruuank (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 07:28 PM

#42743, "This really, really sucks..."
In response to Reply #2

I will echo your statements about me, as you were my favorite character I have interacted with so far (Bliggy and Hrugald are a close second). Those times where I would log on, see eight Fort and no allies, yet know if the Fort got me, at least it would be in legit ways. I have so many logs of you piss-beating me, with or without defiance, it's actually quite sad. That time at the Fort with Falun, Ortelot, Kaazra and Harkan, well, you had to die. For all those who said they wouldn't fight you with Defiance, you're stupid. Now, a champion-standing two-hander with amulet of dragonkind(hits for DEMOs unprepped), ring of regeneration (know it heals you a lot), and five color mail, along WITH defiance...well, like I said, you had to die .

It made me glad to see you get your lastname, as the RP you showed to me really was top-notch. I've read on this board in a past post how losing a good enemy is almost worse than losing a good ally, and you were the best enemy I've ever had (at any MUD at any time). Kudos, and good luck with your next.

Icthaen (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 08:25 PM

#42747, "RE: This really, really sucks..."
In response to Reply #23

Killing you after the first couple times was never fun in an ooc sense. Always left a bleh taste in my mouth and I don't think I ever looted you, no matter what you had for that reason. You rped it all flawlessly even though I still have no idea why that certain thing provoked and pissed you off (in an ic sense) so much.
If you want to chat CF sometime as you seem new to it, and you have msn feel free to add me via dylancoady@hotmail.com

You will prove to be a great boon for this mud.

Feichin (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 08:09 PM

#42744, "I am not sure what to say really..."
In response to Reply #2

Part of me says con death woo hoo. that's the way to go out.
(I was laying personal bets on you for captain too.. hehe)

Another part is just bummed out. Ulothrye was someone I looked up to
for your words and actions being entwined. You were a solid paladin
through and through. Rp wise, whoopin' arse and going down swinging.
You were inspiring.

As Icthean, I knew you'd make a good paladin. Didn't realize that was you, but thought you were familiar.

Yes we have interacted before with other characters. Probably more than you might think, even after knowing who I turn out to be.

Yet another part of me is actually bummed about that one fight now.
Hehehe. When I got there I was thinking Ulo is gonna tear this guy
up.. Hrm.. He's doing alot of damage there. Looked at the enemy.
Nahhhh, Ulo will roast him.. Hey he's hitting harder and more than
he should be... Look at ulo. Holy crap Ulo's in trouble! Get 'im!!!
I did but not in time. The guilt bit was mostly Rp, I've been on all three sides of that confrontation so many times it's mind-boggling.
Now though I'm kinda down because you were so low on con already.
(I'll get over it )
I wish I would have been there for the final bits, Family issues.
Freakin' harpies.

I will finish with as honest a statement I can make about Ulo
Ulo rocked for every second I witnessed his actions or heard his words. I give you a 9.8 of ten. Hahaha. You were expecting 10?

I won't even wish you luck with your next, from what I know of
you as a player you sure as hell don't need it.

-Fei

P.S. I was just pissed, I remember WELL making those sorts of newbieish mistakes. I make different newbieish mistakes now.

Icthaen (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 08:36 PM

#42748, "Hehe"
In response to Reply #24

Don't sweat that last fight. Had I gone for a strike of faith instead of a stupid templars defense move that missed, I would've won it anyway. So it was my fault! Feichin has tons of heart, which is what gave away who the player behind is, which is a good thing. We always seem to be side by side through coincidence or by the fact we both love the same cabals. Enjoy the rest of your time, a day later and I wish I was back in there right next to you.

Sarmas (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 08:23 PM

#42746, "Damn i was"
In response to Reply #2

still looking forward to maybe getting you one more time.

I enjoyed our cat and mouse games. I knew you could sense me and were ready to holy word if you were sittin in one place on the road. After that happened two or three times I learned my lesson, learned to stalk you from a distance Wish i had more time to play besides the 20-30 minute sessions i get and see if you managed to kill me (you got close) or if i managed to get you again. That one missed assassination, you took me down to 43% in 2 rounds....not very pleasant for me.

Seriously though, I enjoyed our brief fights and the RP converstion about purpose and winning. You didnt really expect me to fight you 1v1 when you were doing nasty nasty damage and i cant really lag you? You said you would kick my butt 1v1, true you would..not much incentive for me to fight fair is there? As I said, I am no gentleman, sir. The fortress going out in groups of two with someone who can reveal me, and you by yourself, hunting for me, was flattering

From all my distant observations I really liked you as a player. IC, I hated that damn evilsense and trying to trap me You were tough, unyelding and kept getting back up after falling. I think you are one of the very few real marans left, you just gave meaning to the cabal. Good char and well done.

Nashakk (Guest)Sat 05-Nov-05 11:45 PM

#42803, "Okay, this sucks"
In response to Reply #2

I really dug the character, not surprised by who it turned out to be. You obviously understand the Maran philosophy well and I love that. In my experience, a lot of folks in the Fort don't really bother to learn the finer details. Well done.

ordasenSun 06-Nov-05 05:45 PM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
#42828, "Well damn"
In response to Reply #2

I logged on two nights ago and went "Ok, time to work up a con quest for ole Ulothrye". And was then promptly told that it is hard to give a con quest to someone who is dead. Doh.

Future advice..if you ask for a con quest...do it WAY before you are about to die. You asked for one on the 2nd and was con deathed by the morning of the 4th. That aside...

Great character in all aspects. You had a rock solid rp that embodied what a paladin should be. You had gear at times, but you were never in fear of losing it, unlike some other paladins. You were fair in speech and actions and would be the shining example of how to truly be a maran paladin of courage. This was the main reason why you earned your faiths even while never really praying for me. As for me being less active, not really. Just you hardly ever prayed for me..and those one or two times which you did near the end..well real life had just kicked back in for me. (Going back to work after vacation, AND Civ 4 recent release) I was waiting for the time which you would approach me about the religion and tattoo, since I was ready and waiting to give it to you. Ah well.

Good luck with any future chars
Ordasen

Icthaen (Guest)Sun 06-Nov-05 06:14 PM

#42829, "Crap!"
In response to Reply #32

You're absolutely right about the con quest. I had just finished midterms so had all this time to play Ulothrye and I went from 7 con to con dead WAY too fast (In the helpfile it says that you shouldn't ask for a quest until you're down to 6 con, that should be changed because of people like me! . And when I play that many hours in a short amount of time, bad things tend to happen to my chars.

As far as the praying, I don't know why but I didn't think you'd want to chat about the faith all that much to a non-rager, but guess I was wrong. In some respects, that's where I failed the most..as your priest. I wish I'd prayed to you earlier on, although I did try to talk about what courage meant to me when interacting with others and obviously through my actions. I added in my role that I wanted the tattoo, but no way in hell was I gonna get the kahoonas to ask you for it. Maybe in the future I'll be more forward with that sort of thing. Thanks again for the virtues, the second one I wasn't ready for and didn't even save enough practices for it. But it was still awesome and much appreciated.

I'm sure I'll either be back in your village or seeing you in some form before long.
Thanks for the feedback.

Dolza (Guest)Mon 07-Nov-05 12:04 AM

#42836, "Good character"
In response to Reply #2

I liked Ulothrye. We got along well for the most part, even during tensions between the Village and Fort.

You were a beast with Defiance. Defiance is bad enough, me being vulnerable to it as well....well... that was just ugly. I was surprised I even managed to make you flee in our first duel. Thanks for the fights.

I know it was awkward when our members were fighting each other and all we could do was just stand there and watch. Was a bit frustrating but I think it was handled well.

Dolza

Asyka (Guest)Mon 07-Nov-05 01:47 AM

#42837, "Good job"
In response to Reply #2

Should be glad I think that you are gone.. You was quite a pain in the ass last days. Was fairly easy prey in the beginning and became totally unbeatable for me in the late... Well done with the courage and honour thing.. I trusted your every word more then some others of the battle. Though I still think temperance is something overpowered.. all that counterstrikes, templars stances and divine insights.. makes fighting you as a warrior totally useless.

Icthaen (Guest)Mon 07-Nov-05 06:02 AM

#42840, "Good berserker."
In response to Reply #35

You reminded me of myself when I play berserkers. Sometimes you'd get out of there when you couldn't win, but other times you'd get pissed, say '#### it' and bloodthirst . I did that tons with Vinourak among a few other berserkers I've played and in my opinion that's the funnest part about playing one. Knowing you're gonna die, but seeing if you can get lucky and kill something before you do.

As far as temperence, I agree that it's the beefiest virtue by a long margin (I think). I've had one other two virtue pally before who had temperance and retribution, and that was just ridiculous (except that I was a complete newb and killed a neutral mob sorta by accident..well not really and then i ended up asking Phaelim to take them away and unempower me) . Fortitude is nice, but you really only use the essence of fortitude most of the time. I won't go into any more details because it's a lot of fun when you get a virtue and you don't know what it does.

Hang in there, and good luck.

AarnMon 07-Nov-05 11:18 AM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
#42844, "Damnit!"
In response to Reply #2

Listen, I hate to do it to you man, but I'm going to copy and paste the first part of a note I recently sent!

< 44> Mon Oct 31 22:10:21 2005
To : shokai corrlaan
Subject: Maran leaders

I still don't think we need any Squire inductions done just yet, but
we should still have leaders for the Maran. I vote we make Ulothrye
a leader ASAP.

The note went on from there, but it's the first part that matters! I knew nothing about your con quest, that was going to be Ordasen's baby. I don't think anyone would have been against getting you a con quest though. Unfortunately Wednesday is my incredibly busy day, I was sick on Thursday and out of town from Friday until last night, so I just haven't been around the last few days to get anything done.

Anyway, Ulo was a great character, and very much a paladin. It's good to see, especially since there have been a lot of recent paladins that weren't very... paladinly. Anyway, great character, keep them coming!

Aarn

Icthaen (Guest)Mon 07-Nov-05 11:31 AM

#42848, "You're dumped."
In response to Reply #39

I'm convinced I'm cursed. I can just see you and Shokai sitting up in the heavens cackling gleefully as you watch me con die.

Aarn whispers to Shokai 'Let's make up a huge plan about how he had all these rewards coming to him if only he'd stayed a day longer.'

Shokai grins evilly.

Shokai says 'Yes, let us torment him until he never rolls another goodie again.

Aarn snickers softly.

BASTARDS!

shokaiMon 07-Nov-05 02:36 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
519 posts
#42851, "actually..."
In response to Reply #40

The conversation went like this:

Aarn whispers to Shokai 'Let's make up a huge plan about how he had all of these rewards coming to him if only he'd stayed a day longer.'

Shokai grins evilly.

Shokai says 'how amusing.'

Aarn snickers softly.

Aarn says 'I bet we can frustrate him into rolling several more goodies if we keep this up.'

Shokai taps his cheek thoughtfully.

Shokai says 'indeed.'

Aarn grins evilly.

Shokai nods wisely.

Salvator (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 07:41 AM

#42708, "A solemn processional"
In response to Reply #0

Your character was both an inspiration and a frustration. Never did you utter a complaint, and frequently you did fall as you charged bravely off to battle, even against overwhelming odds. Stories will be sung of your solo victories against groups of foes, even as ol' Salvator will think of you as a chest-thumping fool.

A good character, true to his roleplay, with appreciable pk prowess. Your sword and your example will be missed. Good luck on your next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42706 Previous topic | Next topic