Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Ortelot the Severed, Cast from the Dar..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42521
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 31-Oct-05 01:48 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42521, "(DELETED) [None] Ortelot the Severed, Cast from the Dark"

Mon Oct 31 00:53:36 2005

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Ortelot perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:142

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Ortelot (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 04:09 AM

#42526, "Well what can I say..."
In response to Reply #0

This character was fun, but it just got boring. I'm a hardcore cabal player and while I enjoyed the freedom of being uncabaled I just prefer not to be. The class itself can be extremely powerful but it takes time and patience and expect a few ass beatings. As far as I remember I only took two pk deaths, but tons of fleeing as well. Both deaths were foolish, once getting caught in SoS by Feichin, another getting caught by Seltun while I was prep'ing to fight him. As a class, the variety of spells you can use and tactics are great. Dam redux or skill evasion. Dam redux with a bit more likely change of lag, skill evasion your going to take some hurting but less likely to get lagged. Its a really advanced class and can be played so many ways.

Now, as for Scion and the booting...

There was a lot of posting about all of it and I kept out of it, though being gone, I'll fill in my side of the story.

I log on, to find out Zilopza and a crew are in Hell. Get invited, but I don't know hell or the way in. Happens that another warrior was trying to get in. Group up with em, go in, get caught up and group up. We continue down into Hell and I get stupid enough to call a Nightwalker. Stupid of me, considered there was an invoker around, but it happened. The entire time I had been suffering from some lag, sometimes bad, sometimes minor. Grinrok (sp) experianced that first hand on the way down. After I called the Nightwalker, the invoker hit it, suffering from the lag, I had enough time to release before it died. Now, being my fault I didn't attack nor did I plan to, and on Valg part I agree that it was a bad call. I had intentions to make rather rude comments though the lag slowed me down a bit until the Archmage started talken. Now I don't agree on Boilards part about it being a 5 minute gap of no one speaking, but it was a bit to long to reply to an imm in that situation. The lag didn't help, but it wasn't just lag either, everyone was a bit confused as to what was being talked about so everyone was sorta sitting around with their thumb up their asses. After I defend my point and keep my role with the Archmage, I was to be killed. Granted, the power of the Transmuter, they can get away from a lot of stuff rather easy. Granted, I died in hell being a lone Transmuter descently far down. Returning to the Archmage the talk went a bit further. I kept role the entire time talking to the Archmage and was even a little sassy. Now, I believe the Archmage/Valg took what I was saying in the wrong way in that I was treating the Nightwalkers like slaves, but regardless I didn't disagree with the uninduction. Sure, people think an imm shouldn't be a pain (no offense valg) when in hell, but what better time is there?

As for good-byes, I'll leave it up to you to post and I'll reply. One exception really...

Ulothrye-We had a few fights, some one on one, some....well you saw
To make a long paragraph short, I was terrified of fighting a paladin with Defiance that hit like you. You saw that one fight where I was in front at the Fortress.

Alright, I think that's it. I met to many people, so just post a reply and I'll see if I can't send somethin back soon.

Ulothrye (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 04:54 AM

#42527, "Geez, I'm running out of enemies."
In response to Reply #1

Granted towards the end you sort of kept your distance but you were a definite pain in the ass several times. I think I lost defiance to you the first time I got it (I had it a whole day ) And then you were a large part in getting me when i got jumped at the fort outer. Anyway, I sometimes wish I didn't even have the sword because most people use it as an excuse not to fight me (maybe a good excuse too).

One of my fonder memories is when I dueled you completely naked and called aristeaia even though I knew I was going down. I thought that our talk before and after that was a great example of good/evil interaction.

Good luck with your next.

Feichin (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 07:09 AM

#42529, "RE: Well what can I say..."
In response to Reply #1

I can't believe I kept finding you in that damned place.
I wish you well on your next though.

Ortelot (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 10:17 PM

#42579, "RE: Well what can I say..."
In response to Reply #3

Yeah, that was aggrevating to say the least. Ran out of movement and had faerie fire on me at the end, not sure how I got the faerie fire, I don't remember you reverting to cast, but you got me regardless, something few others managed. Nice job and hope you have fun!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42521 Previous topic | Next topic