Subject: "(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Yagharek the Retired Emperor of The..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42514
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 30-Oct-05 05:32 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42514, "(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Yagharek the Retired Emperor of Thera, Sheathed Blade"

Sun Oct 30 16:35:37 2005

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Yagharek perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:550

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply So long folks, Yagharek (Guest), 31-Oct-05 01:36 AM, #1
     Reply My ode to Yagharek., Hrugald (Guest), 31-Oct-05 01:46 AM, #2
     Reply You were tough, DurNominator, 31-Oct-05 02:12 AM, #3
     Reply RE: So long folks, Feichin (Guest), 31-Oct-05 07:15 AM, #4
     Reply RE: So long folks, Gvann (Guest), 31-Oct-05 08:12 AM, #5
     Reply Damnations, Harkan (Guest), 31-Oct-05 09:08 AM, #6
     Reply RE: So long folks, Dulmisa (Guest), 31-Oct-05 04:50 PM, #7
     Reply Opposite sentiments of Dulmisa: I hated you, Seiichi (Guest), 31-Oct-05 05:36 PM, #8
     Reply Well done, Aurilinius (Guest), 31-Oct-05 06:56 PM, #9
     Reply RE: So long folks, Khasotholas, 01-Nov-05 06:28 PM, #10
          Reply There were several references to his being in a perma i..., Wondering (Guest), 02-Nov-05 10:32 AM, #11
               Reply I suppose..., Yagharek (Guest), 02-Nov-05 07:20 PM, #12
                    Reply Uhhh..., Wondering (Guest), 03-Nov-05 10:48 AM, #13
                         Reply RE: Uhhh..., Pikel (Guest), 03-Nov-05 12:34 PM, #14
                              Reply RE: Uhhh..., Gergran (Guest), 04-Nov-05 03:03 AM, #15
                              Reply RE: Uhhh..., Evil Genius (Anonymous), 04-Nov-05 04:06 AM, #16
                                   Reply RE: Uhhh..., Pikel (Guest), 04-Nov-05 09:36 AM, #17

Yagharek (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 01:36 AM

#42519, "So long folks"
In response to Reply #0

Once in a blue moon (aka every few years) I make a post. For various reasons I think it detracts from the game. Anyway...Would just like to thank all the imms and players that strive to make this a fun game. And I would like to give a heartfelt "what's wrong with you?" to those who try to ruin it for other people. Fun char, I honestly am sorry i took up the Emperor spot for so long. I imagine sometimes I came off like a prick, but that was a pretty passive guy's attempt at being emperorish. Badeebadeebadee that's all folks!

Hrugald (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 01:46 AM

#42520, "My ode to Yagharek."
In response to Reply #1

who pk

<51 sigil pain> Sigil of Pain, the Emperor of Thera.

whe

(PK) Sigil of Pain -- Nearby

Sigil of Pain has arrived.
Sigil of Pain's substantially less scary buddy has arrived.

co word

Sigil of Pain Sigil of Pains you!
Sigil of Pain's buffness ***OWs*** you!

You have been KILLED!!!

Better stand up first.

DurNominatorMon 31-Oct-05 02:12 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42522, "You were tough"
In response to Reply #1

And you were quite right about posting, I think. I've perceived the same thing when I started posting in forums.

Fought you with at least two chars, neither of them winning you, though Muug took Eade with him when fighting two of you(damn your wrathing polearm and white dragon skin ), while Frearrir didn't really stand a chance against you. You were fair to Muug in gear returning, though as Frearrir I didn't perceive similar behaviour. Frearrir never asked, though.

We'll see if this causes a shift to Imperial hours, as there was some tendency of them to herd around your playing times. Similar shift happened in Outlander after Aesrira croaked, which killed the fun from gank-reliant Atohner. But enough babbling for now.

Good luck for your next!

Muug/Frearrir

Feichin (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 07:15 AM

#42530, "RE: So long folks"
In response to Reply #1

Ouch.. That's about the best way I can describe our interactions.

I'd have to disagree on a personal level on the postings. (Just my 2
cents so take it with a grain of salt) I feel it helps build a sense
of community.

Keep having fun!

Gvann (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 08:12 AM

#42531, "RE: So long folks"
In response to Reply #1

We had good time when we were together against all that pack... And it was very intersting to see all the changes after you was made Emperor Good job!.

Gvan

Harkan (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 09:08 AM

#42532, "Damnations"
In response to Reply #1

Bastard. I waited so patiently for you. Aided your lackeys, and this is how you repay me?!!!

Nice job.

Dulmisa (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 04:50 PM

#42541, "RE: So long folks"
In response to Reply #1

I liked you. More when I croak.

Seiichi (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 05:36 PM

#42548, "Opposite sentiments of Dulmisa: I hated you"
In response to Reply #1

Heh, alright, maybe not. But still, the whole war with the Tribunal was really left field. It was half-hearted and most of the other imperials didn't necessarily believe in it. I remember telling you that when I spoke to some of the imperials, some of them were looking for a way to get you out of the emperor position because of poor dictatorship. You thought I was lying, but I wasn't. I was surprised when I had found out, especially since I wasn't in a position that needed to know that. Anyways, I hated seeing you around (WANTED) during that little war, because I knew I'd have to deal with you in some way or another. Usually I just avoided the conflict and prayed to the gods, hoping that they could instill insight into the pain and anguish you were causing to the cities and civilization. Anyways, you seemed like a solid emperor otherwise, and a skilled warrior. And for that you get some kudos.

Aurilinius (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 06:56 PM

#42551, "Well done"
In response to Reply #1

I posted a bit in my goodbye, but now that you are gone, I'll let you know that the three Sect Leaders, when there wasn't a dread Lord, had a big talk about whether we liked the war with Tribunal. We all decided that we did not like the war, but were trying to figure out how to stop it without you Anathema'ing all three of us, and without trying to get you removed, as none of us wanted to take that path. We decided to have one of us approach you alone, without the other two around, but then, I talked with Seiichi, and he was extremely arrogant with Aurilinius about pretty much our Laws being of no importance. This angered Aurilinius, so he decided to scratch the whole thing and back up the War. Anyway, well played, and thanks for taking the chance on me. We brought the Empire up together, it felt like, from nothing, to having 8 Blades on at once, at one point. Anyway, good luck with the next,
Ciao

KhasotholasTue 01-Nov-05 06:28 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42627, "RE: So long folks"
In response to Reply #1

- I imagine sometimes I came off like a prick, but that was a pretty passive guy's attempt at being emperorish.

You were always on the verge of being a very good Emperor. I just wished you'd stuck to things a little more, and communicated what your orders were about, and what direction you wanted to take the Empire. You were nasty personally, I just wish you'd been a bit more nasty globally!

Good job all around though.

Wondering (Guest)Wed 02-Nov-05 10:32 AM

#42655, "There were several references to his being in a perma i..."
In response to Reply #10

Why was nothing ever done, since OOC contacts and permacrap is supposed to be a no-no? Particularly for a cabal leader.

Yagharek (Guest)Wed 02-Nov-05 07:20 PM

#42659, "I suppose..."
In response to Reply #11

I suppose because they were unfounded and libelous claims. Were they valid claims and not just blatant disparagements, I imagine something would have been done.

Wondering (Guest)Thu 03-Nov-05 10:48 AM

#42677, "Uhhh..."
In response to Reply #12

Man, they were comments made by the staff, with no prompting from mortals. The imms (so it has been repeatedly said) do not make judgements about ooc connections and permagrouping based on just one or two peoples say so. Did you actually read the PBF's mentioned? It was stated as a matter of fact by immortals, not just something that sounded like speculation to me.

From your PBF...
Sat Sep 24 11:27:30 2005 by 'Sebeok' at level 51 (494 hrs):
Not impressive. May need to recruit and spam-promote more ooc friends since he's only tough in groups of 5+.

MORE OOC friends implies you had already done this, and needed to do it MORE. Now, from Zortugs...

Sat Sep 24 11:24:53 2005 by 'Sebeok' at level 51 (186 hrs):
Yagharek's bitch and ooc bud. Promoted from oath to sect leader in a week. Shame they still aren't very good even when always together.

That says it out loud. No "implication" at all in that comment. Thats a statement by an imm about you being tied to an OOC perma. Thats not vague, it's not a maybe, it was a solid "this is how it is" statement from an immortal about you. It had nothing at all to do with any mortals complaints or speculations.

My question was, and remains, if the immortals can make bold statements about you like this, why was nothing done? The question really wasn't directed to you, because you're not an immortal. I'm not trying to be combative, I'm not trying to denegrate your character, but you are the (unfortunate) example at hand. I want to know why if they see these things and can make statements of fact about them, was nothing done?

Pikel (Guest)Thu 03-Nov-05 12:34 PM

#42681, "RE: Uhhh..."
In response to Reply #13

How do you presume to know that nothing was done?

Maybe his luck stat was set to 0. Maybe he only thought he could parry at 100% effectiveness. Maybe he had a bad, bad, bad, case of genital warts that just never became evident ic.

Or maybe, the immortals figured they'd give him a pass.

I'm just saying, how do you know nothing was done?

Your friend,

Moridin

Gergran (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 03:03 AM

#42704, "RE: Uhhh..."
In response to Reply #14

Didn't know you were still around

Evil Genius (inactive user)Fri 04-Nov-05 04:06 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #14

>How do you presume to know that nothing was done?
>
>Maybe his luck stat was set to 0. Maybe he only thought he
>could parry at 100% effectiveness. Maybe he had a bad, bad,
>bad, case of genital warts that just never became evident ic.
>
>Or maybe, the immortals figured they'd give him a pass.
>
>I'm just saying, how do you know nothing was done?
>
>Your friend,
>
>Moridin

One might presume that negative impacts upon his character would be recorded in his "immortal comments", or at the very least, alluded to.

Pikel (Guest)Fri 04-Nov-05 09:36 AM

#42718, "RE: Uhhh..."
In response to Reply #16

In my estimation immortal comments are likely thoroughly edited before publishing in a PBF. Just a guess though.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42514 Previous topic | Next topic