Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Seiichi Grey the Elder Monk of the Cra..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42510
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 29-Oct-05 01:20 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42510, "(DELETED) [None] Seiichi Grey the Elder Monk of the Crane"

Sat Oct 29 13:24:38 2005

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Seiichi perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:338

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply What a great experience!, Seiichi (Guest), 31-Oct-05 04:50 PM, #6
Reply RE: What a great experience!, Fendracorl (Guest), 31-Oct-05 05:42 PM, #11
Reply Dealing with you was something else., Falun (Guest), 31-Oct-05 08:49 PM, #12
Reply RE: What a great experience!, Crullen (Guest), 01-Nov-05 12:11 AM, #14
Reply Goodbyes, Dalteric, 01-Nov-05 10:46 AM, #15
Reply Which reminds me..., Straklaw, 01-Nov-05 01:10 PM, #16
Reply RE: What a great experience!, Kaazra (Guest), 01-Nov-05 09:42 PM, #17
Reply You recently played a Battle rager didn't you?, Kyn (Guest), 31-Oct-05 01:33 PM, #5
Reply Nope. Never played a battle rager, Seiichi (Guest), 31-Oct-05 05:01 PM, #8
     Reply Simply because you had a written assignment, Kyn (Guest), 31-Oct-05 11:38 PM, #13
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Seiichi Grey the Elder Monk of the..., Whelan (Guest), 31-Oct-05 12:02 PM, #4
Reply Ah, Whelan., Seiichi (Guest), 31-Oct-05 05:07 PM, #9
     Reply As an aside, Seiichi (Guest), 31-Oct-05 05:09 PM, #10
Reply Thanks..., Meagara (Guest), 31-Oct-05 10:02 AM, #3
Reply No, thank you., Seiichi (Guest), 31-Oct-05 05:00 PM, #7
Reply Ouch! A very bad time for the Spire!, Ornerne (Guest), 29-Oct-05 01:47 PM, #1
     Reply NOOOOOOOOOO!, Volicitry (Guest), 29-Oct-05 06:11 PM, #2

Seiichi (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 04:50 PM

#42542, "What a great experience!"
In response to Reply #0

Seiichi was a great amount of fun throughout the majority of his time in Carrion Fields. I can attribute this fun to the good, quality characters I met along the way, the diversity in the politics that the players dictate, and definitely a game well thought out and balanced.

It was Seiichi's belief that he would find atonement for his sins by living a life of peace and protection, and that he would ascend to the heavens if he had lived righteously. The Tribunal was the monkhood to Seiichi, where he would live to uphold the peace and protection of the cities. There were flaws here and there along the way, but with his guided reason, he took it as a learning experience and knew how to resolve the mistakes he made. His faith in Dalteric also helped him to press on in difficult situations, which let me tell you, there were certainly some rough times. But that didn't matter, it made for a really well rounded experience.

As for people inside the Tribunal, I'm not certain what most of you thought about Seiichi. In the beginning there was a lot of negativity about not raiding the Outlanders, because Seiichi believed in peace. Especially a lot more in his younger, more naive years. But a lot of that changed as he got older and grew wiser to their ways. Seiichi saw all of the magistrates as his brothers and sisters, even before he was promoted to Provost. The Tribunal was his monkhood, and he would have done anything for anyone of the magistrates. At one point, I remember telling someone that sometimes he felt love for the other magistrates, and that he had hoped it wouldn't interfere with his calculations, reason and leading. I thoroughly enjoyed everyone in the Tribunal, and I hope you had/having a good experience.

For people outside of the Tribunal, well, Seiichi had a really hard time trusting anyone else. Especially if they didn't seek the "monkhood" on their own. While some people experienced a really good side to Seiichi, others did not. I think Seiichi started off more nice, helpful and generous while young. But as he grew older, he began to grow more into the position of Provost. There was a large distaste for criminals, and especially the Outlanders, who would rather seek to diminish the "monkhood" to nothing. It was difficult to reach Seiichi's mind, or his heart. So there were probably a lot of people that disliked him for this, but it was just the way he was. For those outside the Tribunal that did find a place there with Seiichi, it was fortunate, and hopefully, at times, rewarding through RP and generosity.

Individual good-byes:

Dalteric: Thank you so much for the opportunity to be your first tattooee. I'm not sure if I lived up to your expectations or not, but I really tried hard to be a good priest in your name. I'll mention one thing that I really didn't like, and that was if I wanted anything (i.e. empowerment, conversation) then it was me who had to approach you. I never knew if you were around, and it seems like you rarely talk to many of the magistrates, except for a few promotions here and there. I would definitely like to see you getting into the bunch more. But I suppose it is just the way you are and the way you handle yourself. For the good parts though, every time we spoke, my mind was twisted and challenged by the pure genius of your thoughts and questions. It was what I admired and looked forward to when talking to you. I knew I would always come out with some new aspect. As for the writings I was telling you about, they had been finished for a long time, but I wanted to wait until I was older (seemed more wise). I just had this imagine of an old man sitting down to a desk and writing up some scrolls, and I wanted that to happen. Then I sort of betrayed myself and you towards the end, and felt as though I had lost faith. And who would want to read anything from a fallen monk? Anyways, thanks again for the inductions, empowerment, tattoo and whatnot. And by the way, was I ever going to get anymore skills??? I was always hoping one day that you'd just either see me in the monastery or you'd call me there to show me something new! I would've definitely gotten motivated from that. See you in the fields Tribunal guy in the sky.

Fendracorl: You were definitely one of Seiichi's good friends. You would do anything to help any magistrate, and that is awesome! You are really intelligent and wise, and I think you play the part of the wise svirf really well. It has been a long time since I've seen someone really take that path, and have it reflect in everything they do. From the calculated fights, to the well-thought-out roleplay. I like everything about this character.

Kaazra: Believe it or not, right before you were inducted, I had just gotten done telling someone that I wouldn't induct any evils into Tribunal. You and Falun were the definite exception. I had decided that evil people applying for Tribunal would undergo much scrutiny, or at least more than most of the others. You did really well. You had a lot of intelligence, and when I saw that Kaazra was your first Tribunal (am I right in saying that?) I was astonished. You seemed like a veteran Tribunal player. You had a lot of good views on the interpretation of the law, and handled yourself real well in both success and defeat. Sorry that your elixir failed!

Ornerne: Another one of Seiichi's real good, and dependable warrior friends. I knew that with you around the trouble would just go away. And I know you know this to be true. You helped instill a certain fear into people. I remember there would be times that two or three Outlanders would be raiding for the fetish back, then you'd log on, and all the attacks would stop. Great vindicator in my opinion, and great weapon and legacy spec choices to really get the job done. You were a damn fine Tribunal too. I thought it was pretty amusing how you said that you had killed more criminals than placed flags. I'll assume that was a helping factor in getting the promotion to vindicator.

Falun: Another good vindicator. You are real quiet, and you like to stir up stuff with Kaazra. You and Kaazra together brought a lot of headache to Seiichi with your countless raids at the Fortress and Scions. But, there was never anything I could (or would've) done about it, because it is in your off time, and you were both exceptional magistrates. I hope you continue on the good path you're on.

Jaraffazar: What gives? Where'd you go to? Anyways, you were definitely the most deadly vindicator I have seen in a long time. A shame you just don't play very often, or at least that is what I gathered. Good and robust character. You had a ton of energy all the time, and you were real level-headed. Hope to see you more often.

Boca: Great character, great heart. I said most of what was needed in your good-bye letter.

Volicitry: Real good magistrate, and also a ton of energy. You were always looking to do more and accomplish more. In my book, that counted for a lot. You were really tough for me to evaluate for promotions and whatnot. But towards the end of Seiichi's life, you really shined. I hope you stick around the Tribunal for a while. Good luck!

Braeburn: We didn't see a whole lot of eachother, but when we did, I always felt a tension from you. I remember we had some disagreements, but that in no way affected how I felt about you. You were a solid magistate with a good clean slate. I always asked to hear other people's opinions and thoughts and whatnot, and I was sincere. So when you came to me as you did, I liked it. Good character, though I didn't learn much about you outside of the Tribunal, as far as religion goes. You definitely got the thumbs up in the interview.

Well, I'm at work right now and don't have access to the list of people I knew. I'll get some more written down when I get back home. If you'd like to write something in the meantime, I'll probably get the chance to read it this evening, and I'll respond when time permits. Hope to hear from you all!

Fendracorl (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 05:42 PM

#42549, "RE: What a great experience!"
In response to Reply #6

I came into tribunals under Dazan. He flew out quickly, then Zimel. You got picked, and things took a definite change. I know you took a lot of flak for some of the policies (e.g. the peace w/ outlanders) but you did try a lot to really own the position, and I liked working under you. I did hear plenty of complaints from some of the other magistrates, and occasionally felt like going to smack some people who were killing us, but in the end it worked out--we still hold that fun moral high ground.

We worked really well together, and I looked forward to us both being on duty. I will admit you helped me take matter seriously more often than not, which did add to a whole sense of professionalism.

Anyway, it really is too bad you are gone, I figured you in for the long haul, and ouch on the long week of losses.

Falun (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 08:49 PM

#42556, "Dealing with you was something else."
In response to Reply #6

The anti-evil sentiment good definetly be felt and ...well to keep it short..it was no fun. Do not make the game no fun. I also have to take issue with two of your statements.

1) We dont raid!
2) I'm not on a <i>good</i> path.

You should have stuck it out. I would of loved being your boss

Anyway, trib is down another solid player and that stinks. See you around.

Crullen (Guest)Tue 01-Nov-05 12:11 AM

#42584, "RE: What a great experience!"
In response to Reply #6

Thanks for the talks, wish we could have had more. Your help was much appreciated.

DaltericTue 01-Nov-05 10:46 AM
Member since 26th Jun 2005
82 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42603, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #6

High praise, I must say. You weren't the first empoweree I'd had, and in some ways your role went against the general storyline that Dalteric had. That being said, you did a good job of understanding and dealing with things. I recall watching your discussions with Kyn, and others, and thinking how appropriately you acted.
You also very much fell into the role I wanted with the writings and thinkings, and all that other jazz.

Turning briefly to some of your comments, I will say that Dalteric isn't apt to reach out much, there is a lot of formality in his relations with others. As to your question on various poses, until things started to go downhill I was thinking about teaching you more.

I did very much regret having to demote you, and then your eventual decision to delete--I felt you did a lot in making tribunal more of what I want for it.

You left a high bar for the next tribunal tattooee, and was a good character all around. Congratulations and good luck with the next time, and I honestly hope you had fun both as a follower & as a provost.

StraklawTue 01-Nov-05 01:10 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#42608, "Which reminds me..."
In response to Reply #15

I wanted to point out Seiichi's comments about a VERY different view inside Tribunal to outside. I was much on the outside, and wanted to point out that it's a very good example of where people can be RPing awesomely, but when you're on the enemy side, you just don't get the same feel.

I always felt Seiichi was RPing well, but nothing extravagant. Then again, Seiichi just wasn't going to like my character. In the meantime, there's all these comments about how absolutely awesome he was, which I don't doubt.

All in all, well done, Seiichi. I'm just as happy I don't have to put up with the overpowered bullsh*tness of healers w/ provost lieutenants!!!!!

Kaazra (Guest)Tue 01-Nov-05 09:42 PM

#42636, "RE: What a great experience!"
In response to Reply #6

Thank you for your kind words, Kaazra was indeed my first tribunal character. We had a few in-character disagreements regarding policy and I admit I often tried to influence other magistrates into disagreeing with many of your statutes. Your whole scheme of peace with the Outlanders lead to some really rough times for the Spire and boy was I glad that you let up on that. I am sure it was quite obvious, but I was gunning for your provost seat for most of my tour of duty. I did so mostly out of a sense of duty to change policies that my character thought were unjust or foolish in the extreme. That said, I did not press as hard for you to be unseated as I could have. If my Becomming was a success I was convinced I could wait you out and you'd either die or stab yourself in the foot. Anyway, I hope your next character is as fun and great (or moreso) as this one was.

All the best,
Kaazra

On a side note, my character before Kaazra was Maztriel.

Kyn (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 01:33 PM

#42537, "You recently played a Battle rager didn't you?"
In response to Reply #0

Within a year or so?

Seiichi (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 05:01 PM

#42544, "Nope. Never played a battle rager"
In response to Reply #5

Why do you ask though?

Kyn (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 11:38 PM

#42583, "Simply because you had a written assignment"
In response to Reply #8

requirement for induction.

I'm in college and that just pissed me off.

It happened with a rager character of mine, Svi, and I just out right refused to do it.

Whelan (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 12:02 PM

#42536, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Seiichi Grey the Elder Monk of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Good Provost. i could tell you were getting a little bored there at the end, or at least i think, but i really enjoyed your character, more as Boca, because we had more interaction, but still a solid leader. Since i have not been in the fields lately, and i am a little confused about why you werent retired as Provost Magistrate? Any insight into this would be interesting to hear.

Seiichi (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 05:07 PM

#42545, "Ah, Whelan."
In response to Reply #4

A magistrate with good intent. I'm not really too sure what happened exactly, but it seemed like you rode yourself pretty hard on it. I honestly had no idea you were Boca too. But now knowing, I can sort of see the similiarities in fighting style. Whelan is proof that not everytime will a character be successful . Boca was an outstanding character with the heart of a lion. Whelan just didn't have the same fire and passion from what I could tell. I hope you don't chalk Whelan up to a bad experience, but rather, as a learning experience. We've all had our really successful characters, and our not-so-successful characters. But in no way can any of them be seen as a bad experience.

Hope to see you around the Tribunal again.

Seiichi (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 05:09 PM

#42547, "As an aside"
In response to Reply #9

I don't think I got the whole "retired provost" thing because I left the tribunal as a magistrate of voralian city. So I wasn't really retired when I decided to leave. Maybe retired magistrate wouldn't been appropriate, if I hadn't deleted about an hour after I asked to be removed. It probably just wasn't thought of, or didn't really matter. So, no biggy there.

Meagara (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 10:02 AM

#42533, "Thanks..."
In response to Reply #0

Seiichi, it was a pleasure. I always enjoyed the roleplay with you. All of our talks about Law and Good and all of that, top notch RP on your end, that's for sure. You made good use of the dynamic between doing your duty and serving the light. Made for some interesting RP choices for you.

You were a very good ally to have around, too, aside from the roleplay. In combat you always acted like I thought a good healer should, in that you were more concerned about your groupmates dying than yourself.

I've got a few logs of our interactions and such that I'll post at some point.

Oh and I really think that Dreaa's comment in your imm comments on the PBF about me was unfair, since she obviously didn't see the whole thing between you and me, but oh well.

I hope you enjoyed your char and our interactions as much as I did.

Good luck with your next!

Seiichi (Guest)Mon 31-Oct-05 05:00 PM

#42543, "No, thank you."
In response to Reply #3

I really appreciated Meagara's character. Often times, I would look for her, and hope to see her around. The time we spent together was enjoyable, indepth and always in character. Our views on many things were parallel, and on other things couldn't have been more adverse. I would have done anything for Meagara. So when she confronted Seiichi and saying that he was basically a tool of the darkness by helping Tribunal's from dying, he took it kind of personal. Which that probably goes against his beliefs, but you were special to him. I had even wondered if we could consider each other friends after some happenings, but you would always reassure him otherwise. Great character with some really deep thoughts. I think I caught onto the golden dragon pretty quickly, and I think that is a great touch. Having knowledge of Ofcol means you've probably been around a while. So you know what you are doing, which is evident. I think there are a couple category's that veteran players fall into: The have all knowledge and use it to kill everything in sight, and then the have all knowledge and use it to my advantage and derive roleplay from it. You definitely capture the latter. Good to see this caliber of character in the hands of a good player.

As for Dreaa's comment, well, I think you're right. We have a pretty good history together, and I think the only people who could truly understand what happened there was you and I. Thanks for pointing that out and backing it up.

I would love to see some logs. I don't typically log anything, but I have a few that are religion related. I should have gotten our conversations too. Thanks for hanging onto them.

Keep up the great Maran duty. You're doing awesome from what I could tell. As if being Marshall, having a leader weapon, and a title related to your role isn't evidence enough.. :-P

See you in the fields.

Ornerne (Guest)Sat 29-Oct-05 01:47 PM

#42511, "Ouch! A very bad time for the Spire!"
In response to Reply #0

Well, we had a good run. Already said goodbyes. Again, great job with the spire. Luck to you on your next!

Volicitry (Guest)Sat 29-Oct-05 06:11 PM

#42512, "NOOOOOOOOOO!"
In response to Reply #1

ahh hell this is starten to suck pretty bad! Thanks for everything you did, Finally made Provincial with your help! Going to miss you very much! Great Character

Damnded! Rough times ahead for the Spire!
Volicitry

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42510 Previous topic | Next topic