Subject: "Ornerne is gone..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42446
Show all folders

Ornerne (Guest)Thu 27-Oct-05 09:00 AM

#42446, "Ornerne is gone..."

Well, as Kaazra pointed out, I was getting bored with this character. I'm ready for something new. My first hero, first vindicator. Had a blast. Thanks Dalteric for Vindicator. I think I had mostly good relations with most everyone, even most outlanders that I interacted with. I guess some goodbyes...

I will just touch on some of those I interacted with most, if I miss ya, give me a reply and I'll reply.

Tribunal:
Seiichi, heh. We had a lot of fun times. Thanks for the all the prayer lessons and teaching me more of Dalteric's religion. Despite all #### that has been said about you from people who probably never actually interacted with you, you were a damned fine Provost and priest. You brought leadership and direction to the Spire. Good luck to you.

Volicitry, we had some good times. Getting wasted in Akan was a blast. Heh. You are solid Magistrate, keep it up and I know you will go far.

Whelan, man you are good to have around. Always willing to jump in and do whatever came our way. Made some mistakes as a Magistrate, but all around a great job.

Outlanders:
Aryze, well we definately saw each other quite a bit. As I told you, it was soo damned tempting to just pincer your ass sitting on the high road outside the spire while you raided. Heh. The lemur was always a pain in my ass. I always had kind of a soft spot for you, saw you die often and against the odds most times. Good times when you around.

Atcherne(sp?) Heh, we always had our fights from mid ranks on up. You learned that I had chargeset the hard way, I think. You were always around, and I had no freaking clue most of the time. I would goto raid againt two people I knew were on, and all the sudden there you were from nowhere. Making it that much more difficult. You tried to get me in the veran that once, and I thought I was going to be done for when I was snared, but I managed to get myself out of that mess. Good ranger.

Fortress:
There were several of you I talked to here and there, but not very much. Had a couple good fights with some of you. Ulo, we had a damned close fight, it was a lot of fun. Forsk, you rat bastard you. Heh, you always whooped me pretty good. It was frustrating to see you as a criminal and try and go after you. Thanks for not trying to kill me outright most of the time.

Village:
Eh, not much to say here... Dargmart, you bastard. I can't count how many weapons of mine you broke. You were always a pain in the ass. Rtisork, again, you whooped me. Varthas, you are mean in combat, that fight might have been different if I had not clicked on the damned prefrences button in zmud on accident. Heh, I was pissed at myself for that retardedness. Aladar, you too wrecked me. Good bard.

Scion:
Kargthar, what can I say. I hated you. You talked soo much #### and never really backed it up except to say you would get all the other scions and gang me down... You were the only character Ornerne would take all of their gear from because Ornerne thought you to be irrational and foolish.

Zilopza, only a few times we managed to talk. I guess we weren't really on the best of terms. I did some foolish things when the character was young and as Ornerne got older, he tried to get wiser.
Congratulations on Imming.

Well, I can't think too much more, I need to get to bed before I have to goto work in a couple hours. I'm tired and I'm sure I've forgotten some people, apologies. Thanks to Imms and players for making this one a lot of fun for me for a while.

P.S. Criminals, you have to be absolutely retarded to spit on someone who has all of your gear you are wanting back. There were soo many times I was going to give back everything except weapons, and I was spit on, presumably for taking all of your gear... Don't be retarded if you want your stuff...

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Ornerne is gone..., Seiichi (Guest), 29-Oct-05 07:11 AM, #12
Reply RE: Ornerne is gone..., Atchertene (Guest), 28-Oct-05 05:55 PM, #11
Reply I respected you., Hrugald (Guest), 28-Oct-05 12:15 PM, #10
Reply RE: Ornerne is gone..., Zilopza, 28-Oct-05 11:28 AM, #9
Reply RE: Ornerne is gone..., Dalteric, 28-Oct-05 08:18 AM, #8
Reply You were one of the few minotaurs that didn't come off ..., Quezzumpliet, 27-Oct-05 07:36 PM, #7
Reply Damn you were annoying, Tanr (Guest), 27-Oct-05 07:09 PM, #6
Reply hmm, Aryze (Guest), 27-Oct-05 04:17 PM, #5
Reply Hah! Remeber the PEN, Volicitry (Guest), 27-Oct-05 03:27 PM, #4
Reply RE: Ornerne is gone..., Varthas (Guest), 27-Oct-05 03:26 PM, #3
Reply Can believe your gone......, Whelan (Guest), 27-Oct-05 10:58 AM, #2
Reply RE: Ornerne is gone..., Salvator (Guest), 27-Oct-05 09:42 AM, #1

Seiichi (Guest)Sat 29-Oct-05 07:11 AM

#42506, "RE: Ornerne is gone..."
In response to Reply #0

Seiichi, heh. We had a lot of fun times. Thanks for the all the prayer lessons and teaching me more of Dalteric's religion. Despite all #### that has been said about you from people who probably never actually interacted with you, you were a damned fine Provost and priest. You brought leadership and direction to the Spire. Good luck to you.

What to say about Ornerne? I could always count on Ornerne in just about any situation. You did the Vindicator role well. You were a good companion, willing to risk yourself to help others (me especially). But you were in good hands all of those times, usually. We both sort of started together I think, and climbed up the ranks. You had a good head on your shoulders. Something about this character that stood out was your patience and careful evaluation. And it is for these reasons that you prospered in the Tribunal. We had that mix up in the Valley of Veran, but in the end, it all got sorted out. I remember you trying to help me out there as much as you could, and I appreciated it. I think a lot of people missed the leadership and direction I tried to bring to the Tribunal, but that's alright. I'm glad I actually got a good comment on a slough of terrible comments. Good and solid character all around, and hope to see more from you.

Atchertene (Guest)Fri 28-Oct-05 05:55 PM

#42500, "RE: Ornerne is gone..."
In response to Reply #0

Ornerne was one of my favorite enemies, and one of the only Tribbies that would leave the city without the odds being heavily in their favor. There were definately some times when charge set made me want to delete and roll and polearm spec. Grr charge set. All in all good char, luck with your next. There's lots of room in the Tree. haha

Hrugald (Guest)Fri 28-Oct-05 12:15 PM

#42488, "I respected you."
In response to Reply #0

Talked to you a few times, and you seemed that very rare thing, the honest Tribunal.

You weren't arrogant, didn't seem corrupt. You and Fendacorl both were cool.

You'll be missed.

ZilopzaFri 28-Oct-05 11:28 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2005
6 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42483, "RE: Ornerne is gone..."
In response to Reply #0

Yep, didnt like you that much in char... But alas you cant win them all. What bothered me was that you came to the chasm, just standing there waiting for any scion to return to the chasm and attack us, protecting the fortress members when they took the scepter and no of the scions was wanted. But it happend only one time...

Anyways, good luck on your next.

DaltericFri 28-Oct-05 08:18 AM
Member since 26th Jun 2005
82 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42480, "RE: Ornerne is gone..."
In response to Reply #0

I really liked Ornerne, and you were another one who I could have seen being provost. You did seem to play less, especially after some bad deaths which I can tell you we were rooting for you. Anyway, a shame you're gone--we have lost some good kids this week. I do hope you enjoyed vindicator, I know there were csome comments at having three, but I'd like to see more opportunity for people to try different things--though no one seems to want justiciar!

Anyway, congrats, good luck, and come back soon.

QuezzumplietThu 27-Oct-05 07:35 PM
Member since 26th Jul 2003
128 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#42466, "You were one of the few minotaurs that didn't come off ..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 27-Oct-05 07:36 PM

...as an idiot and that is a rare thing. I got the impression of a being capable of wisdom trapped behind the peech inspediment rather than being a simpleton.

You were around alot and reasonably consistent with your time and the amount of time you were vigilant. You deserved vindicator and I only regret not being around to watch you in action.

As for the couple those couple random deaths no worries. It happens when you explore new areas. It was the asshole ranger who took it all that ticked me off.

--Ixullathan

Tanr (Guest)Thu 27-Oct-05 07:09 PM

#42465, "Damn you were annoying"
In response to Reply #0

I sent you running the very first time you tried to raid Outlander and then you promptly came back with 4 of your friends and I rushed right in all cocky and got 2 rounded.

After that I kept trying to find a way for an invoker to beat you, changing tactics and looking for a weak spot. Being my first invoker, I didn't know squat, but I still never managed to find you weakness.

Consequently, I helped inflate your pk ratio a bit. Okay, more than a bit.

That said, you were much less of an ass amongst the Tribunals about returning gear than any of the good aligned folks were. And since I was an elf, that pissed me off about the supposed goodies in the Spire.

So props on playing a tough ass warrior to fight from my perspective.

Tanrillinael, the suicidal elven invoker

Aryze (Guest)Thu 27-Oct-05 04:17 PM

#42460, "hmm"
In response to Reply #0

I do hope this had nothing to do with...your inability to try to kill me some more. Fun times usually with you around, I thought it was funny that I could graze people to writhing/convulsing...hehe. I tried to understand your mino speech, and I think I got a bit better at it.

And those times you gave me all my gear back, I was completely surprised, thanks for it anyway, I am not fond of regearing, and it saved me some time. See ya around in the fields soon.

Volicitry (Guest)Thu 27-Oct-05 03:27 PM

#42456, "Hah! Remeber the PEN"
In response to Reply #0

Your was the funniest fellar to watch play! Weh did have a blast together! Going to miss you! Fighten with the pen an watching you die was a hoot! Made me laugh right off my fricken chair!

Volicitry

Varthas (Guest)Thu 27-Oct-05 03:26 PM

#42455, "RE: Ornerne is gone..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, kudos for coming to face me alone. I don't know that there was too much different you could have done in that fight, you dropped your weapons pretty quickly...Should have called me out, if you thought you could beat me

Whelan (Guest)Thu 27-Oct-05 10:58 AM

#42449, "Can believe your gone......"
In response to Reply #0

I didnt even know you were gone, til i looked for my own posting and saw yours. I never would have Heroed without you, first one ever, thanks. You showed me a lot of thing that will, hopefully, make my future characters better then this one. I really liked your character, and i had fun running around and getting into little adventures with you. Good luck with your next.

Salvator (Guest)Thu 27-Oct-05 09:42 AM

#42447, "RE: Ornerne is gone..."
In response to Reply #0

Oh man! Just last night several Forties were planning on IC interaction with you. Too little too late, I guess.

The only downside I saw to interacting with you was trying to understand Moo, but that is hardly a criticism of your playing of 'Ornery'. Yours was a good solid character. You will be missed.

Good luck on your next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42446 Previous topic | Next topic