Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Trevor the Master of the Astral" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42263
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 23-Oct-05 02:36 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42263, "(DELETED) [None] Trevor the Master of the Astral"

Sun Oct 23 14:37:41 2005

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Trevor perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:32
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:45

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DurNominatorSun 23-Oct-05 04:09 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42277, "Weeding out the bad seeds."
In response to Reply #0

Such as Trevor. I have far better characters in the field than Trevor was. Trevor's RP grew shallow and I saw that it was time to end the conjurer experiment.

Initially, Trevor the conjurer was a joke, named after magical Trevor. Trevor had two goals. One was to try how conjurer familiars work and the other was to RP a sphere gluttony character, the latter failing pitifully in my opinion, Trevor being as plausible as American mall-Santa(another fat man, though he might be pillow-enhanced), the one who keeps saying ho ho ho.

The good part of his RP was interaction with his familiar, Bob the owl, who was properly treated as a person. There were good moments as Trevor, but I sensed that they had come to an end.

Trevor wasn't a disaster PK-wise, resulting to two PK wins, two PK losses(both after a mad charge towards the enemy) and two servitor deaths. He was wanted twice.

"Verbal logs"

PK wins:

Killed a necromancer in Balator. A quick kill, angel beating him up swiftly.

One win against Imperial assassin at north gate of Hamsah. Angel disarmed the assassin and he died there, without making a successful attempt to get away.

Both were easy, effortless kills.

PK deaths:

One PK death to lifeshielded Gralez the anti-paladin, who had Hero healer help. I was smart to run to the Chasm to fight him indeed, after hunting him for an hour or so with Bob the owl as aerial radar. The angel attacked Gralez in Hamsah, leading to Fendracorl warranting Trevor for it(and no, blatant denial of the deed didn't get the warrant removed) and the A-P running to Chasm, to where Trevor followed and faced his doom against lifeshielded foe. Stupid death indeed caused by the frustration of the long chase. This was also a grand failure of "go fishing" conjurer tactic where opponent is lagged by swinging a net on him. This was due to a dark-elf patroller disarming Trevor half an hour earlier and Trevor leaving Trevor fighting the AP by the means of Noble Art of Fisticuffs.

The second death was caused by Trevor the conjurer following Ukionem the orc. The chase ended in Galadon, leading to Trevor standing next to Ukionem in an obvious "kill me"-position, Bob the owl faithfully by his side. Ukionem granted this deathwish. The angel put up a good fight, but this wasn't enough to kill the orc. I've played an orc and should have known better. Murgh would have kicked the conjies ass too. Not to mention that I tried to "finish off" the half-dead orc with servitor aggro when Trevor had only 153 hp(27%) left.

I'd say that both were easy, effortless kills for my opponents too.

Servitor deaths:

As it is often said, a careless conjurer's worst enemies are his own servitors. The first servitor death came after Trevor tried to conjure an angel without a circle, in level 25, in order to kill "Twiggy" the goth girl necromancer, who was loitering nearby. Needless to say, the angel was aggro and killed Trevor. After this, "Twiggy" looted Trevor's corpse and sacrificed all the food, which was devastating to the gluttonous conjurer. This may or may not have something to do with the fact that Trevor had called her malnourished in the past. For Trevor's defence, we can say that a person cryptically called "elf" backed up his decision to call the angel. Needless to say that "elf" was biased and was known to hold some grudge against "Twiggy". Needless to say, "elf" wasn't a conjurer and thus blissfully unaware of the dangers of the trade.

The other servitor death was simple. Trevor dismissed an elemental that weakened his circle, then summoned another one, only to find it aggro. Great was his surprise when he found the circle suddenly gone and the elemental proceeding to kick his ass. This was my first experience of circle failing. As a sidenote, the elemental was clearly a magistrate material, as Trevor was WANTED during the time.

Trevor the conjie

LhydiaSun 23-Oct-05 06:01 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42289, "But everyone loved you! The tricks that you did were e..."
In response to Reply #1

Even here I will haunt you. Muahahaha.

=Pookle

DurNominatorMon 24-Oct-05 03:19 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42302, "It was good that you got a laugh about it"
In response to Reply #2

In the end, the name did turn against him. But not in the form of Magical Trevor. Though it was good that you had fun because of it. I didn't have leathery leathery whip to do the magic in a little click, but I did try to use net for PK tricks that leathery leathery whip was good for, in other words, lagging, though I did find the net missing when I actually tried to use it(it had been disarmed half an hour earlier).

A terrible urge to write "yeah yeah yeah the cow is back. Back back back from it's magical journey. What did it see?" after that second but instead of my real point made me almost forget it.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42263 Previous topic | Next topic