Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Elements" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42155
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 21-Oct-05 01:32 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42155, "(AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Elements"

Fri Oct 21 01:34:01 2005

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Iliena perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:672

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..., Kiel (Guest), 22-Oct-05 12:54 PM, #20
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..., Zarkla, 21-Oct-05 01:02 PM, #5
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..., Isildur, 21-Oct-05 01:34 PM, #10
Reply You should have been an elf, Endalion (Guest), 21-Oct-05 02:40 PM, #12
     Reply RE: You should have been an elf, Zarkla, 21-Oct-05 05:13 PM, #15
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..., Koai (Guest), 21-Oct-05 04:51 PM, #13
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..., Zarkla, 21-Oct-05 05:15 PM, #16
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..., Whelan (Guest), 21-Oct-05 10:47 AM, #4
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..., Zarkla, 21-Oct-05 01:05 PM, #6
Reply 1254 years!, Idren (Guest), 21-Oct-05 10:45 AM, #3
Reply RE: 1254 years!, Zarkla, 21-Oct-05 01:12 PM, #7
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..., Eerolyin (Guest), 21-Oct-05 10:11 AM, #2
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..., Zarkla, 21-Oct-05 01:19 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..., Eerolyin (Guest), 21-Oct-05 05:08 PM, #14
Reply I suppose I'll start.., Arminas (Guest), 21-Oct-05 07:50 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I suppose I'll start.., Zarkla, 21-Oct-05 01:32 PM, #9
          Reply RE: I suppose I'll start.., Curious George (Guest), 21-Oct-05 02:37 PM, #11
          Reply RE: I suppose I'll start.., Zarkla, 21-Oct-05 05:18 PM, #17
          Reply Note, Arminas (Guest), 22-Oct-05 02:25 AM, #18
               Reply Note Addition, Arminas (Guest), 22-Oct-05 09:43 AM, #19

Kiel (Guest)Sat 22-Oct-05 12:54 PM

#42207, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..."
In response to Reply #0

Hi. I still remember you were younger than me. Now I'm playing another character who's talked to you a bit. Glad to see you've accomplished what I could not (die through non-deletion methods). Have fun with your next huh... and elf invokers are really a pain. 1.5 hp per level below human. That's 75 natural below human I'm not sure the 1 wis and 2 int are all that worth it except for saving time on spells. But elves are cool, we'd still play them even if they had a 1000 exp pen .

ZarklaFri 21-Oct-05 01:02 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2003
43 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42168, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, first off, I would like to say, Bah! Never play an elf to die of old age.

Anyways with that said. I was often quite disappointed with this character, mostly because she never went out to auctaly attempt to take part in much. But then she did meet the goals she had set for herself. But overall she managed to keep sane, though a bit chaotic in her older ages certainly more so than she should have been, due to her time spent with Outlanders and a little snap in her own personallity.

Now for farewells, well thats not particarly possible considering the large pile of people I have seen. Just four people I would like to mention here, and the rest I will take care for the replies: Eshana, Eerolyin, Itequlagua, and Arminas. The first three were Iliena's adopted sisters. And the third one was Iliena's sunshine to say the least.

IsildurFri 21-Oct-05 01:34 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42173, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..."
In response to Reply #5

I don't know where you spent all your time, but you were really, really hard to find. And I'm not too shabby at finding people in weird places.

Endalion (Guest)Fri 21-Oct-05 02:40 PM

#42175, "You should have been an elf"
In response to Reply #10

One of low enough level not to see improved invis. In this case the answer would have been: Iliena is right behind you, but you can't see her. This happened often enough to me, even after me teleporting to Xvart cave, where I sure didn't expect company.

Good luck with your next, Iliena!

ZarklaFri 21-Oct-05 05:13 PM
43 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42178, "RE: You should have been an elf"
In response to Reply #12

Heh, it wasn't quite like that, but when I didn't have anything else to do I would wander around looking for youngings I could help. And sometimes I would just watch them for a little while first without them ever knowning it until I wanted them to.

Koai (Guest)Fri 21-Oct-05 04:51 PM

#42176, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..."
In response to Reply #5

I well.. seems I went just before you...
sucks that you fled into the dracolich...and died..
but ahh well...
you were hard to track down... I can give you that..

ZarklaFri 21-Oct-05 05:15 PM
43 posts
#42179, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..."
In response to Reply #13

Not that I have anything against the concepts of Villagers personally, but Iliena certainly always stayed away from them as best she could, never very good at dealing with them she seemed to be.

Whelan (Guest)Fri 21-Oct-05 10:47 AM

#42167, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..."
In response to Reply #0

You kept me good company at the fountain in Seantryn, and we had a good talk ath the Pheonix fountain in Voralian. If you were still around, i am sure that we could have had some talks by the fountain in Hamsah (my new post). Sorry to see you go, though i didnt know you at all really, you were very nice, and seemed very interested in everything going on around you. Good to know ya.

ZarklaFri 21-Oct-05 01:05 PM
43 posts
#42169, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..."
In response to Reply #4

From Iliena, she was mostly just looking for something to giggle about. Well she sat around in those cities, as she could and found Whelan to be an intresting and somehow young Tribunal. It was only a short time she knew Whelan, but she hopes you do well in the future, and protect the citizens well.

Idren (Guest)Fri 21-Oct-05 10:45 AM

#42166, "1254 years!"
In response to Reply #0

Well, it finally happened...I guess you weren't joking (though I knew you weren't)...sad to see, hope you are settled nicely near your waterfall..

Idren knew you a bit in his earlier days, and was extremely happy to see you around in your later, if only for a short bit.

Thanks for showing me some good times in those last couple of years even though I know you probably could have been spending them doing something more *productive*...I hope I didn't take the last few years of your life off there due to any frustration toward my stupidity (I'm on eleven now!)..

Anyways, I/Idren really appreciated your friendship and enjoyed every single interaction we had.

Sleep well Iliena, and bring in another character soon!

ZarklaFri 21-Oct-05 01:12 PM
43 posts
#42170, "RE: 1254 years!"
In response to Reply #3

Idren, Idren. Iliena never got to interact with gnomes very much, except a very difficult to deal with Outlander shapeshifter. So she was glad of the interaction with one of the wise race, and would help impart some of her little knowledge of the realm unto one of their race.
Iliena would also like to think of herself as someone who would help people if she could, though sometimes she got moody and would ignore some requests, especally if it involved something she had done a million times, like kill the High Lord or go to the Fire Mountain.
Either way, Iliena had always wondered what happened to all those transmuters she had helped in her middle years, and was glad to see Idren return in the end.
Good luck with finishing up whatever productive tasks you can figure out.

Eerolyin (Guest)Fri 21-Oct-05 10:11 AM

#42164, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..."
In response to Reply #0

Had so much fun running around with you. I learned so much, and I always wanted to travel with you since I knew that you would show me something new everytime we traveled. Was curious if you ever won another gold duck? I couldn't believe how many I won. Thanks for all the good times and I hope to meet you again sometime in the fields. Awesome, awesome character.

Eerolyin/Eshana

ZarklaFri 21-Oct-05 01:19 PM
43 posts
#42171, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..."
In response to Reply #2

Sister and Sister. First off to answer your question, Iliena finally bloody did win a golden duck! But then Iliena only managed to have it for about a week before Tiamat burnt it to a crisp! After that Iliena never really gambled, and hardly ever went out to look for money, but then Iliena was already over 1100 years at that point, and was looking forward to the end.
Iliena was very glad to have known both short sister, and normal size sister. Gave her something to tell tales about you know, and gave her also another aspect of character.
Now as for if we meet again, I do not know, it will be awhile at the very least for sure! Since I starting playing right after the end of the first age...mmm about ten years ago can't even hardly remember. I've always wanted two things to happen, one to die of old age (Finally!) and two to create a lich, well that I've never tried yet, perhaps later.

Take care sissy, and sissy.

Eerolyin (Guest)Fri 21-Oct-05 05:08 PM

#42177, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Iliena the Weaver of the Element..."
In response to Reply #8

Hah, so glad to hear you finally won that golden duck. There is no telling how much gold each of collected and gambled for those ducks. It was funny when I was playing Caitlyn and saw you in Eryn Galen and you started telling me about your sisters. I love it that you would tell people. If you ever want to shoot me an email feel free to, if not that's cool to. jenna_r_20@hotmail.com and thanks for the good times. I had a blast running around with you.

Arminas (Guest)Fri 21-Oct-05 07:50 AM

#42159, "I suppose I'll start.."
In response to Reply #0

The immortals always have a better perspective on previous chars, but I am without a doubt sure I pegged who you were previously. This is really only a big deal because the last time I dealt with you.. I am sure, was over four years ago. Which left me utterly dumbfounded. Anyhow, even if this was just a creepy coincidence, I have not had this much fun with one on one interaction/travel/exploration/self antagonized immoliation since Gadninias was mortal and kept trying to stomp the fire out that consumed me with his diminutive, but very tough, boot. Which, by the way, was the last time I think you actually set me on fire. Litterally.

Iliena was such a well rounded character from my perspective that I would just sit there in awe and marvel at all the little details you would find and show me in places that I had passed through a thousand times, if not once. Your grasp of the world, mechanics, roleplay and mood just made me want to spend as much time with her as I possibly could. It's rare to find characters these days that draw me in that much.

I wanted to be there in those last moments, but recent events have been tough on my schedule as I mentioned previously in another response to someone, and for that I am sorry, but know I really did do everything in my effort to try and get there.

Thank you for everything. You were a key factor in these latter years and I doubt Arminas will ever find the same sort of friendship in these latter years.

I hope you respond with some feedback, but I know not to hold my breath on this. Either way, know you were a huge factor in one's perspective on the game and that your company will be missed by myself and Arminas alike.

Arminas

ZarklaFri 21-Oct-05 01:32 PM
43 posts
#42172, "RE: I suppose I'll start.."
In response to Reply #1

Well, seems Iliena got to sleep. Arminas was all that was really all that was important left for Iliena after around the time Eerolyin died. So she did cling to him as best she could.
Mmm, four years ago? I really do have some bad memory, but I think around that time I was playing an elven invoker within the Warlocks. Elven invoker is by far my most favorite character type, mostly because my main goal has always been to explore everything I can.
Geh, well Iliena really was for awhile grumpy about having to carry all that armor, but after awhile its hard not to get used to it. Though she was really glad to give alot of it away finally.
Iliena had two goals, one to perfect everything basicly, and two to explore as much as she could, with as much detail as she could. I think though really I had found little new with this invoker, and I will have to rest for awhile from the fields, untill I am inspired to play again, which I'm sure will happen.
Iliena could not have remained sane if not for Arminas being around for sure, and I couldn't have either. So we thank you for putting up with us in thin and thick, and hope we were not too much of a burden.

We wish you well in the remaining time left to Arminas, and beyond.

Oh, I was curious if Arminas recieved a note from Iliena or not?

Curious George (Guest)Fri 21-Oct-05 02:37 PM

#42174, "RE: I suppose I'll start.."
In response to Reply #9

I'm just curious, how many hours old were you when you finally perfected every spell?

ZarklaFri 21-Oct-05 05:18 PM
43 posts
#42180, "RE: I suppose I'll start.."
In response to Reply #11

Well, I had perfected most of my spells before I turned 900 years old (about 350 hours or so). Then I started doing lots of other things and didn't practice my last few for a long time, so didn't finish untill about 1080 years old (about 550 hours or so)

Arminas (Guest)Sat 22-Oct-05 02:25 AM

#42187, "Note"
In response to Reply #9

I did, and thank you for being as eloquent as always. Wish I could say more, but that would go and ruin what little time I have left. Thank you once again.

Arminas

Arminas (Guest)Sat 22-Oct-05 09:43 AM

#42200, "Note Addition"
In response to Reply #18

If you are ever in the mood for it, I'd love to catch up with someone who obviously knows even more history than I. I'd like to write more character histories. (I'm certainly not a game mechanics person anymore.) Feel free to contact me.

gaeladril@hotmail.com (MSN as well)

Arminas

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42155 Previous topic | Next topic