Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Frearrir Nenvarsh the Grand Maste..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42119
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 19-Oct-05 10:28 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42119, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Frearrir Nenvarsh the Grand Master of Changelings"

Wed Oct 19 10:28:11 2005

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Frearrir perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:214

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Fre is gone, mre, Frearrir (Guest), 20-Oct-05 12:57 AM, #1
     Reply Rest of the stuff, mre, Frearrir (Guest), 20-Oct-05 03:09 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Rest of the stuff, mre, Fendracorl (Guest), 20-Oct-05 03:26 PM, #3
     Reply Loots and stuff.., Frearrir (Guest), 20-Oct-05 04:56 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Rest of the stuff, mre, Earendur (Guest), 22-Oct-05 11:10 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Rest of the stuff, mre, DurNominator, 23-Oct-05 01:21 PM, #8
     Reply Sure, lump all us elves together.., Tanr (Guest), 23-Oct-05 05:57 PM, #9
          Reply Yep, DurNominator, 24-Oct-05 03:40 AM, #10
     Reply And so.., Arminas (Guest), 22-Oct-05 09:38 AM, #5
          Reply So it goes., DurNominator, 22-Oct-05 06:35 PM, #6

Frearrir (Guest)Thu 20-Oct-05 12:57 AM

#42136, "Fre is gone, mre"
In response to Reply #0

Well.. Fre was my second shifter, and a second attempt to get a char to Outlander. The experience I had as Atohner proved valuable in this, as it helped me to grasp the philosophy of the cabal. While Atohner was in it for the nature aspect, Frearrir, sphere Spirit, was pursuing the freedom aspect of the cabal. Ram/mongoose with sand lizard thrown in was a good combo, though it had some weaknesses, such as fighting bards with dumb forms.

Fre was originally from Blackclaw, but he was banished from there when they learned that he wanted to become a shapeshifter. This and other unsuccessful attempts to get accepted to the shapeshifters guild led him to eventually hate cities and become an Outlander. It was also the explanation for him being evil, which could have worked with neutral too, maybe better than with evil, which Fre failed to be to some extent.

Fre used three words of felar language: Mreowr, mre and nen. The additional felarlike impression was made by adding an annoying habit to say mre in the end of the sentence. This was copied from some movies or TV series where there were characters that said yes or no in end of every sentence, making it a question. Fre said it in felar language, which was to give him some additional felar touch.

Goodbyes:

Arminas: Arminas was one of Frearrir's closest friends and allies and his help made retrieving from Spire and getting scales much easier, though what mattered more was me learning not to butt captain but to flee immediately on attack. You were a valuable ally and good company. Keep on trucking.

Thilzhiloins: Frearrirs other ally from earlier times. Our hunting together was not coordinated well, as I am not an experienced ganker and you weren't very good in leading a gank squad(even though a two-man ganking squad) either. When the group shifters are in form, keep an eye for their mana when looking for someone to PK, as they can run out of it and desert you for this. Fre did this to Thilzhiloins once or twice.

Nreisshe: Frearrir's RP was influenced by Nreisshe, who was his early groupmate. Frearrir started to speak of himself in third person and call himself Fre because his early groupmates Nreisshe and Zirritryn were doing the same thing(Nrei and Zirri). The early hunting with you and relying on bodyparts to eat gave the hunt an extra meaning. I remember mentioning this lowbie ranking to some Outlander elves, as it was elves we were killing for xp and bodyparts. ;D

I ran out of time to write more goodbyes now.

Frearrir (Guest)Thu 20-Oct-05 03:09 PM

#42143, "Rest of the stuff, mre"
In response to Reply #1

I ran out of time in the morning, so here comes some more goodbyes:

Msaylu: Frearrir's partner in crime and scheming companion. Good dark-elf RP. Fre felt that you as a fellow dark Outlander mage were in the same boat with him. It was good to have your company. You were clearly evil in the nice "we are on the same side"-kind of a way. Msaylu was one of the few people whom Fre told where he recalled to. Fre did keep the secret about the water path, btw.

Celise: There was a brief conversation about gnome songs in CB when Msaylu and Fre talked with you. Good interaction with you on Outlander stuff and Khar-Zhur trees, the latter as Muug.

Meakanera: Meakanera was clearly evil dark-elf too, though there was nothing nice about her and Fre wasn't always sure that she was on the with him. Bitch was an accurrate description.

Earendur & Tanrillinael: I'm going to lump you two on this same, as both were elf vokers and had the same meaning to Fre. I appreciated your shields and company. You two did mix some in my mind, hence the joined goodbyes.

Urion: Too bad I didn't get to eat you. You knew your stuff in the interview, though I didn't see you much after that.

Aryze: Our impaled shifter. You were much more vulnerable to Fendracorl et al. than I was. Good luck with handling the spiremen!

Bracktinsi: Fire stuff. Nice giant RP.

Enemies:

Fendracorl: Too tough and too well dressed up. You would have received the full loot treatment you gave to me as a revenge and to part you from certain annoying items.

Boca & Neamon: Fighting you two(separately) was fun.

Ragers: You were the guys who stayed there to the end. I think I managed to kill five of you, four of which solo. I enjoyed fighting you guys after I got the ram, exept for Mr. Fiend, whom I didn't enjoy fighting.

Aurilinius: The last bard Fre chose to fight alone. Props for not looting most of my stuff.

Bards & Paladins: Fre couldn't handle you alone.

If someone feels left out, post and I shall respond.

Fendracorl (Guest)Thu 20-Oct-05 03:26 PM

#42144, "RE: Rest of the stuff, mre"
In response to Reply #2

Hey, I did just want to say it was some fun.

Outlander shifter does seem to be the vogue thing, but your superhealing ability always made our fights more interesting--and those long battles v. mongoose, were both fun and infuriating.

As to the looting charges, I can't recall the results of the couple times I killed you, but I believe the only full loot was the criminal time there at the end--in fact I believe the time at Outlander I took nothing--and basically because at some point with so many flags it seems wrong to take anything. I generally don't care for the full loot, although there are certain situations I do. But regardless, hope you had some fun--that ram could put out some hurting.

Frearrir (Guest)Thu 20-Oct-05 04:56 PM

#42148, "Loots and stuff.."
In response to Reply #3

"As to the looting charges, I can't recall the results of the
couple times I killed you"

It is the fair city of Galadon we speak about. So naturally, I returned to empty corpse every time you killed me, due to the contribution of the law-abiding citizens of Thera. I never looted people when I played Trib, but this didn't mean that they'd get to keep their stuff(some probably returned to empty corpse, even when I left them everything but didn't stand near the corpse). Skin and harvest, both of which work independent of the fetish, do take the worst edge from full loot as Outlander, though. I was a bit sad after you took my new toy(that nice orb) in that last loot, though I got redressed twice after it. The last fight was basically pure stupidity and hubris on my part, which led to doom. I practically thought I was invulnerable in that fight, which is always a stupid thing to do.

I didn't consider our fights very interesting, since you were a bit too tough for me. The one where I dispelled your preps at the tree outer and came after you and Whelan(with Aryze on my side) with full ABS was the only interesting fight between us that I acknowledge. The main interest was getting fetish back from Spire, which was too slow for me to do alone when WANTED and you were defending(this means that it was late in the evening and I decided to give up because I needed to get some sleep).

Keep on trucking.

Earendur (Guest)Sat 22-Oct-05 11:10 PM

#42231, "RE: Rest of the stuff, mre"
In response to Reply #2

It was nice to see someone else who shows up at my playing time, I realy did enjoy the felar traits you brought. Those shifter forms realy seemed to combine well and yes I think perhaps as an evil outlander some more bloodthirst seems appropriate, but that could have been a part of your role. I liked the comments you kept sending our way even if you were not with the rest of those outlanders who were around. I hope you start something else soon.

DurNominatorSun 23-Oct-05 01:21 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42253, "RE: Rest of the stuff, mre"
In response to Reply #7

>It was nice to see someone else who shows up at my playing
>time, I realy did enjoy the felar traits you brought. Those
>shifter forms realy seemed to combine well and yes I think
>perhaps as an evil outlander some more bloodthirst seems
>appropriate, but that could have been a part of your role. I
>liked the comments you kept sending our way even if you were
>not with the rest of those outlanders who were around. I hope
>you start something else soon.

You one of the few goodies with the destructive burn them-attitude towards cities and I sensed some eager spirit in you. Whether you rocked or sucked PK-wise I have no idea of, but I liked the eager spirit to fight for your beliefs. And what comes to comments.. you'll need to keep up the conversation on CB or it can become a boring session. The comments were there to ignite a conversation. Sometimes they did, sometimes they didn't. Good luck in the fields. I have some characters in the fields, so I won't start any new ones in near future(I think).

Tanr (Guest)Sun 23-Oct-05 05:57 PM

#42288, "Sure, lump all us elves together.."
In response to Reply #2

I was the theatrical one. Heh, It's too bad you were in the Nightreaver camp, I think we'd have had a lot of fun and I was really looking for someone who could tank to travel with. I had a Sylvan shifter back in the day and it was very uneven; either I died in 2 rounds or they did. But then I didn't have a sand lizard or a mongoose either.

Good luck on the next.

DurNominatorMon 24-Oct-05 03:39 AM
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42303, "Yep"
In response to Reply #9
Edited on Mon 24-Oct-05 03:40 AM

Seeing it from a log made me remember the difference. You were the one I had good conversations with, and Earendur was the one eager to travel and kick some defiler ass(we ran together with him a couple of times, with a pre-agreed goal for the journey).

The conversations were something like this small quote:

(OUTLANDER) Tanrillinael: Of course, I do have a few potent spells up my sleeves, if I can stay alive long enough in a fight to cast them.

(OUTLANDER) Frearrir: You lose spells when sleeves are looted, mre?

Frearrir

Arminas (Guest)Sat 22-Oct-05 09:38 AM

#42199, "And so.."
In response to Reply #1

Goes the last of the reavers, unless someone has let Baltherias out of his cave, that I really liked. In character and out. I liked the fact that you did you the Felar language as many Felar I run across and greet in their language respond with a 'Huh?'. Lyceum, folks. Yanoreth put forth quite a bit of effort in making them as well rounded as possible, including giving them a language, it's not that difficult to understand it. Use it.

We did have some great forays into our enemies lands, and as Kazren stated in his goodbyes, were that you were good or I was evil, we'd have done some serious damage together.

Honestly though I don't feel that Frearrir was quite 'Eviiiiil' evil. He was certainly Quasi-Evil, *Raises pinky to corner of mouth* but other than eating me steaks I never really saw him personally fighting the good guys as you would have it. In fact I really didn;t get to watch you wander much, but most of the fights where you claimed a kill it usually ended up being an imperial. Mind you, I'm not complaining, I'm not fond of them and wasn't sheding a tear or anything, but I thought a moment you might become part of the chasm huggers. Glad you didn't.

At the risk of sounding like Ralph Nader I want to say we really need more reavers like you. Enviromentalists, Tree-Huggers, ect.. ect.. Especially now, who are not afraid to bite those horrible misguided folks or even the Harbinger and Sunwarden from time to time. Hopefully we'll see you again soon. Luck

Arminas

DurNominatorSat 22-Oct-05 06:34 PM
2018 posts
#42212, "So it goes."
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Sat 22-Oct-05 06:35 PM

"I liked the fact that you did you the Felar language
>as many Felar I run across and greet in their language respond
>with a 'Huh?'."

You can do a lot with three words, especially if you say "mre" as often as Fre did, though it was written in his role to do so.

>Honestly though I don't feel that Frearrir was quite
>'Eviiiiil' evil. He was certainly Quasi-Evil, *Raises pinky to
>corner of mouth* but other than eating me steaks I never
>really saw him personally fighting the good guys as you would
>have it. In fact I really didn;t get to watch you wander much,
>but most of the fights where you claimed a kill it usually
>ended up being an imperial. Mind you, I'm not complaining, I'm
>not fond of them and wasn't sheding a tear or anything, but I
>thought a moment you might become part of the chasm huggers.
>Glad you didn't.

Fre wouldn't have let it to your ears if he had killed a goodie, though he didn't actually kill many goodies(Dorn twice with a gank(Fre, Bracktinsi and Meakanera), Meagara with the same gank(IIRC someone else landed the killing blow on this one) as we had their Orb and an elf voker(IIRC Iliena, but I have no log to check this from) in mount Kiadana-Rah as the voker disturbed our ranking there. The fight in the mount was pretty close to 1vs1 from my perspective. But that's pretty much it about Fre actually killing goodies(meaning getting them killed)). I don't recall Fre killing many Imperials, as I recall him killing more Ragers and Tribunals than Imperials. Fre wanted to take advantage of Arminas's sanctuary and healing, which is why he wanted to stay on his good side, keeping any potential. Fre didn't want to lose Arminas's help and friendship, which in part made him somewhat less evil.

He was pretty much quasi-evil as you said. He was never meant to be 'Eviiiiil' evil and our dark-elf invokers for example were much more evil than he was. I think some of the Fortress sensed this, as Fre didn't really have much trouble with them at all.

I'll be in the fields.

Frearrir

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42119 Previous topic | Next topic