Subject: "Aladar DELETED and Short f...up with an Imm." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42102
Show all folders

Ajegrhi (inactive user)Tue 18-Oct-05 09:37 PM
Charter member
#42102, "Aladar DELETED and Short f...up with an Imm."
Edited on Tue 18-Oct-05 10:38 PM

I dont know how long this post will be here.

Got a problem with an IMM? Contact an IMP. Got a problem with an IMP? Contact the other IMPs.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply some advice, observer (Guest), 19-Oct-05 12:29 AM, #2
Reply That won't be changing., Valguarnera, 19-Oct-05 07:01 AM, #3
     Reply RE: That won't be changing., observer (Guest), 19-Oct-05 08:07 AM, #4
          Reply RE: That won't be changing., other observer (Guest), 19-Oct-05 08:19 AM, #5
               Reply RE: That won't be changing., observer (Guest), 19-Oct-05 08:39 AM, #6
                    Reply Sorry., Valguarnera, 19-Oct-05 08:57 AM, #7
Reply Well, thought I'd post on this comment (Hope it stays u..., Kruuank (Guest), 18-Oct-05 09:56 PM, #1

observer (Guest)Wed 19-Oct-05 12:29 AM

#42106, "some advice"
In response to Reply #0

to you the imms, if you want to create an atmosphere of trust among the playerbase you need to cut down on your editing and removal of posts. I know its tough dealing with flames and rants but if you keep removing and editing posts your only justifying their claims. Not to say that their claims are often true or ever true but the fact that you are afraid to let those ideas be publicly expressed here gives me cause for concern. I don't mean this to be a rant or a personal attack but I think you would be better off not censoring a lot of what you do because while yes its annoying to you but if you push away players by doing it the game becomes less fun for everyone.

ValguarneraWed 19-Oct-05 07:01 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42110, "That won't be changing."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Wed 19-Oct-05 07:01 AM

We don't allow people to accuse other people (immortal or otherwise) of cheating publically. It isn't fair to the accused, and it makes it impossible for us to deal with the matter in a productive way.

If people report things the correct way, #### gets done. I'm not often accused of going light on offenders. That said, my experience remains that many claims are false or exaggerated, so we take the precautions mentioned in the first paragraph.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

observer (Guest)Wed 19-Oct-05 08:07 AM

#42111, "RE: That won't be changing."
In response to Reply #3

Like i said before your just pushing away players with that policy, a very high percentage of players. Maybe its hard to see from the immortal side because you don't talk to many mortals out of character but anytime something gets edited or removed I personally see a huge wave of gossip and a lot of hate for the imms. When I see the #### left posted with a comment along the lines of we looked into it nothing was going on or the party in question was punished I see a bunch of players like flame the person who posted the flame instead of the imm.

long story short they post something stupid they look stupid, you censor it and make yourself look stupid. But hey its your call you are the guys with the power just keep in mind that having the power puts you under scrutiny and if you seem afraid to be in that position well your just going to push players away, this is carrionfields not fluffy bunny fields a flame or two isn't going to cause any lasting damage.

other observer (Guest)Wed 19-Oct-05 08:19 AM

#42112, "RE: That won't be changing."
In response to Reply #4

While flames and rants have been an occasional fixture of these forums, I think character assassination is a different matter entirely. As pointed out by Kruuank, the staff here has quite a good reputation as far as enforcing the rules (and living by them themselves). If a post is written that makes unproven accusations to impugn that reputation, I see no problem with it being removed.

Continuing along those same lines, Valg (as he points out) has a reputation for dealing with cheaters (both mortal and immortal) quite harshly. Just because this is not fluffy bunny fields doesn't mean that random flames should jeopardize one of the things that the immortals value most - a reputation for fairness.

I didn't see the original post, but even if it was a log that showed direct evidence of immortal cheating I can understand it being removed - and I would expect that the immortal in question would not be with us much longer.

observer (Guest)Wed 19-Oct-05 08:39 AM

#42113, "RE: That won't be changing."
In response to Reply #5

You develope a reputation for fairness by saying this is the problem and this is how it was delt with not by saying the problem never existed by deleting its mention. A simple post along the lines of this has been researched and found to be groundless and then locking the thread would be more effective at least in my opinion its done occasionally and I think its better for the mud when that happens and I see a bunch of individuals flaming the tard who made up the false allegations then when I hear people whispering consipiracy and cover up for months because of a single edited or deleted post.

the post in this case I had a chance to read before it was edited, it did not cite individual players but rather the imm staff in general.

ValguarneraWed 19-Oct-05 08:56 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42114, "Sorry."
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Wed 19-Oct-05 08:57 AM

We'll be dealing with this by private email.

If there is a problem with an IMM (poor judgement, cheating, concealing cheating, whatever), you report it to the people entrusted with dealing with it: The IMPs.

If you don't trust an individual IMP to handle a specific matter (for example, if you think an IMP is cheating), report it to the people entrusted with watching an IMP: the other IMPs.

If you don't trust all of the IMPs to deal with problems, you'd probably be happier playing elsewhere.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Kruuank (Guest)Tue 18-Oct-05 09:56 PM

#42103, "Well, thought I'd post on this comment (Hope it stays u..."
In response to Reply #0

The last MUD I played had way worse problems than this (IMMs denying characters of players they didn't like, slaying and full looting people who killed their mortals, etc). Instead of posting this here, in very vague form, e-mail the IMPs. I assure you, if you give concrete evidence of shady s### to them, they will fix it. Period. The IMMs, as they have said before, how put in too much f-in time to tolerate someone f###in over the playerbase like you say. So in short, tell them, if they do nothing (doubtful) then post here.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42102 Previous topic | Next topic