Subject: "(AUTO) Ghistian the Holy Hero, the Ancient and Undying" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4201
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 07-Jan-02 08:00 AM
Member since 11th May 2024
16840 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4201, "(AUTO) Ghistian the Holy Hero, the Ancient and Undying"

Mon Jan 7 2:30:49 2002

Ghistian the Holy Hero, the Ancient and Undying was put to rest.

Race:storm
Class:Healer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Lawful
Cabal:None, None
Hours:691
PK Ratio:26% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AUTO) Ghistian the Holy Hero, the Ancient and Undy..., Isildur (Guest) (Guest), 08-Jan-02 04:15 AM, #1
     Reply The oldest, Rio (Guest) (Guest), 08-Jan-02 07:21 AM, #2
     Reply RE: The oldest, Isildur (Guest) (Guest), 11-Jan-02 03:05 AM, #3
          Reply RE: The oldest, Vladamir, 11-Jan-02 02:08 PM, #4
               Reply Goddamnit., Death_Claw (Guest) (Guest), 11-Jan-02 02:53 PM, #5
     Reply RE: (AUTO) Ghistian the Holy Hero, the Ancient and Undy..., Septach (Guest) (Guest), 11-Jan-02 03:12 PM, #6
     Reply Yes I would agree here, (lots of text), Guntur (guest) (Guest), 16-Jan-02 03:40 AM, #19
     Reply Utterly wrong., Delanan (Guest) (Guest), 11-Jan-02 03:26 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Utterly wrong., DylanCarter1 (Guest), 11-Jan-02 03:50 PM, #8
          Reply I have to respectfully disagree there, nepenthe, 11-Jan-02 03:51 PM, #9
          Reply RE: I have to respectfully disagree there, Delanan (Guest) (Guest), 11-Jan-02 04:56 PM, #10
          Reply RE: I have to respectfully disagree there, Valguarnera, 11-Jan-02 05:51 PM, #11
          Reply I couldn't agree more..., Phenolphox (Guest) (Guest), 23-Jan-02 10:56 AM, #21
          Reply RE: I have to respectfully disagree there, DylanCarter1 (Guest), 12-Jan-02 11:11 AM, #15
               Reply RE: I have to respectfully disagree there, Firstager (Guest) (Guest), 13-Jan-02 03:28 PM, #17
          Reply You sure?, Dallevian, 11-Jan-02 07:37 PM, #12
          Reply RE: I have to respectfully disagree there, Isildur (Guest) (Guest), 11-Jan-02 09:40 PM, #13
               Reply RE: I have to respectfully disagree there, Delanan (Guest) (Guest), 11-Jan-02 09:50 PM, #14
               Reply RE: I have to respectfully disagree there, Isildur (Guest) (Guest), 12-Jan-02 04:30 PM, #16
               Reply Can't speak for the others..., Rio (Guest) (Guest), 14-Jan-02 07:59 AM, #18
          Reply Oldest, Maquiavel (Guest) (Guest), 19-Jan-02 10:36 AM, #20

Isildur (Guest) (Guest)Tue 08-Jan-02 04:15 AM

#4202, "RE: (AUTO) Ghistian the Holy Hero, the Ancient and Undy..."
In response to Reply #0

So who now holds the title for oldest char alive? Rimcal? Varital? Ekirhal? My money's on Rimcal.

Rio (Guest) (Guest)Tue 08-Jan-02 07:21 AM

#4219, "The oldest"
In response to Reply #1

Are they older than me?

Isildur (Guest) (Guest)Fri 11-Jan-02 03:05 AM

#4220, "RE: The oldest"
In response to Reply #2

>Are they older than me?

Rimcal might be. I remember dying to you in Udgaard once with my first char back after a long Hiatus (Mayenne). That was before I hero'd. Rimcal was in my group when I hero'd her (with Esmeralda, a paladin) and he was already a hero at the time.

VladamirFri 11-Jan-02 02:08 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#4221, "RE: The oldest"
In response to Reply #3

My money is on Ekirhal. I bet when she puts those old wrinkled feet behind her ears now, those arthritic old joints creak loud enough to wake the dead. God what a horrid visual.

Death_Claw (Guest) (Guest)Fri 11-Jan-02 02:53 PM

#4222, "Goddamnit."
In response to Reply #4

Thanks for ruining my day and my lunch. Yuck.

Septach (Guest) (Guest)Fri 11-Jan-02 03:12 PM

#4217, "RE: (AUTO) Ghistian the Holy Hero, the Ancient and Undy..."
In response to Reply #1

I know he's dead now, but Grummore was my bet for oldest ever.

Guntur (guest) (Guest)Wed 16-Jan-02 03:40 AM

#4218, "Yes I would agree here, (lots of text)"
In response to Reply #6

He was so old, he dated back to dwarf mages. Dwarf transmuter with duo, arbiter. I also rember killing him a final time, the game crashing then rebooting. Him logging in and dropping link right before my pillar hit.

But for old school mofos he takes the cake easily.

Delanan (Guest) (Guest)Fri 11-Jan-02 03:26 PM

#4203, "Utterly wrong."
In response to Reply #1

The oldest is without doubt Tywonm. To give you an idea of how long we're talking, Tywonm was already a hero well over two and a half years ago. Nobody comes close; even Ghistian didn't, I don't think.

DylanCarter1 (Guest)Fri 11-Jan-02 03:50 PM

#4216, "RE: Utterly wrong."
In response to Reply #7

Hmmm, I'd say Ikeroppas comes close.

nepentheFri 11-Jan-02 03:51 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4205, "I have to respectfully disagree there"
In response to Reply #7

Somewhere, probably about two hard drives back, I have (had?) a log of Istendil fighting Ghistian in early 1998. That has to at least compete.

Delanan (Guest) (Guest)Fri 11-Jan-02 04:56 PM

#4211, "RE: I have to respectfully disagree there"
In response to Reply #9

>Somewhere, probably about two hard drives
>back, I have (had?) a
>log of Istendil fighting Ghistian
>in early 1998. That
>has to at least compete.
>

Damn.

You know, I'd like to see that log just because it shows him out of his guild. Ha, ha.

Yeah, I guess they're probably peers. I just habitually consider my ancient characters in two categories: Healers and Everyone Else. The number of ancient healers who log in every month for a few years is surprisingly high. I remember at one point there were 3 or more storm healers alone doing it ... Ghistian, Ikeroppas, and I can't remember Door Number Three. Oh, I think it was that one really annoying healer who spent like six years (note: hyperbole) logging on monthly to heal orphans until a PK came anywhere near him. If that narrows it down.

You just can't judge a non-healer by healer standards. It's not right!

ValguarneraFri 11-Jan-02 05:51 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4214, "RE: I have to respectfully disagree there"
In response to Reply #10

LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-02 AT 06:44 PM (CST)

Re: the finer sub-category of "Healers that log on once a month, but only leave their guild to irritate evil ranking groups, and teleport/recall/gate if actual danger shows up."

I don't know if Ghistian fell into this sub-category, but damn if there aren't a half-dozen others who do.

Maybe we need a one-year RL clock on empowerment, after which your batteries run out, and you need to go back for more. I'm cool with casual players, but when it's a person with 8 characters who just rotates the healer (sometimes a paladin) in to annoy other players, that needs to go.

From the pen of:
valguarnera@carrionfields.com">Valguarnera Trisseptia

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Phenolphox (Guest) (Guest)Wed 23-Jan-02 10:56 AM

#4215, "I couldn't agree more..."
In response to Reply #11

When I was playing Phenolphox, there wer about 5 or so hero paladins who would show up every month, decked out. They would stan around and no doubtly spam sc to see thier nice hit and dam roll, change weapons around, spam sc some more. This irritated the fucking ##### out of me. For the durration of Phenolphox's mortal life, the defiance was never in, some 900 hours.

Limited time empowerment is a supurb Idea.

Oh, and if he still is around, Crakyun I think is the oldest. I remeber him when I was playing Phenolphox, and that was around 97/98.

DylanCarter1 (Guest)Sat 12-Jan-02 11:11 AM

#4212, "RE: I have to respectfully disagree there"
In response to Reply #10

The orphan healer you are thinking about is/was Randpilk.

Firstager (Guest) (Guest)Sun 13-Jan-02 03:28 PM

#4213, "RE: I have to respectfully disagree there"
In response to Reply #15

Shades??

DallevianFri 11-Jan-02 07:37 PM
1620 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4210, "You sure?"
In response to Reply #9

I recall another storm healer named Ghystan or something along those lines. But anyway, I'd like for you guys to look into something regarding PB's idea, it sounds pretty dang brilliant to be coming from a female necro.

Har har?

Isildur (Guest) (Guest)Fri 11-Jan-02 09:40 PM

#4206, "RE: I have to respectfully disagree there"
In response to Reply #9

Couldn't you...umm...look this stuff up? Or does that somehow violate the privacy of the characters involved?

Just something I was curious about. The candidates now seem to be: Rio ,Rimcal, Varital, Ekirhal, Tywonm, Ghistian.

Another question is, why do they do it? Just keep someone around at the Hero ranks to explore new areas when they come online? Locate and/or identify items?

Delanan (Guest) (Guest)Fri 11-Jan-02 09:50 PM

#4208, "RE: I have to respectfully disagree there"
In response to Reply #13

>Couldn't you...umm...look this stuff up?
>Or does that somehow violate
>the privacy of the characters
>involved?
>
>Just something I was curious about.
> The candidates now seem
>to be: Rio ,Rimcal, Varital,
>Ekirhal, Tywonm, Ghistian.
>

It's not even arguable that it's the latter two out of that group. I don't think any of the rest are even a year old, but if they are, the latter two are pretty close to/over three. There are a few others who have sunk so far into obscurity nobody can give a good date on them (Ikeroppas?) or even remember them.

I remember Tywonm because I remember him running away from PKs to save his gear and every time he did, Jaemaen would die and I couldn't loot him because I was a Cador-tattooed paladin. Hell, poor Jaemaen even died to that master necro that the Brits were passing around. Ah, those were the days.

CF's just not the same without the everpresent threat of Grummore popping out of duo and spouting some broken Engrish at you.

Isildur (Guest) (Guest)Sat 12-Jan-02 04:30 PM

#4209, "RE: I have to respectfully disagree there"
In response to Reply #14

Mayenne (the character who interacted with Rio and Rimcal) was a hero by at least as early as Nov. 2000 (checked the dates on some email I exchanged with Bria). I'm pretty sure Rimcal had already been one for a while when he helped her get there. Rio killed her at some point before she heroed. That makes those two at least a year and two months old.

But yeah, three years >> one year and two months.

Rio (Guest) (Guest)Mon 14-Jan-02 07:59 AM

#4207, "Can't speak for the others..."
In response to Reply #13

>Just something I was curious about.
> The candidates now seem
>to be: Rio ,Rimcal, Varital,
>Ekirhal, Tywonm, Ghistian.

If there is a person over two years, I withdraw my candidature I'm only 1.5 years old.

>Another question is, why do they
>do it? Just keep
>someone around at the Hero
>ranks to explore new areas
>when they come online?
>Locate and/or identify items?

I don't know why the others do it, but I still enjoy my character. Alas, I can't play often anymore. I play only one character at time, I can't locate items and I don't explore new areas. However, I'm not trying to avoid encounters intentionally, so my constitution keeps leaking.

Many people want to see me permanently dead. I've already lived more than an arial should. I still have some constitution points. And I'm NOT going to delete. The only thing I can do about it is to play more often, which I try to. But the real life has its limitations. So... see you in fields

Rio

Maquiavel (Guest) (Guest)Sat 19-Jan-02 10:36 AM

#4204, "Oldest"
In response to Reply #7

I am not sure, but the oldest are Aerilas or Crakyun.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4201 Previous topic | Next topic