Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Trajka the Ranger King" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42008
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 12-Oct-05 11:28 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42008, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Trajka the Ranger King"

Wed Oct 12 23:30:52 2005

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Trajka perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:ranger
Level:44
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:128

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Bleh...you suck...for deleting on me..., Aryze Amakiir (Guest), 13-Oct-05 12:36 AM, #5
Reply Yeah deleted., Trajka (Guest), 12-Oct-05 11:54 PM, #2
Reply Respect, Harkan (Guest), 13-Oct-05 12:04 AM, #4
Reply Ouch., Quarena1 (Guest), 13-Oct-05 12:57 AM, #6
Reply That's really too bad, man., Atchertene (Guest), 13-Oct-05 04:07 PM, #7
Reply RE: That's really too bad, man., Trajka (Guest), 13-Oct-05 06:09 PM, #8
Reply Should have tried., Falun (Guest), 13-Oct-05 07:41 PM, #9
Reply Trajka gone, Fendracorl (Guest), 14-Oct-05 07:17 AM, #12
Reply RE: Yeah deleted., Praminthal (Guest), 15-Oct-05 10:07 PM, #14
Reply Gah, Arminas (Guest), 17-Oct-05 12:03 AM, #15
Reply There you go., DurNominator, 18-Oct-05 01:55 AM, #20
Reply Aww..., Phaxhedea (Guest), 12-Oct-05 11:47 PM, #1
     Reply Bleh..., Trajka (Guest), 12-Oct-05 11:57 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Bleh..., nepenthe, 13-Oct-05 11:45 PM, #10
               Reply Hrm., Trajka (Guest), 14-Oct-05 12:34 AM, #11
               Reply RE: Bleh..., Nivek1, 14-Oct-05 03:05 PM, #13
                    Reply I'm relatively disturbed by this, Haggler, 17-Oct-05 04:25 PM, #16
                         Reply RE: I'm relatively disturbed by this, nepenthe, 17-Oct-05 05:49 PM, #17
                              Reply Disclaimer:, nepenthe, 17-Oct-05 05:50 PM, #18
                                   Reply Asterisks:, Valguarnera, 17-Oct-05 09:06 PM, #19

Aryze Amakiir (Guest)Thu 13-Oct-05 12:36 AM

#42015, "Bleh...you suck...for deleting on me..."
In response to Reply #0

Man, come on, we could have died to massive gangs together!! Yay!Ok..maybe not that, but...uh, I don't really know what to say, other than...well I wish you had stuck it out, honestly, you were pretty good(well better than my ranger way back when) and I had hope you would stay around and help fight against, hordes if need be... I don't give up for anything, well until I am bored out of my mind(then I delete)...so I don't plan on leaving any time soon. See ya around in the fields.

Disclaimer: I know I ramble, don't pay attention to me

Trajka (Guest)Wed 12-Oct-05 11:54 PM

#42011, "Yeah deleted."
In response to Reply #0

This comes from a series of deaths that totally frustrated me. I love this game, I really enjoy playing it. But there are some people who are just not making this game playable. Well, my exams are starting now in Australia so i'm gone for a while. Outlander, i'll always love this cabal, with my small hoarde of outlanders, Thays, Ajelon, Wimarsu, Trussar, Acturisar, Raluin and now Trajka.

IMMS - Sebeok - I was your follower....I really should have prayed more often, I guess just being there to talk to you, I felt intimidated heh. Well, I might follow you one day and stick around to actually talk to you.

Lyris - Thanks for the induction and the few tibits of RP here and there.

Players
Atchertene - Knew you with Raluin too, good to see your sticking it out, grats on heroing, keep trucking my friend.

Arminas - Well my old friend, got to talk to you a little bit, but your sort of MIA now, watch out for them lava pits Keep trucking

Aryze - Keep trucking on and stuff. Need to use lemur a bit more.

Quarena - Sorry for attacking you heh. But you pissed Trajka off bigtime. Try not to HEAL THE BAD GUYS next time lol. Try not to die so much too

Other Outlanders, yeah don't get as frustrated as me, stick around and give it to them!

Tribs - Fendracorl, its good to see you actually have put time and effort into your character. I kinda felt bad for having to let you kill me those few times. But I had to try. Good character keep going.

Falun - Never really talked with you...But hey at least you weren't frightened of a little fight.

Hogne - I hate Tribunal druids! You play one well though, good character.

Everyone else...meh, im frustrated annoyed, and stressed. Write back and i'll reply nicely.

Harkan (Guest)Thu 13-Oct-05 12:04 AM

#42013, "Respect"
In response to Reply #2

You were always outnumbered and made a good effort from what I saw from above. My near kills on you, were in regards to something in character which I will say more on when I am dead. I cant believe how many pounces I failed with you badly hurt. Good job sticking it out agaisnt all that mess. Hope you had some fun at least. Take care.

Quarena1 (Guest)Thu 13-Oct-05 12:57 AM

#42016, "Ouch."
In response to Reply #2

Yea, bad case of being too tired to play, and made a stupid move. Either case, it was fun running around with the Wolf. If sanc didn't fall when it did...would of kicked you butt, have fun, see ya in the fields.

Atchertene (Guest)Thu 13-Oct-05 04:07 PM

#42021, "That's really too bad, man."
In response to Reply #2

I feel your pain though. Mid 40s sucks more for a ranger than any other range, imho. Though, to be honest, I'm still not sure what the incentive for a ranger to go past 41 is. Anyway, you'd have been a beast once you heroed, you'll be missed. I figured you were a shoe in for harbinger, too, since you were the only nuetral I saw regularly. Good char, all around. G'luck with school, and g'luck on your next char. You know you'll be back. haha

Atch

Trajka (Guest)Thu 13-Oct-05 06:09 PM

#42022, "RE: That's really too bad, man."
In response to Reply #7

I sort of thought I could be, but really, I doubted it. When I look at the past leaders, Skryth, Aesirea, Tjok...why would they choose me when in comparison to players of their calibre. They aren't just gonna choose because i'm the only one there heh.

Falun (Guest)Thu 13-Oct-05 07:41 PM

#42023, "Should have tried."
In response to Reply #2

Yep I'm always looking for a scuffle and I tend to have words for all of my enemies

Anyway good work with Trajka, you should try a trib..an evil one of course

Fendracorl (Guest)Fri 14-Oct-05 07:17 AM

#42031, "Trajka gone"
In response to Reply #2

We did have some fights, though not much in the woods where I'm sure you'd have easily had the upperhand. Our talks in the park were what I recall best. You and a couple outlanders do spend a lot of time talking to me as opposed to just trying to fight--makes the cabal seem more varied and fun to interact with.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll be missed in outlander, have fun and I'm sure we'll see you back.

Praminthal (Guest)Sat 15-Oct-05 10:07 PM

#42061, "RE: Yeah deleted."
In response to Reply #2

To bad. We started early together and I really liked you wolf. You had a good character and I'm gonna miss you. Come back after the exams.

Arminas (Guest)Mon 17-Oct-05 12:03 AM

#42074, "Gah"
In response to Reply #2

You can't even begin to imagine how much I was pulling for you not only to get in, as were many other I should mention, but that you would fairly quickly get named Harbinger. You held out forever and kept patient and then almost as soon as you got in, you delete! I've been asked to smack you about, but since I owe you one for the lava pit, I'll spare you this once. As for being MIA, well, life tends to occasionally hit hard in one's enjoyment persuits. I'm trying to make up for it.

In all seriousness I was especially impressed and encouraged when this character turned up because I really did wholeheartedly feel you would make waves. Wish you'd have seen it all the way through. I also hope our paths cross again on the great CF journey.

Arminas

DurNominatorTue 18-Oct-05 01:55 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42093, "There you go."
In response to Reply #2

Wolf went a bit prematurely, but do what's best for you. Didn't interact with you much, so there isn't much to say. Fre and Raluin didn't get along, which was one of few in-cabal alignment clashes he had. Good luck with your next!

Frearrir

Phaxhedea (Guest)Wed 12-Oct-05 11:47 PM

#42009, "Aww..."
In response to Reply #0

Aww... I'm really sad to see you go. I wish you would have stuck it out with me. Although our characters didn't get to know each other too well, I liked Trajka. He reminded me of the stoicness of Tjok, but more down-to-business. Good last PK in the Seantryn woods, though.

Trajka (Guest)Wed 12-Oct-05 11:57 PM

#42012, "Bleh..."
In response to Reply #1

He died in one hit, I was just lucky to get to him first . Tjok actually knew what he was doing. I just sucked. Heh. Though i'm kinda irked why Rangers were toned down so much, well ambush. Trajka paled severly in comparison to Thays. But ah well, Tjok, will always be one of the characters I remember. He was the Lariya of the Outlanders.

nepentheThu 13-Oct-05 11:45 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42026, "RE: Bleh..."
In response to Reply #3

>Though i'm kinda irked why Rangers were toned down so much,
>well ambush.

FYI, as far as I last checked, it hadn't been changed since the 1900s or so.

Trajka (Guest)Fri 14-Oct-05 12:34 AM

#42028, "Hrm."
In response to Reply #10

Well, fair enough. I just felt like ambush had been toned down some. Even with a relitivley good set, I felt like I wasn't hitting as hard as I was with Thays. But, this was sometime ago and who knows what I remember. Thanks though.

Nivek1Fri 14-Oct-05 03:05 PM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#42043, "RE: Bleh..."
In response to Reply #10

It's been five or six years since rangers lost the ability to ambush successfully more than once per tick on the same target? I think they got this ability the same time you diversified ambush.

I could be wrong, but I think it was more recent than that.

HagglerMon 17-Oct-05 04:25 PM
Member since 30th Jun 2005
110 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42085, "I'm relatively disturbed by this"
In response to Reply #13

Because I like Nep so much, and Nivek so much, and now they disagree. Fortunately, the answer is scientifically discernable.

from help 'NEWS ARCHIVE 2002'
2002/06/30 Ambush modified somewhat. See the help file for details.

Let's just say that "somewhat" was an understatement. It wasn't the 1900's at all, but it has been 3.5 years. In the grand scheme of gaming, 3.5 years is one hell of a long time, too. I don't know when this dude's last ranger was, though, so I can't speak for his noticing changes.

nepentheMon 17-Oct-05 05:49 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42086, "RE: I'm relatively disturbed by this"
In response to Reply #16

That's the variants to ambush (onslaught, etc.) being added, isn't it? These are options which give you, as a ranger, a little more tactical versatility.

However, I maintain that if you just type 'ambush' without arguments, you get the same ambush you would've gotten whenever Cador and I last reworked it, which I want to say is circa 1998.

nepentheMon 17-Oct-05 05:50 PM
3430 posts
#42087, "Disclaimer:"
In response to Reply #17

Tack onto all of that that I could be wrong, but I'm 95% sure no grand super-nerf of ambush has taken place.

ValguarneraMon 17-Oct-05 09:06 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42089, "Asterisks:"
In response to Reply #18

The recent-ish changes I'm aware of, which I don't think the original poster was talking about:

1) Everyone's ambush got toned down below level 25.
2) Wood-elves have a small bonus just for being wood-elves (*), like they do with most nature-y skills.
3) It's harder to ambush someone who already has people attacking them, which was part of some early de-ganking code.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

(*) As in, they do better than a human with the same stats, equipment, etc. would.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #42008 Previous topic | Next topic