Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Ixullathan Orduich the Grand Master of..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #41950
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 10-Oct-05 12:48 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41950, "(DELETED) [None] Ixullathan Orduich the Grand Master of Changelings"

Mon Oct 10 12:50:01 2005

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Ixullathan perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:400

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ixullathan Orduich the Grand Maste..., Ixullathan (Guest), 10-Oct-05 02:45 PM, #1
     Reply Well..that is a relief, I didn't completely annoy you!, Aryze Amakiir (Guest), 10-Oct-05 03:07 PM, #2
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ixullathan Orduich the Grand Maste..., Harkan (Guest), 10-Oct-05 03:56 PM, #3
     Reply Bye, Meagara (Guest), 10-Oct-05 04:58 PM, #4
     Reply WOW!, Aiekooso, 10-Oct-05 05:12 PM, #5
     Reply Im goin ta miss you, Volicitry (Guest), 10-Oct-05 05:39 PM, #6
     Reply Well..., Ornerne (Guest), 10-Oct-05 06:30 PM, #7
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ixullathan Orduich the Grand Maste..., Seiichi (Guest), 10-Oct-05 07:05 PM, #8
     Reply I'm glad you didn't take my earlier post the wrong way...., Ixullathan (Guest), 11-Oct-05 04:36 PM, #11
     Reply Shame to see you go., Kaazra (Guest), 11-Oct-05 04:03 AM, #9
          Reply When it's time to go..., Ixullathan (Guest), 11-Oct-05 04:25 PM, #10

Ixullathan (Guest)Mon 10-Oct-05 02:45 PM

#41953, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ixullathan Orduich the Grand Maste..."
In response to Reply #0

Ixullathan was a bit of an experiment. He was my first major character in almost
two years, my first shifter in almost four, and my first tribunal though I have had
a couple arbiters quite some time ago. I must say I prefer arbiters to the tribunal.

I tried to be a magistrate who put duty before everything. Before learning, personal
gain, hunting, everything. I wanted to be as present in a city as possible at all
times. I also wanted to be a Vindicator which is why I chose offensive/air though as
I think back on it defense/anything else would have been a far better choice. Shifters
are just not as cool a class as they used to be and the need a lot of work. After I
destroyed my chance at being Vindicator by improperly marking Yagharek and being busted
down to magistrate of Hamsah I told Seiichi I would retire after I had been a useful
example of what not to do to the rest of the magistrates. I figured once I became old
and hit 400 hours I would do just that. No point in hanging on when the character had
been essentially destroyed by my own actions. Unfortunately I didnt become old til 395
hours so it didn't give me much time to be 'retired' but I stayed true to my word and
both retired as soon as I could then deleting at 400 hours.

The hierachy in Tribunal is interesting but there are far too few justiciars and vin-
dicators to make it work. There needs to be some coverage and it just isnt there.
Also manacles just do not work. They are too easy to get around which makes them a
worthless power on all but the most newbie of players. Manacles need to have a high
chance of stopping spells, supplications, and special skills including warrior specs.
Honestly, how are you going to perform any kind of feat when your extremities are
chained together. Being wanted should be something people WANT to avoid not something
they wear as a badge of honor. As it is being a criminal is a joke since is isn't much
more than a nuisance. Special guards are good overall but lacking in that they are way
too slow to attack a criminal which allows the wanted to just walk past them unharmed and
are far too easily turned against you. Special guards are a major power of magistrates
and when turned means you not only have one less power to rely on but a new enemey. I
understand Outlander powers were specifically made to make it hard on Tribs but they are
not balanced to what tribs can do accordingly. At least make it so their chameleon power
will not work when manacled, I wouldn't suggest it for just being wanted as that would be
far to easy to abuse. Oh, and it sucks not having the special guards work as a shifter.
All you can do is call them.

Goodbyes and Thanks:

Immortals:
Dalteric, thank you for inducting me and being understanding on my numerous mistakes.

Trabryn, sorry I wasn't up to grade. I hope you didn't waste too much time watching.

Tribunal:
Kaazra, you and Pookle were the closest things to friends Ix had in the Spire. The
fact that you were/are around as much if not more so than Ix gave him great respect
for you which is why I was always willing to help you gather zombies, re-equip, prep,
and hunt with you. I'm sorry I couldn't stick around and help with your becoming but
after 400 hours I needed to put an end to a very unsuccessful character.

Pookle, I said thank you in your goodbye note and I will repeat it here. Thanks. If it
wasn't for your help id never have heroed as things were going. I just wish you had
stayed around cause I think you did great.

Seiichi, I have mixed feelings about you. I think overall you make a pretty good Provost
but all too often grouping with marans who are well beyond occassional criminal is very
hypocritical of you. I can't count the number of times I saw you grouped with a maran or
member of the fortress who would judge "is a criminal" or worse. Even more so is that you
would help them on raids which really makes the Spire look bad and If I were an Imm of the
Spire I'd have booted you outright for it. At the same time you have a very nuturing side
of you that I find beneficial to many magistrates and in that regard you excel. I also
would not likely have made hero without your help.

Jaraffazar and Fendracorl: Both of you do well in your respective positions but I would
really have liked to see more of you. I enjoyed both of your characters and I hope you
continue to have fun.

Most of the rest of the tribunals I didn't have a chance to learn with and or really
interact with but I like most of what I see in the younger ones that are sticking it out.

Outlanders:
Bracktinsi, you are an obscene monster especially with Meakanera and I knew every time you
were around my life was going to become difficult. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when
you stopped showing up. You were the only character I actually feared to fight.

Aryze, Our talks were entertaining during my slow times. Props to you for keeping at it and
staying true to your RP through what have been some difficult times for you.

Fortress:
Meagara, I liked you quite a bit though your RPing at people as the dragon got a bit annoying
at times. Still your character has a great amount of integrity and it shows.

Forsk, your goodbyes are on your graveyard post.

Ragers:
Dargmart, you kept coming after me and coming after me like a pitbull and it was some seriously
balls to the wall attitude. I'm glad I got to kill you back a few times.

Keviatalon, cripes you are sick with that polearm, very difficult to catch and kill, nearly
every time either you or I would get hurt enough to run and neither would catch up.

Aladar, you are proof as to why bards shouldn't be allowed in the village. You kick ass though
in a sunshine sort of way. still you do a damn good job.

The rest of the villagers are a bunch of pansies who would only attack me when I wasn't shifted
and more than once you attacked me with two people.

Empire:
Aurillinius, You were very difficult to kill. I tried to bring you to justice at least a dozen
times and you always had the right song for the right moment to make it go your way til the raid.

Yagharek, sorry about the bad flag, i was bored and wanted to see how far I could push the laws.

Others:
Zujos, thanks for all the help ranking. You were always trying to be helpful and I appreciate it.

To everyone else thanks alot, good or bad it did help to make things interesting.

--Ix

Aryze Amakiir (Guest)Mon 10-Oct-05 03:07 PM

#41954, "Well..that is a relief, I didn't completely annoy you!"
In response to Reply #1

thanks, I do try my best, though lately I have been...well not too happy(but I am at least sticking with this char out, just to see what happens). I am sorry if I did ever get too annoying, I tend to have a bad habit of just babbling :< I suppose I will see ya around, in some other guise.

Harkan (Guest)Mon 10-Oct-05 03:56 PM

#41958, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ixullathan Orduich the Grand Maste..."
In response to Reply #1

Well done sticking that out. You were the most dutiful bastard Ive seen. From my end it looked DAMN boring. I liked your char alot though and enjoyed the odd talk and whatnot. Take care.

Meagara (Guest)Mon 10-Oct-05 04:58 PM

#41961, "Bye"
In response to Reply #1

"Meagara, I liked you quite a bit though your RPing at people as the dragon got a bit annoying at times. Still your character has a great amount of integrity and it shows."

Wow, I don't even recall doing it that much around you...but then, you got some of the very first dose of it I think, when we were grouped at like 20th level killing stuff under Arkham. Nowadays the GD only makes rare appearances.

Seiichi doesn't need me sticking up for him but I will tell you that he's got people annoyed at him both directions...you don't like him grouping with Maran criminals, and Maran criminals don't like him being with evil Tribbies. He's got a tough road, esp. as a leader-type char...I think he's a lightning rod for criticism.

I didn't really get to see a lot of your RP other than that you were definitely Law first, everything else second. I thought I sensed bitterness when you were like "That's not my jurisdiction" and "Kaazra technically outranks me so you'll have to deal with her directly." and such.

Anyways thanks for the memories, luck with the next.

AiekoosoMon 10-Oct-05 05:12 PM
Member since 18th Dec 2003
305 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41962, "WOW!"
In response to Reply #1

Talk about a jaded opinion. Seriously play an Outlander mage and see if that changes your viewpoint. Mages are seriously handicapped by manacles, unless they do a couple of things to counter them. Even then though manacles are a pain in the ass. I do agree though that priest classes and warriors should have diffuculties with them. ie with your hands bound you find it hard to pincer your opponent and with priests you find it diffucult to concentrate on your prayers with your hands bound. This would make it a better skill all around and more of a deterent to every class. Having played tribunals the only power of Outlanders that bothered me was beastcall. Those friggin things are just insane on a mage class. From what I saw of you, you definately could have done more with your forms. Good luck with whatever.

Meakanera

Volicitry (Guest)Mon 10-Oct-05 05:39 PM

#41963, "Im goin ta miss you"
In response to Reply #5

My mentor! Loved you, Always there for me. Thanks for the extensions and helping me rank. Good character and Tribunal, cept for that one time............................................

See you in the fields. Good luck

Ornerne (Guest)Mon 10-Oct-05 06:30 PM

#41964, "Well..."
In response to Reply #1

Sorry for that ####ty death/looting when we went into the underdark, that whole thing was a mess. I enjoyed our little time we had together, hope you have fun with whatever you do next.

Seiichi (Guest)Mon 10-Oct-05 07:05 PM

#41965, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ixullathan Orduich the Grand Maste..."
In response to Reply #1

A pretty good character and Tribunal for the most part. You knew what you were doing and that counted for a lot. We had a few differences in how the law was interpreted, and that is fine. You had a couple mishaps here and there, but continued as you said you would. If I could have had more from this character, it would have been to not have had those bumps in the road. I was REALLY pushing for you to get Vindicator. Its like we were talking about it, and then all of sudden I'm getting this complaint about a mistake you made. But like I said, you carried on with a scratch on the record, and did just fine.

As for the Fortress, well, while I'd prefer to keep that IC, I'll give you an explanation here. Honestly, I had completely forgotten about that rule when you told me. It was pretty early on, or at least that is how I remember it. But after you had mentioned that to me, I have been a lot more careful. Thanks! So we aren't all perfect That's what makes it so much fun! Sometimes I think the errors and mistakes make for a really well rounded character.

In your case, I had always thought your mistake led to a life of being somewhat bitter.. Especially after you had said you didn't want to risk your life anymore unless it was directly related to duty. I'll not mention names, but it wasn't just me who noticed this. Whether it was a direct reflection of the mistake you made, or just old age getting to you, I wasn't sure. But IC I always assumed it was your age, and thought nothing of it. Wouldn't mind hearing what that was all about now that its gone and done. What we do as characters inside the game really directs our characters for the rest of the time they are played... Gee, a lot like life you know! Maybe that's why people leave, and come back. Or don't leave at all. This has gotten long enough now, and I hope you don't decide to leave, and do come back with another exciting, influential character as Ixullathan. Thoroughly enjoyed our time together. See you around.

Ixullathan (Guest)Tue 11-Oct-05 04:36 PM

#41985, "I'm glad you didn't take my earlier post the wrong way...."
In response to Reply #8

..because after re-reading it and meagara's reaction I does sound a bit offensive and if you were offened my apologies. You really do a good job as Provost.

You mentioned that I seemed bitter and that was fully my intent. Ix tried to be humble but he loved advancement and when he realized that he could never become what he wanted you bet he did become bitter. However his sense of dedication to Duty would not allow him to leave until he felt that he had at least made up for his mistake and then he could retire with honor (as I promised I would) when the time was right.

Not long after being demoted You and another had agreed to get items for each other but you were being rather forceful when you asked for my help. This was in a placed that I had died twice before and considering the situation it was perfectly reasonable to refuse, even more so since the sting of demotion was still there so why would he help you get something special that had little to nothing to do with performing your duties. If you recall, however, I said quite plainly that though I wouldnt help feed the greed of certain magistrates I would willingly die for them if it would save their lives and I proved that several times, the last when trying to save Ornerne from the villagers when he got slept. I also gladly helped other magistrates learn, reclothe when they had nothing, it was the rather suicidal missions to get special items that irked Ix and so he would no longer have anything to do with it.

I really do appreciate your kind comments and that you thought i was exciting and influential, however it is a view that does not seem to be shared by many others and the comments on my PBF seem to verify that. Still I have no regrets with Ix and I really did enjoy playing it but it was simply time to go.

--Ix

Kaazra (Guest)Tue 11-Oct-05 04:03 AM

#41974, "Shame to see you go."
In response to Reply #1

I thought you were a great tribunal and I always respected your opinions and interpretation of the law. It was always pleasant to have you up in the sky scouting for the criminals and helping me find corpses to animate. One thing I do regret not doing with you is speaking at length about the religion. Also, I think your difficulties with Trabryn spawned mostly from the almost certain (in my mind) fact that you and he play completely different hours. I've only met him once myself. The Yagharek incident was a major setback and I regret not being more forceful in stating my opinion that it was a bad flag at the time. It seemed to me that you lost a lot of wind in your sails mostly in the aftermath, but were you starting to loose interest even before that? It seemed so to me and I have been dreading seeing you on the battlefield ever since. Still, I think you could have made Vindicator if you stuck around another 50 hours or so, you still had a lot of living left to do in my humble opinion . Regardless, all the best and you will be missed.

- Kaazra

In Addendum, you may be interested to know that I played Kibling - nexus shifter (utility/air) and I gotta tell you, next time use more ABS!

Ixullathan (Guest)Tue 11-Oct-05 04:25 PM

#41984, "When it's time to go..."
In response to Reply #9

..it's time to go. The Yagharek Incident (sounds like a Jason Bourne sequel) was the main event that started the downward spiral. I was bored before that but content where things were going. About being more forceful in your views you actually said you were interested to see where this went and it was interesting. I think the punishment was far worse than the mistake but to be honest I don't think Dalteric really wanted me to be a provincial much less Vindicator so I doubt I would have gotten it even if I hadn't made the mistake. The imm comments on the PB definately put me into a bad light even though I recovered the scales many times on my own, often with opposition. I defended successfully tons of times which the exception of mass gangs when I was alone or the combo of Bracktinsi and Meakanera. Also I was super vigilant as anyone can say yet you don't see any of those positive comments.

Playing Ix was fun as I seldom had a huge downtime in the cities before someone would come to either kill me, kill someone else, or attack the spire yet you can often get a feel for a character and know if they are going to truly ammount to something or not. I knew over time and through a couple interactions with Dalteric that I wasn't going to ever get any higher than Provincial, which isn't a bad thing, though after the mistake I also knew I would never be a provincial again as I was in galadon for 60 hours when previous advancements came at 30 to 40 hours. Just too many setbacks to keep me interested. Also when I told Seiichi I would retire when I got old after he announced my punishment I committed myself to a course of action and I was determined to see it through. I got old so I retired, then I hit 400 hours and I knew it was time to delete.

btw, I was Quezzumpliet when you were Kibling and I really enjoyed that character and was disappointed you deleted as early as you did.

--Ix aka Quezz

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #41950 Previous topic | Next topic