Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Boca the Champion of Battlefields,..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #41849
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 04-Oct-05 08:00 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41849, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Boca the Champion of Battlefields, Magistrate of Galadon"

Tue Oct 4 19:59:47 2005

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Boca perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:46
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:203

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Boca the Champion of Battlefie..., Boca (Guest), 15-Oct-05 04:41 PM, #19
Reply I loved Boca, Dargmart (Guest), 20-Oct-05 10:06 AM, #20
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Boca the Champion of Battlefie..., Ornerne (Guest), 13-Oct-05 08:09 PM, #17
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Boca the Champion of Battlefie..., Baltherias (Guest), 11-Oct-05 03:08 PM, #15
Reply I goin ta miss yah, volicitry (Guest), 09-Oct-05 08:30 PM, #14
Reply Boca, Arminas (Guest), 09-Oct-05 06:28 AM, #9
Reply You gotta be kidding., Kyn (Guest), 09-Oct-05 11:21 AM, #11
     Reply RE: You gotta be kidding., Aiekooso, 09-Oct-05 11:39 AM, #12
     Reply IMHO:, nepenthe, 09-Oct-05 12:11 PM, #13
Reply Why was my post deleted?, KynBrummGerhas (Guest), 08-Oct-05 07:33 PM, #7
Reply RE: Why was my post deleted?, wakanojo (Guest), 08-Oct-05 09:12 PM, #8
     Reply Not this time., Kyn (Guest), 09-Oct-05 11:20 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Boca the Champion of Battlefie..., Seiichi (Guest), 07-Oct-05 10:28 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Boca the Champion of Battlefie..., Boca (Guest), 13-Oct-05 09:10 AM, #16
     Reply BOOOOOOO!!!!, Kyn (Guest), 13-Oct-05 11:51 PM, #18
Reply Bah, I liked you., Falun (Guest), 05-Oct-05 04:06 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Boca the Champion of Battlefie..., Dalteric, 05-Oct-05 11:52 AM, #4
Reply I'm sorry to see you go Boca...., Ixullathan (Guest), 05-Oct-05 10:39 AM, #3
Reply Sad to see this character go!, nepenthe, 05-Oct-05 12:54 AM, #2
Reply Hmm... why?, Ikalaki (Guest), 04-Oct-05 09:32 PM, #1

Boca (Guest)Sat 15-Oct-05 04:41 PM

#42060, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Boca the Champion of Battlefie..."
In response to Reply #0

I guess i have to put a bit more than what i already did. Ive never had a character with any sort of impact in the realms.
First to all of the Spire, thanks for putting up with a lot of my newbie antics. I remember when i was tracking down a criminal with Ixullathan and Kaazra, Kaazra was trying to summon him, and when he failed i still attacked the first person in the room and was killed my the both of them. Heh.
Seiichi: I want to thank you for pointing me in the right direction. You did give me a lot of valuable insights into being patient, i hope that i will use them in other characters.
Ornerne: I always thought you were angry. I guess you werent always.
Oh well.
Ixullathan: I liked you, you are a friendly gnome.
Kyn: Thanks for showing me the ropes. I hated that character though. Always trying to be funny, and you really werent. No offence.
To the rest, Thanks for everything, ill be back soon enough.

To the Outlanders i say, we has a lot of good fights. I dont think i actually won any, but they were good none the less. Arminas, i remember talking with you in Darsylon and when i was really young near the forest of nowhere, we had some good interactions.

The Village: I hate Dargmart, i must have died to you 20 times, yet you always apolgized for killing me. I am glad the war ended, the spire, nor the village lost, i did. Heh.

I just want to state for the record that i started the war with the empire by marking Yargrok the emperor. It was a valid mark, i just wanted to state that for the record.

I didnt write this directly after i deleted, so i wont remember everyone, but i had a lot of fun with this character, and hopefully you wont see a rudy type character with my next one, and know it is me again. See you in the fields.

Dargmart (Guest)Thu 20-Oct-05 10:06 AM

#42139, "I loved Boca"
In response to Reply #19

I didn't kill you 20 times.

The day the war with Tribs started I was trying to drive home the point that it was a really, really bad idea for tribs to fight battle. There were like four tribs on the minute the war started, and I just rotated around attacking you all as you unghosted. Unfourtunatly you kept trying to fight back, so you kept dying.

After that day, I realized that you were a newbie and limited my Boca killings to one a day - and I stopped looting you. I also made it a point not to be an ass to you, and to say that I really didn't want to kill you - which was 100% true. I had a plan to have Dargmart take Boca under his wing and teach him how to fight w/o magic but I kinda lost interest in CF so it never came to fruition.

OH! You might like to know that my first CF hero was a neutral trouper (the heralds of yore) and he was mass murdered by the ragers for 300 hours of the chars life. Why? One of their thieves saw me with a potion in my inventory once. You kids today don't know what "tough" is!

Ornerne (Guest)Thu 13-Oct-05 08:09 PM

#42024, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Boca the Champion of Battlefie..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry you felt I was treating you badly or something like that, I was just trying to explain the laws to you, but you were sure set in your beliefs, heh. You did a good job, definately as everyone said, you sure kept on trucking. I liked that. Good luck on the next.

Ornerne

Baltherias (Guest)Tue 11-Oct-05 03:08 PM

#41983, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Boca the Champion of Battlefie..."
In response to Reply #0

Wanted to give you my props. Didn't quite peg you as a fresh newbie, but the heart shown through time and time again. You stood up for what Boca believed in, and you brought it even when you were outmatched. CF can use more like you, you better be back soon!

volicitry (Guest)Sun 09-Oct-05 08:30 PM

#41941, "I goin ta miss yah"
In response to Reply #0

Inducted into da Cabal together. Grew up. Hate to see you go. Good character.

Arminas (Guest)Sun 09-Oct-05 06:28 AM

#41911, "Boca"
In response to Reply #0

I had no idea that you were in any way new to the game until Nep mentioned it in his post. The few interactions that we had with one another were well played from your side. In fact, in the meeting we had in Darsylon, you roleplayed the whole thing about 'taking advantage' extremely well, while your then groupmates, not Tribunals, acted.. well, less so. I have played this game on and off for many years, and I can say without a doubt that when I was as new as you apparently are I did not put forth nearly as much effort into interaction with others. You died more than I remember others of the spire doing so, but it did not once slow you down. We were opposed, but I really did like you and your take on the letter of the law. I cannot wait to cross paths with you again in one way or another.

Arminas

Kyn (Guest)Sun 09-Oct-05 11:21 AM

#41917, "You gotta be kidding."
In response to Reply #9

This guy screamed newbie!

That's what made him so adorable!

AiekoosoSun 09-Oct-05 11:39 AM
Member since 18th Dec 2003
305 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41919, "RE: You gotta be kidding."
In response to Reply #11

Arminas screamed newbie to me, but apparently that isn't the case. Sometimes it is just peoples rp, I guess.

nepentheSun 09-Oct-05 12:11 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41922, "IMHO:"
In response to Reply #11

It's easier to spot newbie as either someone who gets to see all the angles (like me) or as an ally (like Kyn) than as an enemy. Someone falls into your trap as an enemy and you figure you're just brilliant. You see someone fall into 20 different traps in a day as an ally and you get it.

KynBrummGerhas (Guest)Sat 08-Oct-05 07:33 PM

#41903, "Why was my post deleted?"
In response to Reply #0

Seriously.

wakanojo (Guest)Sat 08-Oct-05 09:12 PM

#41904, "RE: Why was my post deleted?"
In response to Reply #7

usually because you were vaguely critical of an immortal.

Kyn (Guest)Sun 09-Oct-05 11:20 AM

#41916, "Not this time."
In response to Reply #8

I was Boca's #1 fan.

Seiichi (Guest)Fri 07-Oct-05 10:28 AM

#41883, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Boca the Champion of Battlefie..."
In response to Reply #0

I thoroughly enjoyed Boca's time, and I was hoping to spend more time with you. I thought you were often suicidal, but that didn't matter. What mattered was the heart you had, and the ability to keep going when the going got tough. I was hoping to see a little more patience from you though after we had spoken a little bit. Wish you could have kept going though. You were a solid presence as a magistrate with your good retrievals and good defenses, and you did fairly well with the specifics of the cabal. Good luck with the next (hope there is a next...already)

See you in the fields

*salute*

Boca (Guest)Thu 13-Oct-05 09:10 AM

#42018, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Boca the Champion of Battlefie..."
In response to Reply #6

There is already a next, and will be many more to come after that, this games got me. Thanks for the kinds words from all. Being a newbie was kind of a part of this character, so i appreciate that you realized that, but i am in no way a vetran. Ill see you all around im sure.

Kyn (Guest)Thu 13-Oct-05 11:51 PM

#42027, "BOOOOOOO!!!!"
In response to Reply #16

You have got to say more than that.

You made a noticable presence in the game and affected many people. Thus it's unsporting of you not to give your oppinions of others.

We all learn from this sort of dialog.

Watch out for the Battlements.

Falun (Guest)Wed 05-Oct-05 04:06 PM

#41867, "Bah, I liked you."
In response to Reply #0

I tried to watch out for you as much as I could, I kept the pit stocked with gear and whomever I saw taking advantage of you..I took care of..one way or another

Get back out there when you can!

DaltericWed 05-Oct-05 11:52 AM
Member since 26th Jun 2005
82 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41862, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Boca the Champion of Battlefie..."
In response to Reply #0

A sad Boca passing,

What to say about Boca? I will admit I've always respected the newbie, and glad to see them out there in the cabal. You mixed it up, and did everything you could. Sure you died more often than not, but you took it on the chin, got up, and ran back to do more.

I won't go into details of some of the conversations I overhead about you by your cabal mates, but you were thought of most fondly by mortals and immortals.

Well, I think speaking for most anyone foolish enough to trust me to speak for them, we all hope to see you back on CF soon (and in Tribs).

Congratulations on a character well done, and I hope you had fun.

Ixullathan (Guest)Wed 05-Oct-05 10:39 AM

#41861, "I'm sorry to see you go Boca...."
In response to Reply #0

...you had tons of heart, you made mistakes but you learned from them and got better for it. You were always willing to help another even at your own expense and in general you were stand out more for the quality of the character you portrayed than anything else which actually says alot. You had tons of setbacks and just kept at them even though I could tell you were getting frustrated. Do make another character and I hope to see you in the fields in some guise.

--Ix

nepentheWed 05-Oct-05 12:54 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41854, "Sad to see this character go!"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 05-Oct-05 12:54 AM

This was a character well-beloved by many of the staff for his indomitable spirit and general heart. It was like watching Rudy, but with more axe-murdering. Specifically, axe-murdering of, rather than by, Boca. Boca, or Veggie Ribs as I liked to think of him, took many a severe beating and kept on trucking. I couldn't do that anymore, I don't think. Much respect.

Nicely played, and good luck on your next character.

Ikalaki (Guest)Tue 04-Oct-05 09:32 PM

#41851, "Hmm... why?"
In response to Reply #0

We had good fights. What gives?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #41849 Previous topic | Next topic