Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Blaindon the Student of the Macall..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #41443
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 17-Sep-05 03:16 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41443, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Blaindon the Student of the Macalla"

Sat Sep 17 03:15:04 2005

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Blaindon perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:132

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Blaindon the Student of the Ma..., Forsk (Guest), 17-Sep-05 11:55 AM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Blaindon the Student of the Ma..., Icthaen (Guest), 17-Sep-05 12:11 PM, #6
Reply commune 'damnation' Blaindon, Meagara (Guest), 17-Sep-05 09:22 AM, #3
Reply I had actually written him a note, Dorn (Guest), 17-Sep-05 10:54 AM, #4
Reply Really saddens me to delete him. Such high expectations..., Icthaen (Guest), 17-Sep-05 03:39 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Really saddens me to delete him. Such high expectat..., Aetomin (Guest), 17-Sep-05 06:01 AM, #2
     Reply You were solid, Zorxlorg (Guest), 17-Sep-05 01:41 PM, #7
     Reply You never did answer my question about the dwarfs, Xalintil (Guest), 17-Sep-05 01:42 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Really saddens me to delete him. Such high expectat..., Jrekgrim (Guest), 18-Sep-05 10:58 PM, #9

Forsk (Guest)Sat 17-Sep-05 11:55 AM

#41453, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Blaindon the Student of the Ma..."
In response to Reply #0

Man you know you werent even hero yet. It sometimes takes a while to get into the pk grove of a char. Each warrior is different you sometimes have to adjust your tactics and what not. On another note, gondrak is a prep fiend, which I doubt you were. I bet you no matter how much you think you sucked your pk record is probably hell of a lot better than mine is.
On to something more positive though, I enjoyed our interaction you were a stable warrior that knew what he was doing. I would suggest taking the time to stick it out, sometimes getting your ass kicked repeatedly can be its own reward. Trust me i Know hehehehe

Forsk

Icthaen (Guest)Sat 17-Sep-05 12:11 PM

#41454, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Blaindon the Student of the Ma..."
In response to Reply #5

You make a good point, but I have 'stuck it out' with some of my characters, mostly ragers (I've con died two of them) but well...I dunno. Guess this would be a rage delete. Anyway, I do usually prep but the 2 haste sources that i thought were well kept secrets apparently are not, and stoneskin/prot evil was simply not enough dam redux for the beat downs Blaindon was getting. As far as pk ratio, I don't really care about that. I don't mind getting ganged down, but losing one on one fights that i shouldn't lose is frustrating. Then there's people like Trulinta who suck the fun out of the game for me. Ok time to move on, good luck with leadership.

Meagara (Guest)Sat 17-Sep-05 09:22 AM

#41451, "commune 'damnation' Blaindon"
In response to Reply #0

Damn you, you were one of my favorite ally chars because we had our verbal sparring matches all the time, and I thought we worked pretty well together.

Sorry your specs weren't serving you well, but one thing you have to realize when you're talking Zorxlorg, Gondrak, etc. is that they had cabal powers that helped them out more than yours did (plus they had specs meant for ripping you up). Maybe that was just the "last straw" but it's too bad.

As for inducting you, I told Aarn that the moment I saw you I was going to induct you, it was pretty ridiculous that you leveled from 30ish (earlier?) after getting recommendations from a lot of maran/squire folks up to level 42 over the course of a couple of weeks and raided/retrieved like you were one of us, yet weren't one of us.

Well, luck with the next, roll up another Fortress warrior and come kick some tail with us again (and get our tails kicked too).

Dorn (Guest)Sat 17-Sep-05 10:54 AM

#41452, "I had actually written him a note"
In response to Reply #3

Saying that I wasn't ignoring him, I just didn't see him much. When I did see him, I was usually right in the middle of raiding or retrieving. Anyway, I had written a note telling him to contact me the next time he saw me, and I would make time no matter what. And then.. I deleted *grumble*.

Icthaen (Guest)Sat 17-Sep-05 03:39 AM

#41444, "Really saddens me to delete him. Such high expectations..."
In response to Reply #0

And such low low performance. Getting a tell for Zorxlorg after he killed me in a straight up solo fight saying 'You forgot to bring your friends' or something just made me sick. Not that he particularly had anything to do with the deletion, as getting absolutely tooled by Gondrak and a few others was flat out embarassing and had more to do with it.
I could go on and on regarding why I think he sucked. I picked all my specs/legacies for rp purposes. Mace/Hand to hand just seemed downright dwarfish to me, but damn was I frustrated with vital area missing four times in a row in pk and it being at 100% or cranial always missing at opportune times and boneshatter/drum not being reliable. It sounds like i'm blaming the specs, but I suppose i'm just disappointed in how I used them. I've seen other chars make good use of them. Legacies were fires of adversity and gates of the forge...fires I didn't noticed much except maybe tanking a bit better while I was being bashed down hehe. Gates I didn't spend enough time experimenting with but I regretted it right after I chose it and noticed that pwent gear didn't seem to make use of it. (at least from my VERY limited observations).
Anyway, enough whining and on to a few goodbyes.

Fort :
Meagara : Ah, I wish I could have stayed on. Loved your character and you'll go very far....if it's possible to go farther than you already are. Damn I think our characters could have had some very cool headbutts regarding how we fight evil etc...but twas not meant to be. Thanks for not putting off the induction, sitting around for 100 hours playing the maran role and not even getting an interview was pretty frustrating.

Forsk : Liked you too, Fort is in good hands. Both very solid players running it from what I've seen.

Xilla : Bleh, I had hoped to rank to hero with you. Loved our interactions, loads of fun. Blaindon just talked the talk, but couldn't walk the walk. You should be the next Acolyte leader in my opinion. For one you actually log on, and two you know what you're doing.

Other Forties : Faltarn, Charolan and crew, good luck!

As far as enemies go, nothing too big stands out. I'll hold my tongue regarding a few characters that I hated as they're still active.
But what I would say about them is to remember that it's a game. You don't have to send tells to people about how you're going to full loot them every chance you get even if you are playing an evil character. Or smalk talk to no end...it's a game. Think of the other person and you'll enjoy it more yourself.

Gondrak : I smoked you with Vinourak, but damn did you return the favor to Blaindon. I should've deleted after you command denied me for like 15 rounds and finished me off with a nice flurry. I felt so pathetic after that. I think i had prot evil/enlarge/stoneskin/flight and it didn't make one difference. You have definitely caught on to playing him.

Zilopza : If only I could have crumbled your mask with dent. Mwahahaha.

Aite, back to school ####. Damn this week I played too much CF.

Icthaen, Vinourak, lots more ragers and forties. Ciao. Post and i'll reply.

Aetomin (Guest)Sat 17-Sep-05 06:01 AM

#41447, "RE: Really saddens me to delete him. Such high expectat..."
In response to Reply #1

I was hoping to get to fight you a bit more 1vs1. Anyway, hard combo, good luck on your next.

-aetomin

Zorxlorg (Guest)Sat 17-Sep-05 01:41 PM

#41459, "You were solid"
In response to Reply #1

There was nothing wrong with your character...It was not easy fighting against boneshatter+vital when I have little in the way of maladicting and I wear str over dexterity. Gondrak smacked the hell out of me too btw; he flurried me for about 900 hp...Faltarn did the same thing and its frustrating but prepping will keep you alive to run from those. I know that you don't prep because I haven't been and we fought pretty evenly...that last fight I just suprised you because I had a lighter polearm in my inventory and you weren't flying.

Xalintil (Guest)Sat 17-Sep-05 01:42 PM

#41460, "You never did answer my question about the dwarfs"
In response to Reply #1

And you were not as weak as you thought, you defintely helped out the odds against us when you were about.

Jrekgrim (Guest)Sun 18-Sep-05 10:58 PM

#41481, "RE: Really saddens me to delete him. Such high expectat..."
In response to Reply #1

We didn't group much, but I always liked seeing you in our groups because we seemed to tear things up quickly with you on board. If nothing else, it was a novelty having a warrior in the Fortress.
Regarding some people sucking the fun out of the game, you bring fun to the game. I look forward to your next character.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #41443 Previous topic | Next topic