Subject: "(Del) Dorn Brightsteel Stalwart Champion of Light, Mars..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #41391
Show all folders

Dorn (Guest)Thu 15-Sep-05 03:06 PM

#41391, "(Del) Dorn Brightsteel Stalwart Champion of Light, Marshall"

Well I tried to post this once before, I'll try again before my memory starts fading on me.

First I wish to say this was not a rage delete, though I know it will show up as one. Dorn was just getting old, his stats were starting to drop from age. After the last death, I didn't have it in me to dress the old dwarf again. After getting through some liches, and various other nightmares, I thought he had earned a rest.

Dorn was my the attempt, after a lot of years of trying, to make a character that basically behaved like Fizban from Dragonlance. The wise old fellow, who acts like an idiot, but has hidden steel in him. I almost gave up several times, when the assassins were after me hot and heavy when I was in the low ranks. I'm not sure how many times I was assassinated, but it was a lot. I took the leadership position reluctantly, and even said at the time I didn't want it, but I would not forsake my duty. This was actually the first leader that I felt pretty positive about most of the time.

Aarn- Being one of your priests feels really lonely at times. I'm pretty sure that you watched me a lot, but I think you rarely peeked your head in. Thanks for some of the more memorable empowerment, virtuing, and other random dwarfness that I've never experience before (it was my first dwarf).

Shokai- The good old phoenix. Thanks for sending me the very cool dream, and reward for me raking my ass over the coals so many times. I knew you were going to offer the leader position to me when you came down, but unlike Solasarath, I can't think of a good way to turn it down.

Arvam- Sorry I bled in your shrine and never brought you your present. I was actually looking for something all the time, but what do you get the god that has everything? heh

Innis- "Donna ever call meh god a gopher yeh pixie kisser!", nuff said.

Mortals
Dorn did not give his trust easily and only a few get the honor of trusted friend.

Gumbldink- My character went through a horrendous grieving period after you left. He also carved your name into his chest with a red hot shard of metal to remember his brother.

Qulenit- It was awesome having you around, and when you showed up, I knew we were going to get into some fierce combat.

Lleantrya(sp?)- My dragon killer! You were completely dependable, and wise beyond most fortress people. You really showed me a lot, and no matter how hard I pushed you were right there with me.

Senisblat- One of the best shamans I've worked with. I didn't know you all that well, but you were awesome to have in a fight.

Honorable mentions
Meagara, Jrekgrim, Jemr, and a few others I'm spacing on

Scions
Maztriel and Yagig were quite an impressive force together. If there is one thing I hate more than one invoker, it's two. I do have to admit though, I was far more afraid of Maz than yagig. Oh and yagig I have to tell you, after the "don't mind me if I ignore you" comment, I was rewarded quite well with some ale of a similar name.

Runaktla- I wasn't afraid of you at all.....until.... You completely froze my ass right at the fort doorstep. I treated you like a dangerous animal ever since that incident. You definitely changed my opinion of transmuters.

Azakard- One of the toughest warriors I've met, WHO SHOULDN'T BE!!! DAMN IT!! I came looking for a dark-elf sissy, and got my ass handed to me almost every time.

Imperials
Yagharek- I like you buddy, but I'm sorry, I don't feel like you deserve to be emperor. You were not very scary for Dorn. Be careful, I know of at least two people that should come for you soon.

Aurilinius- &*@#%, that's all I can say. You had my number most of the time. I beat you in our duel in the Daierein settlement, but I'm not even sure how I pulled that off. You are just freakin deadly, keep plugging away.

Dukreg- The most heart I've seen out of an imperial, barring maybe Auril up there. You would come to fight no matter what, and that really says something about your character's dedication which really impressed Dorn.

Dulmisa- Elusive, but not particularly deadly, wish we could have talked more. I have a feeling we could have had interesting foe conversations.

Rowan- Just hated you basically. You made life extemely difficult, but were about as dangerous as a nerf ball. Which is really irritating to both player and character. It's like the pixie you know you could squash, if you could just get it to stick around for a bit.

Outlanders
Meackara?- You were definitely getting to be an irritant, but you and Brack were almost always together. My biggest problem fighting you guys, is I would have no idea how many I'm going to face. I get dirt kicked at your outer, and people start popping out of the woodwork like crazy. I think your rp was awesome, but would have been more impressed if you did more alone.

Bracktinsi- Competent warrior, just learn to act on your own. I think I fought you alone one time.

Warders- Sorry I had to hit your outer, my hand was forced.

Thilzhiloins- If I had an arch-nemesis, believe it or not, you were it. You made life for the fort extremely difficult at times, and not just for me. To Dorn you were the fly in the ointment, that didn't need to be there damn it! Again another person that had Dorn's respect for his dedication.

Baltherias- Don't you just hate it when comments bite you in the ass? I think that's the second time I took someone down after they told me I couldn't. Nothing but respect for you though. You took a tough road, and some tough vulns to be where you are. Keep plugging away because I think it's impressive.

Villagers
Gerylanst- The wise old commander. We had more than a few scuffles because of disagreements on how we should hunt each other. I think in the end we just had to give each other some concessions so that we didn't have all out war. Definitely stood up for what you believed in though, which is why you are memorable.

All of the giant villagers- You guys seem like you all hated me at some point or another. I think I dueled almost every giant that came through the village, for some reason or another. If I lost to any of you, it was only once and I got away. All of you seem to be giants with "little angry guy" syndrome.

This is one last comment to anyone that did this to us and then complained about retaliation. Don't hit the Tara'bal, or raid the damn fortress, and then not expect retaliation. You never heard so many people whining when they got beat down, just because I took note of who hit our guardians or our bretheren. If you ever strike at us, you might as well accept it will be remembered, and returned in kind. That's all I've really got to say about that, it just steams me that people act surprised when they get smacked later.

Sorry if I forgot anyone, Dorn had a long life, and my memory can fail with all of the people he has met.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (Del) Dorn Brightsteel Stalwart Champion of Light, ..., Aarn, 19-Sep-05 09:17 AM, #14
Reply I liked Dorn (as a player), Aurilinius (Guest), 19-Sep-05 03:45 AM, #13
Reply PBF Paid. n/t, Cyth (Guest), 16-Sep-05 09:52 PM, #11
Reply Much appreciated! n/t, Dorn (Guest), 16-Sep-05 10:33 PM, #12
Reply Damn I was wondering if you'd every freakin die, Azakard (Guest), 16-Sep-05 02:50 PM, #10
Reply RE: (Del) Dorn Brightsteel Stalwart Champion of Light, ..., Forsk (Guest), 16-Sep-05 02:22 PM, #9
Reply RE: (Del) Dorn Brightsteel Stalwart Champion of Light, ..., Leeyantra (Guest), 16-Sep-05 06:33 AM, #8
Reply Goodbye!, Senisblat (Guest), 15-Sep-05 11:55 PM, #7
Reply Liked your char, Runaktla (Guest), 15-Sep-05 09:33 PM, #6
Reply No love for your loving healer?, Zilopza (Guest), 15-Sep-05 08:18 PM, #5
Reply RE: (Del) Dorn Brightsteel Stalwart Champion of Light, ..., Dukreg, 15-Sep-05 05:25 PM, #4
Reply RE: (Del) Dorn Brightsteel Stalwart Champion of Light, ..., Cyth (Guest), 15-Sep-05 04:33 PM, #3
Reply RE: (Del) Dorn Brightsteel Stalwart Champion of Light, ..., Meakanera (Guest), 15-Sep-05 04:21 PM, #2
Reply Thanks..., Meagara (Guest), 15-Sep-05 04:12 PM, #1

AarnMon 19-Sep-05 09:17 AM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41492, "RE: (Del) Dorn Brightsteel Stalwart Champion of Light, ..."
In response to Reply #0

Good character, Dorn really grew on me over time. I would say at first I thought you were just another average follower, then by the end here we were giving you extra virtue powers. We didn't go QUITE as far as a third virtue, but the single power you got was pretty damn nice. Not the most deathful of paladins, but I thought you played a perfect dwarf. You would run into anything, and you could stand there and soak up the hits like a champ while keeping your head about you.

Anyway, good luck with your next.

Aarn

Aurilinius (Guest)Mon 19-Sep-05 03:45 AM

#41485, "I liked Dorn (as a player)"
In response to Reply #0

You were very tough. Our fights were sort of defined by which weapon you had. If I could drop your weapon, you were pretty much a sitting duck, and I had a shotgun, and if I couldn't, well, we usually had a pretty good fight. I knew I was going to get a few good fights every time I saw you around, as we are both the kind that are not afraid to get away from the pack even when there is one to be travelled with. Good luck with your next. Oh, I think it was you that summoned me into a paladin/transmuter/warrior, and the transmuter got off a big disrupt mental and I still somehow survived, though I still have no idea how.
Aurilinius

Cyth (Guest)Fri 16-Sep-05 09:52 PM

#41438, "PBF Paid. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

Dorn (Guest)Fri 16-Sep-05 10:33 PM

#41441, "Much appreciated! n/t"
In response to Reply #11

n/t

Azakard (Guest)Fri 16-Sep-05 02:50 PM

#41431, "Damn I was wondering if you'd every freakin die"
In response to Reply #0

I'm glad you had such a tough time fighting Azakard what scares me is I thought him VERY flimsy... but eh, I guess its different when you don't see how much money I spend inbetween those few gasps of air in our fights I gave you easily 10G two to three times each time we fought if not more considering how rare it was to fight you alone, Raids and all that.
Lots of respect you seemed to be a skilled leader and a excellent RP'er though Azakard had nothing to say to a Dwarf, much less a freakin Paladin.
PS. I HATE that sword, and Defiance too.

Forsk (Guest)Fri 16-Sep-05 02:22 PM

#41430, "RE: (Del) Dorn Brightsteel Stalwart Champion of Light, ..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see ya go marshall.. i got a lot of tips from you in regards to paladins and what not. Forsk being my first one, I looked up to you both as a player and as a character. Thanks for the fun times fearless leader , come on back sometime we will have us some mo fun.

Forsk

Leeyantra (Guest)Fri 16-Sep-05 06:33 AM

#41427, "RE: (Del) Dorn Brightsteel Stalwart Champion of Light, ..."
In response to Reply #0

Lleantrya(sp?)- My dragon killer! You were completely dependable, and wise beyond most fortress people. You really showed me a lot, and no matter how hard I pushed you were right there with me.

Well, its LEEYANTRA, So much for remembering a person who keeps killing that damn dragon for you huh. Anyway, I like Dorn in somewhat, reminds me of a couple of characters I met in the past with my other characters. Anyway, I sorta expected that you would get Marshall. Heh Good luck on the next.

Senisblat (Guest)Thu 15-Sep-05 11:55 PM

#41422, "Goodbye!"
In response to Reply #0

For what it was worth, you constantly intrigued me. I saw you die once. Ever. Solid leader all around. Inducted only good quality people to the fort and was always shooting at the baddies. Senisblat liked and respected you a ton. You're going to be hard to replace, and fort is going to miss you for sure....and damn if you didn't make me want to play a dwarf pally of some sort too.

Good luck on your future chars.

See you in the fields,
yakfod

Runaktla (Guest)Thu 15-Sep-05 09:33 PM

#41414, "Liked your char"
In response to Reply #0

As the evil guy, interaction with Paladins is somewhat
limited. If there was any Paladin I interacted most with
it was you. That's not saying much, considering it still
was not a whole lot, but from what I saw you did seem
dwarfy, and very much made a point to act honorably. I
liked that, even though I'm not part of the "Paladins
must fight with parity" crowd I think its cool when it
happens.

Awesome char,

- Runaktla

Zilopza (Guest)Thu 15-Sep-05 08:18 PM

#41407, "No love for your loving healer?"
In response to Reply #0

Heh - Well played, i've interacted with you on both sides. I am amased how much damage a dwarf paladin can soak up at the archmage, but at the end you stopped trying to take the scepter with me there..

Take care, there is still much blood to be sheed in the fields..

DukregThu 15-Sep-05 05:25 PM
Member since 14th Sep 2005
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41399, "RE: (Del) Dorn Brightsteel Stalwart Champion of Light, ..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks, Dorn! I felt the same. I enjoyed the interactions we had (usually violent ones) but there was always that unspoken respect.
You really said "paladin" to me.

Best of luck with your next!

Cyth (Guest)Thu 15-Sep-05 04:33 PM

#41397, "RE: (Del) Dorn Brightsteel Stalwart Champion of Light, ..."
In response to Reply #0

You had a good run, you deserve a rest. After you became marshall, seemed like you changed, you stepped up to leadership. Not a bad quality, but Cytherea always liked you. Have fun with the next. Fizban..haven't heard that name since I read the books.

Meakanera (Guest)Thu 15-Sep-05 04:21 PM

#41396, "RE: (Del) Dorn Brightsteel Stalwart Champion of Light, ..."
In response to Reply #0

Outlanders
Meackara?- You were definitely getting to be an irritant, but you and Brack were almost always together. My biggest problem fighting you guys, is I would have no idea how many I'm going to face. I get dirt kicked at your outer, and people start popping out of the woodwork like crazy. I think your rp was awesome, but would have been more impressed if you did more alone.

I've seen you with a couple of different characters and liked you. I just wished you had stayed around a bit longer. As far as me travelling with Bracktinsi, you would be surprised at how many hours solo I'm around. You also seem to forget that it was me against you, then you ran off to heal up and returned with Caitlyn and a villager lurking outside. Wish you well with the next character and I hope it is an evil outlander. It is always fun when you see a hated enemy become your best friend.

Meagara (Guest)Thu 15-Sep-05 04:12 PM

#41394, "Thanks..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for the induction, the roleplay, and the co-raiding. You were pretty damn kickass. I only wish I had heroed earlier in your life so we could have done more together. Thanks for playing along with the dragon-stuff, I've had good/great experiences with it (like with you) and experiences where people just don't get it and tell me to stop yelling at them.

Good luck on the next char.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #41391 Previous topic | Next topic