Subject: "Ruren, Pookle, Pseudi are gone!" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #41330
Show all folders

LhydiaThu 15-Sep-05 10:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41330, "Ruren, Pookle, Pseudi are gone!"

Sorry for copping out on Maran and Tribunal, but I've been missing something in my mudding ever since I came back with Ruren. It sort of got pointed out to me that it was my Roleplay, and I guess I agree. I just couldn't find a character that fits that I want to stick with, whether I write a role or not.

I thought I was doing good with Ruren, I was having fun, but then nothing was happening as far as the religion goes, and the hero range and stuff wasn't that great.

Pookle was fun, I got GREAT forms, as in, I'm never playing a shifter again because I'll never have better forms then I had, but again, something was missing and I thought I might have found what it was by playing another character.

Pseudi I sort of rolled as a joke for my brother who's mother in law's name is Sudie. I was having a lot of fun running another thief around, but I hit a little bump that left me kind of frustrated as far as practicing skills goes. I guess everyone should be more careful about how they practice skills. I'm not bitter and I'm not getting into it, so don't ask.

Until I can write a role that I'll know I can actually roleplay with and not get confused as far as things the character should be doing, I'm outta here.

If anyone wants a response from any of these characters, say so.

Thanks for a great game Imms and players alike.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply RE: The rp issue, A player (Guest), 14-Sep-05 12:17 PM, #20
Reply RE: Ruren, Pookle, Pseudi are gone!, Waldali (Guest), 13-Sep-05 04:28 PM, #11
Reply I think I disagree, Senisblat (Guest), 13-Sep-05 09:09 AM, #9
Reply Thanks., Lhydia, 13-Sep-05 03:39 PM, #10
     Reply From the way I heard this story..., nepenthe, 13-Sep-05 07:14 PM, #12
     Reply Absolutely, and if someone didn't see the whole thing.., Lhydia, 13-Sep-05 09:10 PM, #13
          Reply Hmm, Gnarugk, 13-Sep-05 10:52 PM, #14
               Reply RE: Hmm, Lhydia, 13-Sep-05 11:06 PM, #15
                    Reply meant goodie bard, not evil. n/t, Lhydia, 13-Sep-05 11:09 PM, #16
                    Reply RE: Hmm, nepenthe, 13-Sep-05 11:28 PM, #17
                         Reply So you you're saying.., Lhydia, 14-Sep-05 06:40 AM, #18
                         Reply Furthermore..., Lhydia, 14-Sep-05 11:29 AM, #19
                         Reply RE: Furthermore..., nepenthe, 14-Sep-05 01:37 PM, #24
                              Reply RE: Furthermore..., Valguarnera, 14-Sep-05 01:58 PM, #26
                              Reply I had forgotten about that, conveniently enough., Lhydia, 14-Sep-05 02:27 PM, #30
                              Reply I hate seeing good things go to waste., Lhydia, 14-Sep-05 02:13 PM, #27
                         Reply Bring out the big guns Neppy., Lhydia, 14-Sep-05 01:08 PM, #21
     Reply This doesn't make sense to me:, Valguarnera, 14-Sep-05 01:14 PM, #22
          Reply My pot shot gets nuked, but you leave this in?, Laearrist, 14-Sep-05 01:28 PM, #23
          Reply I understand., Lhydia, 14-Sep-05 01:45 PM, #25
          Reply Arrazzn detect #### trigger., Ajegrhi (Anonymous), 14-Sep-05 05:28 PM, #28
               Reply I have no idea what you are trying to convey. (n/t), Valguarnera, 14-Sep-05 06:22 PM, #29
Reply Goodbye, Pookle, Trevor (Guest), 13-Sep-05 05:37 AM, #4
Reply Everyone loves Magical Trevor, Lhydia, 13-Sep-05 06:43 AM, #7
Reply Not my Pookle!, Ixullathan (Guest), 13-Sep-05 02:27 AM, #3
Reply Heehee, Lhydia, 13-Sep-05 06:42 AM, #6
Reply RE: Ruren, Aubarelle (Guest), 13-Sep-05 12:00 AM, #2
Reply I was surprised too., Lhydia, 13-Sep-05 06:47 AM, #8
Reply RE: Ruren, Pookle, Pseudi are gone!, Haggler, 12-Sep-05 11:48 PM, #1
     Reply And so you have one! n/t, Lhydia, 13-Sep-05 06:40 AM, #5

A player (Guest)Wed 14-Sep-05 12:17 PM

#41362, "RE: The rp issue"
In response to Reply #0

I know my opinion's not worth terribly much, but I vouch for this person. I wouldn't say he's the type to be cheating. If some form of identity is needed to make my statement meaningful, I played Kiel, Lysander, Lyrathuriel, Elsworth, Arilyn, Lene, Benvale and other assorted miscreants.

Waldali (Guest)Tue 13-Sep-05 04:28 PM

#41350, "RE: Ruren, Pookle, Pseudi are gone!"
In response to Reply #0

Wow really gonna miss two of those characters, Pookle for purely selfish reasons but thought Pseudi had a lot of what it takes as a thief, too bad but if you don't feel it, suppose nothing left to do but to go back to the drawing board. Hope to see you in the fields.

Senisblat (Guest)Tue 13-Sep-05 09:09 AM

#41346, "I think I disagree"
In response to Reply #0

I can only say that I interacted to any degree with Ruren, but honestly, you were my favorite character by far that I played with in my ~250 hours that senis racked up.

We were beastly together, plus I thought the retarded rp was fun, especially with Rhilkjean.

As for your RP, I thought you had it. You RPed a dwarf better than 95% of the dwarves out there, and honestly I think the religion would have come to fruit in time.

I was very disappointedly when Ruren became MIA.

As for Pookle, I think we talked once, and I also got a strong sense of RP from you there.

If you were not enjoying it, then I don't blame you. But if you deleted because you didn't think you were meeting some sort of standard, think again.

Well played. Nough said. Come back if you ever have the desiree, because I sure as hell would like to see some more of your chars.

Senisblat

LhydiaTue 13-Sep-05 03:39 PM
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41349, "Thanks."
In response to Reply #9

I don't know. The reason I got bitter was because an imm forced me to 'help rp'. I've never had that happen before, and after having a High Herald, and another leader character, having to read that is just kind of like..bleh. I was exploiting a practice loophole I guess, because I didn't practice steal before I got my warning skill, and I had that in the 90's while steal was at 1%, I figured warning would trigger off missed steals more if steal wasn't practiced so I went for it.

In character I don't see how that couldn't be justifiable, even after my lecture in the ROTD.

A master of the art of thievery told my character at a young age of all the skills and techniques she would learn in that guild, she decided that if there was a chance later on for her to learn a technique that would prevent her from being caught at all stealing, she would rather learn how to avoid getting caught before she even attempted to steal for the first time.

That makes sense to me IC and OOC. There was no rule against what I did that I saw, and it had never been brought up before when I had done it and others had, I figured it was okay. But the forced help roleplay, and the skills bumped down to 1% with the knowledge that the character will be watched in a negative way from that point forward made me want to delete, even if the Imm did set the skills back up to 75% at the end.

I'll come back when I have something that I think would be up to par as far as all around RP goes, including skill practice. Hell, I'm still confused about it. Till then though, I'll get back to the real world.

I liked Senisblat a lot too, sorry I went out on you like I did, but if I'm not having fun, I'll do something else. It's just a game.

nepentheTue 13-Sep-05 07:14 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41352, "From the way I heard this story..."
In response to Reply #10

The other half of it is who you were practicing the skill with.

LhydiaTue 13-Sep-05 09:10 PM
2390 posts
#41353, "Absolutely, and if someone didn't see the whole thing.."
In response to Reply #12

I could understand it, but it took me at least 20 minutes to make that bard think I was seeking redemption and that I was a passive peaceful duergar. I see ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with convincing a lightwalking human that I'm not evil in order to get something from him. It goes along with the deceptive, evil, I'm much smarter then you and I'll corrupt you in order to get you to think you're helping me role I was going for. I was giving him one gold everytime I felt better at a skill, and I was killing him after the skill was perfect to get my gold back. I have no problem using and abusing people as an evil character, especially if they're ignorant of what's actually going on. Did the Imm in question let me explain that aspect of it? No. He made a judgemental call and didn't take any explanation as acceptable, and wouldn't hear anything once I tried to explain what I was doing.

For Christ's sake, that #### should be encouraged with an evil character.

GnarugkTue 13-Sep-05 10:52 PM
Member since 13th Sep 2005
19 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#41355, "Hmm"
In response to Reply #13

When I heroed (50) Bukrinuk, I did it with a goodie herlad healer and a neutral shifter. No one dropped my ranks back down and no one slapped my orc for taking advantage of some herald's will to please him. And yes, I blatantly lied about not attacking said healer, killing him in the Inn shortly after I hit 51. How is that any different than rp'ing things out the way Lhydia mentions here? Was there some OOC connection between the chars that would warrant IC penalties on an evil thief for what transpired?

LhydiaTue 13-Sep-05 11:06 PM
2390 posts
#41356, "RE: Hmm"
In response to Reply #14

If you're saying I knew that bard OOC, I had no idea who it was. I had never seen the dude even in the game. He was one of the three people in my range I could trust as an evil not to kill me. The other two were AP's. I'd much rather con an evil bard who I didn't have to fear into letting me pay them to train with them then get bashed down by an AP when I let my guard down.

LhydiaTue 13-Sep-05 11:09 PM
2390 posts
#41357, "meant goodie bard, not evil. n/t"
In response to Reply #15

g

nepentheTue 13-Sep-05 11:28 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41358, "RE: Hmm"
In response to Reply #15

>If you're saying I knew that bard OOC, I had no idea who it
>was.

I didn't make any of the calls in question, but based on the evidence there isn't any chance I'm buying that, sorry. Any further detail I go into about my disbelief is just going to come off mean-spirited.

LhydiaWed 14-Sep-05 06:40 AM
2390 posts
#41359, "So you you're saying.."
In response to Reply #17

..one of the main reasons I got in trouble was that you people thought I was using someone OOC to spam skills on? That's kind of crappy, though I understand the paranoia. I won't say I don't know anyone OOC, but I can honestly say I didn't know that bard and if he reads these forums, he can probably say so to..but really, he seemed way new and I doubt if he does. Meh.

LhydiaWed 14-Sep-05 11:29 AM
2390 posts
#41360, "Furthermore..."
In response to Reply #17

Let me make sure no one was trying to do me any favors first, as far as I know only a couple of people even knew who I was playing, then I'll ask you to hit me with every shred of evidence you've got on my email (marktheintern@yahoo.com) or on these forums. I know for a fact I had never heard of or seen the bard before, whether you think otherwise or not.

I have the entire ROTD experience logged, and never once did the Imm mention anything about an OOC connection, or that bard period. I think that the way you're all looking at it, yes it could look shady, but it's just a cop out way to try and make me look guilty of something and cover your asses as to the harsh results of something that I actually didn't do wrong.

Seriously, this morning was the first I heard or even thought that that could have been why I was in trouble, I spoke to the Imm for 30 minutes, and while he did convince me I didn't know how to RP anymore, he did not mention anywhere about spamming on a friend I knew OOC.

I've played this mud for 9 years, and I've never had a problem with the Imms, I had only been to the ROTD once before. Yes I've met a few nice people through the game. If I know someone OOC and our characters interact, it's completely IC. I don't cheat, I follow the rules, and I play nicely. Up to this point I've been recruiting people to try out CF, trying to get the player base up. I've always defended you people because I know you have basically a thankless job on top of your real life. I'm not trying to be an ass, I still appreciate what you Imms do. I just don't understand the attitudes of the Imm staff in this issue, and it's making me want to not play here anymore or to try and get anyone else to.

nepentheWed 14-Sep-05 01:37 PM
3430 posts
#41368, "RE: Furthermore..."
In response to Reply #19

>I don't cheat, I follow the rules, and I play nicely.

On an issue not directly related to the one at hand:

FYI, giving a character away is cheating, and I can't see how you could rationalize it any other way. If I'd have realized it happened before about five minutes after the rage delete, the hammer would have come down. As is I thought long and hard about denying the other characters of both you and the player you gave that character to to prove a point.

Back to the incident at hand:

You were doing something shady, and for it you got, what, a talking-to and the two skills in question set back to what they were before you started doing the something shady? This is the horrible and unfair punishment that's inspired this hissy-fit?

On one hand, you're clearly capable of playing some solid characters that enrich the game. On the other hand, you're also capable of doing some shady/####ty things and yet telling yourself that cheating and cheesing are things that other people do. One of these sets of behavior we're really happy to have around on CF, and one of them we're not.

You're like the honor roll student caught shoplifting. Your parents don't want you to run away, they just don't want you to ####ing steal cassettes of Poison's Greatest Hits anymore.

ValguarneraWed 14-Sep-05 01:58 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41370, "RE: Furthermore..."
In response to Reply #24

FYI, giving a character away is cheating, and I can't see how you could rationalize it any other way. If I'd have realized it happened before about five minutes after the rage delete, the hammer would have come down. As is I thought long and hard about denying the other characters of both you and the player you gave that character to to prove a point.

Huh. I was aware of this case, but not aware this was the person involved. That's not only cheating, it's Cheating. Bleh.

Lhydia, take it as a sign of leniency that you didn't end up banned for a month (long enough to force autodeletion of other characters) for that. You certainly shouldn't be trumpeting "I don't cheat, I follow the rules, and I play nicely.", or at least the first two-thirds of it if you have that in your recent past. (Based on some other characters, I'll give you the last third.)

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

LhydiaThu 15-Sep-05 10:28 PM
2390 posts
#41372, "I had forgotten about that, conveniently enough."
In response to Reply #26

I never really thought of that as cheating, and I actually forgot it was a rule. Just thought I could give something to a friend that I'm wasnt using anymore. Sorry about that, won't happen again.

LhydiaWed 14-Sep-05 02:13 PM
2390 posts
#41371, "I hate seeing good things go to waste."
In response to Reply #24

Yes I cheated and gave that character to someone else. I hate the time I spent practicing and ranking and gathering go to waste. The guy always wanted to try to figure out assassinate, and I knew I wasn't ever going to play that character again, so there it went. I won't do it again. At the end of the day, CF is a game, and friends are friends. I figured it was something that wasn't a big deal, but since it is, it won't happen again.

___

I understand that nothing much actually happened, my problem is that I've got too much pride to let the little things go. I never claimed the punishment was horrible, I just really didn't like having to deal with it period or that I'll be flagged or whatever it is you do to people who you have to watch closely for cheating or game infractions. I'd rather be watched because I was doing something good, not because I might do something bad.

In short, I think whoever the Imm was that dealt with me made a big deal out of something that wasn't a big deal in the first place and I reacted to it. Seriously, if someone forces you to help roleplay when you're roleplaying, it's a slap in the face.

LhydiaWed 14-Sep-05 01:08 PM
2390 posts
#41364, "Bring out the big guns Neppy."
In response to Reply #17

I am 100% certain now that that bard was no one I knew.

ValguarneraWed 14-Sep-05 01:22 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41365, "This doesn't make sense to me:"
In response to Reply #10
Edited on Wed 14-Sep-05 01:14 PM

A master of the art of thievery told my character at a young age of all the skills and techniques she would learn in that guild, she decided that if there was a chance later on for her to learn a technique that would prevent her from being caught at all stealing, she would rather learn how to avoid getting caught before she even attempted to steal for the first time.

The whole idea of the Steal skill is taking things without getting caught. I don't see how you can imagine knowing everything about not getting caught (Warning Skill) or mastering a "fine-tuning" skill to stealing (Deft Touch) without knowing anything about stealing.

It was a (very clear-cut, IMHO) ex-bug that you could get better as those two skills without sufficient knowledge of Steal. I think you're starting with the result you want and going way out of your way to imagine a story that could possibly cover it, and I don't think it does that at all.

As for the OOC implications.... a good-aligned character standing around and letting a duergar rob him repeatedly smells more than a little pre-arranged. Nonetheless, what was done (resetting the skills to 75%) pretty clearly addresses the bug exploit.

LaearristWed 14-Sep-05 01:28 PM
289 posts
#41367, "My pot shot gets nuked, but you leave this in?"
In response to Reply #22

As for the OOC implications.... a good-aligned character standing around and letting a duergar rob him repeatedly smells more than a little pre-arranged.

Whatever, I'm so not involved in this situation... perhaps I'll go back to bitching about empowerment.

LhydiaWed 14-Sep-05 01:45 PM
2390 posts
#41369, "I understand."
In response to Reply #22

And I appreciate you not locking this thread before I get a chance to try and clear stuff up.

Think about it some more. You just walked into the guild and you're new to the entire scene. You know everyone around you makes their living by stealing from other people. You've heard stories of some people getting caught and killed, caught and maimed, caught and thrown into a cell. You're kind of nervous about learning to pinch items and you've seen a lot of people get caught. Someone notices, and tells you, 'It won't always be that way, as you advance in the ranks you will learn how to avoid EVER being caught, all within the safety of the guild.'

Look, I understand where you're coming from, and now that it's coded that perfecting warning like that is impossible, it will never happen again. It was the same thing when people perfected disarm by using a weapon they didn't know. Nobody got transfered because of it when they fixed that bug, nobody got branded a cheater or rudely spoken to when they tried to explain themselves.

The other half you're saying I knew that bard OOC. Firstly, I doubt that bard reads this forum, because he was a newbie. Yes I took advantage of that fact, because newbies are always looking to learn about the game, and they're always easier to convince to do things for you. This is a known fact. I sincerely apologize to him if he in any way has taken negative consequences for this as well, but odds are he wouldn't understand what he was being accused of if you spoke with him, and he would just stopped mudding on top of it. I'm sure you all already know that, and I'm almost positive no one has even tried to talk with him about it because of this.

As far as that goes, accuse all you want, I absolutely know 100% that I don't know whoever was playing that bard OOC.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

Ajegrhi (inactive user)Wed 14-Sep-05 05:28 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #22

Dont know why, but my #### trigger got it...

Immortal - you said the ####, but you knew perfectly what was going
on.

Anyway Arrazzns #### trigger.

ValguarneraWed 14-Sep-05 06:22 PM
6904 posts
#41377, "I have no idea what you are trying to convey. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #28

Trevor (Guest)Tue 13-Sep-05 05:37 AM

#41338, "Goodbye, Pookle"
In response to Reply #0

Fortunately you were the only one to call Trevor Magical Trevor and quote the Magical Trevor songs. Granted, that's where the name, and partially the desc(which was also affected by his chosen sphere), came from(I wouldn't have named a non-human Trevor), but that's pretty much it, as the char isn't Magical Trevor but just another hungry conjurer in CF world. Good luck with your next!

LhydiaTue 13-Sep-05 06:43 AM
2390 posts
#41342, "Everyone loves Magical Trevor"
In response to Reply #4

Your tricks were clever! Even though all you did was magic missle! I can't believe no one else caught on to that, I thought it was really funny the entire time, and while we were ranking I had that music looping and I was pretty much laughing everytime you did anything. I'm insane like that. =\

Ixullathan (Guest)Tue 13-Sep-05 02:27 AM

#41337, "Not my Pookle!"
In response to Reply #0

I don't think id have even heroed if it were not for you, Zujos, and Seiichi. Everyone else was helpful but you were damn well determined to help me and I cannot say thank you enough. You were fun to travel with and I think you'd have made a great Vindicator with how aggressive you could be with Croc. I'm very sorry to see you go and wish you would have stuck it out but I could tell you either burning out or just losing interest which how quick your playing hours dwindled. Thanks for all the help and travels.

--Ix

LhydiaTue 13-Sep-05 06:42 AM
2390 posts
#41341, "Heehee"
In response to Reply #3

Yeah, I remember my first Tribunal shifter and how frustrating it was for me to rank to hero waiting around for a good group or any group for that matter. I really liked the fact that you didn't seem to get very frustrated when you could have, and just watching you have to level sit right before your final form just made me cringe for you. So I tried my damndest to get it for you!

You're welcome.

Aubarelle (Guest)Tue 13-Sep-05 12:00 AM

#41332, "RE: Ruren"
In response to Reply #0

Good job with Ruren. A damn tough dwarf - did I mention that I hate resist disease? That one time I thought I wouldn't need protections when I summoned you in Galadon... ouch! And that tesseract totally caught me by surprise. After I died I was thinking "Damn, what were the chances of walking into you on the Aryth Ocean?!" then I scrolled back and noticed the tesseract. One of my few deaths, so well done. Don't think I ever got you either Dwarf Maran axe-specs really aren't a great match up for a necro.

LhydiaTue 13-Sep-05 06:47 AM
2390 posts
#41343, "I was surprised too."
In response to Reply #2

I know we said an honorable duel, but I was expecting you to go back on your word. I told my group NOT to enter the graveyard though, so that was good from my end. They were sitting outside of it waiting to be called in in case you got dishonest. And then when you worded I was like, wow, I did good. A full set of Pwent gear bumps your save vs spell to like -60 something, and then add on the dwarf resist and the holy symbols and yeah, you've got a dwarf that is tough to spell up.

Ieyasan was my inspiration to start learning how to pk, thanks for that. (Even though I still suck at it.)

HagglerMon 12-Sep-05 11:48 PM
Member since 30th Jun 2005
110 posts
#41331, "RE: Ruren, Pookle, Pseudi are gone!"
In response to Reply #0

I'd like a response from the player if possible.

wantingtofollow@yahoo.com

LhydiaTue 13-Sep-05 06:40 AM
2390 posts
#41340, "And so you have one! n/t"
In response to Reply #1

g

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #41330 Previous topic | Next topic