Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Leetha the Overlord of the Forest" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #40977
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 27-Aug-05 01:00 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40977, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Leetha the Overlord of the Forest"

Sat Aug 27 13:00:48 2005

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Leetha perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:ranger
Level:33
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:60

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Leetha (Guest)Sat 27-Aug-05 01:07 PM

#40978, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I lost interest in this char about a month ago. Most probably won't have a clue who I am, since part of my role was being sphere concealment and almost never being out of camo. That combined with not showing enough means even the Outlanders won't remember me probably. Ah well. On to the goodbyes.

Qing: It really sucked that you gave me the quest to get flagged and remain alive for a day, to get in. Mainly because you, Dalbiddle, and Kazren were laying such smack down on the Tribs that I couldn't ever get flagged. Then I finally did, and you went on vacation for "a week". Never saw you again. But believe me I know how real life interferes. I never did die, though. Gained like 8 levels flagged I think. I forget what level I was when you gave me the quest.

Innis: Thanks for inducting me once I explained what was up with Qing.

Kazren: You really were awful nice for an evil. The first thing you told me to do (gimme leggings) was pretty funny, glad I had an answer for it.

Msaylu: You really were bitchy. I tried to just keep my mouth shut around you. Good job.

Skrythe: Man that sucks that you age-died so fast and here I am without interest.

Arminas: You are the perfect choice for Sunwarden, and thanks for all the help, always. Sorry I couldn't make myself be around more.

Raluin: It was nice meeting someone who wasn't grim and dour all the time. Keep chirpin'.

Others: I'm sorry, I forgot a lot of you, probably. But like I said, a lot of you won't have a clue who I am.

Kazren (Guest)Sat 27-Aug-05 04:02 PM

#40981, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

If you hadn't defended the huntress, you would have gotten the nastier side of me. If you came to me to talk about induction and weren't an evil and hadn't defended the huntress at least once, I was more likely to tell you to go bother someone else. Good luck.

Qing (Guest)Tue 30-Aug-05 01:04 PM

#41051, "About that quest.."
In response to Reply #1

I didn't get a chance to go through these threads until now. About that quest..

The thing is, I interviewed your character, and it was one of those characters who said all the right things, knew all the right things, but was missing that "spark" that tells me this character will stick around and have some kind of presence. Not a PK/RP powerhouse presence, but just a "presence" - an indication that the player cares about this particular character. It's hard to explain, but I played a few cabal leaders before, and everytime you induct someone who says all the right things but lacks that "spark", they end up logging in sporadically after induction and delete in silence. I think that "spark" is what drives you to play that character instead of just rolling up another one.

So I sent you on that "quest" hoping to generate something exciting. It was a pretty silly/trivial task, I agree, but I was thinking when we next met, you would have some made-up story to tell me about all your adventures as a (WANTED) fugitive.

So there you go.

And yeah, sorry about the lengthy drop-off. Unavoidable, and I did inform the IMMs/Cabal I'd need at least 2-3 weeks. I'm glad you made it in at the end of the day and good luck with the next!

Leetha (Guest)Tue 30-Aug-05 01:49 PM

#41052, "Heh..."
In response to Reply #3

I think you hit the nail on the head. Leetha was the first char I've played in a while after a looong sabbatical, and so the role was fairly weak...just a ranger who likes to hide and doesn't like cities because they take away her hiding spots. It truly was more of a "get the CF feel back" char than a really good juicy role.

You've got a good eye as a leader, obviously. Hopefully you'll come back with another leader somewhere down the road.

Oh one last thing - I was trying to (in a roleplay fashion) tell you that I wasn't afraid to go into cities, but that I didn't WANT to because it'd kill my wild%. I'm wondering if you really thought I was just cowardly or if you understood that?

Qing (Guest)Tue 30-Aug-05 03:19 PM

#41055, "Yeah, I understood."
In response to Reply #4

My character was an Ordasen follower, though, so I was trying to RP it out. But I've played a couple of rangers, and know what it's like.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #40977 Previous topic | Next topic